First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Mar 12

Quinlan, TX

#1 Nov 2, 2012
I noticed the Bulldog Diner is open where Pancho and Lefty's used to be. Any reviews? Copies of the menu?

“Music Lover”

Since: Jan 11

Royse City Texas

#2 Nov 2, 2012
Now that you bring it up...........guess i'll go check it out. Hopefully today for lunch

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Nov 2, 2012
I'll have to give it a shot this weekend. Maybe tonight before the game.
Citizen

United States

#4 Nov 2, 2012
Been there 2 times. Have the meatloaf. Its really good. Big salad bar to.

“Music Lover”

Royse City Texas

#5 Nov 2, 2012
Thanks for the tip citizen...........and while over there stop in to the Avon store and pay Tracey a visit.

Location hidden

#6 Nov 2, 2012
Rockstar hippy wrote:
Thanks for the tip citizen..........and while over there stop in to the Avon store and pay Tracey a visit.
Has anyone seen Start Ship Troopers. This post almost made me bust a gut! "Thanks for the tip citizen...."
Taffy

Euless, TX

#7 Nov 2, 2012
Citizen wrote:
Been there 2 times. Have the meatloaf. Its really good. Big salad bar to.
What else besides meatloaf?
Citizen

United States

#8 Nov 2, 2012
Taffy wrote:
<quoted text>What else besides meatloaf?
chicken fried steak is pretty good to. Grilled pork chops are good.

Quinlan, TX

#9 Nov 2, 2012
Went tonight, very busy and the tea was weird. Both sweet and unsweetened tea had a strange lemon after taste.

The salad bar was nice, decent variety and you can trade 2 sides for one trip with your meal so that was good too.

The food wasn't bad, but wasn't great. Prices were good .. Family of 6 ate for $40 before tip.

They were very busy and the waitresses are new.. Be prepared to wait and be patient but otherwise worth another trip in a week or two to see if they have settled in :)
Truth

Euless, TX

#10 Nov 2, 2012
Kivutar wrote:
Went tonight, very busy and the tea was weird. Both sweet and unsweetened tea had a strange lemon after taste.

The salad bar was nice, decent variety and you can trade 2 sides for one trip with your meal so that was good too.

The food wasn't bad, but wasn't great. Prices were good .. Family of 6 ate for $40 before tip.

They were very busy and the waitresses are new.. Be prepared to wait and be patient but otherwise worth another trip in a week or two to see if they have settled in :)
thats what i think to. I think its worth another try.

Location hidden

#11 Nov 3, 2012
The sweet and spicy sauce for the meatloaf was more sweet and not much spicy but was fine by itself. I will go back.
citizen royse city

Dallas, TX

#12 Nov 5, 2012
My family decided to try it out over the weekend. Hate to say we won't be back though. My husband had a burger, which looked decent, my daughter had the chicken fried steak, my other daughter had the chicken strips, and I tried the chicken fried chicken. My daughter and myself, ordered mashed potatoes as a side, only to have the waitress bring our plates with french fries, and informed us that they were out of potatoes, so they substituted french fries, without letting us pick a different side! The fries were soggy and greasy, a major disappointment, I love shoestring fries, but these were not good. The chicken fried steak looked good, and so did the chicken strips my daughter ordered. The chicken fried chicken I had, was not chicken fried chicken, it was a frozen, thin chicken cutlet, that had overly fried, breadcrumb batter, not the batter that normally comes with chicken fried steak or chicken fried chicken! It looked like something you would expect on a dollar menu chicken sandwich. For what we paid, which came to $40.00 for 4 of us, I have to say it wasn't really worth it. I really wanted this restaurant to be good, so that we would have a little more selection of places to go to here in Royse City, but if you're offering homestyle, you should really make the food taste more fresh, and not so frozen!

“Music Lover”

Royse City Texas

#13 Nov 5, 2012
Doesn't sound too good citizen royse city..........I think one of us needs to tell them the difference between home cooking and thawed out packages of stuff or they may go the way of Horseshoe Grill a few years back.
you can tell them..........lol

Quinlan, TX

#14 Nov 5, 2012
On a side note, if you find yourself in Caddo Mills, Bucky's Cafe on 66 is freaking awesome and everything you'd want in a diner.. except it's not in RC. :)
Roger

North Richland Hills, TX

#15 Nov 5, 2012
Ate there today. The burgers were good!
Citizen

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Nov 5, 2012
Heard about it. Think I will try it out sometime

“Music Lover”

Royse City Texas

#17 Nov 6, 2012
Kivutar wrote:
On a side note, if you find yourself in Caddo Mills, Bucky's Cafe on 66 is freaking awesome and everything you'd want in a diner.. except it's not in RC.:)
Love Bucky's
Hooray Yes Obama Is Back

Forney, TX

#18 Nov 6, 2012
long john silvers, long john silvers, long john silvers!! Or taco bell, taco bell, taco bell!!! Or dairy queen, dairy queen, dairy queen!! Or grocery store, grocery store, grocery store!!!
Taffy

Euless, TX

#19 Nov 7, 2012
Hooray Yes Obama Is Back wrote:
long john silvers, long john silvers, long john silvers!! Or taco bell, taco bell, taco bell!!! Or dairy queen, dairy queen, dairy queen!! Or grocery store, grocery store, grocery store!!!
Hahahahahaha, thanks for making me laugh!

“Music Lover”

Royse City Texas

#20 Nov 7, 2012
Okay, let's change gears a minute. I just had some of the best BBQ ever at a new place called Macks BBQ on Hwy 276 about a block from Southern Junction. Check it out and let me know what you think if you can.,.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Royse City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Door to Door Meat Scam? (Mar '09) 1 hr top hat 334
Judge accuses mayor, councilman of bullying him 16 hr Sittin on the Dock 26
Get Ready for another nasty tire shop coming to... (Feb '11) Thu RE Investor 27
SML Custom Homes - Formal Introduction Wed SML Custom Homes 3
College football Wed Jeff l 4
City Council Wed HaHaHa 7
Internet Provider Recommendations? Tue Gigi 17

Royse City News Video

Royse City Dating
Find my Match