Destin Pool - Rockwall, Texas

Destin Pool - Rockwall, Texas

Posted in the Royse City Forum

Thomas

Dallas, TX

#1 Jun 18, 2010
If anybody is considering building a pool, I hope we can save you from using Destin Pool, this company is terrible, they are located in Rockwall. The owner / Neill Thompson dropped the ball on every aspect of our pool installation. We now question whether Destin Pool has the ability and qualifications to even design and build pools based on the following shortfalls.

• Lack of follow up and response
• Poor attention to detail
• Poor Communication
• Failure to meet timelines
• Failure to disclose complete information
• Lack of planning
• Too many unexpected issues
• Poor workmanship
• Failure to properly educate new customers

We experienced painful problems with every aspect of the pool installation process. The before-mentioned issues were brought to the attention of owner, Neil Thompson as they occurred, and our issues remain unresolved. We sure hope we can save someone else from this sad predicament.
whobeboo

United States

#2 Jun 22, 2010
you aren't the only one...

thats why when he got out of prison the judge said he couldn't build houses anymore. So he became a pool builder.
JTD

Dallas, TX

#3 Jul 5, 2010
wow never knew this. wonder who built mine (it came with the house) and i dont have any paperwork on it. has some crack issues. worst part is having to clean the thing since my kid wont. he spends the most time in it with his friends. i think i need to rethink whos gonna clean the pool?
xyx

Forney, TX

#4 Jul 6, 2010
whobeboo wrote:
you aren't the only one...
thats why when he got out of prison the judge said he couldn't build houses anymore. So he became a pool builder.
What does being and ex con have to do with building houses or pools? If the man was convicted of something looks like he served his time. This is why so many ex cons go back. Shallow minded people have to throw it in their faces when they get a chance. Who is worse the Ex con or the slanderous snake?
Uhhhhhh

Austin, TX

#5 Jul 7, 2010
xyx wrote:
<quoted text>What does being and ex con have to do with building houses or pools? If the man was convicted of something looks like he served his time. This is why so many ex cons go back. Shallow minded people have to throw it in their faces when they get a chance. Who is worse the Ex con or the slanderous snake?
The ex con who is still ripping people off. It is not slander if it is true...
xyx

Forney, TX

#6 Jul 7, 2010
Read the last line it can be a truth as well. In this case it would be. Because it is directed towards someone other than the this pool guy.
I have hired some ex cons and on most occassions they became my best employees sometimes they just need a little help. I was leary at first but when a man can sit down and look me straight in the eye and be honest with his past and ask me for a chance. I will take that chance and in most cases it works out. But you do have a few that just cannot be helped.

Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. It is usually, but not always,[1] a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#7 Jul 7, 2010
xyx wrote:
Read the last line it can be a truth as well. In this case it would be. Because it is directed towards someone other than the this pool guy.
I have hired some ex cons and on most occassions they became my best employees sometimes they just need a little help. I was leary at first but when a man can sit down and look me straight in the eye and be honest with his past and ask me for a chance. I will take that chance and in most cases it works out. But you do have a few that just cannot be helped.
Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. It is usually, but not always,[1] a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed
Not even close....
Frank

Dallas, TX

#8 Jul 8, 2010
Uhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
The ex con who is still ripping people off. It is not slander if it is true...
I heard that this pool company closed their office and will reopen under another pool company name somewhere else.
Charles

Mesquite, TX

#9 Jan 18, 2011
In my 25 years of developing and remodeling in Florida, Wi and Texas, Neil Thompson owner of Destin Pool did all the small and big things very professionally like return phone calls immediatly, oversaw every facet of construction, kept on schedule and always offered upgrades at a resonable charge. He also conversed in Spanish and technically the salt water pool we designed has been working like a charm. I'm aghast at the comments. I've been a pool owner all my life and there were no short cuts in anything he did. Are we talking about the same person?
SADSAD

United States

#10 Jan 20, 2011
HE WILL NOT BE BUILDING POOLS OR HOUSES ANYMORE HE PASSED AWAY SO GRIPE ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Royse City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 8 hr HodaPharts 1,057
Tattoos (Oct '10) 16 hr Vee 49
City Barber Downtown (Jun '14) Sun Downtown R 13
Beware of Firestone in Rockwall (Nov '11) Jan 16 Resident 23
Springer Elementary Principal leaving? (Apr '16) Jan 12 BigMoney 14
What's up with David (Otis) Sweet Jan 8 samfromsales 6
Forney Update (Kroger and more!) (Feb '13) Jan 2 Rascally Rabbit 10

Royse City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Royse City Mortgages