Harbor Heights
Lago Vista Resident

Dallas, TX

#1 Sep 25, 2012
According to the developers website, the project was supposed to be completed by Fall 2012. I don't think that is going to happen.

Just curious if anyone knows if its on hold or going to be completed? Thanks.
Sideline

Rockwall, TX

#2 Sep 26, 2012
They had some issues with design changes but to my knowledge are intent on completing the first tower with the possibility of constructing a second tower. It was the possibility of a second tower that required reconfiguring the design of the first tower and slowed the project down.
Frank J

Rockwall, TX

#3 Sep 26, 2012
Is the project supposed to be complete by the first of the year? Isn't the taxable value of the building supposed to pay for the 10,000,000 dollars in debt the city issued? What happens if the value isn't on the ground?
CRE prof

Rockwall, TX

#4 Sep 26, 2012
No leases = No bank $$
No building activity = no leases
Catch 22
Developers typically need 30-50% cash in on proj of this size. If its a 10 mil project and they don't have 3-5 mil to put up. No bank will touch a 9-10 mil loan without leases in place or 5 mil equity.
Lago Vista Resident

Dallas, TX

#5 Sep 26, 2012
Thanks Sideline.
godaddy

Rockwall, TX

#6 Oct 2, 2012
Is the building with rents at $30.00 a foot?
un-Trendy Tower

Rockwall, TX

#7 Nov 25, 2012
For Interested Observer who posted a question under thread "Trend Tower:"
See the above discussions about the formerly beautiful hillside between Horizon Road and Culpepper's. I would like to know more about the City's portion (mine and yours) of the project and how much it's going to cost us.
why?

Rockwall, TX

#8 Nov 26, 2012
un-Trendy Tower wrote:
See the above discussions about the formerly beautiful hillside between Horizon Road and Culpepper's. I would like to know more about the City's portion (mine and yours) of the project and how much it's going to cost us.
The "formerly beautiful hillside" never belonged to you or the city of Rockwall.
Eye of the Beholder

San Antonio, TX

#9 Nov 26, 2012
un-Trendy Tower wrote:
Beautiful hillside. You have got to be kidding me. It was an ugly slope with dry grass and some scrub. Definitley not what you consider attractive. You need to get out of North Texas and look at some real beauty.
real beauty?

Rockwall, TX

#10 Nov 26, 2012
Eye of the Beholder wrote:
<quoted text>Beautiful hillside. You have got to be kidding me. It was an ugly slope with dry grass and some scrub. Definitley not what you consider attractive. You need to get out of North Texas and look at some real beauty.
Like the girls on the Aggie Campus?
Interested Observer

Rockwall, TX

#11 Dec 4, 2012
Eye of the Beholder wrote:
<quoted text>Beautiful hillside. You have got to be kidding me. It was an ugly slope with dry grass and some scrub. Definitley not what you consider attractive. You need to get out of North Texas and look at some real beauty.
Perhaps it wasn't the most scenic natural scene in the world, but it certainly looked nicer in its native state that it does now. It would be nice if the owner/developer could have gotten his plans and financing in order before breaking ground so we wouldn't have an eyesore to look at while this project hangs in apparent limbo indefinitely.
too bad

Rockwall, TX

#12 Dec 5, 2012
Interested Observer wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps it wasn't the most scenic natural scene in the world, but it certainly looked nicer in its native state that it does now. It would be nice if the owner/developer could have gotten his plans and financing in order before breaking ground so we wouldn't have an eyesore to look at while this project hangs in apparent limbo indefinitely.
Why do you care?
rockabilly

Rockwall, TX

#13 Dec 5, 2012
We care because we live here, pay taxes, and watch our City Fathers fund developers who do not have the resources to develop quality properties.
un-Trendy Tower

Rockwall, TX

#14 Dec 5, 2012
[QUOTE who="why?"]<quote d text>
The "formerly beautiful hillside" never belonged to you or the city of Rockwall.
[/QUOTE]

In connection with this project, the city was going to build a parking garage. I'm fairly certain that some of the infrastructure was funded by city tax money. That gives me an "interest" in the hillside.
Also it was one of the last pieces of high-visibility lake view property.
rockabilly

Rockwall, TX

#15 Dec 7, 2012
A bad trend like the Harbor development which was too much for this City to absorb; you can't put in eight restaurants into a community with the "wealth" of Rockwall and then evict the struggling restaurants; Celebrity Bakery, Blue Canyon, The French Restaurant, The Thai Restaurant, Blue Canyon, Hamburger Paradise, the Coffee House; sorry can't remember the proper names. This creates an abandoned, foreclosed, haunted house atmosphere which repels customers.
Look at the rent Trend tower wants; compare it to other rents for office space in Rockwall.
No Good

Lake Geneva, WI

#16 Dec 7, 2012
Each restaurant you mentioned went out of business because they were poorly operated, turned out a sub par product or both. The well run restaurants are still there after 5 years.
idiot

Lockhart, TX

#17 Dec 8, 2012
No Good wrote:
Each restaurant you mentioned went out of business because they were poorly operated, turned out a sub par product or both. The well run restaurants are still there after 5 years.
Whatever.... Those restaurants just mix their margaritas stronger...
Bone Head

San Antonio, TX

#18 Dec 10, 2012
idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever.... Those restaurants just mix their margaritas stronger...
Yes...Whatever it takes to please the customer. The Point is those restaurants are still there and the others are not.
steveoh

Rockwall, TX

#19 Dec 21, 2012
Well, you can thank R0b Whittle for the abandon projects, he took your tax money and ran....

Now he wants to do it again with a Heath Yacht Club, yeah right!?!?
rockman

Rockwall, TX

#20 Jan 1, 2013
The problem is that there is too much coziness between the developers and the city governments and not enough transparency in this decision making for the zoning changes, the plan approvals, the taxpayer contributions; for example, the fountain at the Harbor, is way too large and it wasted a good deal of leasable property for this feature; adequate parking was not provided for; and the idea of a movie theater with a lake view is nuts; for better planned projects look at the Allen Center or Watters Creek.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowlett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Were There Two Different Jesuses? 26 min indict AIPAC 9
Principal Management Group and HOA's 32 min PULTE is a RICO 2
XL Parts 12 hr Shelly French 1
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 15 hr WarForOil 9,881
Bare Minerals makeup! 17 hr Hmmmm 1
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) Jul 23 Princess Hey 1,553
Is Rowlett A Nice Place To Live? (May '11) Dec '16 Alex 5

Rowlett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance