Eli Krebs

United States

#147 Mar 17, 2013
Windows installed in 2008, Had one that glass fractured in (2011) Atrium Came out & replaced
entire window- within 30 days.(No Cost)

Had another window in 2012, Spring that holds window up, Popped out. Atrium, Came out & repaired
within 30 days.
(No Cost)
Mary

Phoenix, AZ

#149 Apr 11, 2013
I heard there is a class action lawsuit against atrium windows. Does anyone know where I can find this info?
Shane K

Marysville, OH

#150 Apr 29, 2013
We built a new house and the lumber yard recommended Atrium ( Modern View ). We have the mold issue, but the worst issue is the wind coming thru the windows can blow a match out. I had the area sales rep come out and was told that all windows leak. A service rep came out and he said these were the best windows they make and he was surprised they leaked. He admited that they did leak. He done a couple of things to try and stop it but it didn't help. A few days later the factory called and said there was nothing else they could do. Now my lumber yard said the only fix is to put on storm windows.Really?? I guess I should have spent a little more and went with a better name brand. I would not recommend these windows.
Robert W

Challis, ID

#151 May 21, 2013
I own a small motel and about 9 yrs ago replaced 12 aluminum windows with Atrium vinyl. Had never seen vinyl used in commercial applications but could find no reason why not. Installed myself-very difficult install through frame into studs on 3 sides. Had to remove fin. Not a single problem with windows. Glide is fine, no air leaks, still look like new. Right after install, one outer pane mysteriously cracked. Atrium rep drove 240 miles to change window - no charge. Purchased from Builders Supply.
Deb

United States

#152 Jun 3, 2013
We are installing atrium series 450 are they any good?
Gary Keller

Peoria, AZ

#153 Jun 6, 2013
Stay away from this Company and their products. My home is 7 years old, I have 23 windows of and in 15 the seals are out. Some of these were identified by a home inspection when I purchased the home 3 years ago. The prior owner contacted Atrium, set up an inspection and a replacement but no one was home when they showed up because I was not notified. When I attempted to reschedule, no one answered the phone and you could only leave messages. Number never worked and after getting a new number from a neighbor, I contacted Atrium and was informed that they would not honor the 10 year warranty because I was now the new owner. Stay away from this company because their products are absolutely terrible and their service is even worse. Again, 15 windows out of 25 are defective after 5 years says it all!
Sick

Greensburg, PA

#154 Aug 5, 2013
The only thing worse than Atrium windows are their service. I purchased 21 new windows and 4 of them do not work ---3 do not open and another will not close. It has been over 2 months trying to get a rep out and we must first get a "report" which does not seem to happen. He did call and give me 15 minutes notice and when I told him I needed an hour to get to my house from work he said no and I had to wait another 4 weeks. He has still not come. BAD BAD BAD.$8,000 for windows and another $8000 for installation and interior trim and my best option might be replacing them.
Atrium

Frisco, TX

#155 Aug 13, 2013
OJ Higgins wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the email of who I am dealing with on the windows in my home. They are horrible. They have so much moisture, mildew and fog in them you can't even see through them. Good Luck. [email protected]
Miss Higgins are you ever going to post a comment on the how your issue was handled?
Sick

Greensburg, PA

#156 Aug 17, 2013
Sick wrote:
The only thing worse than Atrium windows are their service. I purchased 21 new windows and 4 of them do not work ---3 do not open and another will not close. It has been over 2 months trying to get a rep out and we must first get a "report" which does not seem to happen. He did call and give me 15 minutes notice and when I told him I needed an hour to get to my house from work he said no and I had to wait another 4 weeks. He has still not come. BAD BAD BAD.$8,000 for windows and another $8000 for installation and interior trim and my best option might be replacing them.
I must give credit where and when it is due. After confusion getting a rep to look at my windows he arrived and fixed my problems in less than 15 minutes to my satisfaction. He was a perfect gentleman---very neat and knowledgable. I must say I am now very satisfyed. I was frustrated and he was able to look at my situation and completely fix the minor problems that I thought to be huge.
Ron

Waterloo, IA

#157 Aug 18, 2013
sgoodwin wrote:
I am very unhappy with my Atrium windows. In fact, I wish I had never replaced my old and beautiful wooden windows ( even though they were 30 plus years old with storms, I was warm in the winter and cool in the summer.). I primarily bought new ones for the convenience of cleaning, etc. I hardly open any windows as I have central air and obviously I don't keep them open in the winter.( New England weather ) As I sit her typing this, my nose, hands, and feet are cold. I also have a comforter on my lap to keep warm.I was told that the installer was the problem, so I paid almost $1300 to have the windows properly sealed with insulation, etc. Still sit here cold. I am a retired teacher, so this kind of expense ( the windows and the fixing up )is very difficult. My next resort is to try to get the company to stand by their product, but from the previous comments, I'm not feeling too optimistic. Wish me luck. Also, why do some companies take advantage of people?
Your windows were most likely not installed properly. I'd guess 90% or better problems with windows are installers fault. You bought windows from someone and should go back to them for problems. We just had a problem with a customer that had problems with ALL their windows and patio door that was installed by their installer. They had top of the line Atrium 8900 windows and patio door. Does anyone but this owner really believe the problem is with the product? Our store installs these all the time with no problems. Folks their are ALOT of lousy installers out their and you can Google any window company out there and see the same things you see here. Also do you really expect these companies to make a trip out to your house for free even when it's the installers fault or for a humidity problem that NO company warranties against? They'd all go broke if they did.
John

Vancouver, WA

#158 Sep 11, 2013
Mary wrote:
I heard there is a class action lawsuit against atrium windows. Does anyone know where I can find this info?
Let us know if you find out anything about this lawsuit. thanks!
john

Vancouver, WA

#159 Sep 11, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
We built a new house in 2010 and our builder recommended these windows saying that he's put them in million dollar houses and thought they were a good value. Anyway, we trusted him and shouldn't have when it came to the windows. The condensation on the windows during the winter is horrible (and not it's no because we have too much humidity in the house!)
The windows make the house colder than it should be. The double pane glass used is thin and hardly reduces any sound coming from outside. As a result of all the condensation I have to regularly wipe the windows down and also try to kill the mold that builds up.
The build quality is horrible as well and the latch is flimsy. I"m trying to save up money to replace them all as they have been a nightmare.
john

Vancouver, WA

#160 Sep 11, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot to mention that the beads make a snapping noise during the warmer months as they expand and contract which is annoying as well.
Glad to hear that they no longer make the 2000 series.
Sick

Greensburg, PA

#161 Oct 23, 2013
Back to my original thought---the only thing worse than their windows is their service. On August 17 I was told a service tech would be out to correct the last problem and to date---2 months later---I have not heard from him.
I must give credit where and when it is due. After confusion getting a rep to look at my windows he arrived and fixed my problems in less than 15 minutes to my satisfaction. He was a perfect gentleman---very neat and knowledgable. I must say I am now very satisfyed. I was frustrated and he was able to look at my situation and completely fix the minor problems that I thought to be huge.
Ting

Tustin, CA

#162 Dec 4, 2013
Does anyone know the grade of Atrium Aspiration collection? Is it a lowest/builders grade or mid-grade?
Does anyone have the experience with this window?
phill m

Federal Way, WA

#163 Dec 26, 2013
All I can say about a trim windows and doors turnove over to Better maybe the Better Business Bureau ca they have very very bad qualit and a very bad workmanshi they should not be out on th they should not be out on the market for windo how to install in you how to install in your house for the people o for the people out there that has the most problems with their windows Better Business Bureau might hel hav Better Business Bureau might have more complaints and more complaints and that's what a tram windows and door and that's what a tram windows and doors needs is better busines is better business bureau so take your complaints to Better Business it might hel it might help you Phil sorrI feel sorry for you al
Sal

Herrin, IL

#164 Jan 6, 2014
JT in Texas wrote:
I recently bought a home that has Atrium windows. After five months of 10+ windows leaking through every southeast Texas rainstorm, I am in the process of getting all 30 windows replaced. A dang shame when you spend so much money on a home and you have CRAP installed in your house and have to deal with all the hassle to get them replaced. But these days, it always seems to be the consumers fault! Thanks for the posts and I totally agree with the majority of you on these windows.
What type of window replacements did you decided to go with?
Jim

Satellite Beach, FL

#165 Jan 7, 2014
Atrium doors and widows throughout my home…I take 100% of the blame as I should have insisted on better products. Shame on me for not knowing better. After less than 4 years, almost all screws in the aluminum frames have rusted. 8 windows have leaked at one time or another. Today, there's a huge stress crack in one of the larger fixed frames. Atrium moved out of FL so I had o write an email to their corporate folks for help. Well, one good thing…corporate responded quickly…responded with no help, no guarantee, no warrantee or golf tee. I was informed I had to get a local glass company to repair. Thanks Atrium. What a great company…take no responsibility.
Jon

Mesquite, TX

#166 Feb 6, 2014
Atruim are fine on higher end most sales people sale you the lower end cause pulp try to save buck .
Anonymous

Parker, CO

#167 Feb 14, 2014
We bought a new Richmond home in Aurora less than 3 years ago and have had to replace 4 windows so far because the seals failed. When I call Atrium, I get the standard line "Our warranty is only for one year then you have to pay labor". When I ask them 'what does it say about the quality of your windows when they fail in 3 years in a new house'. Atrium's response is "I'm not going to debate about the quality of our windows. Our warranty is only for one year then you have to pay labor". I spoke with a manager a year ago on our 3rd window replacement and he said that his windows met the specs of the housing developer. Previously, we had simply paid the $140 to have the window replaced and have never really discussed this type of thing with our neighbors, but I think I need to pursue this more and see how many neighbors have had to replace their Atrium windows. It could be that there might be a class action law-suit if these crappy windows have been installed in other homes around me and not just in my home. The last development we built a home in had a class action lawsuit for their window installations.

Very disappointing to have to be doing this in under 3 years. The worst is Atrium is providing the window replacement but not the labor to install. So do I get to look forward to replacing the crappy windows AGAIN in 3 years? Hopefully not, but if I do, I will have to consider a higher quality window.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Locals catch 10-foot mako (Aug '07) 5 min gondolaride 43
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 5 hr Davis 6,866
News Wanted man fatally shoots himself during stando... (Jan '10) 8 hr Your Momma 78
Tom Is Even Fatter Now 17 hr Quickly Vanquished 3
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr Brew In 32,590
Jehovah Witness's A Sex Cult (Oct '09) Sat Angel 43
News Man convicted in bizarre South El Monte home br... Sat Christsharian Col... 1

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages