Police ID Victim in Fatal Motorcycle ...

Police ID Victim in Fatal Motorcycle Accident

There are 59 comments on the Patch.com story from Apr 10, 2011, titled Police ID Victim in Fatal Motorcycle Accident. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Frederick Carfagno, 54, of Royersford, was traveling west on a Harley Davidson motorcycle on Schuylkill Road, Route 724, when a Jeep Liberty driven by Tamara Treadway of Spring City turned into a business in the 500 block of Schuylkill Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jon nachsin

Collegeville, PA

#1 Apr 11, 2011
Speed my ass! She should have never made the turn if it was questionable at all!!!!!! People can't wait an extra second to turn. Same thing happened 2 me and my girlfriend but in a car! Some old lady turned right in front of us and we hit her. The police said even if someone is speeding it's up to the person turning to judge!!!Point blank!!! Enough said!!!!
okay

United States

#2 Apr 11, 2011
You weren't there u have no idea what happened no one does but the police will investigate
katie girl

Wallingford, PA

#3 Apr 11, 2011
I heard from someone at the scene, that speed was indeed a factor. The motorcyclist was going 80 mph and DID NOT have a motorcycle license. I would think that a man who lost his son in a motorcycle accident would know better than that.
jon nachsin

Collegeville, PA

#4 Apr 13, 2011
Come on people! Do u really think it's o.k. 2 turn in front of someone if an accident could happen? People can't wait 2 seconds if it's at all questionable!Plus I knew both Fred and his son. I live a mile away from the accident! Speeding or not, like I said before,It's the drivers responsibility to judge if a turn can be safely made! If you thought an accident could happen would u turn? Thought so!!!
jon nachsin

Collegeville, PA

#5 Apr 13, 2011
Plus! Fred has been riding for 35 yrs. I think he was quit capable license or not!
dave meade

Springfield, PA

#6 Apr 13, 2011
Investigators found that the motorcyclist was in fact going approximately 80 miles an hour. And I agree with Kate girl. The man lost his son in a motorcycle accident, AND another man was killed AT his son's funeral for God's sake. He should have known better. Being capable doesn't matter, you still need a motorcycle license to operate a motorcycle. Now he's dead, so it doesn't really matter does it? What does matter is that there was a child in that car who now has to deal with what he witnessed on that terrible day, and two families who are now feeling the effects of this incident.
okay

United States

#7 Apr 13, 2011
Wow u r all about rules with cars and turning but not the fact its illegal to drive without a license makes no sense u weren't there u don't know what happened she had her kid in car she wouldn't risk his life to turn
jon nachsin

Collegeville, PA

#8 Apr 13, 2011
No I was not at the scene.But it's nothing but straight road! I know the area very well! Plus I know the garage he left right before it happened! She could and should have seen him! Plus I'm sure he had his current permit and thats all u need!Why is so hard 4 u 2 understand that no one should turn in front of anyone car or motorcycle if an accident is possible!People r in too much of a hurry just 2 cut in front of someone! Common freakin sense!!!Don't GO!!
jon nachsin

Collegeville, PA

#9 Apr 13, 2011
The operator going straight has the right away! Speeding or not!!!Bad judgement is the one at fault!!!
katie girl

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Apr 13, 2011
You're right, people are in too much of a hurry. That's why he was going 80.
jon nachsin

Collegeville, PA

#11 Apr 13, 2011
You just don't get it! Speeding or not! How many times have u seen people speeding and did u pull out in front of them? Being a cautious driver is the bottom line!! I get he may have been slightly speeding if it's true. I did'nt see any article saying so.You need 2 be careful period. You need 2 be able 2 judge if u have enough time 2 turn safely!

“People smell funny.”

Since: Nov 07

East Vincent, PA

#12 Apr 13, 2011
jon nachsin wrote:
You just don't get it! Speeding or not! How many times have u seen people speeding and did u pull out in front of them? Being a cautious driver is the bottom line!! I get he may have been slightly speeding if it's true. I did'nt see any article saying so.You need 2 be careful period. You need 2 be able 2 judge if u have enough time 2 turn safely!
The problem may be that she didn't see him simply because he WAS speeding. It was a cloudy day, he's on a bike most likely without his headlights on, going almost twice the legal speed limit for the area. It's kinda hard to judge the speed of someone on a bike, let alone someone who isn't handling the bike in a safe manner.

I realize the deceased gentleman was your friend, but you need to realize he was in the wrong, and as a result, he lost his life. Had he been traveling the speed limit and driving the bike in a safe and legal way, he'd probably still be alive, and no harm would be done to either of these families.

We "get" it. You, however, don't seem to.
jon nachsin

Collegeville, PA

#13 Apr 13, 2011
Your all right! Because you all Probably drive the same way too! You said it yourself. It's kinda hard 2 judge the speed! So Wait!!!!Speeding or not. What's he invisible?Come on!!!
jon nachsin

Collegeville, PA

#14 Apr 13, 2011
Bad DRIVING! Bad Decision!! Probably froze!!!Too Late!!!Should'nt have tried 2 turn! What now!!! ACCIDENT!!!
jon nachsin

Collegeville, PA

#15 Apr 13, 2011
Blame it on the biker!!! I would'nt be suprised if a cell phone was involved!!!Texting maybe!!!Who knows!!No one was paying attention thats 4 sure!!!
jon nachsin

Collegeville, PA

#16 Apr 13, 2011
Straight away riding. Someone turning in front of u coming the opposite direction.Who yields? Who has the decision 2 make? Maybe they did'nt see him! Then who's fault is it? The weather was no factor!Speed is 2 be judged by the person turning!Like I said if at all questionable DON'T TURN IN FRONT OF ANYONE!
jon nachsin

Collegeville, PA

#17 Apr 13, 2011
Where did this 80mph come from anyway? What article of what newspaper? Please post 4 me....And this licese thing! You don't need a license 2 ride. You can have a permit and ride alone!!!

“People smell funny.”

Since: Nov 07

East Vincent, PA

#18 Apr 13, 2011
You're grieving, Jon. Take a step back, take time to regroup, take time to grieve. You weren't there, either, and we're all basing everything on speculation. We'll find out by the end of this week what happened.
AROD

Wayne, PA

#19 Apr 13, 2011
Whether he was speeding or not, whether she was in a hurry to turn or just didn't see him- none of us know for sure. In the end, he is dead and that lady and her kid have to live with that horrible memory.
Sounds like both made bad choices- her turning in front of him, and him riding way too fast and possibly without the proper license.
It's so sad, but hopefully a good lesson for all of us.
okay

United States

#20 Apr 13, 2011
You def don't get it! If he was speeding she may not have seen him until it was late and I know the area to don't speculate she was texting or on phone she had a child in the car so speeding is okay but not turning when u see no one u r quick to judge one sided m wa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Royersford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Westside Apartments & Shopping Nov 8 scullycompany 1
Collegeville Music Thread (May '12) Nov 6 Musikologist 21
I'm negative Oct '16 Welltodo 1
Solar and wind power (May '13) Oct '16 nine9fingers 4
Who keeps setting off fireworks in Trappe? Oct '16 Trapped 1
Apartments across from Trappe Tavern (Jul '09) Oct '16 Tony 166
Westfield 41 Apartments Oct '16 westfield41 1

Royersford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance