First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Alan R

Jersey City, NJ

#22 Feb 9, 2012
Upon reading these posts, I cant help but become sentimental about the amount of time I spent at Tiny Tim's and it was a lot of time. As a kid, I loved the slot cars but Tiny Tim's also had the best selection of model cars around. Man do I miss that place, they just dont make them like that anymore.
I distinctly remember finally being able to be big enough to race on the big track. Once that goal was reached I distinctly remember deliberately trying to race my car so fast that it would launch itself off the track into turn 1.
Good times.
Mark Duncan

Hollywood, FL

#23 Jul 30, 2012
I too went to tiny Tim's on Woodward the tracks I raced on were the imperial , monarch and the Windsor before there was a track that had steering wheels I raced a pretty fast car group 15 motor silicone tires also bought rocket supplies miss those good old days 60's early 70's
jerry

Westland, MI

#24 Nov 1, 2013
Dave,
where was it located, exactly? Do you have any pictures of it? check out facebook - woodward avenue - back in the day. thanks, mayor jerry
Paul Smallwood

Phoenix, AZ

#25 Dec 12, 2013
what a wonderful place to go...I WAS INTO THE MODEL ROCKETS AND MY FRIEND WAS DOING THE SLOT CARS...WPOULD SPEND ALL DAY STAURDAY WATCHING THE BIG BOYS RACE THEIR CARS...THANKS TO YOUR DAD FOR HAVING SUCH A COOL PLACE...I WAS THERE CIRCA 1970
BobR

Ann Arbor, MI

#26 Mar 22, 2014
I used to go to Tiny Tim's on my lunch hour with friends from work and race HO slotcars with them. Then a friend talked me into getting into the larger cars and we used to go there on race night and take all the blue ribbons.(It was one of the few things I was actually good at.) They finally asked us to stop entering so someone else could win for a change... that was a really great place to spend some time and make some friends.

I also joined the model rocket club that was sponsored out of Tiny Tim's (the "Wolverine Rocketeers of Detroit") and made some lifelong friends there too.

Miss those days...
garyH

Royal Oak, MI

#27 Oct 24, 2014
Dave L wrote:
My family owned Timy Tim's and we closed the place in 1985 after 20years of being in business. The only commercial that I recall was one we made for the Oak Drive-in advertising our store. We sold the tracks to a couple of guys in Detroit who were going to open a store but never heard if they did or not. The reason my dad opened the store was because he wanted a nicer place for kids to go to than the Grove in downtown Royal Oak. The Grove didn't care if you swore or smoked and my dad didn't like that, thus Tiny Tims, a place you could bring the whole family.
Do you have any photos of Tiny Tims?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Royal Oak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Owner accused of selling drugs at party story (Oct '09) 2 hr Dorothy 111
Do you approve of Jim Ellison as Mayor? (Dec '13) Dec 7 ilovekarma 6
did u know its illegal to live with yr boyfrien... Dec 4 anynonomus 1
Why did white men mix with so many black women ... (Aug '08) Dec 1 Bruce Nkap 338
Road workers head back to the salt mines Nov 30 Steve 2
Watch: School Official Says 'Just Shoot' Studen... Nov 26 Basket Case 1
St. Mary Magdalen School closes after 75 years (Jul '07) Nov '14 Kevin Carr 7
Royal Oak Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Royal Oak People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Royal Oak News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Royal Oak

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]