Entitlement - Eviscerate the Proletariat
hmmmmm

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Jun 18, 2013
very well said, Other Bar Owner!
QueenieMeanie

Belleville, IL

#23 Jun 18, 2013
I'm with Blind Fury - I am SO tired of people ripping on this city! If You don't like it, MOVE! If moving is not an option for you, improve your situation. Get a job, clean your house and yard, make your surroundings more to your liking. Put on some gloves and grab a trashbag and pick up trash in your neighborhood and alleys. If you hate your neighbors,(the disruptive kind), have the police do something about it. Tired of the druggies? Call the Cops. Or, do as I do - as soon as you see a scumbag dealer, start yelling your ever loving head off at them. He / she most likely won't retaliate, it will be bad for business. My point is, if you don't like your lot in life, DO SOMETHING! Quit waiting for the day to come when "they" do something. Wake up and realize that you ARE "them"!!!!
other bar owner

Saint Louis, MO

#24 Jun 18, 2013
hmmmmm wrote:
very well said, Other Bar Owner!
I know how tough the road is in front of them. Like I said, I wish them the best of luck.
yob

O Fallon, MO

#25 Jun 18, 2013
NatureBoy6 wrote:
IMO, if your business is so strapped for money that you have to make ppl buy sodas or any drinks with food orders, then you shouldn't advertise $1 burgers.
For one its a bait and switch, not as such advertised until you probably sit down and get the menu or informed so by an employee, so the $1 burger instantly becomes the $2.25+ burger.
Secondly, how are you gonna tell me I can't eat your food unless I follow certain guidelines first? What if I only drink water? Or god forbid I'm one of the only ones who doesn't drink alcohol in this town. I understand the premise of "if you don't like how we operate then don't come here" but I don't think anyone has the right to make you order something just to eat your food.
They have the right to refuse service to any one for any reason. When you enter you are a guest nothing more, nothing less. You are not owed anything except good service in exchange for your good behavior and the cost of doing business. If you don't like it then you should do as one previous poster already said.... go somewhere else as I'm sure you won't be missed,
yob

O Fallon, MO

#26 Jun 18, 2013
mahz wrote:
You are sitting around the POS dive bars in this town and then applying the lessons you learn from watching the POS drunken little monkeys to the entire town? You ever stop to think that maybe you're just scum, hanging around scummy bars?
The coward has spoken again. Although you have the right to remain silent, you surely lack the ability.
mahz

Saint Louis, MO

#27 Jun 18, 2013
Blind Fury wrote:
I get tired of people ripping on GC as though it's a bad place to live. With the exception of Edwardsville our median household income is greater than that of many surrounding communities.
Fact is people who complain that their city sucks are truly just miserable people. They'll be unhappy wherever they go.
You sound like a cubs fan. "Our team doesn't suck. We will win the series one day. This is our year."

Maybe if you weren't blind, you would see this town the same way everyone else does?
pfft

Granite City, IL

#28 Jun 18, 2013
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a cubs fan. "Our team doesn't suck. We will win the series one day. This is our year."
Maybe if you weren't blind, you would see this town the same way everyone else does?
Don't mind Mahz...clearly she is PMS'g yet again/still.

Mahz, WTF are you doing here? Judging from your posts, you hate the town, you hate the people, you just HATE in general.

Do you just drop in to stir the pot and see how many haters you can amass? I'm pretty sure you're the current "champ" of that, Champ.
exactly

Edmond, OK

#29 Jun 18, 2013
He or she is the BIGGEST beeeeeach! You don't belong in this town! For the love of everone, take your negative a$$ out of our all white town loser!!!!!!! God, I hate you!!
The aristocrat

Matawan, NJ

#30 Jun 18, 2013
Ahh Mahz. The tiniest of the proletariat class. I have to refer to you as such because, when Karl Marx wrote The Communist Manifesto (which you've probably never read nor heard of but that's another discussion for your feeble mind), your class of low moral standard and no social/work ethic did not exist. You were not allowed to be existent. You would have died off from natural selection. The social net of Medicaid has caught you and coddled you. That is what makes it difficult for you to understand the educated. You have never had to understand or be responsible out of necessity.
Please continue to live your life with blinders upon both eyes. When the trickle down that you really on dries up and you have to fend for yourself you will see you banter is neither witty or stimulating. You will shrivel away much like a grape that someone did not tend to in the summers heat.
You are filled with hate because you are one that believes they have the right to entitlement. Your food, healthcare, and other basic necessities will continue to be placed in front of you much like an invalid receives meals. If it weren't done in such a manner you would riot in the streets, not out of anger, but out of fear because the thought of self sufficiency without government assistance is a way of life you will never know.
With regards,
The Aristocrat
mahz

Saint Louis, MO

#31 Jun 18, 2013
exactly wrote:
He or she is the BIGGEST beeeeeach! You don't belong in this town! For the love of everone, take your negative a$$ out of our all white town loser!!!!!!! God, I hate you!!
All white town?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
exactly

Edmond, OK

#32 Jun 18, 2013
The aristocrat wrote:
Ahh Mahz. The tiniest of the proletariat class. I have to refer to you as such because, when Karl Marx wrote The Communist Manifesto (which you've probably never read nor heard of but that's another discussion for your feeble mind), your class of low moral standard and no social/work ethic did not exist. You were not allowed to be existent. You would have died off from natural selection. The social net of Medicaid has caught you and coddled you. That is what makes it difficult for you to understand the educated. You have never had to
understand or be responsible out of necessity.

Please continue to live your life with blinders upon both eyes. When the trickle down that you really on dries up and you have to fend for yourself you will see you banter is neither witty or stimulating. You will shrivel away much like a grape that someone did not tend to in the summers heat.
You are filled with hate because you are one that believes they have the right to entitlement. Your food,
healthcare, and other basic necessities will continue to be placed in front of you much like an invalid
receives meals. If it weren't done in such a manner you would riot in the streets, not out of anger, but out
of fear because the thought of self sufficiency without government assistance is a way of life you will
never know.

With regards,
The Aristocrat
Beautifully said! That was like poetry.... you're very intelligent to say the least! Impressive!! On GC topix I would've never thought? One like you gives one hope.:)
Blind Fury

United States

#33 Jun 19, 2013
Mahz, when are you moving out of GC? Because that's what people do, they fix their problems. If you're miserable, and it's no fault of your own, but instead the fault of Granite, then certainly you're moving. Right?

Certainly you're not just picking out potential scapegoats for your problem so that you can have an excuse to sit idle and do nothing about them.
mahz

Saint Louis, MO

#34 Jun 19, 2013
The aristocrat wrote:
Ahh Mahz. The tiniest of the proletariat class. I have to refer to you as such because, when Karl Marx wrote The Communist Manifesto (which you've probably never read nor heard of but that's another discussion for your feeble mind), your class of low moral standard and no social/work ethic did not exist. You were not allowed to be existent. You would have died off from natural selection. The social net of Medicaid has caught you and coddled you. That is what makes it difficult for you to understand the educated. You have never had to understand or be responsible out of necessity.
You are filled with hate because you are one that believes they have the right to entitlement. Your food, healthcare, and other basic necessities will continue to be placed in front of you much like an invalid receives meals. If it weren't done in such a manner you would riot in the streets, not out of anger, but out of fear because the thought of self sufficiency without government assistance is a way of life you will never know.
With regards,
The Aristocrat
That's cute. Completely and totally wrong, but I'm sure you're used to that.

Hate to be the one who breaks this to you sweety, but I'm not on any form of public assistance. I own several houses and pay property taxes as well as income taxes. I'm the one supporting your family members. You know, the white trash that you were born into and now act like you were never a part of?

I will never understand the educated? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !
mahz

Saint Louis, MO

#35 Jun 19, 2013
Blind Fury wrote:
Mahz, when are you moving out of GC? Because that's what people do, they fix their problems. If you're miserable, and it's no fault of your own, but instead the fault of Granite, then certainly you're moving. Right?
Certainly you're not just picking out potential scapegoats for your problem so that you can have an excuse to sit idle and do nothing about them.
Poor blind guy. Certainly you know what a run-on sentence is right?

Certainly you understand that this isn't my problem right? Why do you think that somehow your white trash town and the maggots festering about within it are my problem?
OMG

Granite City, IL

#36 Jun 19, 2013
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cute. Completely and totally wrong, but I'm sure you're used to that.
Hate to be the one who breaks this to you sweety, but I'm not on any form of public assistance. I own several houses and pay property taxes as well as income taxes. I'm the one supporting your family members. You know, the white trash that you were born into and now act like you were never a part of?
I will never understand the educated? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !
I would bet anything you're a slum lord. Yes, now it all makes sense. You are a huge part of this town's problems. Thanks Mahz. Just when I thought my opinion of you couldn't possibly be any lower you went and proved me wrong.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH yourself! That's a true sign of class, NOT.
mahz

Saint Louis, MO

#37 Jun 19, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
I would bet anything you're a slum lord. Yes, now it all makes sense. You are a huge part of this town's problems. Thanks Mahz. Just when I thought my opinion of you couldn't possibly be any lower you went and proved me wrong.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH yourself! That's a true sign of class, NOT.
The whole reason I come here is to watch you imbeciles try to figure me out. You fall short every time and then try to ascribe motivations to me based on your myopic, white trash view of the world. It keeps me laughing.
mahz

Saint Louis, MO

#38 Jun 19, 2013
and you'd lose that bet sweety.
OMG

Granite City, IL

#39 Jun 19, 2013
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole reason I come here is to watch you imbeciles try to figure me out. You fall short every time and then try to ascribe motivations to me based on your myopic, white trash view of the world. It keeps me laughing.
Your life must be quite thrilling. <Sarcasm>

You are actually very pathetic and I feel sorry for you. I hope you're able to find peace and get over your anger issues and need for attention, even if it is negative attention, eventually.

My IQ is 140. I'm far from an imbecile, but nice try. I'm also as far from "white trash" as one could possibly be.

I'm simply not going to waste any more of my time on you but you have fun with your cries for attention...
mahz

Saint Louis, MO

#40 Jun 19, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Your life must be quite thrilling. <Sarcasm>
You are actually very pathetic and I feel sorry for you. I hope you're able to find peace and get over your anger issues and need for attention, even if it is negative attention, eventually.
My IQ is 140. I'm far from an imbecile, but nice try. I'm also as far from "white trash" as one could possibly be.
I'm simply not going to waste any more of my time on you but you have fun with your cries for attention...
Yeah, sure it is and I'm the King of England. Lying little sack.

It's funny that you think my life is pathetic. I'm better than you in every conceivable or measurable way sweety. Yes, you are white trash. You're just too stupid to get it. Where'd you take that IQ test? Online? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Blind Fury

United States

#42 Jun 20, 2013
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor blind guy. Certainly you know what a run-on sentence is right?
Certainly you understand that this isn't my problem right? Why do you think that somehow your white trash town and the maggots festering about within it are my problem?
There was no run-on sentence in that post. There was in fact a sentence fragment. However, Iíll save my grammatically perfect writing for my doctoral dissertation and speak on web forums as people speak in person.(Blind + dissertation, there goes my anonymity).
I just fail to understand how you can get on a web forum, be negative, put everyone down, and still feel youíre better than others. Apparently happiness doesnít factor into supremacy over others.
If you believe the types of people you complain about donít live in other communities I urge you to move elsewhere in an attempt to avoid them. Youíll discover very quickly theyíre everywhere. Granite has a significant advantage over other communities in that we have the cash cow in that US Steelís most profitable (per capita) location is here in GC. We have a place in which kids coming straight out of high school can go make a decent wage. We have a community college in our backyard, are a stoneís throw from SIUE, and have business jobs just across the river. We also have one of the most successful school districts in the area. Not to sound republican (take that aristocrat), but we also have low property taxes when compared to surrounding communities.
The original post to start this thread complained of the people you complained about. However, the poster took the time to point out those people were the minority. Iíll go a step further and state those people exist everywhere.
Iíll go ahead and agree that we have hoosiers living in this town. But I will not say they are the majority, or that they do not exist elsewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roxana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
North Korea 18 min Idol Reject 4
Why do blacks try to justify violence? 19 min Idol Reject 4
GC MLFS over 40 1 hr Licks delucious 22
Is Jessica Spink out of jail 2 hr Screw it 26
Skinny Dipping 4 hr mahz 23
Fight night 9 hr Tyler Durden 7
Anyone see the Hell Angel's in Granite City (Jun '10) 9 hr Idol Reject 142

Roxana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance