Amanda Daughtery
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned mom

Grabill, IN

#1 Apr 20, 2012
Does anyone know anything about Amanda (Clark) Daughtery? My child is in the same class as one of her children. Just wondering if it is a good home? I have heard some things, just wanting the truth.
Just so you know

Grabill, IN

#2 Apr 20, 2012
Seems nice when you first meet her, but don't let that decieve you! She is a major drug user. I don't know what she takes, but obviously something. Have you seen her lately it's obvious. She has been caught stepping out on her marriage. Definately not a home I would let my child visit.
concerned

United States

#3 Apr 21, 2012
Well her husband is a Daugherty. They are infamous sluts and druggies. And she has cheated numerous times. Yeah I wouldn't trust it.
Mallory

United States

#4 Apr 21, 2012
She hangs with know user, and Amy Morton . So what that tell ya?.... Hide your husbands and your kids.
Aylissa

Granger, IN

#5 Apr 21, 2012
grow the fu ck up gean and wendy! your all just jealous!!!!!
i just don't like you

Chicago, IL

#6 Apr 21, 2012
Why do people always write that u r jealous if u post something about someone? Why does it have to be jealousy? Maybe that person is just a raging biotch or a-hole that I don't like. Nothing to do with jealousy there.
Aylissa

Granger, IN

#7 Apr 21, 2012
why cant you say it to her face instead of typing it on here. you scared?
Ella

United States

#8 Apr 23, 2012
I know of her know who she is but honesty don't know her , with that said I haven't heard anything good. And yes she seems to be always on something. Wouldn't allow my kids at her house . And no I'm not jealous , nothing to be jealous of .Just saying someone asked this is my opinion .
Wow

Valparaiso, IN

#9 Apr 23, 2012
Hey Nick is a great guy so you must have heard wrong about all Daugherty's
Alfred E Newman

Plainfield, IL

#10 Apr 24, 2012
I have known Nick for around 15 years.He is not on drugs ,he likes his beer but who doesnt? Amanda is a nice person.The kids are very happy and loving.I think whoever is on here hating is a lowlife that does not know them very well..
Ella

Chicago, IL

#11 Apr 24, 2012
Don't know Nick & I never said kids weren't happy . Just said Amanda seems to always be on something . And I wouldnt let my kids play at her house . For that Reson alone! Doesn't make me a low life just am careful who my kids are around . There's alot out there this days.
Adam

Muncie, IN

#12 Apr 24, 2012
Ella - You don't get to make those kinds of assumptions about people.

"Always seems to be on something"? What, are you an expert? Just because she SEEMS TO BE to YOU, that means she IS? Fat fucking chance.

You don't actually KNOW anything about these people, you just don't LIKE them, so you're making stuff up and pretending it's the truth like you know better.

Maybe she actually isn't nice, maybe she actually does do drugs, maybe she actually did cheat. But I've read through this whole thread, and it's really clear, you don't actually -know- ANYTHING, you're just talking out of your ass.

And not just making anything up - but making up totally hurtful assumptions and trying to pass them off as "good advice" to other parents. I'll tell you what's good advice to other parents - Parents, why don't you go meet the parents of your children's friends? Become from friends with them yourself? Use your best judgment. Don't rely on an idiotic rumour mill to supply your information.

Back to Ella. Ella, It's fine if she makes you uncomfortable and you don't want your children over there - but it's NOT fine for you to lie about her and try to convince everyone else your uncomfortable feeling is the truth.

Now - be a decent human being and apologize.
Adam

Muncie, IN

#13 Apr 24, 2012
You know, this really bugs me, so I'm going to take it a step further.

If your kids are from a good home, they know what good homes look like, and you have nothing to fear from sending them to bad ones. They know what's right and what's wrong - and witnessing a less than savory lifestyle isn't going to turn them bad. If anything, it's probably just going to make them smarter, more understanding, more compassionate people. And the kids from the less than savory homes? Ten to one - they will benefit from hanging out with your good kid.

The only reason you should be concerned is if you're insecure about your own parenting. And if that's the case - then you REALLY don't get to judge other homes.
Alfred E Newman

Plainfield, IL

#14 Apr 24, 2012
well put Adam well put.I agree with you 100% and I must say that is the smartest thing I have ever herd anyone say on any of these Rushville threads...
i just don't like you

United States

#15 Apr 24, 2012
Nothing to fear from sending your kid to an unsavory home? Are you freaking kidding me? If the parent are on something and not watching your and their kids then there is plenty to worry about! Or how about those idiots who have meth labs in their house with their kids? Nothing to worry about? Do you even have kids? A parent knows that accidents happen in the most diligent parents house but are more likely to happen with far worse results normally in homes where parents aren't watching the kids or leaving things lying around for the kids to get them. Seriously what kind of parent would be ok letting their kid go into such an environment? We aren't talking teens here, we are talking smaller children. You sir, are crazy.
Adam

Muncie, IN

#16 Apr 24, 2012
No one said anything about smaller children. High schoolers and middle schoolers and even fifth or sixth graders? Yeah - believe it or not - I'm still not worried. But you know, you can ignore the part where I suggested you "GET TO KNOW THE PARENTS YOURSELF" if you want. Then you'd actually KNOW something about them, instead of just making wild guesses like "oh no maybe they have a meth lab!"

I'm sorry. That was rude of me. Let's ignore the fact that it's ridiculous you think a meth lab is a likely possibility. You clearly don't know anything about meth labs. I can forgive you for giving a bad example. Here's the substance:

The rumor mill isn't going to help you. It's just going to give you a bunch of bullshit bad assumptions that conform to the current bullshit bad assumptions you're already operating under. If you care that badly - you need to make the connection yourself. You need to KNOW. Because this is a real thing we're talking about. It's the real world. Do you live your whole life based on beliefs and assumptions with no foundation?

I'm not crazy - you're wildly paranoid. I grew up in Rushville. I know what a bad home in Rushville looks like. I've been in them, I had friends in what you would probably consider "low places" all throughout school. But I'm in college now and doing rather well, thank you.

Why didn't I go bad? My home was awesome. My parents were good and taught me how to think for myself. And I consider myself to be a better person for having had these experiences. It doesn't matter what THOSE OTHER HOMES looked like.

Grow up. Be real. Equip your kids for the real world. Teach them to think for themselves. Start now. Don't put them in a cage - or when they step out, you bet your ass they'll be clueless and wander into trouble. Just like any animal raised in captivity. You shelter them and they'll have no idea how to handle themselves when actual problems arise.

All that being said - I understand taking precautions with kids younger than twelve. Taking rumors to a rumor mill and asking if they're true or not isn't a precaution - it's just stupid.
Adam

Muncie, IN

#17 Apr 24, 2012
For another approach - try thinking about where Jesus partied and why.
hmmm makes you wonder

Thorntown, IN

#18 Apr 25, 2012
ppl sticking up for her are probably on drugs too sooo.....
Adam

Muncie, IN

#19 Apr 25, 2012
hmmm makes you wonder wrote:
ppl sticking up for her are probably on drugs too sooo.....
Or maybe we're decent Christians who love our fellow man, friend or enemy?

No, that can't be true. You're right, I'm drinking Mountain Dew right now. Caffeine is a helluva drug. I'm so ashamed.
i just don't like you

Willowbrook, IL

#20 Apr 25, 2012
Adam wrote:
No one said anything about smaller children. High schoolers and middle schoolers and even fifth or sixth graders? Yeah - believe it or not - I'm still not worried. But you know, you can ignore the part where I suggested you "GET TO KNOW THE PARENTS YOURSELF" if you want. Then you'd actually KNOW something about them, instead of just making wild guesses like "oh no maybe they have a meth lab!"

I'm sorry. That was rude of me. Let's ignore the fact that it's ridiculous you think a meth lab is a likely possibility. You clearly don't know anything about meth labs. I can forgive you for giving a bad example. Here's the substance:

The rumor mill isn't going to help you. It's just going to give you a bunch of bullshit bad assumptions that conform to the current bullshit bad assumptions you're already operating under. If you care that badly - you need to make the connection yourself. You need to KNOW. Because this is a real thing we're talking about. It's the real world. Do you live your whole life based on beliefs and assumptions with no foundation?

I'm not crazy - you're wildly paranoid. I grew up in Rushville. I know what a bad home in Rushville looks like. I've been in them, I had friends in what you would probably consider "low places" all throughout school. But I'm in college now and doing rather well, thank you.

Why didn't I go bad? My home was awesome. My parents were good and taught me how to think for myself. And I consider myself to be a better person for having had these experiences. It doesn't matter what THOSE OTHER HOMES looked like.

Grow up. Be real. Equip your kids for the real world. Teach them to think for themselves. Start now. Don't put them in a cage - or when they step out, you bet your ass they'll be clueless and wander into trouble. Just like any animal raised in captivity. You shelter them and they'll have no idea how to handle themselves when actual problems arise.

All that being said - I understand taking precautions with kids younger than twelve. Taking rumors to a rumor mill and asking if they're true or not isn't a precaution - it's just stupid.
I can agree with you on the teenagers. I have raised 2 daughters in college and still 2 more kids at home. But I believe since Amanda's children are young then the original posters child is too. And more than a few households have have had meth busts with small children present in the house. I too grew up in Rushville and I know it has changed a lot since then. I am in my mid thirties. I had friends as well that weren't from the best environment too but most of them preferred staying at my house. I also agree it is best to get to know your child's friends and their parents. So we do agree on some things but it is best to err on the side of caution when it comes to the younger kids on the iffy homes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rushville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 20 hr Liar in chief 101
Private property Sun Bwanana Don 4
Native American history in Greensburg (Jun '13) Jan 3 ufo 34
Hope everyone has a good holiday Dec 25 scrooge 2
anyplace in town that takes free stuff to GIVE ... (Oct '13) Nov '17 JayJay 8
I am looking for pictures of old nickle nook re... (Apr '11) Nov '17 Hoosier Hillbilly 12
News 18 arrested on drug charges (Nov '09) Nov '17 Finnigan9 103

Rushville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rushville Mortgages