Next Last
tin man

Webster Springs, WV

#1 Dec 6, 2009
Waht does anyody think about the club
localgal

Princeton, WV

#2 Dec 6, 2009
I do believe that they still have an organization. All I could find no contact info except they had a fundraiser a while back. I'm thinking there used to be a sign up Anjean Road, past Duo at Clearco. Perhaps there is a contact # on it.
wow

Oakvale, WV

#3 Dec 6, 2009
go to http://www.ccrandg.com/ should help u all lots
shellsbark

Huntington, WV

#4 Feb 15, 2011
I tried to contac them a while back and never did an answer. good luck.
Honest Abe

Beckley, WV

#5 Oct 30, 2011
The leadership of the club is poor. They appear to be acquiring more local clubs (so far about half-dozen) to double the size and increase the dues. Mostly bear hunters who are self-centered on reducing their membership dues to other clubs by acquiring these other clubs. There is no information provided to members unless they attend monthly meetings. Many members have left and are leaving. All of this drives up the dues and leads to seeing more people than deer during deer hunting season. Lease is from timber companies who are actively logging and destroying the hunting and trails. Over 70,000 acres and 700 members, but only 20 or so come to meetings to determine the fate of the club. Bear hunting restictions were imposed that were more severe than DNR because the few people at one meeting and Leaders wanted it. Expect dues to be about $ 400/yr. At one time, a very fine club with dues less than $50/yr.
mountaineer

Lerona, WV

#6 Nov 2, 2011
rod and gun clubs and every other gun club here, has taken public access land and turned it into their own, wesavaco land they pay to hunt on, back severals years ago pay 6 dollars i think for a permit to hunt on wesavaco land and yea thats it, not 400 a year to pay to the club? yea that sucks, 400 dollars with 65 hunting liscenses, and not even guaranteed a kill yea better off buying food rather than hunting it. yea you know what i mean there, and those poor sap suckers who put those posted signs on them trees dont even know what land to post, seen them post land that isn't even theres, just hunt and forget about it
stupid

Rupert, WV

#7 Nov 3, 2011
they make so much money off people paying to hunt that they can afford to hire security to patrol there property an the sad part is i work up on that mountain an theres no game looks like they would bring in more game like turkey pheasant grouse u know rare things to really hunt for
pa-hunter

Spring Grove, PA

#8 Nov 6, 2011
ive been in this club for 2 years now and i must say it could be a very good club to be in if it would start being managed correctly.seems that every decision that is being made for the club is being made by the same individules " bear hunters" i have nothing against bear hunting at all but i do think that everyone in the club should be included on voteing for anthing pertaining to the club.when i joined i was never told when the meetings were and until now never recieved anything in the mail. after being down in archery i learned that we have merged with several other clubs, i dont recall being informed of any meetings to discuss this with any members. from what i gather it is only to benefit the local "bear hunters". everyone i talk to on the club tells me the same thing. they never new we were merging with other clubs until the deal was made. those members of the other clubs are now able to hunt the same land that i hunt for less money. if this club doesnt get a new president soon it is headed for disaster.... what a shame!!!!!
Honest Abe

Beckley, WV

#9 Nov 6, 2011
Pa-Hunter you are exactly correct. Very few people attend meetings- the next one is this Monday Nov 7th at Rupert Community Center at 7:30 PM. PLEASE COME and encourage your bulddies to get this club back on track. The deals with other clus have been made without membership approval, and is the result of a "runaway" president who does what he wants without any regard for involving members. "stupid in summersville" you are also correct- very little game left in the orignial Club. The club is actually paying for security rather than having WesVaco or PlumCreek handling security for their lease.
hunter

Bluefield, WV

#10 Nov 6, 2011
The club president only does what is voted for so you crybabies need to come and put a vote in instead of crying around on the computer.If you dont like the club dont pay the dues and find another one.And by the way the club is rich with game you just have to get out of the truck and hunt it.If you dont want to hunt a turkey go buy one.
Honest Abe

Beckley, WV

#11 Nov 6, 2011
Sorry "hunter" but you must not be a member of the club because members are saying that the President is acquiring other clubs without member approval-there has been no discussion of the recent acquisitions at any meetings, and in fact, at the last meeting a member specifically asked about a rumor to acquire another 10-15,000 acres which the President said was not in the works. A week later, a 10,000 acre club was voting to merge with the CCR&G club. I agree people need to come vote, but that is always not easy when you see people living in places that are more than 1 hour from meeting on a family nite. The President needs to be open and honest with members and let them know what HE wants to do before he does it. NOBODY had a chance to vote on the recent 15,000 actres acquired which obligates the members to another $ 50,000 per year. Seems like an abuse of power, and even the USA allows absentee voting and publicizes the issues for voting. I will also disagree that the club is rich with game, and not necessary for you to take a lame shot at someone about buying turkeys if they dont want to hunt. Lets keep the discussion "real" with real information and not putting anyone down for their opinion. THANKS. People will come to vote when they know its up for a vote and they have a passion for the outcome, but not if the President does not allow for voting. There are no crybabies here, only people who have been deceived and abandoned by their President.

Parkersburg, WV

#12 Nov 7, 2011
i also worked on that mountain and seen game on a regular basis, sounds to me that some people arent happy, so pick up your crap ,leave , and keep your mouth shut! my dad kills a good buck every year i think the people not seeing game needs to learn how to hunt! Im thrilled to be a new member, keep up the good work CCR&G.
its a fact jack

Webster Springs, WV

#13 Nov 8, 2011
all the ccr&g members if you get a nice buck probably means ur poaching them, hear gunshots up little creek the night before buckseason
infisherman

Lerona, WV

#14 Nov 12, 2011
yep I will agree with jack. clear creek rod and gun club should be renamed careless rednecks and gun lovin poachers hunting club, who dont give a ---- about hunting laws
hunter

Rupert, WV

#15 Nov 15, 2011
If you dont like it dont join it simple as that
honest

Peterstown, WV

#16 Nov 18, 2011
its a fact jack wrote:
all the ccr&g members if you get a nice buck probably means ur poaching them, hear gunshots up little creek the night before buckseason
well I would like to tell you this My family hunts on that club and we have all killed big bucks and not a one of them has ever killed them illegal so you really need to get a grip on life If you dont like the rules of the club then dont join Better yet keep your mouth shut
email

Rupert, WV

#17 Feb 5, 2012
anybody know an email where i can contact them for information on the club, have been calling the numbers on the site but only voice message and no returned calls
Chevy304

Danese, WV

#18 Feb 27, 2012
Try calling william this week he has been out of town. You should be able to get in touch with him !!
Concerned

United States

#19 Feb 27, 2012
What do you need to do to join the club. Where can you hunt after you join?
Top Sgt Vietnam Vet

Walkersville, MD

#20 Apr 18, 2012
$350 for 70,000 acres is cheap. Harvesting timber creates good habitat for deer. There is plenty of game if you get out of your truck park your ATV and hunt.
mountaineer wrote:
rod and gun clubs and every other gun club here, has taken public access land and turned it into their own, wesavaco land they pay to hunt on, back severals years ago pay 6 dollars i think for a permit to hunt on wesavaco land and yea thats it, not 400 a year to pay to the club? yea that sucks, 400 dollars with 65 hunting liscenses, and not even guaranteed a kill yea better off buying food rather than hunting it. yea you know what i mean there, and those poor sap suckers who put those posted signs on them trees dont even know what land to post, seen them post land that isn't even theres, just hunt and forget about it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rupert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Perturbed by high gasoline prices? (Article in ... (Sep '08) 39 min Pee wee Herman 99
Jarrett smailes (Oct '16) 2 hr man up 2
general lewis e.p.a. 7 hr White Bread 4
Lazy parents who pawns their kids off at their ... 13 hr Well 6
The truth is out 20 hr lesbians nasty 8
Donna fisher (Sep '14) 22 hr Mclovin 22
What are they building? Sat jobs please 11

Rupert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rupert Mortgages