Activists scale Mount Rushmore, unfur...

Activists scale Mount Rushmore, unfurl global warming banner

There are 31 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 8, 2009, titled Activists scale Mount Rushmore, unfurl global warming banner. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Environmentalists using park service rock anchors scaled Mount Rushmore on Wednesday and unfurled a banner along President Abraham Lincoln's face challenging America's leaders to stop global warming.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shem

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jul 8, 2009
Terrorists. Prosecute them to the full extent of the law for desecrating a national monument.

Greenpeace = terror
Arrogant American

Superior, WI

#2 Jul 8, 2009
Somebody should tell these morons that the earth is not warming.
Nota Sheep

Walnut Creek, CA

#3 Jul 8, 2009
Idiots. Should have been shot on sight. I wonder how much CO2 they needlessly put into the atmosphere traveling there and then scaling the monument?
Place yer bets

Faribault, MN

#4 Jul 8, 2009
Regardless of which side you're on; at some point, you have to admit that there is a segment of the "global warming" camp that behave like blind-faithful, religious zealots.
Whiner

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jul 8, 2009
We really need to get tough on this time of crime...I mean this is a National Monument. I'd recommend life in prison as I think all you pansy's out there wouldn't go for the death penalty. Global Warming??? What a crock!!! And if it's real it's just going to make things much more interesting around the globe. Save the planet? We don't even know how to take care of ourselves; we haven't learned how to care for one another. We're gonna save the freekin' planet?... And, by the way, there's nothing wrong with the planet in the first place. The planet is fine. The people are f**ked! Compared with the people, the planet is doin' great. It's been here over four billion years ... The planet isn't goin' anywhere, folks. We are! We're goin' away.
Chebama

Saint Joseph, MN

#6 Jul 8, 2009
Ah, more reasoned logic from the left.
Tybalt

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jul 9, 2009
these people should all be shot. i'd be happy to do it. obama will probably give them medals.

Since: Jul 08

Brooklyn Park

#8 Jul 9, 2009
I am quite sure that Greenpeace did less damage than the average tourist does during their stay at Mount Rushmore. Just because climate change doesn't concern the selfish occupants of our planet, who are only concerned about the few years that directly affect them, conserving resources and preventing destruction are legitimate efforts. I too cringed when I first heard the story, but have since calmed down.
The

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jul 9, 2009
Labratt wrote:
I am quite sure that Greenpeace did less damage than the average tourist does during their stay at Mount Rushmore. Just because climate change doesn't concern the selfish occupants of our planet, who are only concerned about the few years that directly affect them, conserving resources and preventing destruction are legitimate efforts. I too cringed when I first heard the story, but have since calmed down.
Your name fits you to a tee. You and all the rest of the Dummycraps are nothing but Lemmings following the current occupant of the White House (aka the pied piper) over the cliff. Unfortunately you are trying to take the rest of us with you.
Bob the Bilderberg

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Jul 9, 2009
Whiner wrote:
We really need to get tough on this time of crime...I mean this is a National Monument. I'd recommend life in prison as I think all you pansy's out there wouldn't go for the death penalty. Global Warming??? What a crock!!! And if it's real it's just going to make things much more interesting around the globe. Save the planet? We don't even know how to take care of ourselves; we haven't learned how to care for one another. We're gonna save the freekin' planet?... And, by the way, there's nothing wrong with the planet in the first place. The planet is fine. The people are f**ked! Compared with the people, the planet is doin' great. It's been here over four billion years ... The planet isn't goin' anywhere, folks. We are! We're goin' away.
Thank you George Carlin (who was booed, by the way, by the NYC audience when he launched this rant).
Bob the Bilderberg

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jul 9, 2009
Duh

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jul 9, 2009
The wrote:
<quoted text>
Your name fits you to a tee. You and all the rest of the Dummycraps are nothing but Lemmings following the current occupant of the White House (aka the pied piper) over the cliff. Unfortunately you are trying to take the rest of us with you.
Is it coincidence that your name rhymes with "DUH"?
Tybalt

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jul 9, 2009
Labratt wrote:
we're selfish are we? why don't you do the un-selfish thing and croak yourself? you'd be happier don't you think?
John T

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Jul 9, 2009
Stop global warming? As if anything will get better immediately if every factory, power plant, and automobile in the whole world shut down.

I can support the environmentalists when they fight air pollution for the sake of our health, e.g. lowering VOCs, diesel particulates, ground water contamination, etc.

But this global warming objective is too broad and has no real, obtainable goals that I've ever seen. It's little more than a battle cry against progression of technology and standards of living.
Bob the Bilderberg

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jul 9, 2009
Tybalt wrote:
<quoted text>
we're selfish are we? why don't you do the un-selfish thing and croak yourself? you'd be happier don't you think?
Yeah, they'd be less CO2 from his breathing so croaking himself would be good for the planet!

Maybe if all people who think there's too much CO2 in the atmosphere just held their breath for say, 30 minutes, the problem would be solved!
Hello

Tekamah, NE

#16 Jul 9, 2009
More barf why didnt they use MJ his concerts caused global warming.

Since: Aug 08

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jul 9, 2009
Labratt wrote:
Right, because all tourists climb the mountain and deface it daily.

Brooklyn Park

#18 Jul 9, 2009
Tybalt wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one blowing hot air all the time. Greenpeace is going to take teir place as the good guys in all this, and you fools will look pretty stupid, I mean more stupid than you look now.

Brooklyn Park

#19 Jul 9, 2009
joetraveller wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, because all tourists climb the mountain and deface it daily.
Why would you put words in my mouth, are you defensive? Nowhere did I say tourists deface mountains. Try actually reading posts, and using your head once.

Brooklyn Park

#20 Jul 9, 2009
Bob the Bilderberg wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they'd be less CO2 from his breathing so croaking himself would be good for the planet!
Maybe if all people who think there's too much CO2 in the atmosphere just held their breath for say, 30 minutes, the problem would be solved!
After reading your posts, I really do feel like holding my breath!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rushmore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 DutchQ 11
Election Who do you support for State House in Minnesota... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Nathan 2
News Literary events for June 6-13 (Jun '10) Jun '10 Patti Jirovec 1
CenturyTel is now CenturyLink, Same service & f... (Feb '10) Feb '10 CenturyLink 1
News Mount Rushmore climbers sentenced (Jan '10) Jan '10 Carbon Bigfoot 15
News Activists, including Minnesotan, sentenced for ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Labratt 17
News Environmentalists from Minnesota, seven other s... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Labratt 24

Rushmore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rushmore Mortgages