Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Jan 25, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
How God Speaks

Whitewright, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 15, 2012
 


1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,(Heb. 1:1,2)

God only speaks through His Son (Jesus). Jesus is not here today so Jesus speaks through the written word (the NT).

God does not speak to anyone today DIRECTLY. If He did he would be a respecter of persons. God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34,35).

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

God cannot lie (Rom. 3:4)(Titus 1;2).

If any person tells you God is speaking directly to them, they are not telling you the truth.

Gods message can be read and understood (Eph. 3:3,4)(Eph. 5:17)(Jn 7:17).

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

gbntv.org

“Music Lover”

Since: Jan 11

Royse City Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 15, 2012
 
I have to respectfully disagree. I fear that some of mans words got in the way of us communicating with God and his Angels that are open to us all.
The words alone deter man from speaking with God.
The tell you to ignore God and go by what man put on paper.
Hogwash!
I tell you God has spoken to me and much more. And, I am not a liar.
And another thing, God loves his creations.
So go ahead and preach words of a God that slays his people and souls like a cereal killer and scare man into believing only what man put on paper.
Bow down before God with the innocence of a child and feel his awesomeness and GRACE.

“Music Lover”

Since: Jan 11

Royse City Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 15, 2012
 
And let no man stand between you and God

Amen
Tag

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 25, 2012
 
Rockstar hippy wrote:
I have to respectfully disagree. I fear that some of mans words got in the way of us communicating with God and his Angels that are open to us all.
The words alone deter man from speaking with God.
The tell you to ignore God and go by what man put on paper.
Hogwash!
I tell you God has spoken to me and much more. And, I am not a liar.
And another thing, God loves his creations.
So go ahead and preach words of a God that slays his people and souls like a cereal killer and scare man into believing only what man put on paper.
Bow down before God with the innocence of a child and feel his awesomeness and GRACE.
Sir, I must respectfully disagree with you.

1. How do you know it is God who is speaking to you?

2. Can you prove God is speaking to you?

Many many people do not understand why miracles happened in the New Testament. There is a simple reason why, just read the verses which speak about them.(Heb. 2:3,4)(Mark 16:20)(1Cor.2:4).

...for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him (Jn 3:2).

Now we have the written word. All a person needs to do today is read the NT.(2Tim. 2:15)

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)(Eph. 3:3,4)

17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.(Eph. 5:17)

If that is not enough the NT says we have "ALL" things pertaining to life and godliness (2Peter 1:3). For this reason God will not communicate with anyone today directly.

The revelation (NT) is for correction, for instruction in righteousness:(2Tim. 3:14-17).

It is perfect (Jas. 1:25).

The completed revelation was "ONCE DELIVERED".

Since it was "once" delivered and it was "all" given to the apostles no more revelation is to come(Jn 14:26)(Jn 16:13). The apostles wrote this information down in letters we know as the New Testament.

We must not add to or subtract from any part of Gods word (1Cor. 4:6)(Rev. 22:18,19)(Deut. 4.2).

If God is speaking to you God is adding to his revelation. If this is true God lied when he told the apostles they were to get "all" in (Jn 14:26) and (Jn 16:13).

God cannot lie (Titus 1:2)(Rom. 3:4).

4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; ...

thegospelofchrist.com

“Music Lover”

Since: Jan 11

Royse City Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 26, 2012
 
If you lock in what man wrote 80 plus years after Christ ascended to heaven you leave your total belief to what man wrote and edited.
I proved it was God speaking and moving within me by the miracles he showed me over a very intense 10 year period. I asked for it, he delivered and almost to the point of more than I could take. All of his GRACE was received and blessed with love. I wrote it all down in a journal as I went along and verified with those around me that were holy.
One of the many things I learned was to never try and block a man or womans direct link with God.
In one vision, God showed me the true shape of our universe. I drew it for others and then it was verified a year later by the Voyager program. This was only one of many many miracles to verify whom I was speaking with. All led to something good and none led to anything evil. This is my testimony.

“Music Lover”

Since: Jan 11

Royse City Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 26, 2012
 
continued....
God showed me many Angels and taught me how to interact with them. They were not evil. In fact, they are God's beautiful creatures. They are like messengers with a direct link back and forth and a connection similar to "light". In one situation he introduced me to "Michael", an Archangel, and a small group of his army of Angels. They assisted in a miracle I got to witness. I wrote a whole chapter on this but was directed at the end to take the manuscript to four church's. More later if you care
Nair-A One

Greenville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 29, 2012
 
Rockstar hippy wrote:
If you lock in what man wrote 80 plus years after Christ ascended to heaven you leave your total belief to what man wrote and edited.
I proved it was God speaking and moving within me by the miracles he showed me over a very intense 10 year period. I asked for it, he delivered and almost to the point of more than I could take. All of his GRACE was received and blessed with love. I wrote it all down in a journal as I went along and verified with those around me that were holy.
One of the many things I learned was to never try and block a man or womans direct link with God.
In one vision, God showed me the true shape of our universe. I drew it for others and then it was verified a year later by the Voyager program. This was only one of many many miracles to verify whom I was speaking with. All led to something good and none led to anything evil. This is my testimony.
Allow me to deal with this one point.

RH - "One of the many things I learned was to never try and block a man or womans direct link with God."

Me _ Allow me to show you what the bible says about any "direct" link from man to God. There is no direct link from man to God.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1Tim.2:5)

There is a mediator between man and God according to (1Tim. 2:5).

Just something to think about.

thegospelofchrist.com

gbntv.org
Nair-A One

Greenville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 29, 2012
 
Rockstar hippy wrote:
continued....
God showed me many Angels and taught me how to interact with them. They were not evil. In fact, they are God's beautiful creatures. They are like messengers with a direct link back and forth and a connection similar to "light". In one situation he introduced me to "Michael", an Archangel, and a small group of his army of Angels. They assisted in a miracle I got to witness. I wrote a whole chapter on this but was directed at the end to take the manuscript to four church's. More later if you care
We are not comanded to give our "testimony".

We are to preach Christ and Him Crucified (1Cor.1:21)(Rom. 1:16).

Just something to think about.



thetruthinlove.com

“Music Lover”

Since: Jan 11

Royse City Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 30, 2012
 
In Genesis 32:30, Jacob saw God appearing as an angel; he did not truly see God. Samson’s parents were terrified when they realized they had seen God (Judges 13:22), but they had only seen Him appearing as an angel. Jesus was God in the flesh (John 1:1, 14) so when people saw Him, they were seeing God. So, yes, God can be “seen” and many people have “seen” God. At the same time, no one has ever seen God revealed in all His glory. In our fallen human condition, if God were to fully reveal Himself to us, we would be consumed and destroyed. Therefore, God veils Himself and appears in forms in which we can “see” Him. However, this is different than seeing God with all His glory and holiness displayed. People have seen visions of God, images of God, and appearances of God, but no one has ever seen God in all His fullness (Exodus 33:20).

“Music Lover”

Since: Jan 11

Royse City Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 30, 2012
 
So the above is what we have in the Bible about seeing God. Nothing written before, during, or after is allowed within the books as edited.
The King James was not given by God but was a translation by a group of scholars in the early 17th century who based their rendition on a faulty Greek text.I continue to use the King James version as my main source of research because I believe it is the best source I have.
I understand the part about seeing him in all his glory and the ramifications it implies. However, after his reveal of about one fifth or less I do understand because it was almost more than I could take from the beauty and intensity.
It is important to note the Bible did not fall out of the sky with God's signature on it.
And why would he not interact with you if you ask?

“Music Lover”

Since: Jan 11

Royse City Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 30, 2012
 
I should also add that my wife operates on Faith alone which I think is far greater than my journey or quest for proof.
No Respector

Whitewright, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 1, 2012
 
Rockstar hippy wrote:
So the above is what we have in the Bible about seeing God. Nothing written before, during, or after is allowed within the books as edited.
The King James was not given by God but was a translation by a group of scholars in the early 17th century who based their rendition on a faulty Greek text.I continue to use the King James version as my main source of research because I believe it is the best source I have.
I understand the part about seeing him in all his glory and the ramifications it implies. However, after his reveal of about one fifth or less I do understand because it was almost more than I could take from the beauty and intensity.
It is important to note the Bible did not fall out of the sky with God's signature on it.
And why would he not interact with you if you ask?

The reason God would not interact directly with man today is found in (Acts 10:34).

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

God placed His New Testament Will in the Bible and asked all those who love Him to read, understand and be obedient to the commands found within.

(Eph.3:3,4)(Eph. 5:17)

***

You say The Word of God did not fall out of the sky with Gods signature on it. Well, God did place His signature upon His NT Will according to -

3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; 4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?(Heb.2:3,4)

12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.(2Cor.12:12)

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:(1Cor.2:4)

When the apostles spoke the commands of God and then did miracles to prove they were sent by God to give men His message (Rom. 1:16).

The miracles were Gods signature.

Those miracles confirmed the messenger and the message were sent by God to mankind.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; (Jn 20:30,31)

***
Now the message and the POWER of God is found within the gospel (Truth).

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.(1Tim. 2:4)

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed...(Rom. 1:16)

thegospelofchrist.com

gbntv.org
In Part

Whitewright, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 1, 2012
 
I believe another reason God would never deal with man one on one today is found in the Mormon Religion.

This religion says God gave all his message to one man. This seems to oppose the way the Bible came to man with some 40 writers over several 1000s of years.

We read in (1Cor. 13:9) that certain chosen men had only "a part" of the gospel revealed to them.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

John had a part Jude had a part Mark had a part and on and on. No one person had to shoulder the complete revelation.

This shows the wisdom of God.

What Does The Bible Say with Johnny 2012

gbntv.org
James 2-24

Whitewright, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 1, 2012
 
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.(James 2:24)

...not by faith only.(James 2:24)

...not by faith only.(James 2:24)

...not by faith only.(James 2:24)

If God was going to tell mankind he could not be saved by "faith alone" how would he say it?

The answer is found in (James 2:24) and yet millions of people refuse to believe what that very simple verse says. In fact they believe and teach just the opposite.

Satan is alive and well.

thetruthinlove.com

“Music Lover”

Since: Jan 11

Royse City Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 3, 2012
 
James is my favorite book.
Correction; My wife worships by faith and deeds which I feel is stronger than one who has "seen" first hand.
Lords Disciple

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 11, 2012
 
Rockstar hippy wrote:
James is my favorite book.
Correction; My wife worships by faith and deeds which I feel is stronger than one who has "seen" first hand.
Thank you for the correction. She sounds like a wonderful person.
Jesus Speaks

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 18, 2012
 
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,(Heb. 1:1)

gbntv.org
With Words

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 18, 2012
 
How does the Holy Spirit communicate with man today?

15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had {SAID} before,(Heb.10:15).

...he had {SAID}

...he had {SAID}

...he had {SAID}

The Holy Spirit used words (2Peter 1:21).

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.(Jn 16:13)

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.(Jn 14:26)

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.(Jn 17:8)

Words were passed down from God to Jesus to the Holy Spirit to each apostle.

We now read those words in the New Testament and learn all about the will of God.

17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.(Eph. 5:17)(Rom. 1:16)

17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.(Jn 7:17)

If we accept the truth within the Bible (NT) and obey the commands we can be clean or free from sin.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.(Jn 15:3)

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.(Jn 17:17)

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.(1Tim. 2:4)

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,(2Peter 2:20)

*********

All men must be taught truth (Jn 6:44,45).

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

A....they shall be all taught of God.

B....Every man therefore that hath heard,

C....and hath learned of the Father

D....cometh unto me.

No direct operation of the Holy Spirit.

No Hocus Pocus

Just read the words and accept the message and obey Gods words or reject the message and die a heathen.(Rom. 6:16-18)(Acts 8:26-39).

theancientplan.com
Earthen Vessels

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 18, 2012
 
Rockstar hippy wrote:
So the above is what we have in the Bible about seeing God. Nothing written before, during, or after is allowed within the books as edited.
The King James was not given by God but was a translation by a group of scholars in the early 17th century who based their rendition on a faulty Greek text.I continue to use the King James version as my main source of research because I believe it is the best source I have.
I understand the part about seeing him in all his glory and the ramifications it implies. However, after his reveal of about one fifth or less I do understand because it was almost more than I could take from the beauty and intensity.
It is important to note the Bible did not fall out of the sky with God's signature on it.
And why would he not interact with you if you ask?
RSH - "why would he not interact with you if you ask?"

Me - You have asked a very good question.

Here is your bible answer.

It is found in (2Cor.4:7).

7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels,...

the gospel is the treasure.

This treasure is in earthen vessels (men).

God, Jesus, Angels are all Heavenly vessels.

We only have the treasure (the gospel) in earthen vessels (men).

Allow us to put it to a test.

Philip ran over to the eunuch.(Acts 8:29,30).

Why did the Spirit tell Philip to go to the eunuch?

Why didn't the Spirit go tell the eunuch what to do?

The same reason The Lord did not tell Saul (Paul) what to do to be saved in (Acts 9).

Instead the Lord (a Heavenly Vessel) told Saul (an earthen vessel) to go see a man (an earthen vessel)and the man would tell Saul what he MUST DO to be saved.

2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.(2Tim. 2:2)

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:(Mt.28:18)

****

God communicates with man through the word (NT).

Christians communicate with God through prayer.



gbntv.org
GBNTVorg

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 21, 2012
 
Great bible answers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Royse City Discussions

Search the Royse City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Susie Q 21,673
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Imperial Chicano 17,218
illegal mexicons coming to Rockwall... 6 hr Ronnie 93
they call it worship 9 hr Mike_Peterson 9
Who makes the best burger? Tue Dory 27
Review: KAG Holdings Tue Another one got screwed 14
Beyonce Jul 27 bc 2
•••
•••

Royse City News Video

•••
•••

Royse City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Royse City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Royse City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Royse City
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••