Province denies coverage for blind bo...

Province denies coverage for blind boy treated in U.S.

There are 2 comments on the Globe and Mail story from May 22, 2012, titled Province denies coverage for blind boy treated in U.S.. In it, Globe and Mail reports that:

Kristina Reid wishes this for her two-year-old son Liam: To see the mature trees that line their street, and his own blond curly hair but mostly, to see his two older brothers, his father and her.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Globe and Mail.

gormar

Three Hills, Canada

#1 Jun 8, 2012
If this treatment prevents the boys blindness, surely the combined people of Canada can come up with $5k twice a year. An account of some kind to compile donations may be all that is needed to quarantee treatments proceed while the bureaucrates find a way to do the right thing. It's difficult to believe, though, that the Reids were correctly informed by medical advisors that Canada doesn't have the best surgeons in the world.
Deborah

Peterborough, Canada

#3 Jun 13, 2012
How much is the surgery? Is it then $5,000 twice a year for follow-ups?

Just wondering what total cost is, which I am sure is nothing compared to what the Government wastes everyday!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Royal Oak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Right-wing fringe group building multimedia emp... Mon Logic Analysis 1
Hate group. Sun Yuma15 1
clawson manor Feb 18 Polo 2
Feds Feb 15 michele 1
News Hazel Park Man found guilty in murder of friend Feb 11 michele 1
News Ex-Catholic teacher pleads guilty to sex with s... (May '15) Feb 5 Pope Phart 28
Michael fletcher Feb 5 Michele 1

Royal Oak Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Royal Oak Mortgages