Police: West Covina Woman Fatally Sho...

Police: West Covina Woman Fatally Shot In Home

There are 37 comments on the KNBC Los Angeles story from Mar 19, 2008, titled Police: West Covina Woman Fatally Shot In Home. In it, KNBC Los Angeles reports that:

A woman was found shot to death Wednesday in her upscale home in the Covina Hills area by deputies sent to the residence on a report of a burglary in progress, sheriff's officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNBC Los Angeles.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kevin

United States

#21 Mar 21, 2008
we are all equal wrote:
<quoted text> HOW SAD FOR SUCH A TRAGIC CRIME,,HOW MUCH MORE TRAGIC FOR SMALL MINDED PEOPLE TO BLAME A WHOLE CULTURE FOR AN INDIVIDUALS ACTIONS. THERE IS VIOLENT CRIMINALS IN EVERY PART OF THE WORLD FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND RACES. IN MY OPINION ALL ARE CREATED BY INGNORANT MINDED GROWNUPS WHO DARE TO SPEAK SUCH RACIST COMMENTS TOWARDS ANY OTHER HUMAN.
Attend school much?
Angela

Long Beach, CA

#22 Mar 21, 2008
High iron gates? Security Cameras? Chased down and shot 5 times? Disgarded gun and gloves in an alley? Could this be murder for hire? I hope not. Whatever the case may be, it's really sad.
we are all equal

Alhambra, CA

#23 Mar 21, 2008
Kevin wrote:
<quoted text>
Attend school much?
BUT OFCOURSE,,WERE YOU NOT ONE OF MY CLASSMATES?

Since: Mar 08

Temecula, CA

#24 Mar 21, 2008
Angela wrote:
High iron gates? Security Cameras? Chased down and shot 5 times? Disgarded gun and gloves in an alley? Could this be murder for hire? I hope not. Whatever the case may be, it's really sad.
I've said it from the beginning...ITA
good samaritan

Beverly Hills, CA

#25 Mar 21, 2008
John Guz instigates arguments on almost every topic of this forum just for fun. So don't bother replying to his ignorant comments...

He is a looser!!!
upset parent

AOL

#26 Mar 21, 2008
IT'S A SHAME WE HAVE SCUM BAGS LIKE THESE GUYS THAT ARE ALLOWED TO WALK THE STREETS. HOW HORRIBLE FOR HER CHILDREN TO LEAVE FOR SCHOOL AND NOT HAVE A MOTHER TO COME HOME TO. MY HEART GOES OUT TO THIS WOMAN AND HER FAMILY. I JUST HOPE THAT IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING THEY WILL COME FORWARD SO THIS FAMILY CAN HAVE SOME FORM OF CLOSURE, IT'S OWED TO HER CHILDREN AT LEAST. UNFORTUNATLY WHEN THEY ARE CAUGHT IT WILL COST TAX PAYERS TO HOUSE THEM FOR MANY YEARS. TO BAD THIS ISN'T CHINA WHERE THEY WOULD BE TAKEN OUT AND TAKEN CARE OF WITHOUT COSTING THE SYSTEM. WHAT TYPE OF SICK DEMENTED MONSTER WOULD CHASE A WOMAN DOWN IN HER OWN HOME TO SHOOT AND KILL HER. LORD HELP THIS PLACE WE CALL EARTH, GOD KNOWS WE NEED IT. I AM SO SORRY FOR HER FAMILIES LOSS. MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO THEM!!!!
upset parent

AOL

#27 Mar 21, 2008
Angela wrote:
ACTUALLY I DON'T LIVE FAR FROM THE HOME AND THE GATES AREN'T THAT HIGH NEITHER IS THE WALL. THE GUN AND GLOVES WERE NOT FOUND IN AN ALLEY!!! THEY WERE FOUND AT THE END OF A PRIVATE ROAD IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD. ALSO IF YOU HAVE READ ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, YOU WOULD HAVE READ THERE IS A PRIVATE STREET THAT RUNS BEHIND THE HOME, NO ONE SAID THEY CAME IN FROM THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE..... THEY COULD HAVE SCALED OVER ANYWHERE AND HOW SICK MINDED YOU ARE TO PUT BLAME TOWARDS A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND OF THIS WOMANS IN SUCH A TIME!!! YOU ARE ONE SICK PUPPY....
upset parent

AOL

#28 Mar 21, 2008
my opinion wrote:
If the WCPD didn't hear the gun shots while on the phone with this woman they wouldn't of shown up for a GOOD couple hours!! I TOTALLY agree with "upset parent" why didn't the school contact us! the WCSD SUCKS!! I moved from the Pomona School District, you would think into a better school distrcit in West Covina...WRONG! The Police in this city the WORST, my husband went to file a report against some hoodlums that stole my sons skate board at a local park and was told he had to wait in the lobby of the station with a 3 year old for up to 3 hours before someone would be able to take the report. They refursede to come to the park!
WEST COVINA PD ISN'T HANDLING THE CASE. ALTHOUGH THE AREA IS WEST COVINA IT IS COUNTY AREA AND IT'S THE SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT THAT SHOWED UP AND IS INVESTIGATING.
upset parent

AOL

#29 Mar 21, 2008
shirleyfeeneymeeny wrote:
actually, parents were contacted via email AFTER the incident was over. I know this as my child is a student at SHHS. But this is the same school that felt it wasn't necessary to notify parents that a male teacher was under investigation for alleged sexual conduct with students...the investigation went on for MONTHS before he was arrested, and to date we've never been formally told anything.
Stop pointing fingers at the Hispanic community, and start thinking that maybe the husband DID have something to do with this. Anyone else find it interesting that the shooter wore gloves? And that it happened just after the husband left? And that the victim seems to have been sought out, and that there was nothing removed from the home? SHE was the target, as sick as that was. The economy is tanking and they were making two mortgage payments on two homes that sell for millions of dollars...
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that something is not kosher with this picture. does the word "hit" mean anything? Random my ass...
ACTUALLY PARENTS WEREN'T NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL AFTER IT WAS OVER!!! MY CHILD ALSO GOES TO SHHS AND I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY TYPE OF EMAIL. BESIDES EVEN IF THEY DID, I DON'T SIT IN FRONT OF A COMPUTER ALL DAY, SO IT WOULDN'T HAVE REALLY HELPED OUT MUCH IF THEY WERE STILL IN THE AREA AND I HAD A CHILD THAT HAD TO WALK HOME NOW DOES IT. THANK GOD MY CHILDREN DON'T HAVE TO WALK HOME....
IF YOU HAD GOTTEN AN EMAIL FROM THE SCHOOL ABOUT THIS I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHO YOUR SLEEPING WITH THAT WOULD MAKE YOU THAT SPECIAL???
aol

Sun City, CA

#30 Mar 22, 2008
My thoughts and prayers go out to this family. So tragic. I'm hispanic born and raised here. I work in the medical field and take care of people of all races. I love my job. My grandfather is caucasian and love him very much. There are bad people in every ethnicity. Oklahoma bombing, 9/11 and college campus shootings. It's not just one race, so sad to read these postings. We all come from one God. Take care.

Temecula, CA

#31 Mar 22, 2008
upset parent wrote:
<quoted text>
ACTUALLY I DON'T LIVE FAR FROM THE HOME AND THE GATES AREN'T THAT HIGH NEITHER IS THE WALL. THE GUN AND GLOVES WERE NOT FOUND IN AN ALLEY!!! THEY WERE FOUND AT THE END OF A PRIVATE ROAD IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD. ALSO IF YOU HAVE READ ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, YOU WOULD HAVE READ THERE IS A PRIVATE STREET THAT RUNS BEHIND THE HOME, NO ONE SAID THEY CAME IN FROM THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE..... THEY COULD HAVE SCALED OVER ANYWHERE AND HOW SICK MINDED YOU ARE TO PUT BLAME TOWARDS A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND OF THIS WOMANS IN SUCH A TIME!!! YOU ARE ONE SICK PUPPY....
um, are you SURE you live near the scene? because I do and the wall and gate ARE high. And you're going to be quite surprised when it is revealed that this WAS murder for hire...there's NO WAY it could have been random, and they had to call the security company in to open the gates for WCPD BECAUSE THE WALLS AND GATES WERE TOO HIGH TO SCALE. Wife is chased and shot AFTER her hubby leaves to show their 'other' home. How convienent for him...

Temecula, CA

#32 Mar 22, 2008
upset parent wrote:
<quoted text>
ACTUALLY PARENTS WEREN'T NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL AFTER IT WAS OVER!!! MY CHILD ALSO GOES TO SHHS AND I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY TYPE OF EMAIL. BESIDES EVEN IF THEY DID, I DON'T SIT IN FRONT OF A COMPUTER ALL DAY, SO IT WOULDN'T HAVE REALLY HELPED OUT MUCH IF THEY WERE STILL IN THE AREA AND I HAD A CHILD THAT HAD TO WALK HOME NOW DOES IT. THANK GOD MY CHILDREN DON'T HAVE TO WALK HOME....
IF YOU HAD GOTTEN AN EMAIL FROM THE SCHOOL ABOUT THIS I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHO YOUR SLEEPING WITH THAT WOULD MAKE YOU THAT SPECIAL???
THE EMAIL CAME THROUGH THE MINUTE THE LOCKDOWN WAS REMOVED. CHECK YOUR EMAIL AGAIN, SWEETIE...OR SIGN UP FOR IT TO BEGIN WITH. CALL THE SCHOOL. THEY WERE SENT OUT. I MAY BE A LOT OF THINGS, BUT I'M NOT A LIAR.
gary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#33 Mar 22, 2008
Has anyone thought that why would 3 males kill a women if they were their to rob the place it really isnt very hard to overpower a women with three men. either your a robber or a murderer, usually not both! Was it a robbery or were they they to kill her?????

Temecula, CA

#34 Mar 22, 2008
gary wrote:
Has anyone thought that why would 3 males kill a women if they were their to rob the place it really isnt very hard to overpower a women with three men. either your a robber or a murderer, usually not both! Was it a robbery or were they they to kill her?????
Witnesses said they THOUGHT they saw at least ONE person running from the home...It's a large street with a gated community across from the front of the home. Any witnesses would have had to have been behind the home...AND it has yet to be determined if anything was removed from the house...so the "robbery" theory is kind of a moot point right now, don't you think?
DeniseB

Corona, CA

#35 Mar 23, 2008
This is an extreme unfortunate situation. I definitely do not think that generalizing a race or people based upon this event is fair. Someone made a comment that there are other minority races that are hardworking. What does this mean? There are a lot of caucasion people who commit hate crimes all over the world including and not limited to still hanging african americans. The fact of the matter is an innocent lady lost her life for no reason and for that it's sad. All we can do is pray. The world is crazy and it's sad to say but we are headed to a recession if we are not already in one. The more the economy struggles the more crime increases. What a vicious cycle.
Heartfelt compassion

Redondo Beach, CA

#36 Mar 30, 2008
My colleague was a long-time friend of Ms. Hsiao Hsu. I wish to send my heartfelt compassion and prayers to her family. I cried thinking how her final moments in this life were filled with fear and anguish. Life is like a cloud that appears. Death is like a cloud that disappears. May she be remembered for the kindness and generosity she shared with others while her cloud appeared in the sky.
LORA

United States

#37 Feb 14, 2013
My child's principal left a recorded message he said 2B.Park High School Students jumped their school fence & ran from police they were both apprehended on West Covina Scbo campus so the lockdown was lifted, the call was received at 1:46pm. What liars. My child & her friend said they weren't even on lockdown today

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 min Trojan 35,556
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 1 hr Davis 10,771
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) Mon Raydubb 2,845
News Pence on Kim Jong Una s sister: I ignored her Mon C Kersey 1
Head Start (Sep '16) Mon Help teachers 2
townsmen gang (Dec '14) Feb 19 TSM Tadmore Stree... 56
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jan '18 Walls work 4,563

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages