91 out-of-state killers paroled here

Danny R. Rouse, the man police say admitted killing a Northern Indiana teen-age girl who was the subject of an Amber Alert this week, is one of 91 murderers on parole from other states living in Indiana. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Who-s Idea Was This

United States

#1 Nov 3, 2006
The first paragraph of this article says it all -- Transferring prisoners--real bad guys-- from state to state is a scary game of Monoply.(I'll trade you one killer for 20 years for one rapist for 50) Does Indiana need the money that badly? Take these private run prisons away! THis is not a case of "Not in my back yard"...this is frighteningly dangerous.
Kenny

Peru, IN

#2 Nov 3, 2006
All these politicians on their soap box preaching, "I'll do this" or "I promise you...", let's see them do something about this! For once they should put their political differences aside, work together and do what's right for the people! Keep these felons OUT!
Carl

Fort Wayne, IN

#3 Nov 3, 2006
He felt he had killed a woman who rejected his advances and did not want any witnesses so he cut the sleeping boys throat. Then pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity. We as a socity are insane to allow such people to get out once convicted, and a death sentence should have ended his life, and we would not be having a funeral for a girl who stopped to help a fellow worker.
Richard

United States

#4 Nov 3, 2006
I just don't understand WHY a person sliting the throat of an another human being, let alonge a 5 year old boy would EVER be let out of prison. It just doesn't make common sense to me. Either life without parole or my preference, the death penalty.
Freedom Lover

Louisville, KY

#5 Nov 3, 2006
The problenm I see here is not that there is a law requiring one state take the parolee's from another state. The problem is that there are laws that allow murderers, rapists and child molestors back on the streets at all.

These people should be locked up until the end of their natural life.
MeMyselfandI

Louisville, KY

#6 Nov 3, 2006
Who-s Idea Was This wrote:
The first paragraph of this article says it all -- Transferring prisoners--real bad guys-- from state to state is a scary game of Monoply.(I'll trade you one killer for 20 years for one rapist for 50) Does Indiana need the money that badly? Take these private run prisons away! THis is not a case of "Not in my back yard"...this is frighteningly dangerous.
This has nothing to do with private prisons. It's about parolee's being sent to other states to re-offend. Please pay attention.
hotrod

AOL

#7 Nov 3, 2006
Good Morning Everybody,
Welcome to the truth. To trials in Marion County that I went two were already x-cons on attempted murder and rape and armed robbery and now 2 people are dead from the result of their release. We the people need to try and change something because, the system is not working for the victim but, is working for criminals. This is not just happening in New Jersey it is state to state. Look it up at Marion County Sheriff's department if you no someone in jail it well tell the background of thier criminal history. Their are very few inmates that do not have a past. sad, sad, sad.
Young Black and Educated

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Nov 3, 2006
Read the passage taken from the article below.. How in the heck are 31 children going to be found because of the alert, but only 25 alerts were issued. Someones Lying...

AMBER ALERT SYSTEM DEBUTED IN 2003

February 2003: Amber Alert is initiated in Indiana.

78: The number of requests for an alert since then.

25: The number of alerts issued.

31: The number of children who were located alive because of those alerts.

3: The number of children found dead.

Source: Indiana State Police
karen

AOL

#9 Nov 3, 2006
Sorry Death Roll is a Joke. They sit there for many years. How many of you no that if you kill someone that you have to meet certian laws that you are able to get the death sentence. You must have killed a child under the age of 12 years old and have killed more than one persons. This is sad because, I don't think that age should matter. This is someones child weather 12 or older. I found this out at my best friends daughters trial. I was shocked. I just do not get the systems rules and regulations but, get this they want to put a man away for 60 years over a lottery ticket. He didn't take a life. How can we say that our most valued possession is life. If we keep letting these monster's out and I say we because only we can change the laws. I feel bad for all the family's that have to go through the system to find out that the system they thought would work for them dosen't.
moveout07

San Francisco, CA

#10 Nov 3, 2006
we have a sex offender registry, how about a registry for murders. That way it will be easier for the vigilantes to track them down for proper justice they have coming.
info

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Nov 3, 2006
Some of the alerts may have involved multiple children in one alert.
Young Black and Educated wrote:
Read the passage taken from the article below.. How in the heck are 31 children going to be found because of the alert, but only 25 alerts were issued. Someones Lying...
miss thang

Cloverdale, IN

#12 Nov 3, 2006
I think that is not right for murders to be released for any reason u killed someone an thats not right. I believe u should get life if you kill someone for no reason. If u have a good reason for killing someone then i can see you getting released but if you did it to tickle your fantasy an be sick you should get life in prison or the shot. Thats my view of it.
adl

Argos, IN

#14 Nov 3, 2006
I think there were 31 kids found from 25 alerts being issued. Have you ever thought that maybe multiple kids (brother-sister, etc) were issued on the same alert....Use your head. The Amber Alert system is not the issue here. The issue is why the hell this guy was out in the first place? The Kansas parole board let this girl (and all of America) down on this one.
Courtney

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Nov 3, 2006
One alert can be issued for several children, hence the discrepancy
Deputy Dogg

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Nov 3, 2006
This just goes to show that life in prison does not always mean till death. Its a shame that anothe ryoung victim was taken by this person. He and those like him should never be allowed to see the light of day again. Americans have become lazy and are too forgiving. Once again this is what happens when we fail to come toghter for a common cause. My heart goes out to the family and my prayers will be for you and for American justice. Lets fix this one before another child becomes victim to this senless crime.
Deputy Dogg

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Nov 3, 2006
moveout07 wrote:
we have a sex offender registry, how about a registry for murders. That way it will be easier for the vigilantes to track them down for proper justice they have coming.
I say why have a registry. Leave them in prisoin where they belong. They have nothing to offer but fear and death to those who oppose them. It your kind of thinking that allows people like this to be released. Sex offender registery does not work nor will a "murder Registary" Get Real Leave Them In Prision...
Kerry D

Washington, DC

#18 Nov 3, 2006
A man stabs a woman nearly to death and cuts the throat of a sleeping child and only serves 26 years. This make no sense to me. I am sure his family regrets their request for his release.

Does anyone know what his original sentence was?
Jessica

Quincy, MA

#19 Nov 3, 2006
This stupid SOB is here from Kansas, where he was serving a life sentence for killing a 5 year old and attempting to kill his mother. note i said a LIFE sentence. Yet he was paroled. why? good question.
When this dude was sent here, kansas officials told indiana officials that he had medical and MENTAL problems and needed to be monitored closely, which officials seemed to be doing. But question-did this man go through some sort of psychiatric evaluation before he was released into society? If he had a history of mental problems, especially while he was incarcerated and about to be paroled (still don't understand why), he needed to have an extensive psychiatric evaluation. At least in my opinion.
If murderers are being paroled early from LIFE sentences and distributed throughout the country into general population, why are they not forced to register? Frankly i believe that if you are convicted of any felony you should be registered. I mean, sex offenders have to be in the state registry so their neighborhoods are aware. Why are murderers not given this same treatment? i mean, isn't murder worse than sex offending? you're taking a life. Granted registering won't keep them from killing again, but it at least lets the population aware to be more alert. it's proven that about half of offenders will reoffend. the recedivism rate is huge! make these bastards register so that the population knows where they are. Better yet, leave them in prison, stick em on an island like alcatraz, something. there is no reason a 16 yr old girl should be dead. that's ridiculous. i think it should be an eye for an eye. you kill, sorry bout ya, have fun burning in hell. Murderers should have no rights, aside from the ones they can have in prison. Free educations..come on? I paid $80,000 to get my college degree, yet prisoners are getting them for free? Ridiculous. It's almost like punishment for being an upstanding citizen. the government needs to be rethinking their policies.
Violet McGee

Beech Grove, IN

#20 Nov 3, 2006
I know it is not how they wrote the story, but the numbers say we give away more convicts then we get.

clip
The state has taken 3,595 convicts from elsewhere and placed 4,532 offenders in other states, including convicted murderers.

and on top of that we get only 1.5 percent of the convicts in the country.

This is a good thing.
kelly

United States

#21 Nov 3, 2006
How sad it is that this had to happen. Why can't we pass a law that if you are convicted of murder, molestation or rape you NEVER get out of jail? Personally i think we should just hang them all but that would never work so lets just keep them locked up forever. I think it wold save a lot of money and a lot of heartache for a lot of people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Royal Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Oct '14 freetek 32
the biggest dating webs ite in the world free (Sep '13) Sep '13 Guadalupe Pellissier 1
wow check th is one out! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Steven Prueter 1
Who do you support for State House in Indiana (... (Oct '10) Oct '10 harold 4
Monticello Twilight 10U Tryouts (Aug '10) Aug '10 shyfly 1
Police blotter (Nov '08) Nov '08 eaa 1
Police blotter (Oct '08) Oct '08 blkft9166 1
Royal Center Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Royal Center People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Royal Center News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Royal Center

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:26 pm PST

NFL12:26PM
Trestman on Cutler benching: I think we need a spark
Yahoo! Sports12:48 PM
Jay Cutler wants to stay in Chicago, but will the Bears keep him?
NBC Sports 1:35 PM
Jimmy Clausen: 'Gained knowledge' since last start in 2010
NBC Sports 1:50 PM
Marc Trestman: 'I think we need a lift at quarterback'
ESPN 2:17 PM
Cutler: 'Crossed my mind' Bears tenure over