why

Forney, TX

#21 Sep 14, 2012
why- why wrote:
why has Obama sealed his records. How many things is he hiding.
Sealed what records? PROOF!!! Not fear mongering.
not sure

Dallas, TX

#22 Sep 14, 2012
Casy,
Please explain how you think things are getting better. And, how the president in office has made it better. Just a question not trying to raise a revolt.
not sure

Dallas, TX

#23 Sep 14, 2012
Does anyone believe completely that the government really put us in housing crunch or did we do it to ourselves by trying to live beyond our means?
truth

United States

#24 Sep 15, 2012
why wrote:
<quoted text>Claiming he's a Muslim isn't ignorant? Provide one bit of PROOF. Otherwise, you lack knowledge and thus are ignorant. It's ridiculously stupid comments like that that make me embarrassed to know you have the privilege to vote!
I know your happy. You should defend him I mean gosh you have free health care can stay on unemployment and welfare. Heck he will even give you a cell phone. All at the expense of people like me who paid attention in school work hard and got a good job. Enjoy it now cause if he dont get us all killed he will be voted out in a few months.
why

Euless, TX

#25 Sep 15, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>I know your happy. You should defend him I mean gosh you have free health care can stay on unemployment and welfare. Heck he will even give you a cell phone. All at the expense of people like me who paid attention in school work hard and got a good job. Enjoy it now cause if he dont get us all killed he will be voted out in a few months.
Again, all fear mongering and no PROOF. I am employed, pay my own insurance, and am not defending him. I am simply asking for fact to show why he's "so horrible!"
rcgirl

Arlington, TX

#26 Sep 15, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>I know your happy. You should defend him I mean gosh you have free health care can stay on unemployment and welfare. Heck he will even give you a cell phone. All at the expense of people like me who paid attention in school work hard and got a good job. Enjoy it now cause if he dont get us all killed he will be voted out in a few months.
believe it or not there are people who did the same things as you and still lost their job. There are people in this country that did all the "right" things and are still struggling daily to figure out how they are gonna keep things afloat for their family. Your insinuation is that all you have to do is work hard and you'll be ok is just not always true. Take a look around you and open your eyes.
why

Euless, TX

#27 Sep 15, 2012
rcgirl wrote:
<quoted text>believe it or not there are people who did the same things as you and still lost their job. There are people in this country that did all the "right" things and are still struggling daily to figure out how they are gonna keep things afloat for their family. Your insinuation is that all you have to do is work hard and you'll be ok is just not always true. Take a look around you and open your eyes.
Agree RC Girl...and those are the ones I feel most horrible for. It's has been a horrible couple years for a lot of people. I am not sure it is fair to blame the POTUS, call him a Muslim, and make other nasty comments (I know you're not). I see statistical data that shows we are moving in the right direction after the hold the past POTUS left us in. I also have seen nothing Romney plans to do that will definitively fix any problems or drastically improve anything that isn't already moving in the right direction. Of course, I've already wasted more time than I should on thus topic....ignorance is truly bliss and when facts are lacking, the use of emotional data and fear mongering is impossible to engage in an intelligent conversation. Remember how Obama was going to come to our houses and take our guns and all the other horrific things? I guess his plan was to wait until his second term to bring down America! What a joke!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#28 Sep 15, 2012
why wrote:
<quoted text>
First, the unemployment has improved since it took a dive in '08-'09, and where do you get the 50% statistic?
Whoops - that should have been about 50 million not 50 %. As far as the unemployment rate - it is still higher than when he took over. Are you happy with that?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#29 Sep 15, 2012
casy wrote:
Oh lord. People in Royse City are now talking politics? Nothing like a bunch of backwoods rednecks talking politics. Obama is not a muslim. Things are getting better. Definately room for improvement.
Depends on how you define Muslim. They believe once a Muslim always a Muslim and he was born into a Muslim household. However, he has embraced Christianity.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#30 Sep 15, 2012
why wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, all fear mongering and no PROOF. I am employed, pay my own insurance, and am not defending him. I am simply asking for fact to show why he's "so horrible!"
I would not say he is horrible - just not getting it done like we expected and like he said he would four years ago. It is that simple.
why

Forney, TX

#31 Sep 15, 2012
Husker-n- RC wrote:
<quoted text>Whoops - that should have been about 50 million not 50 %. As far as the unemployment rate - it is still higher than when he took over. Are you happy with that?
Not sure if "happy" is the operative word...but, thank you for the clarification. Yes, unemployment is much higher because the economy collapsed. It has steadily improved since its peak, but I agree it has been way too little.
why

Forney, TX

#32 Sep 15, 2012
Husker-n- RC wrote:
<quoted text>I would not say he is horrible - just not getting it done like we expected and like he said he would four years ago. It is that simple.
Agree, but things are moving forward. What has Romney proposed that makes anyone think he has the answers as opposed to just more feel good promises like four years ago?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#33 Sep 16, 2012
why wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, but things are moving forward. What has Romney proposed that makes anyone think he has the answers as opposed to just more feel good promises like four years ago?
Do you think anything Obama has done helped "move forward?" In fact it is possible he slowed the natural recovery - which is why it is taking so long. What I find funny is all the "forward" is beneficial to the upper class and not middle class. The middle class is still hurting while the enemy of the left - the upper class is doing fine. This is actually hilarious that the dems cannot see this or choose to ignore this fact. Just like they boast the oil production is at an all time high while imports are low but the main any maybe the only two reasons are permits put in place under Bush and the best one of all FRACKING the bane of the ecowarriors.
why

Forney, TX

#34 Sep 16, 2012
Husker-n- RC wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think anything Obama has done helped "move forward?" In fact it is possible he slowed the natural recovery - which is why it is taking so long. What I find funny is all the "forward" is beneficial to the upper class and not middle class. The middle class is still hurting while the enemy of the left - the upper class is doing fine. This is actually hilarious that the dems cannot see this or choose to ignore this fact. Just like they boast the oil production is at an all time high while imports are low but the main – any maybe the only two reasons are – permits put in place under Bush and the best one of all – FRACKING – the bane of the ecowarriors.
Yes, I do think he has does things to move the economy forward. Again, instead of saying it's "possible" he slowed....provide FACTS rather than speculation and fear mongering. We are middle class, and we are much better off than in '08. He has stopped the unemployment rate from increasing and has lowered in since it plummeted in '08-'09 (end of Bush). The stock market has gain 5,000 points since it nearly crashed in '08-'09 (end of Bush), the housing market is finally improving since it crashed in '08-'09 (end of Bush)...these are FACTS! Plus, don't even get me started about fracking and the legal/environmental issues there. Sure, the resource is wonderful, but the manner they are doing it horrible at best. Again, I agree the recovery has been slow, and as the POTUS, he is responsible....

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#35 Sep 16, 2012
why wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do think he has does things to move the economy forward. Again, instead of saying it's "possible" he slowed....provide FACTS rather than speculation and fear mongering. We are middle class, and we are much better off than in '08. He has stopped the unemployment rate from increasing and has lowered in since it plummeted in '08-'09 (end of Bush). The stock market has gain 5,000 points since it nearly crashed in '08-'09 (end of Bush), the housing market is finally improving since it crashed in '08-'09 (end of Bush)...these are FACTS! Plus, don't even get me started about fracking and the legal/environmental issues there. Sure, the resource is wonderful, but the manner they are doing it horrible at best. Again, I agree the recovery has been slow, and as the POTUS, he is responsible....
OK - provide facts that show something HE did moved us forward.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#36 Sep 16, 2012
One thing that he did that slowed the economy was concentrating on Healthcare instead f jobs his first two years.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#37 Sep 16, 2012
Here is a list of 50 points. Many I agree with, some I don't. http://spectator.org/archives/2012/04/27/the-...
why

Forney, TX

#38 Sep 16, 2012
Husker-n- RC wrote:
One thing that he did that slowed the economy was concentrating on Healthcare instead f jobs his first two years.
How can you say he has not focused on jobs? That is truly wrong....that's the thing, the right wing bashes the stimulus because of what it did to the debt, but don't focus on all the jobs it created. Look at all the construction in the metroplex alone....where do you think that money came from???? Again, statistical data shows since the bottom fell out in '08-'09, unemployment has decreased (see link above). If I am wrong, please show me where. Again, I would love to see those levels at '06-'07 levels, but he was handed to biggest mess since the Great Depression. Yes, his promises were bold and in many cases exaggerated in anticipated results, but they are all improving.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#39 Sep 16, 2012
BTW - the people overseas are not burning movie posters and shouting about bad movie scripts.
why

Forney, TX

#40 Sep 16, 2012
Husker-n- RC wrote:
Here is a list of 50 points. Many I agree with, some I don't. http://spectator.org/archives/2012/04/27/the-...
Yes, there are some I agree with and some I don't. Much like when we nearly defaulted as a country, it was bi-partisan politics that caused that and several of these. Some are right on and wrong, some are subjective, and some are not bad at all. One area I truly lack knowledge in is the whole healthcare fiasco. Our healthcare system is a mess. I don't know if what he is doing is all or in part good, but I do give him credit for trying to right it. If the parties would actually work together, they could create something better, but they refuse to and he is forced to make tough decisions...some are good, while others are not so good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Royse City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Church of Christ truths 15 hr Mike_Peterson 28
Rockwall justice of peace convicted in capital ... Fri Watching 2
New congresscritter John Ratcliffe.... Dec 18 NormanRockwall 2
Randy Earl Parks saves mans life Dec 17 thank you sir 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Congress losing last WWII vets, a tea party fave Dec 17 NormanRockwall 1
Traffic Issues Dec 16 Resident 1

Royse City News Video

Royse City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Royse City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Royse City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Royse City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:16 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:16PM
DeMarco Murray is determined to play
NBC Sports 4:14 PM
Ryan Mallett wants to be the Texans' QB next season
NFL11:56 AM
DeMarco Murray plans to play for Cowboys vs. Colts
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins