Include "third party" presidential ca...

Include "third party" presidential candidates in the 2012 debates?

Created by swithin on Aug 12, 2012

12 votes

Click on an option to vote

No.

No, even if they do meet the 15% polling rule.

Yes.

Yes, only if they meet the current rules.

Yes, if on some state ballots regardless of polls.

Yes, if on every state ballot.

Yes, at least in the first few debates.

I have no opinion

Yes, but see my comment.

No, but see my comment.

Crystal Gulbranson

Ames, IA

#1 Aug 30, 2012
I really think they should because if we had they debate with the other candidates then we will know their views and I think it is a good that they put out advertisements and commercials about them as well. Because if Romney and Obama put out commercials about the third party candidates because if Romney and Obama say something negative about them, we would look more into them and if people didn't want to vote for either Obama or Romney then we could vote for our favorite third party candidate.
Glen

Weirton, WV

#2 Sep 14, 2012
3rd party candidates should have a role in the debates if they are on the ballot in at least 47 states. The majority of American people are calling for change in laws, equalities and civil liberties. Adding another candidate to the debates would allow them to express their views. I mean if they are on the ballot, the voters should hear him. Enough of the two party debates already, lets have some democracy please! Gary Johnson is on all 50 states ballots (with 3 in court but the GOP is just wasting their time, the signatures were handed in) and I would like to hear what he has to offer during the debates. We know what Obama has to offer, we've seen Romney more than enough to hear him flip flop and avoid questions, lets hear someone else thats on the ballot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Royersford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St. Eleanor's priest on the list of 21 suspende... (Mar '11) Mon Carly 25
News Allentown Fair's new contests and demonstrations Sep 24 weapon X 3
News Former Residents Protest Planned Pennhurst Asyl... (Sep '10) Sep '17 weapon X 34
Eagle sightings on Collergeville or Skippack (May '11) Sep '17 Dump Democrats ... 18
Daniel Gregor (Nov '11) Aug '17 Maskedbeauty 2
Trappe Village Apartments (Jan '09) Aug '17 Maskedbeauty 58
Apartments across from Trappe Tavern (Jul '09) Aug '17 Maskedbeauty 168

Royersford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Royersford Mortgages