ol-joe

Artesia, NM

#1 Sep 6, 2012
Could someone send a reporter up there and interview the Mgmt and let us know what is really going on with lifts being replaced,(or not), and if this was in the operational plan? Is it recovery, replacement from Little Bear? I have heard CH #2, the Gondola,(tearing down the Gazeebo!)Chair #8? One of the lead suprvisors told me all the wire rope passed within a week of the fire...He wouldn't BS'N would he? Anybody else a little curious......
Skier

Ruidoso, NM

#2 Sep 6, 2012
They are replacing the old gondola with a a new 8 passenger gondola. Capitan will be replaced with a new quad and Lincoln will be replaced with a new triple. They are spending approximately $15 miillion.

They also have a contractor cutting out most of the dead/burned trees on the base of the mountain.
LibraK

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Sep 7, 2012
Skier wrote:
They are replacing the old gondola with a a new 8 passenger gondola. Capitan will be replaced with a new quad and Lincoln will be replaced with a new triple. They are spending approximately $15 miillion.
They also have a contractor cutting out most of the dead/burned trees on the base of the mountain.
Are these new lifts "high speed quads"??? That's what Ski Apache needs instead of a S L O W gondola to the top. They can never compete with other ski areas as long as they are not able to move skiers around the mountain much more quickly.
Skier

Ruidoso, NM

#4 Sep 7, 2012
LibraK wrote:
<quoted text>
Are these new lifts "high speed quads"??? That's what Ski Apache needs instead of a S L O W gondola to the top. They can never compete with other ski areas as long as they are not able to move skiers around the mountain much more quickly.
A new 8 passenger gondola will reduce the travel time by over half with a capacity of more than 2500 an hour. The chairs are fix grip chairs but will have significant reductions in travel time and increased capacity. Go to Doppelmayr/ctec website to see more on the lifts the ski area is buying.

This is absolutely a great thing.
LibraK

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Sep 7, 2012
It certainly sounds encouraging....I've spent entirely too much time sitting on those lifts taking forever to get to the top, and skiing around lifts that are "out of order" and not running at all. Now, if they could just train their employees to not let the chairs hit you in the back of the legs, & stay awake while they are supposed to be watching folks unload off the chairs. I've skied all over Colorado and New Mexico, and find the lift attendants & employees at Ski Apache are the rudest & most unattentive.
informed

Ruidoso, NM

#6 Sep 8, 2012
LibraK wrote:
It certainly sounds encouraging....I've spent entirely too much time sitting on those lifts taking forever to get to the top, and skiing around lifts that are "out of order" and not running at all. Now, if they could just train their employees to not let the chairs hit you in the back of the legs, & stay awake while they are supposed to be watching folks unload off the chairs. I've skied all over Colorado and New Mexico, and find the lift attendants & employees at Ski Apache are the rudest & most unattentive.
Maybe they are WalMart employees during late spring, summer and early fall.
ol-joe

Artesia, NM

#7 Sep 13, 2012
Not so sure there is enough Mountain to be putting more peeps on top, on a busy day....or Capitan for that matter......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ruidoso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ralph and the Houston Topix Fart King are equal 57 min Laughing 4
Biden says Enough 1 hr Laughing 25
I Listened... 3 hr None 414
Trump Blasts John McCain In The Wake Of His Emb... 3 hr None 3
Things you didn't know 4 hr he should 55
Trump's frightening and tightening legal noose 8 hr Ditto 5
A Little Bit of Philosophy 14 hr Trapper 74 105

Ruidoso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance