Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Call it what you want I am white and live in a sec 8 apt not for long though as it is full of white and black loosers who fight party do drugs and throw trash out their windows and doors even though we have a dumpster cops r here almost daily due to someones drama beating up neighbors or partners Dcfs for children being abused and neglected with no change kids still with their parents and no one EVER goes to jail
Cheese

Glen Carbon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

There was a zombie hoard recently near The Cheesekeeper. I love that place I wish they would move to a safer location.
WrinkledWhiteHoo ds

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

You bigots are worse than "zombies". For real. Your ignorance of the housing situation and people is amazing. Bet you go to church too and call yourself christian. Jesus wept. I imagine your attitudes get you what you deserve when dealing with other human beings. Don't breed your children to be as ignorant as you are. That is child abuse when they have to live in a world made up of all kinds of people.
Millstadt69

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

WrinkledWhiteHoods wrote:
You bigots are worse than "zombies". For real. Your ignorance of the housing situation and people is amazing. Bet you go to church too and call yourself christian. Jesus wept. I imagine your attitudes get you what you deserve when dealing with other human beings. Don't breed your children to be as ignorant as you are. That is child abuse when they have to live in a world made up of all kinds of people.
Does your title indicate that you belong to the KKK?
More cheese

Mascoutah, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Cheese wrote:
There was a zombie hoard recently near The Cheesekeeper. I love that place I wish they would move to a safer location.
Were they right outside of the door? How many were there?

That is scary.
HOW

Mascoutah, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

How can we stop this invasion?
Not a jjack

O Fallon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

HOW wrote:
How can we stop this invasion?
Get rid of section 8, stop allowing landlords a free ride for renting to trash and criminals, and get rid of Eckert so the police can do their job.
mike

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Beware of the zombies that walk in the middle of the road between Walmart and SWIC. It IS getting worse every year. For example, I used to buy metrolink tickets at the ticket machine. I stopped doing that after getting hit up for money by zombies on multiple occasions. Some real creepy lurking types but hey I'm a sitting duck with cash in sight. Now I order tickets online and have them mailed to my house. This is the "zombie factor." You have to plan around them.
Freedom Drive

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Come live over here.
Youngblonde

Mascoutah, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Freedom Drive wrote:
Come live over here.
I started a post because I saw a sign on Freedom Drive advertising a $49 move-in special. But thanks to some good advice I was given, I decided not to move in.

It must be a terrible place to live. Are you going to move away from there?
Millstadt69

Emporia, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Youngblonde wrote:
<quoted text>I started a post because I saw a sign on Freedom Drive advertising a $49 move-in special. But thanks to some good advice I was given, I decided not to move in.

It must be a terrible place to live. Are you going to move away from there?
$49.00 move in special? If that can attract anyone it must be a real sheet hole. Probably a big step up from East St Louis.
Teach

Mascoutah, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

What are zombies?
F111-WSO

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

It sounds like they are referring to East St. Louis refugees.
whoop de whoop

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Just drive through lovely Freedom Drive, or 17 st near Jamestown and you will see them. Especially now that its link card bbq season.
bellevilles demise

O Fallon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Belleville has turned into a trashy place to live because yall rent to criminals. Section 8 has destroyed the city. I wouldn't want to live there. I graduated from Belleville East in 1990,lived in LincolnShire. We moved to a better/different neighborhood in 1995. The reason people are moving out is because the city has declined and my family is black. I don't want to live by trash, it could be white, black, latino, or Chinese trash is trash
whoop de whoop

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

That is truth. It's not a race thing at all, its a section 8 trash problem. So I guess that makes me a blatant racist. I hate trash of every color, size, shape and religion. It's a shame they let bvegas turn into what it is. And its all the mayors fault for letting these slum lords do it.
Just one man

Virginia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Listen Fucktard as WORKING TAXPAYERS we have the GD right to bitch on this forrum all that we want cause we actually Pay for our internet Im not trying to hide my hate I work 60 hours a week in a shitty warehouse to support my family I have written my congressmen and Reps.If these people cant work then make them stand in a room for ten hours a day starring at a GD wall Im on my feet for ten hours a day they can be too,If they have five or six screaming kids let them stand with them,then see how fast the get jobs!
xBellevillian

Loves Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Funny, I tripped upon this while looking for something else. It struck a chord, though.

I grew up in Belleville. School, them work, took me elsewhere. Work and family bring me back pretty often. I usually grab a meal, maybe a drink while I'm there. I recently had a great time at a new restaurant on West Main.

Frequently, I get to thinking, maybe I should move back and buy one of those beautiful old brick homes. Then I read this and I'm reminded why I shouldn't. I've just grown too old and impatient to handle all that ignorance, negativity, and racism.

P.S. I'm thinking you meant to say "horde."
Crime

Mascoutah, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

xBellevillian wrote:
Funny, I tripped upon this while looking for something else. It struck a chord, though.
I grew up in Belleville. School, them work, took me elsewhere. Work and family bring me back pretty often. I usually grab a meal, maybe a drink while I'm there. I recently had a great time at a new restaurant on West Main.
Frequently, I get to thinking, maybe I should move back and buy one of those beautiful old brick homes. Then I read this and I'm reminded why I shouldn't. I've just grown too old and impatient to handle all that ignorance, negativity, and racism.
P.S. I'm thinking you meant to say "horde."
You forgot to mention CRIME, the main reason people are leaving Belleville, and others choosing not to move here. Was that a factor when you decided not to buy one of those homes in Belleville?
xBellevillian

Barnhart, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Not really. I moved from another town where some people had the same kind of attitude: it's not safe to go downtown at night, the only safe place to live is in small surrounding towns, etc.

My concerns were lengths of commutes to places I have to go, finding a nice old house I could afford, and decent schools. O'Fallon, BTW, has some of the best schools in Illinois outside the Chicago area, but I didn't care for the houses, and it was out of my way. I like Edwardsville for amenities, diversity, and, seemingly a more enlightened attitude, but it was far off the beaten path for me.

I've worked in some truly crime ridden areas, including East St. Louis, and what was, at the time, the highest per-capita murder rate neighborhood in St. Louis. what I found is, that if you aren't involved in the local drug/crime trade, and you treat people decently, your chances of being a random victim are pretty remote. Like I said, I go to Belleville fairly often, and have family there. It just seems the crime problem, although it certainly exists is overblown and there is a lot of hyperbole over Belleville "becoming the next East St. Louis".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rushville Discussions

Search the Rushville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
katie roscgilione 5 hr just saying 8
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr skwirts 3,835
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 hr Terry rigsby 48,944
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Sun newpoly 1,864
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Sun Chicagobunny 527
Arndt's Softball Classic (Aug '10) Sat Wally 41
Illegal Aliens Being Housed At Scott Air Force ... Sat 76254RRR 2
•••
•••
•••
Rushville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rushville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000