Pets Lost And Found
Bird

Hobbs, NM

#1 Mar 24, 2012
Why dont we have a lost and found for pets on topix.
Tweety Bird

Hobbs, NM

#2 Mar 24, 2012
Found Saturday afternoon by White Mountain Meadows. A black and white border collie female. She has a pink collar. She was running with a little black male dog that I was unable to catch. I have left a message with the Animal Humane with my number.
LibraK

Hobbs, NM

#3 Mar 24, 2012
Keeping in touch with the Humane Society is the best thing to do. It would help immensely if people would have their pets microchipped, & it can be done at the Humane Society on Gavilan Canyon Rd. And, of course, if ALL pets wore collars with current ID on them would help beyond belief! And we all know that pets should not be running loose to begin with.
Tweety Bird

Hobbs, NM

#4 Mar 24, 2012
Just trying to get the infor out about this girl. She is a sweet heart and if she were mine I would want to know she is ok. Since the Humane Society is not open again until Monday I am trying everything I can. I also posted on the Humane Society's facebook page.
LibraK

Alto, NM

#5 Mar 27, 2012
Tweety Bird wrote:
Just trying to get the infor out about this girl. She is a sweet heart and if she were mine I would want to know she is ok. Since the Humane Society is not open again until Monday I am trying everything I can. I also posted on the Humane Society's facebook page.
Has the owner claimed this dog yet?
Tweety Bird

Hobbs, NM

#6 Mar 27, 2012
LibraK wrote:
<quoted text>
Has the owner claimed this dog yet?
.

It was a sad day for us. The owner got a hold of us about 2:30 in the afternoon on Monday. She had been looking for her since she escaped on Saturday. We had put the word out with all vets and the shelter and it paid off. She was a wonderful dog and would doggie sit any time.

I am thinking about setting up a facebook page for lost and found animals for Lincoln County. Just not sure how to get the word out.
just lil ol me

Ruidoso, NM

#7 Mar 27, 2012
Tweety Bird wrote:
Found Saturday afternoon by White Mountain Meadows. A black and white border collie female. She has a pink collar. She was running with a little black male dog that I was unable to catch. I have left a message with the Animal Humane with my number.
Call the Animal Control at the Ruidoso Police Department. They will pick up the animal. take it to the Humane Society and contact the staff on a personal number to notify them a new animal has arrived. That is the best thing you can do. There is also a lost and found for animals in Ruidoso on Facebook.
Under Dog

Hobbs, NM

#8 Mar 27, 2012
I have had better luck with informing the local vets about missing animal's then I have with the humane society. I have nothing against the humane society I have adopted some of my animal's there but I have not had luck with them helping to find the owners of pets that were lost or found.
Under Dog

Hobbs, NM

#9 Mar 27, 2012
LibraK wrote:
And we all know that pets should not be running loose to begin with.
Im sure you realize that accidents happen and you realize that not all pets are allowed to run loose.
LibraK

Alto, NM

#10 Mar 27, 2012
Under Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sure you realize that accidents happen and you realize that not all pets are allowed to run loose.
I do know that "accidents" sometimes happen, but I also know that many dog owners don't take the time or initiative to make sure their pets are properly ID'd/microchipped,and they don't take proper precautions to make sure their yards are secured. I've picked up many, many dogs off the street and you wouldn't believe some of the excuses I've heard as to why the dog was running loose. And a surprising number of these dogs I've picked up have absolutely no tags on their collars (if they even have a collar).
cat mom
#15 Aug 17, 2012
oops forgot to mention she's black.
Jon mtz

United States

#20 Jun 2, 2016
Missing from White Mt dr. &Club gas part chiwowa part miniature grayhound.has a black circle on both sides of his head.got long legs .also has a bad over bite.has the chiwowa head his name is Nemo.his collar was laying in yard was told he was in club gas around 5 5:30 two days ago.hes brown and black.hes is a very big part of our lives goes to work with me every day.please help get him back home to use.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#21 Jun 17, 2016
Jon mtz wrote:
Missing from White Mt dr. &Club gas part chiwowa part miniature grayhound.has a black circle on both sides of his head.got long legs .also has a bad over bite.has the chiwowa head his name is Nemo.his collar was laying in yard was told he was in club gas around 5 5:30 two days ago.hes brown and black.hes is a very big part of our lives goes to work with me every day.please help get him back home to use.
Did you get your dog back?(hoping.....)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ruidoso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Difference between BO and Trump 11 min Willie Granville 44
boom: trumpís new budget requires food stamp re... 13 min RalphsShadowSelf 24
Trump and the Russians ? 23 min RalphsShadowSelf 4
Scalia Suspected 1 hr RalphsShadowSelf 4
Court says essentially that Trump is not be bel... 1 hr RalphsShadowSelf 3
President Trump's Trip 1 hr RalphsShadowSelf 46
More Hillary lies. 1 hr RalphsShadowSelf 13

Ruidoso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ruidoso Mortgages