Court appearance in Australian baseba...

Court appearance in Australian baseballer Chris Lane's shooting death delayed

There are 34 comments on the The Age story from Aug 19, 2013, titled Court appearance in Australian baseballer Chris Lane's shooting death delayed. In it, The Age reports that:

Duncan, Oklahoma: The arraignment for the three boys arrested for the drive-by murder of Australian baseballer Chris Lane in Oklahoma has been delayed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Age.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Loggerblogger

Kingman, AZ

#1 Aug 19, 2013
Why would these youths do something like this. Was the young man bullying the youths? Even if he were why in the world would three youths want to kill him?
Intrusivefever

Northcote, Australia

#2 Aug 19, 2013
To Loggerblogger.....bored teenagers with a gun is a lethal combination. Yeah even if Chris WAS bullying these losers of course the appropriate action would be to kill him wouldn't it? The U.S. So many guns, so little sense.

Proudly Melbourne Australia
Louis

Portland, OR

#3 Aug 19, 2013
Don't blame "the US" as a whole for Oklahoma's problems. Oklahoma is a violent third-world craphole, like Detroit. It's not as though more civilized states such as Texas are murdering Australian students - that's just Oklahoma. Put the blame where it belongs - on the rotten, foul people of the odious state of Oklahoma.

This is an Oklahoma-specific problem - not an "American" one.
Loggerblogger

Kingman, AZ

#4 Aug 19, 2013
Intrusivefever wrote:
To Loggerblogger.....bored teenagers with a gun is a lethal combination. Yeah even if Chris WAS bullying these losers of course the appropriate action would be to kill him wouldn't it? The U.S. So many guns, so little sense.
Proudly Melbourne Australia
Guns are not the problem in the right hands, I do not think Okla. is uncivilized, just some of the youths, not raised properly.
Intrusivefever

Northcote, Australia

#5 Aug 19, 2013
Louis wrote:
Don't blame "the US" as a whole for Oklahoma's problems. Oklahoma is a violent third-world craphole, like Detroit. It's not as though more civilized states such as Texas are murdering Australian students - that's just Oklahoma. Put the blame where it belongs - on the rotten, foul people of the odious state of Oklahoma.
This is an Oklahoma-specific problem - not an "American" one.
And where would the State of Oklahoma be? You've got problems with guns all over the country, or have you been on another planet for the last 50 years? Fool.
mrskrip

Crete, IL

#7 Aug 19, 2013
Was this crime committed by three black youths ?
Was wondering because they normally only mention race when it's white on black ( Martin / Zimmerman for example.
Louis

Portland, OR

#8 Aug 19, 2013
Where would the state of Oklahoma be? Nowhere I'd ever want to live again - that's for sure.

The US is a federal system, with vast differences between states. I can no more take responsibility as an American for the affairs of Oklahoma than I would for those of Haiti or Somalia.

This is something outsiders often don't understand. There is no "America" - just the 50 states, DC, and the five territories. And Indian reservations, which can be their own little worlds. That's all.
Melbourne Man

Australia

#9 Aug 19, 2013
Disgraceful, what the hell are kids doing with guns?? Archaic U.S gun laws are to blame, this isn't the wild west anymore.
annie

United States

#10 Aug 19, 2013
Melbourne Man wrote:
Disgraceful, what the hell are kids doing with guns?? Archaic U.S gun laws are to blame, this isn't the wild west anymore.
i live in duncan oklahoma the shooting is down the road for our appartment. I am from sydney australia its sad what happen to our aussie man those 3boys r going to get punish they was saying they could get death row R.I.P CHRIS LANE

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#11 Aug 19, 2013
Melbourne Man wrote:
LOL, are you saying the kids should have just ran the jogger over with their car?
The Honest Truth

New York, NY

#12 Aug 19, 2013
Gun violence is not really an "American" problem it is an "ANIMAL AMERICAN" problem as was indeed the case in this hideous murder. The perpetrators were the usual thick-lipped monkey-faced subhuman savages responsible for over 50% of murders in the U.S. while only making up 12% of its population.

It would seem that the only effective solution is to BRING BACK LYNCHING - that seems to be the only deterrent these so-called "people" understand!
Mica Hunt

Corn, OK

#13 Aug 19, 2013
Parents of the juveniles should be charged as well. The guns were not purchased by teens.

Their parents are likely not strangers to the system. Government entitlements likely received by all. IPhones while on Medicaid! Watch it unfold. The story will sicken you as it is released. The parents will accept no accountability. Show up in court with freshly done nails, new cars, I Phone, and designer clothes but all will need public defender.

The murderous teens will get more press than the gentleman who lost his life. They are proud of themselves.

Zip it with the racial card. Bad apples, not a race matter.
I H8 blacks

United States

#14 Aug 19, 2013
Blacks are to blame. Simple as that. Fatherless sons of monkeys with guns and no respect for life are to blame. These animals grew up without fathers and discipline and thus, we see the result. Death and destruction. If we have any hope of survival, we will terminate these threats to our very existance. With extereme prejudice. I am surpassing political correctness. Many law abiding gun owners obey the laws and live peacefully. This scum that gets a gun from uncle monkey and decides to shoot a white man for no reason should be lynched.
Hate Crime

United States

#15 Aug 20, 2013
If the kid who was shot was black and the shooters were white...the NAACP would be setting up camp ...screaming hate crime...where are the hate crime screamers now! If this is not a hate crime ...I don't know what is...shame on everyone who doesn't call it like it is...prayers for the family of the murdered boy...
So Cal Kid

Temecula, CA

#16 Aug 20, 2013
"i feel a hell of a lot safer in Australia mainly because drugs and guns are saturated in America because they lost control a long time ago."

The irony about your statement regarding "gun saturation" in America is the fact that Australia went too far in the other direction with overly restrictive gun laws. I read that shotguns and assault weapons were confiscated, and hand guns now have to be locked up with the ammo stored securely n a separate location. Not surprisingly, home invasion robberies have escalated since then given the fact that robbers know homeowners can't get to their guns and ammo quick enough to defend themselves. Despite Australia's attempt to make gun ownership difficult, criminals have no problem getting guns to commit crimes, while law abiding citizens are left defenseless given the fact that most robberies can be carried out before police arrive.

Is it ironic that states with concealed carry permits see a drastic reduction in armed robberies?

I agree that the law and justice system in America is a joke. The legal profession has corrupted the system so that they can get more work and billable hours to represent criminals and attempt to "plea out" of everything from petty to serious crimes.

It's not the severity of the punishment that deters criminals so much as the certainty of punishment. If potential criminals know that they can get off, plea out, or get an early release from their sentence, they are more likely to commit crimes.

Based on what I've read, the defendants in this shooting are minorities, which doesn't surprise me since MSN & MSNBC didn't bother disclosing the ethnicity of the shooters involved in this murder. Had the shooters been white and the victim black, the race baiters (Jackson & Sharpton) would be all over the news. Blacks would be all over Twitter (like they were during Zimmerman trial) threatening murder & mayhem if the shooters weren't convicted.

The "kids" should be tried as adults and get life in prison with a minimum of 20 years served before the possibility of parole can be considered.
Bill Wise

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Aug 20, 2013
An Australian newspaper printed photos of all three murderers. They are all black. American news media won't do that. If the victim were black, it would be front page news all over the United States.
An example of more msm PC.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#18 Aug 20, 2013
mrskrip wrote:
Was wondering because they normally only mention race when it's white on black ( Martin / Zimmerman for example.
This is disgusting, the news goes out of its way to create a race issue when they tagged Zimmerman as a white hispanic so they could fan the race batting flames. Yet when 3 black kids hunt down a white and kill him they avoid mentioning that they were black.

http://www.news.com.au/national-news/victoria...

They must think it is justice for trayvon.
Loggerblogger

Kingman, AZ

#19 Aug 20, 2013
mrskrip wrote:
you are spot on, the youths involved are not white. Hate crime??
Loggerblogger

Kingman, AZ

#20 Aug 20, 2013
Melbourne Man wrote:
No, not the Wild West, but they can get guns anytime, smuggled in or otherwise. The honest citizens need to protect their family, home etc.Also will mention in Las Vega three young people were murdered and guns were not the weapon of choice. When people intend to murder they will use anything.
Loggerblogger

Kingman, AZ

#21 Aug 20, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, are you saying the kids should have just ran the jogger over with their car?
their intent was to kill, and if they didnt have a gun, they would have ran over him. Savages.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rush Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Eduardo's Sat disappointed 1
God bless our police officers May 29 Anon 2
Martial Law in Duncan May 29 Anon 2
News Chickasha Murder Victim's Boyfriend Signs Extra... (Sep '14) May 26 Jamajelli 5
Is Allen Richards a QUEER ? May 26 Jamajelli 20
News If Redskins change name, should Oklahoma change... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Anonymous 1
News City Council discusses electric needs, improvem... (Nov '13) Dec '13 Really 2
More from around the web

Rush Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]