Spring-Ford School District new super...

Spring-Ford School District new superintendent

Posted in the Royersford Forum

Educate

Philadelphia, PA

#1 May 12, 2011
Question.

Is he the same man or simply someone with the identical name that thetimestribune.com reported in Oct. 2006 was charged with driving under the influence, driving on a suspended operatorís license?
rofo for life

Jenkintown, PA

#2 May 13, 2011
different guy. This guy is from PA and has been here his whole life according to an article from when he was up for the same position in North Central PA.
Genex3

Lincolnton, NC

#3 May 13, 2011
Maybe it is the same man.
He could have been on vacation in Indiana or Kentucky at the time of the arrest. If it is him then it could be a big problem for the school district. What kind of message would a DUI arrest send to staff, students and parents? This is prom weekend and kids are being told that drinking and driving can be a deadly combo.
rofo for life

Jenkintown, PA

#4 May 13, 2011
Do you really think he would have been hired in Connellsville, PA with that on his record. Also if was him it could be example of giving people second chances. It isn't him so stop worrying about it. If it was don't you think the Mercury would have uncovered that by now.
rofo for life

Jenkintown, PA

#5 May 13, 2011
Besides this guy was 31 years old and they guy they hired has been in education for over 30 years according to the press release that was on the Mercury's site yesterday.
Genex3

Devon, PA

#6 May 14, 2011
Maybe the age 31 was a mistake from the Police notice received by the paper.

And as far as second chances go DUI is very serious and can injure or even kill other drivers or people just going for a walk. Besides, what HS student is going to listen to advice not to drink and drive if they hear that message coming from a DUI adult.

The springford district should tell parents if this new superintendent is the same man in the newspaper or not.
rofo for life

Wallingford, PA

#7 May 14, 2011
He isn't because I am sure if it was Connellsville would have either fired him or not hired him. I understand DUI's are serious. DUI's offenders are the best people to give advice to high school kids about drinking and driving. I remember when I attended SF they brought people in through the Sheriff's department for the D.A.R.E program. A DUI offender would be a great person to bring in right around prom time. Do you have evidence that this is the same person. Because I work with a guy who has the exact same name as the Superintendent but it isn't the same guy. Also a DUI conviction would come out in the hiring process through a background check. I also believe DUI convictions in the this state or another for people in education is a offense that is fire able. I know when I was in college kids who were Education majors were very careful were they were when partying and how they got home. If you are dead set on this guy being the same person go to the meeting Monday with all your evidence proving that this is the exact same guy. Also be careful on what you say because what you are saying isn't true can be considered as slander and he could file a lawsuit against you. Or maybe you are they guy who the district thankfully rejected after the residents met him.
Suburban Hillbilly

Phoenixville, PA

#8 May 16, 2011
I'm sure glad I had the opportunity to meet him in an open forum instead of on the night they're scheduled to vote to hire him.
rofo for life

Philadelphia, PA

#9 May 17, 2011
I think it is poor that they didn't have a special night to meet with him like they did with the other candidate. They are paying this guy $165,000 with a $5,000 relocation bonus. So he is getting a $57,000 raise over his current job at a district that is almost as big as SF. That $57,000 should have been enough incentive for him to come here that they didn't need to give him $5,000 to move here. Once you figure in his Benefits this guy is going to be making over $200,000 if you use the same benefit package that the district tries to rip the Teachers for having.
Suburban Hillbilly

Phoenixville, PA

#10 May 17, 2011
Rumor has it there will be a meet and greet on May 26th. Not a fan of the board just hiring without the public having a chance to talk to him though...
Genex3

Philadelphia, PA

#11 May 17, 2011
Why did the school board vote to hire the new superintendent before the community got a chance to meet him first? They introduced their other finalist to staff and the public. It does not make sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Royersford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St. Eleanor's priest on the list of 21 suspende... (Mar '11) Oct '17 Carly 25
News Allentown Fair's new contests and demonstrations Sep '17 weapon X 3
News Former Residents Protest Planned Pennhurst Asyl... (Sep '10) Sep '17 weapon X 34
Eagle sightings on Collergeville or Skippack (May '11) Sep '17 Dump Democrats ... 18
Daniel Gregor (Nov '11) Aug '17 Maskedbeauty 2
Trappe Village Apartments (Jan '09) Aug '17 Maskedbeauty 58
Apartments across from Trappe Tavern (Jul '09) Aug '17 Maskedbeauty 168

Royersford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Royersford Mortgages