Royse City Junkyard - AKA JD Newell Auctioneers Incorporated

Posted in the Royse City Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Ray - Starlight Ranch

Forney, TX

#1 Jun 9, 2009
Does anybody know if the public can purchase car parts from the JD Newell junkyard here along the I-30 service rd?

I noticed the huge number of junk cars resembling the neighboring Blackland junkyard on 276 and was curious. This is much closer to our town and is a local business that I would prefer to support.

I need parts for my Porsche and Mercedes? Does anybody know if they sell import parts at reasonable costs?

Please let me know. I would like to go shopping this weekend.

Thanks!
Lazybones

Mckinney, TX

#2 Jun 9, 2009
Ray - Starlight Ranch wrote:
Does anybody know if the public can purchase car parts from the JD Newell junkyard here along the I-30 service rd?
I noticed the huge number of junk cars resembling the neighboring Blackland junkyard on 276 and was curious. This is much closer to our town and is a local business that I would prefer to support.
I need parts for my Porsche and Mercedes? Does anybody know if they sell import parts at reasonable costs?
Thanks!
J. D. Newell is an auction service. The cars are brought in over an extended period of time and then auctioned off on a given day. There are no parts available for sale but he Mr. Newell said that a lot are stolen. This business is not located inside any city limits so therefore falls under the county’s jurisdiction. The ones you saw in all the contorted positions were donated to the local fire departments to practice rescue techniques and rescue tools. It is an unsightly business and would make Lady Bird Johnson turn over in her grave.
kevin

Terrell, TX

#3 Jun 9, 2009
Ray - Starlight Ranch wrote:
Thanks!
Not sure but personally I think it would be nice if they took the crap and moved in somewhere else. It makes this area look like crap. If they want to keep it there they could as least erect a fence to hide it behind. If they are collecting them for an auction have the auction and move the cars. We will never be able to attract business to the area with this eyesore.
Kevin Longo

Dallas, TX

#4 Jun 10, 2009
Lazybones wrote:
<quoted text>
J. D. Newell is an auction service. The cars are brought in over an extended period of time and then auctioned off on a given day. There are no parts available for sale but he Mr. Newell said that a lot are stolen. This business is not located inside any city limits so therefore falls under the county’s jurisdiction. The ones you saw in all the contorted positions were donated to the local fire departments to practice rescue techniques and rescue tools. It is an unsightly business and would make Lady Bird Johnson turn over in her grave.
Mr. Mayor,

I have NEVER see any auction take place here! It is nothing more than a scrap metal yard/junkyard. Those of us in business realize the metal prices are high and profitable. Mr. Mayor - I dont care whose jurisdiction this falls in! If it affects Royse City quality of life and economic development by being an eyesore, IT is so OUR PROBLEM! You should be partnering with local county staff to work on solutions not pushing off the problem to someone else. Your position taken on handling this challenge is a defeated approach. This same behavior our previous administration demonstrated. I remember you saying in your public forum that you would "seek out solutions with DOT along I-30 to improve the appearance of Royse City drive through appeal". Well, I suggest you start with this because I will hold you accountable. I will write letters to every agency that exists about this and I will embarrass you and the city. Shame on you if you fail take the lead in getting this property cleaned up. I challenge you to post on here the certificate of occupancy issued for this business or permit defining the type of business that should be operating at this location. It is not an auctioneer.
Finney

Dallas, TX

#5 Jun 10, 2009
Fully agree! What an eyesore. Those cars are nothing but a junk yard in the making. Let's call it what it is...a junk yard. Newell must have influence in our city or our people are just afraid of him. In either case, nothing is being done about it by our Mayor. Same old thing!
Lazybones

Garland, TX

#6 Jun 10, 2009
The city has enough to do without fighting the county's battles. Please refer all your complaints to the commissioner’s courts on this matter. The city manager has already addressed this matter with your leader and the county is looking to see what can be done. Kevin, it is an auction site and there have been numerous auctions held there. If you call their number they will tell you when the next one will be.
Kevin Longo

Dallas, TX

#7 Jun 10, 2009
Lazybones wrote:
The city has enough to do without fighting the county's battles. Please refer all your complaints to the commissioner’s courts on this matter. The city manager has already addressed this matter with your leader and the county is looking to see what can be done. Kevin, it is an auction site and there have been numerous auctions held there. If you call their number they will tell you when the next one will be.
Mayor,

Please keep your campaign words like a man that you will "Clean up I-30 through Royse City by working with DOT".
Lazybones

Garland, TX

#8 Jun 10, 2009
Kevin Longo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mayor,
Please keep your campaign words like a man that you will "Clean up I-30 through Royse City by working with DOT".
I am in the process of doing just that. I hope you're not includeing J. D. Newell because it is not in the city limits.
Fickle Francis

Mesquite, TX

#9 Jun 10, 2009
Kevin Longo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mayor,
While your at it Mr. Mayor, could you please get a better exit to Chilly Mart? I don't buy my beer and wine in Royse City...I'm a closet drinker.
Kevin Longo

Dallas, TX

#10 Jun 10, 2009
Lazybones wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in the process of doing just that. I hope you're not includeing J. D. Newell because it is not in the city limits.
Thanks Mayor! Maybe we can get a nice sign out there on the right away like Mesquite has on I-30 towards the 635 overpass or similar to Rockwall. Have you seen the nice welcome sign Mesquite has on the side of the road on I-30 with the landscaping?
Finney

Dallas, TX

#11 Jun 10, 2009
Kevin Longo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Mayor! Maybe we can get a nice sign out there on the right away like Mesquite has on I-30 towards the 635 overpass or similar to Rockwall. Have you seen the nice welcome sign Mesquite has on the side of the road on I-30 with the landscaping?
Yeah, like "Welcome to Junk City" Pick-a-part and sit a spell while you sip on your Colt 45 malt liquor you bought at the gas station. Woo Hoo, what a draw!
Charles

Dallas, TX

#12 Jun 10, 2009
Lazybones wrote:
<quoted text>
J.D. Newell may not be in the city limits, but he sure must have influence in Royse City to be able to assemble a growing junk yard along I-30. If this mess is not stopped, we all will be greeted to a filthy pile of cars as we enter Royse City. If there was ever an auction, I have never seen so much as 2 cars together there ever. What are they doing, calling on the phone or bidding over the web blindly?
Lazybones

Garland, TX

#13 Jun 10, 2009
Charles wrote:
<quoted text>
J.D. Newell may not be in the city limits, but he sure must have influence in Royse City to be able to assemble a growing junk yard along I-30. If this mess is not stopped, we all will be greeted to a filthy pile of cars as we enter Royse City. If there was ever an auction, I have never seen so much as 2 cars together there ever. What are they doing, calling on the phone or bidding over the web blindly?
Oh Charles, you must really be new to Royse City. One day you are going to drive by J. D. Newell Auctioneers and see cars and trailers parked all along the highway service road and lo and behold an auction will be taking place. If you would look their number up in the phone book and call they will even give you the date and time. Yes it's junkie, it doesn't take much to recognize that, but it is a legitimate business never the less
Lazybones

Garland, TX

#14 Jun 10, 2009
Kevin Longo wrote:
<quoted text>
Letters complaining to TXDOT would help. The city has brought it to their attention on more than one occasion. I can remember one day when a group of citizens decided to clean it up themselves. We were told by the Highway Patrol to leave because we were trespassing. I would venture to say that the two overpasses in Royse City are by far the ugliest in the state of Texas.
Marvelous Mary

Dallas, TX

#15 Jun 11, 2009
Lazybones wrote:
<quoted text>
Letters complaining to TXDOT would help. The city has brought it to their attention on more than one occasion. I can remember one day when a group of citizens decided to clean it up themselves. We were told by the Highway Patrol to leave because we were trespassing. I would venture to say that the two overpasses in Royse City are by far the ugliest in the state of Texas.
Lazyboy,

You have selected a user name on topix that is suitable for your demeanor and is reflective of your behavior as a representative of Junk City, Texas, our new motto!
Marvelous Family

Dallas, TX

#16 Jun 11, 2009
Lazybones wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Charles, you must really be new to Royse City. One day you are going to drive by J. D. Newell Auctioneers and see cars and trailers parked all along the highway service road and lo and behold an auction will be taking place. If you would look their number up in the phone book and call they will even give you the date and time. Yes it's junkie, it doesn't take much to recognize that, but it is a legitimate business never the less
Mayor,

Based on your campaign promises, you appear to be all talk and no action! Exactlty, what many of us expected from you.
Lazybones

Grand Prairie, TX

#17 Jun 11, 2009
To all the marvelous people on this blog, what campaign promises are you referring to? It's Lazybones not Lazyboy that would be an overstuffed chair. Please explain what you expected me to have accomplished in the first 4 weeks. Where's all the junk in Royse City that you are using to come up with your new nickname? More can be accomplished with your help and not your condescending attitude. Here is the Bible scripture from my morning devotional, maybe it can help you.
Ephesians 5 Verse 30 –32 Get rid of all bitterness, all passion and anger, harsh words, slander, and malice of every kind. In place of these, be kind to one another, compassionate, and mutually forgiving, just as God has forgiven you in Christ.

Since: Dec 08

Dallas, TX

#18 Jun 11, 2009
Looks like an auction is scheduled for tomorrow. From what I can tell from their website auctions don't take place in Royse City so RC must be the place the stuff is stored and then transported to the various other cities where the auctions are held.
With any luck tomorrow a big chuck of the stuff will be cleared out.
http://www.jdnewell.com/buyer/about.htm

Lazybones miracles are expected, you should know that by now.:-) So get out your magic wand and fix all of the crap that has been done over the last few years. ha ha
Marvelous Family

Dallas, TX

#19 Jun 11, 2009
RC Mom of 2 wrote:
Looks like an auction is scheduled for tomorrow. From what I can tell from their website auctions don't take place in Royse City so RC must be the place the stuff is stored and then transported to the various other cities where the auctions are held.
With any luck tomorrow a big chuck of the stuff will be cleared out.
http://www.jdnewell.com/buyer/about.htm
Lazybones miracles are expected, you should know that by now.:-) So get out your magic wand and fix all of the crap that has been done over the last few years. ha ha
If the auctions do not take place at their location and they only store the junk. The time has come for the citizens to band together and shut em down!!!! Thanks, our letters and open record requests to the county will bombard the county offices.

Since: Feb 09

Dallas, TX

#20 Jun 11, 2009
Hey Ray I have read the letter that has been submitted and I have talked to the City manager about everyones concerns. I agree with you all. It is not in the City but is in our ETJ. We are talking with Fate and Commissioner Magness to see what we can do to solve this issue. The problem is JD Newell was here before we took office and he is operating a business and is not breaking any laws. We can not infringe on his rights so we have to figure how to solve this matter. The county does not have the same rules and regulations as we do thats why he positioned himself outside the city limits years ago. I assure you all we are looking into it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Royse City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What store would you like to see come to Rockwall? (Mar '09) 2 hr yuck 123
Church of Christ truths Dec 22 Mike_Peterson 30
Door to Door Meat Scam? (Mar '09) Dec 22 angel 339
Rockwall justice of peace convicted in capital ... Dec 19 Watching 2
New congresscritter John Ratcliffe.... Dec 18 NormanRockwall 2
Randy Earl Parks saves mans life Dec 17 thank you sir 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595

Royse City News Video

Royse City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Royse City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Royse City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Royse City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:17 am PST