Rush Memorial Hospital EMS

Posted in the Rushville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Your name fits

Fort Wayne, IN

#2 Jan 25, 2013
Believe they are entitled to eat....oh but maybe they should leave in their personal cars to have lunch and add extra time to go back to get the ambulance that would make a lot of sense when minutes count
eyes are rolling

Connersville, IN

#3 Jan 25, 2013
i agree, they shouldn't be allowed to eat.
dumb assholes12

Winnebago, IL

#4 Jan 25, 2013
I dont see a reason to have them both out at the same time when the hospital complains bout not having money to do stuff then they are putting this gas in both ambulances just to take them both out maybe they could take different lunches so both aren't out and i never said they wasnt entitled to eat.
dumb assholes12

Winnebago, IL

#7 Jan 25, 2013
I just dont see a reason to have them both out u dont see all the nurses out at one time one should stay at hospital just an opinion.
Get a life

Salem, IN

#8 Jan 25, 2013
Just because they are both eating together doesn't mean they are unavailable. How many times have I seen multiple ISP or other police cars at an eating establishment if they get a call they pay and leave that is the way emergency services work. Maybe you should know a little about this world before you comment.
Actually

Kokomo, IN

#9 Jan 25, 2013
I have seen both ambulances at Mezcal as well; however; when they get a call, they jump right up and go and do what they are supposed to do. At least they aren't parked at their houses or their girlfriends/boyfriends. They are eating lunch/dinner. Furthermore, the waiters are very quick getting their food to them, and they eat quickly and are gone within 30-45minutes of arriving. That's a quicker lunch break than most factory workers...
smithy

Fond Du Lac, WI

#10 Jan 26, 2013
scenes both ambulances are at lunch together, be it el reparo or mezcal, a serious accident happens on the other end of town, so now it takes 3 or 4 minutes to get into their ambulances. 4 or 5 minutes to get to the accident So 7 to 9 minutes of response time because they want to eat together. And what happens with heavy traffic on SR 3, or a train? Minutes count, except when Brads boys want to eat together.

Still faster than response time from RMH.
eyes are rolling

Shelbyville, IN

#11 Jan 26, 2013
Hey smithy, what happens if theres an accident right in front of mezcal? then both ambulances are already there. your logic can be used both ways. the what if game will never win.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#12 Jan 26, 2013
smithy wrote:
scenes both ambulances are at lunch together, be it el reparo or mezcal, a serious accident happens on the other end of town, so now it takes 3 or 4 minutes to get into their ambulances. 4 or 5 minutes to get to the accident So 7 to 9 minutes of response time because they want to eat together. And what happens with heavy traffic on SR 3, or a train? Minutes count, except when Brads boys want to eat together.

Still faster than response time from RMH.
7-9 min is an excellent response time!
Get a life

Salem, IN

#13 Jan 26, 2013
There would be little difference between their response time weather they would be at mezcal or the hospital they would still have to walk to their ambulance and face traffic (most often people won't yield for lights & sirens anyway) rfd's plan isn't any better they would still be at one end of town and something may happen at another.(Personally I think it's an attempt to save their jobs)

It all boils down to the fact every 5 years someone doesn't get their way or thinks they can run an ambulance co better than the current person and look where that has gotten us with companies that back out of their contract
Mike

United States

#14 Jan 26, 2013
U work a job that takes u away from your family on Christmas and birthdays and see if u complain about eating out and they sleep on the third floor at the hospital that takes time to get to their truck and even if they both eat at the hospital they are still both north of the rr tracks dummy's
smithy

Lake Zurich, IL

#15 Jan 26, 2013
Since RFD responds faster to runs that are only 3 blocks from the hospital, there is no question RFD will provide better service.....the fact that they will man it with firefighters already on the clock means it will be more efficient.
eyes are rolling

Shelbyville, IN

#16 Jan 26, 2013
Are those firefighters paramedics, or emts?
Moe

Oakland City, IN

#17 Jan 27, 2013
Why don't they eat at the hopital?
smithy

Elmwood Park, IL

#18 Jan 27, 2013
Those firefighters will put you in an ambulancambulance and get you to RMH quickly instead of playing emergency running up your bill trying to be financially viable while precious seconds tick away. With the quicker response time, you will be under St V's doctors care where you would still have RMH medics looking for a vein to push the second and third drug.
Dummy

Connersville, IN

#19 Jan 27, 2013
Yeah, that makes sense. Let's go back 50 years in emergency medicine. That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.^^^^^^. So what if they go out to eat. They are away from their families 24 hours out of the day and saving lives for a living. Find something else to bitch about or actually get a clue on how EMS works in this century!!!
rofl

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#20 Jan 27, 2013
Dummy is well named. Getting someone to the hospital as quickly as possible is worse than having a doctor wannabe performing as many procedures as possible on your kitchen floor so they can jack up your bill? If modern medicine to you is all fee based and not what is best for the patient, then give me the old fashioned medicine.

Don't have a problem with folks eating out, have a problem that they can't seem to take meals without taking both ambulances out of service. Guessing the hospital does not let all the doctors go to lunch at the same time. I don't see both fire trucks at lunch together. Even Brad does not have sex with all the nurses at the same time.

You can moan all you what, but everyone realizes that the ambulance folks are just trying to save their gravy train jobs. RFD can do the job, better, more efficiently and at a lower rate than RMH. Its a slam dunk. The only question is will the Commissioners also do what is best for the taxpayers and users of the ambulance. Wait till the farmers get their increased tax bills this year. They will be screaming at the Commissioners to cut their rates.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#21 Jan 27, 2013
I don't see anything wrong with them going to lunch. They are still available. Even if they had lunch at the hospital it's no different, still eating together in the same building and available. Not really sure that was thought out very well by the person who started this thread.
Dummy

Connersville, IN

#22 Jan 27, 2013
They are NOT out of service number 1 and number 2, drive yourself to the hospital if your more concerned about getting to the hospital quicker rather than a Paramedic saving your ass with life saving medications and procedures that the ER's do as well. Get a clue!
rofl

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#23 Jan 27, 2013
Good point Dummy, driving yourself to the hospital would be quicker than calling an ambulance in this town. Of course it shouldn't be. Considering when my neighbor called 911 for a possible heart attack at 10th and Morgan. RPD was there in minutes, RFD was there in 3 minutes, and RMH Ambulance showed up 9 minutes after the call. That is still better than the chase vehicle which show up 15 minutes later. That is service. It would have been faster if her neighbor drove her to the hospital.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rushville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
drug dealer wallace (Jul '13) 3 hr what a joke 21
house arrest 5 hr please 11
Dog groomer 5 hr bologna 10
cheaters Sun arlington 1
cheater Sun arlington 1
sheriff's department is an outrage! May 29 rusty 57
Drugs at school May 29 Kris 42
More from around the web

Rushville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE