Yokel

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

In the Rustic Meadows neighborhood last night, I heard a loud boom that shook my house around 9:30, I think. It sounded like a basketball hit the garage door or something. Went outside to find several neighbors who also heard ti and came out to investigate. Anyone know what it was?
Crazy Horse

Mesquite, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Yokel wrote:
In the Rustic Meadows neighborhood last night, I heard a loud boom that shook my house around 9:30, I think. It sounded like a basketball hit the garage door or something. Went outside to find several neighbors who also heard ti and came out to investigate. Anyone know what it was?
I heard it last night also. I thought it was just an 18 wheeler tire blowing out on the highway. I hear them blow so often, that it is just the norm around my house.
mommadawg

Sachse, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

I forgot the name of the meteor shower that is suppose to go from around the 17th to tonight. Read that some people in Utah the night before had their whole town lit up like daytime and a sonic boom type noise after it. Wish I could find the paper it was in. Also some peoples outside home security cameras caught the sky light up. They are posted on YouTube. Cool to watch! Might have been something of that nature maybe???
Curious

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

If this is a Caddo Mills forum, where are the people from Caddo Mills?
Curious

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Saw my post. I'm not in Austin, so I guess you guys aren't in Garland, Irving or Dallas, hmmm...
DPD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Curious wrote:
Saw my post. I'm not in Austin, so I guess you guys aren't in Garland, Irving or Dallas, hmmm...
Curious, the city listed for us seems completely random. It has listed me from half a dozen places so far. I don't know why. This is the Royse City forum, which seems to be a sub-category of the Terrell Topix Forum. I would guess that Caddo comes under the same "Terrell" group, but that's only my guess.
mommadawg

Sachse, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

I kinda wish you would have to register to post. Seen a few post where people have used others users name to get stuff riled up.
Sammy

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Yokel wrote:
Thunderstorms
Yokel

Forney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

I live in RC. I haven't bothered to register as I just found the site today. I'm assuming the location is a result of your IP address location. It wasn't thunder. It was hours before the storm got anywhere close.

Since: Nov 09

Forney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Just registered...now I get to deal with spam, I'm sure. Happy, Mommadawg?
RCmomma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

I live in Rustic Meadow and didn't hear anything like this. We have heard what sounds like a transformer blowing, I wonder if that is what it was?

Since: Dec 08

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

Did you ever find out what the noise was? I live in R.M. and didn't hear anything. If you're close to the highway it was probably something over there.
rcbob

Terrell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

I was told it was DPD breaking wind. With the way some on here praise how great the posting are the head had to be inflated. Had to let some pressure off.

DPD

Since: Oct 09

Natalia, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

That might have been it, rcbob. Not to worry, I'm properly humiliated by those who are head and shoulders above my station on a rather regular basis here, and I sure appreciate it, too - don't think I'm not grateful.
HEATH

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

aliens

V
Rockwall

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2009

Maybe it was Heath's head exploding?
mommadawg

Sachse, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

Judged:

Yokel - I was wishing this site was set up where everyone had to register to post, and that way people could only have one user name, and not be purposely using the names of others to get a rile out of people on here. There have been several that have used other peoples names and made rude and mean remarks. Some people just dont play well with others. Even though you are registered, since not everyone has too, someone can come on here and use your Yokel name and type anything they want. Sorry if you start getting spam.
Yokel

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Haven't noticed any additional spam yet, so maybe I won't.
caddo mills

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Everyone in town in Caddo Mills came outside to see what it was. From in town, stretching to hwy 380, and all the way out to cash (Hwy 34 & fm1564). Still no one has heard for sure what it was. Crazy! Thought it might be the Aerospace guys out at the airport on fm 1565.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Rockwall County was issued at July 24 at 3:37PM CDT

•••
•••

Royse City News Video

•••
•••

Royse City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••