Comments
1 - 20 of 126 Comments Last updated Aug 2, 2012
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
New2town

Terrell, TX

#1 Jul 28, 2012
My family is looking for a church in the area. We have heard about quest church from people we've met in town. We want to know more than what we heard so far. All we know is it's different and modern. Any thoughts?
dont do it

Arlington, TX

#2 Jul 28, 2012
New2town wrote:
My family is looking for a church in the area. We have heard about quest church from people we've met in town. We want to know more than what we heard so far. All we know is it's different and modern. Any thoughts?
Just stay far far away from the church of christ!!! Beware!
COC

Caddo Mills, TX

#3 Jul 28, 2012
New2town wrote:

gbntv.org

How about a church which you can find in the Bible?

How about a church which does not charge people for DVDs?

How about a church which has no earthly headquarters?

How about a church which uses the Bible as their only creed?

thetruthinlove.com

You can watch "The Truth in Love" TV program each Sunday morning on the Dallas channels. I think it comes on about 7:30 am on ch. 52. That is using a antenna.

If we can help just let us know.

immersedintochrist@yahoo.com
nope

Forney, TX

#4 Jul 28, 2012
COC wrote:
<quoted text> gbntv.org

thetruthinlove.com

You can watch "The Truth in Love" TV program each Sunday morning on the Dallas channels. I think it comes on about 7:30 am on ch. 52. That is using a antenna.

You won't find it in any COC. They don't even agree with each other, moreover the Bible. The members (namely the preacher) of the RCcoC have no interest on God's word or the way he demands we live. They/he is only interested in inciting arguments and pushing people away from Christ. BEWARE!!!!
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#5 Jul 28, 2012
COC wrote:
<quoted text>
gbntv.org
thetruthinlove.com
I was a part of the same group of churches where thetruthinlove was first founded in ft worth. I would rather buy dvd's from a loving church than get 10 free
from a church which seeks to place people under bondage...

Try this one with the same name: http://www.truthinlovevancouver.com/statement...
Just stop already

Arlington, TX

#6 Jul 28, 2012
COC wrote:
<quoted text> gbntv.org

thetruthinlove.com

Lies, lies, lies!
New2town

Terrell, TX

#7 Jul 28, 2012
COC wrote:
<quoted text>
gbntv.org
thetruthinlove.com
Thanks but no thanks. We want an "earthly headquarters". We believe in the Bible and it clearly says we shall gather with others in His name to bring Him glory. Besides that the last thing my child needs is more tv.

Since: Apr 10

Royse City via Richardson, tx

#8 Jul 29, 2012
gateway holds services at stonebrook learning center. it is small, but nice.

please don't get confused by this forum. some think their church is the only 'true' church. best to check it out yourself. also, no matter your color, new hope baptist is a great church with lots of love.

God bless you on your search.
Stan Pinkham

Rockwall, TX

#9 Jul 29, 2012
We would welcome you to visit us at The Fellowship at First Baptist.

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

#10 Jul 29, 2012
New2town wrote:
It's just another Baptist church.

Come and hear the truth.

www.roysecitycoc.org
you freak

Burleson, TX

#11 Jul 29, 2012
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>It's just another Baptist church.

Come and hear the truth.

www.roysecitycoc.org
Go Away! Leave all us normal religions alone! I am so sick of the coc and am sure you all are going to hell not heaven like you think.
GBNTVorg

Caddo Mills, TX

#12 Jul 29, 2012
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't find it in any COC. They don't even agree with each other, moreover the Bible. The members (namely the preacher) of the RCcoC have no interest on God's word or the way he demands we live. They/he is only interested in inciting arguments and pushing people away from Christ. BEWARE!!!!
Translation --- you do not agree with what Heath teaches.

People speak of tolerance and "agreeing to disagree" until some one refuses to play that "agree to disagree" game with you. Then those who are so loving and tolerant of others show their teeth.

Here is what I purpose, see what Heath teaches and go to the Bible and read each verse and if Heath is not teaching the same thing as what you can read in the NT, reject Heath's teachings. But on the other-hand if you find Heath is teaching the truth found in the NT submit to that truth.

I have heard Heath tell people if he is not in the true church someone please show him the true church. That is not the words of a person who is closed minded.

He is willing to search any information given him in light of the word of God.(Acts 17:11)(Jn 5:39)(1Jn 4:1-6).

So really what is happening is a smear campaign by certain people who reject truth. this is nothing new.

17 But that it spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name.(Acts 4:17)

gbntv.org

gbntv.org
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#13 Jul 29, 2012
GBNTVorg wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation --- you do not agree with what Heath teaches.
People speak of tolerance and "agreeing to disagree" until some one refuses to play that "agree to disagree" game with you. Then those who are so loving and tolerant of others show their teeth.
Here is what I purpose, see what Heath teaches and go to the Bible and read each verse and if Heath is not teaching the same thing as what you can read in the NT, reject Heath's teachings. But on the other-hand if you find Heath is teaching the truth found in the NT submit to that truth.
I have heard Heath tell people if he is not in the true church someone please show him the true church. That is not the words of a person who is closed minded.
He is willing to search any information given him in light of the word of God.(Acts 17:11)(Jn 5:39)(1Jn 4:1-6).
So really what is happening is a smear campaign by certain people who reject truth. this is nothing new.
17 But that it spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name.(Acts 4:17)
gbntv.org
gbntv.org
you freak

Burleson, TX

#14 Jul 29, 2012
GBNTVorg wrote:
<quoted text>Translation --- you do not agree with what Heath teaches.

gbntv.org

gbntv.org
Their Tactics

The Church of Christ denomination uses four main tactics in debating their pet doctrines. These tactics are generally used by all cultic groups. They are:

1. Change the subject
2. Take scripture out of context
3. Straw man arguments
4. Ad hominem attacks (attacking you instead of the issue)

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

#15 Jul 30, 2012
you freak wrote:
<quoted text>Their Tactics

The Church of Christ denomination uses four main tactics in debating their pet doctrines. These tactics are generally used by all cultic groups. They are:

1. Change the subject
2. Take scripture out of context
3. Straw man arguments
4. Ad hominem attacks (attacking you instead of the issue)
So sad to see you eaten up with bitterness.

Come to the truth.

www.roysecitycoc.org
you freak

Burleson, TX

#16 Jul 30, 2012
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>So sad to see you eaten up with bitterness.

Come to the truth.

www.roysecitycoc.org
HahHaha, the only bitterness I have is toward people who think they are better than the rest of us mere mortals such as yourself. You are so delusional it is hilarious. Get a clue!
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#17 Jul 30, 2012
Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.

Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.

Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.

There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.

Followers feel they can never be "good enough".

The group/leader is always right.

The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Heath is Johnny's student and leader.

Check these threads:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/martinsville-...
heartandmind

Europe

#18 Jul 30, 2012
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
So sad to see you eaten up with bitterness.
Come to the truth.
www.roysecitycoc.org
"coming to the truth" would mean keeping entirely clear of you and any services you preach at or in.
Apple

Burleson, TX

#19 Jul 30, 2012
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>"coming to the truth" would mean keeping entirely clear of you and any services you preach at or in.
Can I get an AMEN for that!!!!
yep

Euless, TX

#20 Jul 30, 2012
Apple wrote:
<quoted text>Can I get an AMEN for that!!!!
AMEN!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Royse City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 23 min fubar 17,858
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Jenks 22,274
New development in RC 16 hr Husker-n- RC 11
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 17 hr Gasman 663
Sweetwater Creek Grill on 276 18 hr Husker-n- RC 7
scott clements homes (Sep '13) 19 hr uh 55
Charlie's Hamburgers Wed look 3
•••

Royse City News Video

•••
Royse City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Royse City Jobs

•••