McCane and Pavey asleep at the wheel

McCane and Pavey asleep at the wheel

Posted in the Rushville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
happened again

United States

#1 Feb 18, 2013
Another small town finds success using, of all things, EDIT money. This money is supposed to be used for incentives for companies locating business in the county, but in Rushville, the EDIT money is used for the perpetual, and overpriced, ambulance serice. NOT the intention.
see below:

While many of the details are being kept secret, Warrick County, Ind., officials have confirmed an industrial company is considering construction of a new facility in the North Warrick Industrial Park.

The new plant could employ nearly 400 people, according to Warrick County Council President Gary Meyer.

“This is a big deal for the county if we get it, and that is why we are trying not to divulge too much,” Meyer said.“I won’t say this is another Alcoa, but they are predicting 400 new employees. This would be quite an investment in the county and it is probably as big of a deal as we have had for quite a while.”

At its February meeting, the council voted unanimously to approve a $1.3 million infrastructure and incentive project to be paid of of the county’s Economic Development Income Tax (EDIT) fund. The council also approved a 10-year tax phase-in for the facility. Meyer, who rarely votes for tax phase-ins, supported the idea this time.

“This just seems like a very good project with a lot of employment,” he said.“I thought it was a nice fit for our county and for the industrial park, because we seem to have had some trouble moving that land.”

Right now, the only industry in the North Warrick Industrial Park is North American Lighting. The county has owned the property just outside of Elberfeld, Ind., for nearly a decade.

The EDIT money would be used to move some roadways within the industrial park as well as create a new retention pond. The company would get tax breaks through incentives if it hired a certain number of people who live in Warrick County.

Warrick County Economic Development Director Larry Taylor declined to make any comment about the proposed facility, although he said he anticipates a decision from the company in less than a month.

The company is also considering a site in another state.

“It is a competitive situation, so I really can’t talk about it,” Taylor said.
rushville run by idiots

United States

#2 Feb 18, 2013
Seriously?? You ARE kidding, right? Those two guys can't find their own @ssses with both hands, and you want them to get an industrial company here?! They are too busy lining up mom and pop consignment stores. Lots of jobs there. Plus, did you forget that they got millions of dollars from Washington DC? I think they planted the dollar bills in the cornfield across from Intat. Nothing coming up yet.
jessic

Lafayette, IN

#3 Feb 18, 2013
If this sad county gets EDIT,I will be moving ASAP loss or no loss.I will least move to a county that got it and growing.Not going to support this EDIT.Look at the wheel tax,what a joke that turn out to be.
Biff

Lafayette, IN

#4 Feb 18, 2013
They are not only asleep at the wheel,the vehicle is moving in reverse.I hope they wake up before Rushville hits the 1950's.
junior Johnson

Connersville, IN

#5 Feb 18, 2013
As is typical, the clueless are posting again. City has no control over giving the ambulance service money. That would be the county. If you hadn't noticed, the City is trying to free itself from Brads dollar bill maker. If the new Commissioners have a brain between them, they will cut the ambulance service free and let the City run it.

I am glad you posted this article, Warrick County has owned the industrial park for ten years and is now just seeing success. Less than two years ago they got there first tenant, 40 employee NA Lighting. Now they are courting a large tenant. Shows what forethought and planning can get you. Rushville is following the same plan. A plan that many have ridiculed. Warrick County has planted dollar bills in its corn field and looks to be reaping the harvest. The dems just don't get it.

And we all win because Jessic is moving....great deal
junior Johnson

Connersville, IN

#6 Feb 18, 2013
Their first.
jessic

Lafayette, IN

#7 Feb 18, 2013
junior Johnson wrote:
As is typical, the clueless are posting again. City has no control over giving the ambulance service money. That would be the county. If you hadn't noticed, the City is trying to free itself from Brads dollar bill maker. If the new Commissioners have a brain between them, they will cut the ambulance service free and let the City run it.
I am glad you posted this article, Warrick County has owned the industrial park for ten years and is now just seeing success. Less than two years ago they got there first tenant, 40 employee NA Lighting. Now they are courting a large tenant. Shows what forethought and planning can get you. Rushville is following the same plan. A plan that many have ridiculed. Warrick County has planted dollar bills in its corn field and looks to be reaping the harvest. The dems just don't get it.
And we all win because Jessic is moving....great deal
Ha Ha The only way I will loose is if Rushville starts growing and stops moving backwards.So far I am winning.And Rushville has had years to follow the same plan for the industrial park here and have gotten no where with it.So far it has only produced Excuses why we are not growing while businesses jump over Rush county to build in our surrounding counties.
Dumb

Connersville, IN

#8 Feb 18, 2013
junior Johnson wrote:
As is typical, the clueless are posting again. City has no control over giving the ambulance service money. That would be the county. If you hadn't noticed, the City is trying to free itself from Brads dollar bill maker. If the new Commissioners have a brain between them, they will cut the ambulance service free and let the City run it.
I am glad you posted this article, Warrick County has owned the industrial park for ten years and is now just seeing success. Less than two years ago they got there first tenant, 40 employee NA Lighting. Now they are courting a large tenant. Shows what forethought and planning can get you. Rushville is following the same plan. A plan that many have ridiculed. Warrick County has planted dollar bills in its corn field and looks to be reaping the harvest. The dems just don't get it.
And we all win because Jessic is moving....great deal
If you think this county and city can support 2 ambulance services you are not very adapt at managing anything. From what i have been told the city ambulance would be out of service if a fire happens at the same time because there would not be enough on duty firemen to man both. I realize they are going to try and use volunteer firemen to fill in, but in the meantime i hope you don't need an ambulance in a hurry. RMH Ambulances would be used only for county calls and transfers. How long can they last just doing that. Now what happens when they go out of business because they won't get any city runs because city officials don't want RMH involved in any emergency care because of their ongoing fued with Brad?
dumb r us

United States

#9 Feb 19, 2013
look, if it can be done stupidly, it was meant for Rushville. Stupid is as Rushville does. Keep electing idiots, and this is what you get.
Ronald

Young America, IN

#10 Feb 19, 2013
There have been very few non-idiots try to be elected in this county but the idiots keep electing their own.
junior Johnson

Ashburn, VA

#11 Feb 19, 2013
Jessic, it boggles my mind that you claim to earn 6 figures. It would be lose not loose. And obviously you missed my point, you are moving, so we all win. The city, the citizens, you, we all win. Read what's written, not what you guess.

Dumb, great name. If you had a brain you would realize there are already more than two ambulance services in the county. Raleigh, Anderson township, Carthage, RMH? Any of those ring a bell?

The county is looking at giving the center district ambulance service to the City to run because they are tired of paying through the nose for RMH to run it. There is even questions that RMH has been padding their runs since a good percentage of claimed RMH runs do not show up on dispatcher records. This has nothing to do with a feud, has to do with good service.
jessic

Churubusco, IN

#12 Feb 19, 2013
junior Johnson wrote:
Jessic, it boggles my mind that you claim to earn 6 figures. It would be lose not loose. And obviously you missed my point, you are moving, so we all win. The city, the citizens, you, we all win. Read what's written, not what you guess.
Dumb, great name. If you had a brain you would realize there are already more than two ambulance services in the county. Raleigh, Anderson township, Carthage, RMH? Any of those ring a bell?
The county is looking at giving the center district ambulance service to the City to run because they are tired of paying through the nose for RMH to run it. There is even questions that RMH has been padding their runs since a good percentage of claimed RMH runs do not show up on dispatcher records. This has nothing to do with a feud, has to do with good service.
Legend in your own minds,maybe that what wrong with this town.Nobody is asleep at the wheel,this because nobody is driving.You should read the paper in today paper Rushville alone suffered a loss of 38 percent of its tax funding in 2012 and going to have revenue shortfalls.Somebody is going to have to pay it.This is what you get when a town has a shrinking tax base.This loss was from the Tax caps which means if Rushville would have had some industry here this would not have happened.Because the tax base would have been larger and the loss would not have been noticed because it would have been smaller.
Wee Willie

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Feb 20, 2013
Ronald wrote:
There have been very few non-idiots try to be elected in this county but the idiots keep electing their own.
It all makes sense.
The locals keep inbreeding with each other producing genetically deformed mutants and then those mutants end up voting in their fellow mutants as mayor and ECDC director.
It's a never-ending cycle of depravity here in Rushville.
Junior Johnson

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#15 Feb 20, 2013
Jessic, are you still here? I thought you were moving, remember? Win-win? You get out of the town you hate, we don't have to listen to another unproductive pain in the rear whine? win-win.

As with most municipalities, counties etc.... in the state, do to the changes in the property tax code, Rush County and Rushville is indeed seeing a cut in its tax revenues. But unlike many of them, efficiencies, cuts and increases in alternative funding mechanisms, the City is within budget and is actually scheduled to end the fiscal year with a surplus. This as opposed to the $800k deficit that the democrats left office with.

Now the county is a different matter. The farmers are going to have a fit when they see their latest tax assessments. At that point, the hundreds of thousands of dollars the county pays RMH will be gone as a starting point. One thing everyone is Rush County knows, farmers do not like seeing their taxes go up.

And trust me, no matter how big the tax base, most communities are suffering the loss. It is all in how you manage it. So far our elected officials have done well.

Now the problem is having to deal with the multi million dollar IDEM required waste water improvements Merv saddled us with.
jessic

Churubusco, IN

#16 Feb 20, 2013
Junior Johnson wrote:
Jessic, are you still here? I thought you were moving, remember? Win-win? You get out of the town you hate, we don't have to listen to another unproductive pain in the rear whine? win-win.
As with most municipalities, counties etc.... in the state, do to the changes in the property tax code, Rush County and Rushville is indeed seeing a cut in its tax revenues. But unlike many of them, efficiencies, cuts and increases in alternative funding mechanisms, the City is within budget and is actually scheduled to end the fiscal year with a surplus. This as opposed to the $800k deficit that the democrats left office with.
Now the county is a different matter. The farmers are going to have a fit when they see their latest tax assessments. At that point, the hundreds of thousands of dollars the county pays RMH will be gone as a starting point. One thing everyone is Rush County knows, farmers do not like seeing their taxes go up.
And trust me, no matter how big the tax base, most communities are suffering the loss. It is all in how you manage it. So far our elected officials have done well.
Now the problem is having to deal with the multi million dollar IDEM required waste water improvements Merv saddled us with.
Merv did not saddled Rushville with this not unless he was over the EPA.For your Info,these are EPA Mandates, Rushville was not the only county to get it.All Indiana counties was touch by these mandates in some form.Idem only enforces what the EPA wants. Hancock county Tax base was large and yes they got hit with the caps but not as much as here.The farmers Taxes on land accessed value is going up now(this was also in the paper) and will hit 2400 dollars an ac in 2014.This small tax base is going to affect everyone.I am thinking that you and and people like you want to keep Rushville shrinking.Because you want to find excuses and put the blame on everyone that not in office.If you really want to know something the people in office now are not really doing a good job either.
jessic

Churubusco, IN

#17 Feb 20, 2013
There is just one more thing these revenue shortfalls have not been address yet by Rushville ,this according to the mayor(in the paper again) and will be looked at at a later date.As you can see there will be more cuts in service or taxes will have to go up to meet the shortfall.So you see that 800,000 dollars in savings that Junior is talking about is in the past now and now a new set of prolblems have taken its place,with possible higher taxes to meet the shortfall of 38%.
Junior Johnson

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#18 Feb 20, 2013
When Merv signed an agreed order with IDEM without attempting to negotiate a settlement, then he bought the most expensive solution. Of course no one would expect him to understand what it means, it contained words greater than 3 syllables.

As any person who has dealt with IDEM and EPA, you never take their first deal. There is always a second more amenable. As usual, you are slightly off on your facts. IDEM takes EPS rules and then interprets those into law in Indiana. So IDEM is the agency you work with. Indy negotiated with IDEM for 5 years before they signed an agreed order and took a $6 Billion dollar 10 year proposal down to a $3 Billion dollar 20 year agreed order. Since Merv signed the order, there is little room to negotiate it. I am betting we are the only municipality that signed the first offer in years.

I am working hard to keep Rushville growing, unlike most on here who just whine and complain. You should join us.....well you could, but you are leaving. Do you need help with getting boxes?
jessic

Churubusco, IN

#19 Feb 20, 2013
Junior Johnson wrote:
When Merv signed an agreed order with IDEM without attempting to negotiate a settlement, then he bought the most expensive solution. Of course no one would expect him to understand what it means, it contained words greater than 3 syllables.
As any person who has dealt with IDEM and EPA, you never take their first deal. There is always a second more amenable. As usual, you are slightly off on your facts. IDEM takes EPS rules and then interprets those into law in Indiana. So IDEM is the agency you work with. Indy negotiated with IDEM for 5 years before they signed an agreed order and took a $6 Billion dollar 10 year proposal down to a $3 Billion dollar 20 year agreed order. Since Merv signed the order, there is little room to negotiate it. I am betting we are the only municipality that signed the first offer in years.
I am working hard to keep Rushville growing, unlike most on here who just whine and complain. You should join us.....well you could, but you are leaving. Do you need help with getting boxes?
Here in the last 4 years The EPA has got very powerful and there is no negotiations with then now,Its not like it was years ago when you could get a deal from then.The EPA sets mandates now and IDEM has to make sure they get done.Indy was only in negotiation with Citizens Engery for the cost of project,not IDEM which had to approve the plan.Citizens started the underground storage tank construction in 2011.Indy has a mandate to get the project done.
Junior Johnson

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#20 Feb 20, 2013
Not true. I was actually just part of a negotiation to mitigate the effects of an IDEM interpretation of an EPA rule. We are getting ready to work on some more with the new boiler MACT standards coming into effect. IDEM is still locking in their view of the rules and we will be working with them to reduce the costs of those rules. We certainly will not be signing the first thing IDEM presents to us.

The waste water issue with Indy was settled long before the city sold the water utility to Citizens.
Hmmmm

United States

#21 Feb 20, 2013
Junior Johnson wrote:
Not true. I was actually just part of a negotiation to mitigate the effects of an IDEM interpretation of an EPA rule. We are getting ready to work on some more with the new boiler MACT standards coming into effect. IDEM is still locking in their view of the rules and we will be working with them to reduce the costs of those rules. We certainly will not be signing the first thing IDEM presents to us.
The waste water issue with Indy was settled long before the city sold the water utility to Citizens.
Joe,
Does your employer know you are on here posting all day?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rushville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Honda Hiring Process? (Jun '11) Jul 12 Mike 1,311
Rushville Republican May '17 Beast 4
News 7 month investigation leads to arrest (Jun '11) May '17 The Anti-Connersv... 13
Bad behavior May '17 Homer 1
internet Apr '17 RVgrandma 1
News Face of Trump's Indiana campaign belongs to an ... (Sep '16) Apr '17 AL B 11
Topps Apr '17 Frank 2

Rushville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rushville Mortgages