Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,414

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#87086 Sep 13, 2012
right wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either a liar or extermely ignorant. Why don't you look up the statistics as to how many gays were either sexualy abused, had too early exposure to pornography or lesbians that came out of abusive relationships with men.
Homosexuality is a sexual confusion that is so intimately linked to sexual trama that I honestly can't believe that anyone would say otherwise. You're so completely driven bt agenda that you would deny that which is basic knowledge. If you want the truth do your own research. But I doubt that you are interested in truth. Your adgenda is to completely normalize homosexuality with gay marriage and then attack the age of consent with all of the same language.
Great post!
I've been on here 2 years, and have found that
(1) They don't care...
(2) They go with whatever is Politically correct...
(3) They've had a lobotomy!
Romans 1 says it all!
God Bless!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#87087 Sep 13, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Imagine yer shame when you stand before God...
LOL! Imagine your surprise when you don't!

(Just kidding, you won't notice because you'll be dead. When that organ that makes you who are are ..your brain... ceases to function, you will not notice anything.)
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#87088 Sep 13, 2012
right wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either knowingly or unknowingly on the side of child abuse by supporting / promoting homosexuality.
The following books, with page numbers, refer to the fact that many many homosexuals were sexually abused when young:
Teen Prostitution by Joan J. Johnson (NY & Chicago: Franklin Watts Publishers, 1992), p. 53.
Female Perversions by Dr. Louise J. Kaplan (NY: Doubleday, 1991), p. 437.
Invisible Lives by Martha Barron Barrett (NY: William Morrow & Co., 1989), p. 140.
Incest and Sexuality by therapists Wendy Maltz and Beverly Holman (Lexington, MA: Lexington Books, 1987), p. 72.
The Secret Trauma by Prof. Diane E.H. Russell (NY: Basic Books, Inc., 1986), p. 199.
The Broken Taboo: Sex in the Family by B. and R. Justice (quoted in the book Incest: a family pattern by Jean Renvoize [London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1982], p. 127).
The following books refer to the fact that many young victims of sexual abuse later experience confusion over their sexual identities:
The Consumer's Guide to Psychotherapy by Drs. Jack Engler and Daniel Goleman (NY: Simon & Schuster/Fireside, 1992), p. 414.
Desires in Conflict by Joe Dallas (Eugene, OR: Harvest House Publishers, 1991), p. 187.
Betrayal of Innocence by Dr. Susan Forward and Craig Buck (NY: Penguin Books, 1988), p. 96.
See also the magazine article "Does Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, or Neglect in Childhood Increase the Likelihood of Same-sex Sexual Relationships and Cohabitation? A Prospective 30-year Follow-up" by Helen Wilson and Cathy Widom in Archives of Sexual Behavior (January 7, 2009).
Another great post!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#87089 Sep 13, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Imagine your surprise when you don't!
(Just kidding, you won't notice because you'll be dead. When that organ that makes you who are are ..your brain... ceases to function, you will not notice anything.)
Hahaha...
Whatever you want to believe, but I do pray that you have a few good years left in you, as
Your knee will bow, and your tongue will confess...
Jesus Christ is Lord!
You forget... I've been through the out of body, and
witnessed the Supernatural, and cast out demons!
God is real :-)
Serious

United States

#87090 Sep 13, 2012
That is foolish

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#87091 Sep 13, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahaha...
Whatever you want to believe, but I do pray that you have a few good years left in you, as
Your knee will bow, and your tongue will confess...
Jesus Christ is Lord!
You forget... I've been through the out of body, and
witnessed the Supernatural, and cast out demons!
God is real :-)
Whatever YOU want to believe.
I forget? LOL! No, you "remember" a fantasy.

You are delusional.
You prove it with every post.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#87092 Sep 13, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
It's always funny... you don't like a study, or what discovery says, or anyone that might just have some wisdom in the field of what he speaks... That's ok, as I was (kinda) like you...
Here's a test for ya...
Pop a headlight bulb out of yer car...
take a taillight bulb, n put it in the headlight socket...
turn it on!
Don't work!
Now... jurry rigg the taillight with tape n wires to
get the light to work, n put the light into the housing...
Drive around (at night)...
You might see a lil bit, but not well!
*** WHY?***
Because... It was NOT 'Designed' for that!
Just as the 'Headlight' bulb was Designed for the Headlight...
Your Penis was 'Designed' for a Vagina!
NOW... Deny that!
Just as a 'Family' is Designed to have a Father, AND a Mother!
Anything else.... is a Perversion of Design,
And will NEVER produce the Desired results!
God is real, and ALL Un-Righteousness WILL be cast away!
But... go ahead and believe what you want!
Not at all - if the study were properly designed, executed, and peered reviewed, you would have a leg to stand on. You don't. All credible sources have stated it was extremely flawed, yet you cling to it with every shred of your being, because you think it supports your bigotry. It is so sad for you.

Also, it seems you love the intelligent design theory for your arguments. So answer this: why was the prostate "designed" for pleasure from manual stimulation. Your "designed for" argument is kinda ridiculous when you realize that not all animals have a penetrative penis for the male (gasp! that means they EVOLVED without needing one doesn't it). Do you really think that vaginal/penile sex is the only acceptable form of sexual expression? To say yes, means you equally condemn oral sex, frottage, masturbation, etc.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#87093 Sep 13, 2012
right wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either a liar or extermely ignorant. Why don't you look up the statistics as to how many gays were either sexualy abused, had too early exposure to pornography or lesbians that came out of abusive relationships with men.
Homosexuality is a sexual confusion that is so intimately linked to sexual trama that I honestly can't believe that anyone would say otherwise. You're so completely driven bt agenda that you would deny that which is basic knowledge. If you want the truth do your own research. But I doubt that you are interested in truth. Your adgenda is to completely normalize homosexuality with gay marriage and then attack the age of consent with all of the same language.
WOW... if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. I have to admit, whatever you are smoking, you musta gotten from Yes and Amen.

Your argument starts out with an attack. The follows with incorrect data, according to the American Psychiatric Association among others. THEN you yet again try to link homosexuality to pedophilia.

One word: pathetic.

You have mistaken cause and effect, and linked causation where there is none. Most GLBT children, even at an early age can tend to feel alienated/isolated from their peers. This can easily make them more of a target for predators. If abuse made children gay, it would do uniformly. It doesn't. Thus, you logic fails.

Lesbians changing orientation after a bad relationship with a man is just as ridiculous. You have no concrete ways to explain it, so you come up with BS - much like religion.

Try again.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#87094 Sep 13, 2012
right wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either knowingly or unknowingly on the side of child abuse by supporting / promoting homosexuality.
The following books, with page numbers, refer to the fact that many many homosexuals were sexually abused when young:
Teen Prostitution by Joan J. Johnson (NY & Chicago: Franklin Watts Publishers, 1992), p. 53.
Female Perversions by Dr. Louise J. Kaplan (NY: Doubleday, 1991), p. 437.
Invisible Lives by Martha Barron Barrett (NY: William Morrow & Co., 1989), p. 140.
Incest and Sexuality by therapists Wendy Maltz and Beverly Holman (Lexington, MA: Lexington Books, 1987), p. 72.
The Secret Trauma by Prof. Diane E.H. Russell (NY: Basic Books, Inc., 1986), p. 199.
The Broken Taboo: Sex in the Family by B. and R. Justice (quoted in the book Incest: a family pattern by Jean Renvoize [London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1982], p. 127).
The following books refer to the fact that many young victims of sexual abuse later experience confusion over their sexual identities:
The Consumer's Guide to Psychotherapy by Drs. Jack Engler and Daniel Goleman (NY: Simon & Schuster/Fireside, 1992), p. 414.
Desires in Conflict by Joe Dallas (Eugene, OR: Harvest House Publishers, 1991), p. 187.
Betrayal of Innocence by Dr. Susan Forward and Craig Buck (NY: Penguin Books, 1988), p. 96.
See also the magazine article "Does Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, or Neglect in Childhood Increase the Likelihood of Same-sex Sexual Relationships and Cohabitation? A Prospective 30-year Follow-up" by Helen Wilson and Cathy Widom in Archives of Sexual Behavior (January 7, 2009).
And now, you go on that attack against anyone who would believe differently than you do. Yet again, you have confused cause and effect.

Learning not to scoop information from propaganda sites (which is evidenced when you actually do a search on your citations) would help your credibility just a tad.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#87095 Sep 13, 2012
right wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either knowingly or unknowingly on the side of child abuse by supporting / promoting homosexuality.
The following books, with page numbers, refer to the fact that many many homosexuals were sexually abused when young:
Teen Prostitution by Joan J. Johnson (NY & Chicago: Franklin Watts Publishers, 1992), p. 53.
Female Perversions by Dr. Louise J. Kaplan (NY: Doubleday, 1991), p. 437.
Invisible Lives by Martha Barron Barrett (NY: William Morrow & Co., 1989), p. 140.
Incest and Sexuality by therapists Wendy Maltz and Beverly Holman (Lexington, MA: Lexington Books, 1987), p. 72.
The Secret Trauma by Prof. Diane E.H. Russell (NY: Basic Books, Inc., 1986), p. 199.
The Broken Taboo: Sex in the Family by B. and R. Justice (quoted in the book Incest: a family pattern by Jean Renvoize [London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1982], p. 127).
The following books refer to the fact that many young victims of sexual abuse later experience confusion over their sexual identities:
The Consumer's Guide to Psychotherapy by Drs. Jack Engler and Daniel Goleman (NY: Simon & Schuster/Fireside, 1992), p. 414.
Desires in Conflict by Joe Dallas (Eugene, OR: Harvest House Publishers, 1991), p. 187.
Betrayal of Innocence by Dr. Susan Forward and Craig Buck (NY: Penguin Books, 1988), p. 96.
See also the magazine article "Does Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, or Neglect in Childhood Increase the Likelihood of Same-sex Sexual Relationships and Cohabitation? A Prospective 30-year Follow-up" by Helen Wilson and Cathy Widom in Archives of Sexual Behavior (January 7, 2009).
And stealing from a website that is "Heterosexuals Organized for a Moral Environment" website IS plagarism and just as much lying as you accused someone else of.

You have lost all credibility.
disturbing

United States

#87096 Sep 13, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW... if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. I have to admit, whatever you are smoking, you musta gotten from Yes and Amen.
Your argument starts out with an attack. The follows with incorrect data, according to the American Psychiatric Association among others. THEN you yet again try to link homosexuality to pedophilia.
One word: pathetic.
You have mistaken cause and effect, and linked causation where there is none. Most GLBT children, even at an early age can tend to feel alienated/isolated from their peers. This can easily make them more of a target for predators. If abuse made children gay, it would do uniformly. It doesn't. Thus, you logic fails.
Lesbians changing orientation after a bad relationship with a man is just as ridiculous. You have no concrete ways to explain it, so you come up with BS - much like religion.
Try again.
NAMBLA is a gay organization dedicated to tearing down the age of consent laws so they can practice pedaphila. Some of the most prominant and well known members of the gay community are associated with it. Gays want your kids. Their morals are so skewed that they think it's normal to have a sexual relationship with an adopted child. They are perverted beyond belief and this movement to mainstream their perversions is deeply imbeded insomuch as they are able to provide what appears to be credible support for their perversions.
Wake up folks. Don't let the fact that politicians use them for votes deter your stand against something with so much potential for damage to our society.
disturbing

Butler, KY

#87097 Sep 13, 2012
right wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either knowingly or unknowingly on the side of child abuse by supporting / promoting homosexuality.
The following books, with page numbers, refer to the fact that many many homosexuals were sexually abused when young:
Teen Prostitution by Joan J. Johnson (NY & Chicago: Franklin Watts Publishers, 1992), p. 53.
Female Perversions by Dr. Louise J. Kaplan (NY: Doubleday, 1991), p. 437.
Invisible Lives by Martha Barron Barrett (NY: William Morrow & Co., 1989), p. 140.
Incest and Sexuality by therapists Wendy Maltz and Beverly Holman (Lexington, MA: Lexington Books, 1987), p. 72.
The Secret Trauma by Prof. Diane E.H. Russell (NY: Basic Books, Inc., 1986), p. 199.
The Broken Taboo: Sex in the Family by B. and R. Justice (quoted in the book Incest: a family pattern by Jean Renvoize [London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1982], p. 127).
The following books refer to the fact that many young victims of sexual abuse later experience confusion over their sexual identities:
The Consumer's Guide to Psychotherapy by Drs. Jack Engler and Daniel Goleman (NY: Simon & Schuster/Fireside, 1992), p. 414.
Desires in Conflict by Joe Dallas (Eugene, OR: Harvest House Publishers, 1991), p. 187.
Betrayal of Innocence by Dr. Susan Forward and Craig Buck (NY: Penguin Books, 1988), p. 96.
See also the magazine article "Does Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, or Neglect in Childhood Increase the Likelihood of Same-sex Sexual Relationships and Cohabitation? A Prospective 30-year Follow-up" by Helen Wilson and Cathy Widom in Archives of Sexual Behavior (January 7, 2009).
It is truly uncanny how easily that they will dismiss any information that does not support their agenda.

Look at how they make lite of something so devastating as child sexual abuse. Legitimate books and studies are thown out by them based on "they don't like the site the list came from". They do not care as long as they are able to satisfy their desires.
Real insight into their menality.

Disgusting.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#87098 Sep 13, 2012
disturbing wrote:
<quoted text>
It is truly uncanny how easily that they will dismiss any information that does not support their agenda.
Look at how they make lite of something so devastating as child sexual abuse. Legitimate books and studies are thown out by them based on "they don't like the site the list came from". They do not care as long as they are able to satisfy their desires.
Real insight into their menality.
Disgusting.
It isn't a matter of dismissing information, but having actual knowledge of the information and interpreting it without bias. Have you read any single page of these references, or do you depend on the veracity of summaries and conclusions created by third parties? Why are only specific pages noted in these citations? Do you not recognize that most of these are referring to PTSD caused not by homosexuals, but by pedophiles and predatory heterosexuals?
other

Morgantown, KY

#87099 Sep 13, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
here = Hear...
You seem to be too hard on yourself , always correcting your own mistakes. It is okay not to be perfect. God accepts us as we are. Dont you agree?
no idea

United States

#87100 Sep 13, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>The kjv clearly shows your god hates, you can say it hates sin, but people die because of that hate. If I remember correctly you use the revised, revised and revised niv, could be wrong, you change your name so much, it would also help to remove those rose colored glasses. As to god loving me, if you refer to the god that created the world 6000 +or- years ago, that god is not real.
OK... And as for the name change... Ok didn't know it was important lol

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#87101 Sep 13, 2012
right wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either a liar or extermely ignorant..
So what makes you so special that you may judge every one else? Does going to your church elevate you so that you are above us mere humans? The truth is that you are so weak you must defame others because you are not strong enough to elevate yourself.
This is just another evil of the christian cult, that its followers feel they have the right to pass judgement on any one who is different or disagrees with them.
You sir have been weighed and found lacking!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#87102 Sep 13, 2012
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious.. why do you quote the Old Testament?
1) No where does your bible state that the old testament is invalid.
2) In finding the CHARACTOR of your god we must look at the ACTIONS of your god in the WHOLE bible.
Are you saying god was not holy then changed his ways or is there a different god you now worship?
No matter how you spin things the god that you worship is the same god that the Jewish people worshiped in the old testament. An evil blood lusting hate filled (for every one except the jewish people????) god.
You are the ones who worship an evil devil from the ACTIONS of your god and the christian church in history.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#87103 Sep 13, 2012
other wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be too hard on yourself , always correcting your own mistakes. It is okay not to be perfect. God accepts us as we are. Dont you agree?
Not at all. If god accepts as is why do you hate gay people?
move

Bristol, TN

#87104 Sep 13, 2012
Nope

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#87105 Sep 13, 2012
no idea wrote:
<quoted text>
OK... And as for the name change... Ok didn't know it was important lol
Its not important, just makes discussions easier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rush Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bellefonte Country Club 7 min what 59
Crystal Elliot 59 min Mark 1
loud noise at the dump 1 hr dummper 36
Should we deport all Muslims? (Apr '13) 1 hr ou student 268
there is s wolf 2 hr wise man 3
wiccan PAULA VAN HOOSE TURVEY 2 hr ali Akbar 5
Lawsuit filed against Boyd County Sheriff's Dep... (Aug '13) 3 hr wow 86
Rush Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rush People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots