Family dollar...need a Walmart!!!

Family dollar...need a Walmart!!!

Posted in the Royse City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 May 21, 2012
Went to Family Dollar to purchase items that went on sale starting yesterday, but they were already sold out today. This is at least the fifth time this has happened to me, even when I go the day the sale starts. They are always polite and helpful, but we REALLY need a Walmart or anything to fulfill our needs. Guess I'll just call first before wasting my gas and time.
tangandchris

Dallas, TX

#2 May 21, 2012
Yournotgoingtobelievethis wrote:
Went to Family Dollar to purchase items that went on sale starting yesterday, but they were already sold out today. This is at least the fifth time this has happened to me, even when I go the day the sale starts. They are always polite and helpful, but we REALLY need a Walmart or anything to fulfill our needs. Guess I'll just call first before wasting my gas and time.
I know what you mean....I really hate going in that store though. It's always busy and rarely do they have more than one register open. The aisles are loaded up with stock and it's hard to move around.
Rhett

Rockwall, TX

#3 May 23, 2012
You can thank the Crowell family for the lack of development in RC.
Momof1

Irving, TX

#4 May 23, 2012
What specifically have the Crowells done to keep developement out of Royse City.

If your going to call someone out, please give us the facts about your statement.

I dont know if they have or have not, but so many people post things on here off of hearsay and not facts, that I'm curious to know.
one

Euless, TX

#5 Nov 27, 2012
Went to family dollar, over 50% of the aisles were blocked with items to be stocked. I understand they re-stock while they work, but blocking off aisles completely is stupid! They were bringing even more carts out before unloading the ones that were already there! I do not understand this mentality. I simply didn't purchase items because I was unable to get to them. Really nice folks, but must have an idiot manager/owner. Come on Walmart or any other store!!!!
rcgirl

Dallas, TX

#6 Nov 27, 2012
one wrote:
Went to family dollar, over 50% of the aisles were blocked with items to be stocked. I understand they re-stock while they work, but blocking off aisles completely is stupid! They were bringing even more carts out before unloading the ones that were already there! I do not understand this mentality. I simply didn't purchase items because I was unable to get to them. Really nice folks, but must have an idiot manager/owner. Come on Walmart or any other store!!!!
I agree, and honestly I wonder if this stocking procedure violates any sort of safety codes. I'm grateful we have the store, but we need more than just Family Dollar!!
one

Euless, TX

#7 Nov 27, 2012
rcgirl wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, and honestly I wonder if this stocking procedure violates any sort of safety codes. I'm grateful we have the store, but we need more than just Family Dollar!!
Excellent point, is it a safety violation? Fire hazard? Very interesting.
yeah

Royse City, TX

#8 Dec 7, 2012
The blocking isles is a violation for the fire dept. if there was a fire in that store and people got hurt it would be all of the stores fault. They have so many carts blocking the isles its insane. I really don't see how the store has not gotten in trouble for their procedures. And how is it that they have all these carts blocking the isles but never have what I actually need?! I will agree that the employees are very friendly and they drop everything to help you as soon as you ask. But this stocking and blocking isle thing has got to stop. And has anyone noticed how much they have gone up on their prices?! I might save some money by going to Rockwall or Greenville... just sayin.
Taffy

Euless, TX

#9 Dec 10, 2012
Glad to report the blocking off of the aisles has greatly improved! Maybe our comments made a difference.

“Music Lover”

Since: Jan 11

Royse City Texas

#10 Dec 10, 2012
Taffy wrote:
Glad to report the blocking off of the aisles has greatly improved! Maybe our comments made a difference.
haha, i noticed that too
Taffy

Dallas, TX

#11 Jan 18, 2013
Unfortunately back to the same thing! All the back aisles were blocked off with carts. Why can't they unload one cart at a time? Not only is this unsafe, but if you can't get to the items, you can't buy them!!!
rtc

Forney, TX

#12 Jan 18, 2013
Taffy wrote:
Unfortunately back to the same thing! All the back aisles were blocked off with carts. Why can't they unload one cart at a time? Not only is this unsafe, but if you can't get to the items, you can't buy them!!!
Have you thought about calling the FD?
Idonotbelieveit

Azle, TX

#13 Jan 23, 2013
Yournotgoingtobelievethis wrote:
Went to Family Dollar to purchase items that went on sale starting yesterday, but they were already sold out today. This is at least the fifth time this has happened to me, even when I go the day the sale starts. They are always polite and helpful, but we REALLY need a Walmart or anything to fulfill our needs. Guess I'll just call first before wasting my gas and time.
Idonotbelieveit !
Idonotbelieveit

Azle, TX

#14 Jan 23, 2013
one wrote:
Went to family dollar, over 50% of the aisles were blocked with items to be stocked. I understand they re-stock while they work, but blocking off aisles completely is stupid! They were bringing even more carts out before unloading the ones that were already there! I do not understand this mentality. I simply didn't purchase items because I was unable to get to them. Really nice folks, but must have an idiot manager/owner. Come on Walmart or any other store!!!!
Some stores have almost no stock rooms at all for back stock. They have to completely unload the waiting delivery truck into the store. The truckdriver is not waiting around for them to stock the shelves too, before he leaves with his truck.
Sarah P

Fort Worth, TX

#15 Oct 23, 2013
What a joke! Grand re- opening was nice. More organized with longer aisles.
Today, every single aisle blocked with carts. People were tripping over each other. Now the entire longer aisles are blocked. Who manages this place? Other family dollar stores are not this inadequate. Come on Walmart! Teach these people a lesson. I can't stand obstacle shopping. Yes, done doing any business there.
stumped

Mesquite, TX

#16 Oct 24, 2013
Sarah P wrote:
What a joke! Grand re- opening was nice. More organized with longer aisles.
Today, every single aisle blocked with carts. People were tripping over each other. Now the entire longer aisles are blocked. Who manages this place? Other family dollar stores are not this inadequate. Come on Walmart! Teach these people a lesson. I can't stand obstacle shopping. Yes, done doing any business there.
One question for code enforcement if we actually have that not really sure but if the aisles are blocked would that not be a fire hazard? Being a robust man ( nice way of saying lard ass) sometimes I have to slap the crisco on my hips just to slide through and lord knows I needs to get in that candy aisle. yum
Texan

Euless, TX

#17 Apr 29, 2014
Come on Walmart. Family Dollar store was hot without any circulating air, just front doors propped open. Numerous aisles blocked off by huge carts. Couldn't get to items being blocked. If someone was in a wheelchair, don't know how they would maneuver and would be trapped. Is this how they plan to keep customers? Other Family Dollars aren't like this. Who inspects these stores? So much for safety first. Epic fail.
txhockeyman

Plano, TX

#18 May 2, 2014
We don't need a Walmart, all it will do is create more traffic. What we need is a decent grocery store. Something the city leaders promised over 10 years ago but still fail to deliver on. The city spends their money in places where it does the least good. Fix your damn roads first!!!
hmmm

Euless, TX

#19 May 4, 2014
Any grocery store will do. Not fire hazard Family Dollar
Huh

Rockwall, TX

#20 May 4, 2014
Walmart? Who said anything about that. We aint gettin a walmart

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Royse City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melanie Bullock Feb 16 Rockwall 1
Rename Rockwall Athletic Fields (Jul '12) Feb 1 Old Timer 22
McClendon Chisholm VFD Feb 1 Horn Hunter 3
Home Builder (Aug '13) Jan 28 Eye opener 20
building behind Costco (Feb '16) Jan '18 Ttrumped Univ 8
News 'Scorpion' dragster coming to town for Heritage... (Dec '06) Jan '18 JUST FART 2
scott clements homes (Sep '13) Jan '18 question 82

Royse City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Royse City Mortgages