Bulldog

United States

#21 Nov 7, 2012
So my husband and I walked in one morning for breakfast... All "waitress'" we're sitting at a table
In the front eating and doing some sort of paperwork... We stood around for a few moments clueless as to seat ourselves or if we were supposed to wait. Finally one of them got Up from the table to seat us. My husband asked for chocolate milk and the woman said "we don't have chocolate milk but I can make it with some hersey's"... As we were waiting for our food what appeared to be the owner/manager was being very rude to an employee in front of the whole restaurant as if she was trying to show everyone inside the facility who was boss! All waitress'(including the owner/manager who partially waited on us) seemed to have ZERO experience in customer service or the food industry (just acted very awkward). The food was okay but not worth $18 just for a breakfast for 2 people. Will not be back and do not recommend. Such a shame, was so excited about another business supporting out BULLDOGS!
Taffy

Euless, TX

#22 Nov 7, 2012
Rockstar hippy wrote:
Okay, let's change gears a minute. I just had some of the best BBQ ever at a new place called Macks BBQ on Hwy 276 about a block from Southern Junction. Check it out and let me know what you think if you can.,.
So........tell us what you ate & why was it some of the best.( use plenty of adjectives).
Taffy

Euless, TX

#23 Nov 7, 2012
Bulldog wrote:
So my husband and I walked in one morning for breakfast... All "waitress'" we're sitting at a table
In the front eating and doing some sort of paperwork... We stood around for a few moments clueless as to seat ourselves or if we were supposed to wait. Finally one of them got Up from the table to seat us. My husband asked for chocolate milk and the woman said "we don't have chocolate milk but I can make it with some hersey's"... As we were waiting for our food what appeared to be the owner/manager was being very rude to an employee in front of the whole restaurant as if she was trying to show everyone inside the facility who was boss! All waitress'(including the owner/manager who partially waited on us) seemed to have ZERO experience in customer service or the food industry (just acted very awkward). The food was okay but not worth $18 just for a breakfast for 2 people. Will not be back and do not recommend. Such a shame, was so excited about another business supporting out BULLDOGS!
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait to see if it improves before I go.
Chief Big Toe

Waltham, MA

#24 Nov 8, 2012
wish Rex's Diner was Back ..anyone remember that one?
Buckys is Good
luv this town

Rockwall, TX

#25 Nov 8, 2012
Have been to Bulldog diner with my family a few times since opening day....around 5 times already. Yes, there are going to be times when service is slow. New waitresses being trained and what not. I found the salad bar, and food wonderful. They are still sorting out what needs to be stocked, so be patient. Service was wonderful, as well as the head chef :) My daughter LOVES the hamburger, and my husband loved the burger/ chicken fried chicken. I found the salad bar very nice. AM SO GLAD NOT ANOTHER MEXICAN FOOD PLACE/ PIZZA PLACE!!!!!! Breakfast is good as well. Prices are almost too low in my book! I want to see this place for many years to come!! This is what we needed in our town. Welcome BULLDOG DINER!!!!!
rockstar hippy

Fort Worth, TX

#26 Nov 8, 2012
Taffy wrote:
<quoted text>
So........tell us what you ate & why was it some of the best.( use plenty of adjectives).
Okay, I had the sliced beef sandwich with fries. I think what made it so unique was the lightly toasted bun and the sauce. The owner was very nice at Macks BBQ and we talked for a while. Part of my family is in the BBQ biz in Fort Worth and caters all the main events like Main Street, etc..so I have a good reference to good BBQ.
The meat was heavenly..........yummy and tender.
Did I use enough adjectives?
The fries were the best too. I highly recommend Macks
The owner is a Dallas Police Officer that started one in Dallas so this is his number two store after success at the other.

“Music Lover”

Since: Jan 11

Royse City Texas

#27 Nov 8, 2012
whoops, i forgot to log in and it says i'm from Grand Prarie...............nope, Royse City guy here
Taffy

Euless, TX

#28 Nov 8, 2012
rockstar hippy wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, I had the sliced beef sandwich with fries. I think what made it so unique was the lightly toasted bun and the sauce. The owner was very nice at Macks BBQ and we talked for a while. Part of my family is in the BBQ biz in Fort Worth and caters all the main events like Main Street, etc..so I have a good reference to good BBQ.
The meat was heavenly..........yummy and tender.
Did I use enough adjectives?
The fries were the best too. I highly recommend Macks
The owner is a Dallas Police Officer that started one in Dallas so this is his number two store after success at the other.
Excellent description! Thank you. I'm now salivating, and at the next opportunity, I will be visiting Macks.

“Music Lover”

Royse City Texas

#29 Nov 8, 2012
OMG hold the phone Taffy .........lol
I just found the best catfish and shrimp on the planet down in Forney.
It's Doe Belly's Catfish

I am in heaven
Pokey

Lavon, TX

#30 Nov 14, 2012
We went there for breakfast. The tea was horrible! It was old! I asked the waitress if it was old and she said yes, it was from the day before! I asked her if she could make some fresh, she did and it was great! The eggs were good as was the gravy. BUT the biscuits and bacon were cold, however the bacon was crisp and not greasy. The "breakfast potatoes" are not good at all, they taste like fried leftover baked potatoes NASTY!!! The cook/busboy/owners hubby came out to ask how things were, when I said it was good except it was cold and the potatoes were nasty, he just turned around and walked away. The wait staff were wonderful, very nice and informative. The prices are high for what you get.

If these people plan on sticking around Royse City for long they need to learn to listen to their customers and stop trying to use leftovers. I think the owners think they can do no wrong. I know you can't please everyone but give me a break. I will be going back to Denny's for breakfast that's for sure. I will try them again at lunch or dinner and see what I think of their chicken fried steak, I sure hope they have fresh homemade mashed potatoes but I have a feeling they don't :/. I was really hoping for a real home cooking place not a home "style" cooking.

“Music Lover”

Royse City Texas

#31 Nov 15, 2012
After all these reviews I think i'll just pass. Too many things going wrong. I don't like Denny's either. They couldn't serve me a hot or warm breakfast after several tries even when I mentioned it before I ordered.
I liked it

Dallas, TX

#32 Nov 15, 2012
Have been at lunch twice. It's the best burger in town. I like it better than Fish Camp's even. Tea was fresh, service was great. Saw someone complain about their burger, something they didn't like about it and they promptly replaced it with new fries to boot. So far nothing but great experiences. Haven't been in at breakfast so can't tell you about that. Interesting note: When we went in, they were all sitting at a table up front but we were instantly greeted, told to sit wherever we like and then our meal was brought out quickly.

“Music Lover”

Royse City Texas

#33 Nov 19, 2012
Okay, i tried it Friday at lunch. No complaints...........burger was awesome, catfish was awesome, everything hot .............maybe it took them a while to dial it all in. Server was very attentive as well. I'll return soon
Not impressed

Ballwin, MO

#34 Nov 19, 2012
Had a chicken fried steak that was not home cooking, gravy was a mix and was cold as were the black eyed peas, which also had no salt added during cooking. We also had meatloaf that had no sauce on top. Had to ask to get a side of it. I was really hoping for a good down home cooking. Salad bar was great and has a lot to choose from. Very disappointed in the owner as well. Was not friendly and actually seemed put out we tried to talk to her. Also, over heard her not so friendly conversation with a staff member. Not professional and a huge turn off. The other staff was very friendly, however, the cook staff seemed like high school students which explains the food problems in my opinion. Price fir the special of the day was good, chicken fried steak plate was very over priced for what you get and not being home cooked but a frozen patty. Hope they improve and listen to their customers. This town is too small and won't support it if not.
Anonymous

Dallas, TX

#36 Nov 27, 2012
Prices are too high, food isn't great AT ALL and their selection of vegetables are not great either..the owner will shut this place down with her attitude...she is rude, unprofessional, not sociable with the customers and treats her employees like trash in front of customers. She hires young kids whom most are still in high school and and treats them with little respect from what I see...maybe to make herself feel powerful?? She will NEVER stay staffed by the way she treats her employees and will NOT stay opened by horrible unprofessional personality in front of her customers...I will never go back, felt very uncomfortable the whole time I was there...she needs to wipe that sour look off her face and close down if she's that unhappy!
noneya

Dallas, TX

#37 Nov 27, 2012
wow-- I felt the same way--but the staff also acted put out-- like you were bothersome.....food wan't spectacular but edible but the attitudes of the female owner rolls down the the staff- they don't a job-- they are not friendly AT ALL!
one

Arlington, TX

#38 Nov 27, 2012
Well, I'm not going now! I hate bad attitudes!
Jethro Bodine

Ballwin, MO

#39 Nov 27, 2012
I have not experienced any bad attitudes in fact everyone was really nice. Now here is my problem. Every single time I go there and I have been there alot they are out of something or my order is wrong when it comes out. It is so frustrating to want something and be told they do not have it. The food is very average and the prices are above average. I have never been wowed. It i ok just not great. I hope they can pull it together but I will not be goin back for awhile. I do think everyone should try it at least once.
Sarah VanSnickle

Forney, TX

#40 Dec 1, 2012
Had the CFS today. Frozen CFS, but was ok, prefer real home made better. Black eye peas were cold with no seasoning, tasted like canned peas. Okra was good. Dinner roll was hard and old tasting. Ice water was very little ice. Liked the waitress, she was nice and helpful. Liked the decor and enjoyed the atmosphere. I will go back but will try a burger and fries.
justme

Houston, TX

#41 Dec 5, 2012
We just ate there and it was great!! The only thing that concerned us was, way too much food for the money. We only paid $23.00 and got enough food to feed a family of four instead of two. We are afraid if they continue to serve all that food, the business end will fail..sure hope not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Royse City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible Info 1 hr Mike_Peterson 14
God's Kingdom is Here 2 hr Mike_Peterson 15
Water Bills. Thank You RC. 15 hr RC Fish 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 16 hr Field of Farts 819
New Mayor-what are her plans for us? Apr 30 SpecialFred83 1
FBC Royse City Apr 27 tater 25
No Emergency Siren in Royse City (May '13) Apr 21 Jerry 21
More from around the web

Royse City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]