'As Maine Goes, So Goes the Nation': ...

'As Maine Goes, So Goes the Nation': The Ron Paul Movement's Last Stand

There are 6 comments on the www.theatlantic.com story from Aug 30, 2012, titled 'As Maine Goes, So Goes the Nation': The Ron Paul Movement's Last Stand. In it, www.theatlantic.com reports that:

The chant went up near the tail end of John McCain's speech to the Republican convention, its rhythm but not its words audible from within the convention hall.

Out on the arena concourse, a large group of delegates was making a circuit of the perimeter. What they were saying was, "As Maine goes, so goes the nation!" Several wore T-shirts with Ron Paul's name on the front and, on the back, the words "WE ARE THE FUTURE" superimposed on a picture of the Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.theatlantic.com.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#1 Aug 30, 2012
beat that dead horse!
anything to avoid the real issues...ANYTHING!
Gravediggers

United States

#2 Aug 30, 2012
1. Economy
2. Jobs
3. Dependence on Foreign Oil (Obama is talking about tapping into the US's Strategic RESERVE, again!)
4. High price of gas
5. INCREDIBLY HIGH PRICE OF FOOD
robert

Hollywood, FL

#3 Aug 30, 2012
We may have heard the last of Ron Paul as a presidential candidate but I bet we hear from him again and his ideas.

Was probably a bad move to get in a row over approving his speech, they should have just let him talk. I don't think anything he would have said would have done as much damage as what was done to his supporters. It is a Japanese phrase I think about losing face. By not letting their leader be free to make his remarks and trying to control them the end result was to cause his supporters to loose face, that is why they walked out. Emotional reactions referred to by some as childish is nothing more than a way to save face. The problem is it leaves a lasting bad taste in their mouth towards the republican party and all close elections are about turning out your people.

The only things the ron paul people can do now to prove that that they are indeed important is to stay home. Then after the election they can say, see, see, I told you we were important enough to listen to.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 Aug 30, 2012
Ron Paul backed Romney. I'm voting for Romney. If Ron Paul had said to vote for Obamaloney, I'd vote for Obamaloney. But he didn't. So I won't. I trust Ron Paul.
Eli

Germany

#5 Aug 30, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
Ron Paul backed Romney. I'm voting for Romney. If Ron Paul had said to vote for Obamaloney, I'd vote for Obamaloney. But he didn't. So I won't. I trust Ron Paul.
Ron Paul has clearly said, that he does not support Romney/Ryan.
Ron Paul is patriot and politician, who thinks and who takes care of future of his country and nation and he cannot support robbers, war criminals. I think that he is closer to support Obama or this Johnson, but clearly that Ron Paul would be the best president. These other people are only less evil. And Romney/Ryan it is big evil, really bad, dishonest, corrupt and stupid politicians, who do not care of USA and US nation.
paul

Ripley, WV

#6 Mar 12, 2013
wow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rupert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boise Immigration Rally Draws Hundreds, Call fo... (May '13) Jun '15 The real zeke 202
Pathetic people. Jun '15 Country_girl 1
News Uprooted: Japanese American Farm Labor Camps (Jan '15) Jan '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News My friendly neighbourhood witches (Jul '08) Jan '15 Kaitlin the Wolf ... 454
News Baby Name Dilemma: A Name for a Twin (Sep '14) Sep '14 Dumbledarlene Inc 1
News Lawyer charged with child enticement (Jul '06) Jul '14 Matt 194
Mathews Girls (Aug '10) Jul '14 JPK 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rupert Mortgages