CenturyTel is now CenturyLink, Same s...

CenturyTel is now CenturyLink, Same service & faces in Rushmore, MN

Posted in the Rushmore Forum

CenturyLink

Deltona, FL

#1 Feb 12, 2010
When visiting Rushmore, it’s not hard to spot the CenturyTel (now CenturyLink) office on 107 North Thompson Ave. The sign has yet to be changed, but the operations and the service you receive from Technician Chad Loosbrock certainly won’t. Contrary to what’s been said lately, CenturyLink has not sold its operations to another provider, nor does it have any plans to.

“We’ve been providing communications service to the folks of Rushmore since 1997,” said CenturyLink Area Operations Manager – Minnesota Mark Tupper,“when we purchased the territory from Qwest. We enjoy the area and the people.”

While the company has grown some, CenturyTel merged with EMBARQ late last summer; it is still very loyal to its rural areas and customers. Tupper has spent the majority of his telecommunications career working in rural Minnesota, most recently out of the company’s Fulda office.

An even more familiar face to local residents would be Loosbrock. Chad has been covering the Rushmore and Brewster territories for ten years now.“I enjoy working in a small town environment,” Chad said.“It’s nice to know names and faces of my customers.” And they trust and rely on Chad, too, who has been called “my go to phone and Internet guy; very helpful, knowledgeable and dependable in all that he does.”

While the sign will be changed in the next few months, there’s no need to worry about anything else changing. If you didn’t know before, you now know who to call.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rushmore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rude recptionist May '16 Anonymous 1
News Friendship comes at a price for the new Seward ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Phineas 6
News Exhibit celebrates Tuskegee airmen (Jul '14) Jul '14 Richies Cool Man ... 2
Worthington community meetings (Mar '14) Mar '14 AndySeales 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 DutchQ 11
Election Who do you support for State House in Minnesota... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Nathan 2
News Literary events for June 6-13 (Jun '10) Jun '10 Patti Jirovec 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rushmore Mortgages