Our so called Justice system

Our so called Justice system

Posted in the Rupert Forum

awillowfairey

Heyburn, ID

#1 Apr 4, 2006
My best friend, Shalan, divorced her husband after 5 years of domsetic violence. After the divorced is legalized Micheal Mercer (Shalan's ex), conns her into thinking that he has changed and wants her back and that they want to do the right thing. After he does that, Micheal rapes her. Not once but twice. Then when she goes through the terrible ordeal, Shalan goes in the ER to get a rape kit done and presses charges. After a couple of days she finally gets a protection order from the Burley, Idaho police department ,after I and a couple of her family members talk her into it. That very same day she gets a telephone call from the police saying that they can't do anything becuase of lack of evidence and the fact that Shalan's and Micheal's interviews contradicted each other. The case was dropped.
What about the vitim? Is she suppose to "live and let live"? Is she suppose to forget about what happened to her? It seems to me that our "Justice system" could care less.
jzp

Bensalem, PA

#2 Apr 12, 2007
I have dated someone with the same name...he too is a gigantic turd,is he from Georgia?
ler68

Auburn Hills, MI

#3 May 2, 2007
that is awfull cant tell you how tis bothers me most women dont see those things coming me can be very deceptive and as far as justice system well you can through that the window because burley, rupert cops and judicail system is corrupt
sarah

Campbell, CA

#4 Jun 26, 2012
awillowfairey wrote:
My best friend, Shalan, divorced her husband after 5 years of domsetic violence. After the divorced is legalized Micheal Mercer (Shalan's ex), conns her into thinking that he has changed and wants her back and that they want to do the right thing. After he does that, Micheal rapes her. Not once but twice. Then when she goes through the terrible ordeal, Shalan goes in the ER to get a rape kit done and presses charges. After a couple of days she finally gets a protection order from the Burley, Idaho police department ,after I and a couple of her family members talk her into it. That very same day she gets a telephone call from the police saying that they can't do anything becuase of lack of evidence and the fact that Shalan's and Micheal's interviews contradicted each other. The case was dropped.
What about the vitim? Is she suppose to "live and let live"? Is she suppose to forget about what happened to her? It seems to me that our "Justice system" could care less.
I had a simalar situation, when I was 19 I got pregnant and lived in california, my parents and brother lived in Idaho, and the cost of living is way better in Idaho, I thought that I could move in with my parents and work on getting my own place and my boyfriend was going to come out after school and all that dreaming. That was not the case. My brother was severly addicted to Meth and my parents allowed him to use, and supported it because they too where on drugs. My brother attacked me 2 times, I had to hide from him, and push him off of me. My brother was a minor at the time, and because I stratched him while protecting myself and my unborn child, the officer told me that he could press charges against me. When I told the officer that I had no where else to go, and I was scared for my unborn childs life, I asked him if there was a shelter I could go too, he told me no and why dont I go to my boyfriends house, refering to a known drug user who was a friend of my parents. Not wanting to be homeless, with a baby I stayed having nowhere to go.. less than a week later, my brother drunk and high on meth, and whatever else.. kicked me in my stomach, punched me and choked me.. broke the phones, and then drove with hims friend who was also drunk away.. I had to stop a car to have them call the police.. when the police came they took the information. My brother came back a few hours later and I called the police again, they said he was too drunk to take in... I went to a friends house.. and then called the police the next day, but they still wouldnt take him in.. the next day I started bleeding and lost the baby.. At court they lowered the offense to throwing a pack of ciggerates at me which he did- before he hit me in the stomach-- and got a year of unsupervise probation... My email is [email protected] I would like to speak with other people who have had simular problems with the police department out there.. maybe we can change something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rupert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BBQ Reunion D 2 1 Dichtelbach Germany Nike Her... (May '10) May 19 Charles Morris 5
rachel simmons taking methsdone who paying for ... (Apr '14) Mar '16 Kim 2
Justice for Patches (Sep '15) Sep '15 Carol 2
Pathetic people. (Jun '15) Jun '15 Country_girl 1
News Uprooted: Japanese American Farm Labor Camps (Jan '15) Jan '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Looking for info or family of Creola Fern McVay... (Apr '13) Jul '13 Shelby Record 2
News Collision Takes the Life of a Rupert Woman (Jun '10) Jun '13 Arykah P 2

Rupert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rupert Mortgages