Rush Memorial Hospital EMS
WOW

Connersville, IN

#24 Jan 27, 2013
dumb assholes12 wrote:
Man must be nice to have the ambulance to run around in. I saw both parked at Mezcal today that doesnt look good for Rush Memorial and this isnt the first time this has been seen in this town.
Dumb A?? comment!
GEE

Connersville, IN

#25 Jan 27, 2013
dumb assholes12 wrote:
I just dont see a reason to have them both out u dont see all the nurses out at one time one should stay at hospital just an opinion.
IGNORANCE on parade!
Join in

Connersville, IN

#26 Jan 27, 2013
smithy wrote:
scenes both ambulances are at lunch together, be it el reparo or mezcal, a serious accident happens on the other end of town, so now it takes 3 or 4 minutes to get into their ambulances. 4 or 5 minutes to get to the accident So 7 to 9 minutes of response time because they want to eat together. And what happens with heavy traffic on SR 3, or a train? Minutes count, except when Brads boys want to eat together.
Still faster than response time from RMH.
Dumb and Dumber in R-ville.
Really

Connersville, IN

#28 Jan 28, 2013
ROFL wrote:
I see Brad has his legions out in force again. Lets see, he won't make Gretchen or Julie do this, they have too much on him. And Ashley is doing the heavy lifting as it were. So I am guessing this is his ambulance corps. As usual, they don't want to lose the cake jobs they have and Brad does not want to lose his honey hole of an ambulance service. That is why he had his boys make up runs. Funny thing is when RPD goes on every run the ambulances do, but yet there are runs RMH has listed that never were dispatched...... How does that happen?
Seems a Hospital Administrator in Iowa went to jail for making up ambulance runs. Seems the hospital was faking ambulance runs and defrauding Medicare. Hopefully Brad is not that dumb. Then again.....
Don't think Brad dispatches ambulances at Rush Memorial or anywhere else. I believe the RPD & Sheriff does that thru 911. lol
Ex-Repub

Connersville, IN

#29 Jan 28, 2013
Seems Republicans won't be happy until RMH goes out of ambulance business. If we have enough firemen to run ambulance service out of fire dept, we must have to many sitting around ding nothing.
Fearing for the public

Peoria, IL

#30 Mar 9, 2013
If the FD takes over the ambulance service. There will be no medic available. And "gravy job"????? LMAO!! Shows the person who calls it that has no idea about EMS whatsover! Rush Co has one of the best ambulance services around with an excellent crew. The public needs to get out there and research this and ask all the questions they can about the FD and ambulance service. Trust me , the public will have very deep regrets and loss of life saving care if the FD takes over the service. Lets keep things the way they are or the people will suffer gravely.....no pun intended. Just understand that it's not about the public safety here...it's all politics and nothing more. The powers that be do not care about what's best for the people of this county. The truth just needs to be known.
RMH Propaganda Campaign

Jasper, IN

#31 Mar 9, 2013
Just like the previous post said. Keep things the way they are. Keep the massive amount taxpayer dollars flowing to RMH. Funny how the RMH service is all that and a bag of chips but uses RFD personel to run that service. I do hope the taxpayer researchs this topic. The practice of using the fire service to provide ambulance service is a growing trend ... its not politics it's called accounting.
Seen It

Franklin, IN

#32 Mar 31, 2013
This is a nobrainer, EMS saves lives, there is so much that goes on behind the scene. Hrs of training, ER nurses and Respiratory therpist that will go on a transfers to enure your loved one has a fighting chance.
People of Rushville you need to wake up, support your EMS.
Anyhing Mike Buckley deals with beware!!!!!
Co Vol

Connersville, IN

#33 Mar 31, 2013
Seen It wrote:
This is a nobrainer, EMS saves lives, there is so much that goes on behind the scene. Hrs of training, ER nurses and Respiratory therpist that will go on a transfers to enure your loved one has a fighting chance.
People of Rushville you need to wake up, support your EMS.
Anyhing Mike Buckley deals with beware!!!!!
Mike Buckley has nothing to do with RMH Ambulances. He does work for the Fire Dept. Fire coverage will be hurt by trying to run the ambulance service out of there. Very bad idea, once again by poor city administration!
Fun Too

United States

#34 Apr 1, 2013
Once again.

It never ends. This admin is clueless. We might as well have Mervyn, and he was really clueless.
Not True

Connersville, IN

#35 Apr 1, 2013
Fun Too wrote:
Once again.
It never ends. This admin is clueless. We might as well have Mervyn, and he was really clueless.
Merv was not nearly as clueless as some want to make him out. Merv was down to earth and you could talk to him without someone trying to belittle you. Merv did not annex the land south of town and he did not start the unecessary 16th street addition. The annexation added to the sewage overflow problems and caused the taxpayers to have to pay for a 2nd water tower. It causes the police, fire and street dept extra work that also cost money. The increase cost of the sewers and water lines also cost the taxpayer with very little return in property tax off those older homes. It is also going to cost to pave those streets that very few people use. He did not try to combine the fire dept and EMS. He did not have an ongoing war with RMH. Now who is the dummy?
Fun Too

United States

#36 Apr 1, 2013
OK, you got me on that. Mervyn wasn't nearly as clueless as the Bridges or the Pavey Admins.
ems all the way

Fishers, IN

#37 Apr 2, 2013
The people working on ems rpd or rfd deserve to go out and eat if they want to they all work 12 to 24 hours shifts if they don't have time to eat till 7 or 8 then the hospital cafe is already closed! Anything less than 10min is a hell of a good response time
John Q

United States

#38 Apr 2, 2013
Fun Too wrote:
OK, you got me on that. Mervyn wasn't nearly as clueless as the Bridges or the Pavey Admins.
Funny, if not so true.
dont buy into their bs

Greenwood, IN

#39 Apr 15, 2013
"If the FD takes over the ambulance service. There will be no medic available"
From what I hear, the FD wants to be ALS. However, in the state of Indiana, to be an ALS provider, you have to have a sponsoring hospital. Since RMH (the hospital admin, not the ambulance crews) is too busy worrying about their gravy money from the county vs. worrying about what's best for the tax payers and the people they serve, they are unwilling to sponser the FD as an ALS service. Not to mention, every single thing I read about ALS vs BLS says that BLS is all that is needed for 80%+ of all calls (and confirmed with numerous Medics and Medical directors from other areas). Not to mention that everyone in the city limits is within a five minute drive of RMH..... And don't start on "but what if the ambulance is on the wrong side of the tracks when a train comes through", because half the city is already on the opposite side of the tracks.....
Fun

Churubusco, IN

#40 Apr 16, 2013
Just build a 2nd hospital or clinic on the other side of the tracks this will solve the prolbem.This way nobody is on the wrong side of the tracks.You can say everybody will be on the right track.
The Outsider

Crown Point, IN

#41 Apr 16, 2013
A Needs Assessment must be performed by the City; where is the hospital-based system falling short? Objectively stated so all the stakeholders get the right facts. If RMH is unable to meet the needs of the city, that should serve as a springboard for improvements, whether it means an additional ambulance for the city, or a new system (FD).

All the rhetoric and emotion gets no one anywhere. Settle down, let the crews eat where and when they can (response times really do not matter--5 min vs 10 vs 15, most of the time), and let the real issues be brought to the table.
dont buy into their bs

Greenwood, IN

#42 Apr 17, 2013
Outsider-
The issue isn't necessarily with the quality of service, it's the cost. Not only does RMH charge for ALS services for nearly every call, even when most don't require it... They also cost the county over $600K a year in support. Additionally, due to property tax caps and reduced property values, the city lost a sizable chunk of it's income. I don't recall the exact amount, but I recall it being somewhere in the 30% range. The city is trying to come up with ways to fund their budget. One thing, considering it's one of the two largest line items of the budget, is finding ways to reduce cost or increase revenue of the FD. The city claims they will make money on an ambulance covering the city only, even without county support. Additionally, they claim they can take care of all of RMH's territory for well under half the cost and still have more money to fund the FD. I've also heard the county commissioners will not have enough money next year to support RMH at the current levels. It seems pretty obvious that the county needs lower costs and the city needs more revenue. According to a study, conducted by a financial company, RFD taking over the ambulance will help in both aspects.
Jilly

Rushville, IN

#43 Apr 19, 2013
Hmmmmmm. I dont know why there are complaints here. The response time is excellent....if we were in a slightly larger town, a person would have to wait much longer. They leave the SECOND they are called out. They do a fantastic job. People are only complaining because they are either jealous for some reason, or because they support Mayor McCheese's suggestion of consolidating the fire department and making it an ambulatory service in addition to fire department.
Fun too

United States

#44 Apr 19, 2013
Don't forget about the Hamburgler McCane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rushville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Warren Stephen 7 hr Dirty Dancer 1
Young girls on the pill 13 hr Pig Farmer 7
Dollar General Sat Curious 1
internet Apr 25 RVgrandma 1
chris schoenfelds kids Apr 25 curious 1
News Face of Trump's Indiana campaign belongs to an ... (Sep '16) Apr 23 AL B 12
Rushville Truth continues to delete posts (Nov '09) Apr 23 AL B 5

Rushville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rushville Mortgages