Police: West Covina Woman Fatally Sho...

Police: West Covina Woman Fatally Shot In Home

There are 37 comments on the KNBC Los Angeles story from Mar 19, 2008, titled Police: West Covina Woman Fatally Shot In Home. In it, KNBC Los Angeles reports that:

A woman was found shot to death Wednesday in her upscale home in the Covina Hills area by deputies sent to the residence on a report of a burglary in progress, sheriff's officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNBC Los Angeles.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
upset parent

AOL

#1 Mar 19, 2008
My thoughts and prayers go out to this family. I can't believe something like this would happen in the middle of the day like this. My son attends high school right up the street from this home and they were on lockdown for a short time today.

But the school's excuse for the lockdown was they were looking for 3 guys that robbed a bank in covina. After about 30 or 40 minutes they were allowed to leave school and walk home, being told the guys had been caught.

What a crock of crap that the school knew there were suspects out there somewhere that were armed and had already killed someone else and they never contacted parents or anything.

I found out from a friend that lives around the victims home.

Since: Jan 08

United States

#2 Mar 20, 2008
No doubt she was the victim of violent Hispanic criminals.
Bill

United States

#3 Mar 20, 2008
With the economic slow down and the demand for day labors down, the only thing left is burglary. The Fed, State and Local governments should re-examin their policies on undocumented workers here. This lady could be a victim of violence from hispanic gangs with illegal alien status.
Carbuff

San Gabriel, CA

#4 Mar 20, 2008
Close the damn Mexican border. Deport all these Mexican low lifes back to their poor ass country. Other minorities are hard working people, who live an honest life. But these free loading Mexican always want a free lunch. I am sick of this crap. Look at the news, its always some Hispanic commiting all these senseless crimes and cramming our jail system why we tax payers pay the tab.
why

Hermosa Beach, CA

#5 Mar 20, 2008
F You Carbuff, races mother f
why

Hermosa Beach, CA

#6 Mar 20, 2008
I mean racist mother f
Perplexed

Covina, CA

#7 Mar 20, 2008
You know. This goes to show some of the ignorence in our world. There are lowley a**h*&%$ in all colors. People who would shoot you for $20. These people or pieces of crap that did this should pay for what they did. But sadly they will never comprehend the finality of what they have done unless it happened to their Mother.
Sandra

Fontana, CA

#8 Mar 20, 2008
"investigators are trying to determine if anything was taken" ???? Well, Yeah, HER LIFE!!!
Sandra

Fontana, CA

#9 Mar 20, 2008
"INVESTIGATORS ARE TRYING TO DETERMINE IF ANYTHING WAS TAKEN"???? WELL, YEAH!!!!!! HER LIFE!!!!
my opinion

Secaucus, NJ

#10 Mar 20, 2008
If the WCPD didn't hear the gun shots while on the phone with this woman they wouldn't of shown up for a GOOD couple hours!! I TOTALLY agree with "upset parent" why didn't the school contact us! the WCSD SUCKS!! I moved from the Pomona School District, you would think into a better school distrcit in West Covina...WRONG! The Police in this city the WORST, my husband went to file a report against some hoodlums that stole my sons skate board at a local park and was told he had to wait in the lobby of the station with a 3 year old for up to 3 hours before someone would be able to take the report. They refursede to come to the park!
my opinion

Secaucus, NJ

#11 Mar 20, 2008
Sorry for the typos...hard to keep composure, very upsetting situation!
Protect yourself first

Pasadena, CA

#12 Mar 20, 2008
Every individual needs to have the ability to protect themselves from personal harm (even if that means legally arming themselves at home). Calling 911 is important but it is even MORE important to be able to defend yourself with lethal force when necessary. Law enforcement responded within "minutes" but you need to be able to defend yourself immedately. Police only have the responsibility to protect the community as a whole, they do not have the responsibility (or the resources) to protect individuals.
For What Its Worth

Sherman Oaks, CA

#13 Mar 20, 2008
Just as there are bad apples in all ethnic groups there exists prejudice and ignorance in all groups. Hence we have the Bob Kanczers (or is it spelled CANCER?) and Carbuffs of the world whose perverted feelings fill their little minds with hate and anger towards people they don't know or understand.
John Guz

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Mar 21, 2008
For What Its Worth wrote:
Just as there are bad apples in all ethnic groups there exists prejudice and ignorance in all groups. Hence we have the Bob Kanczers (or is it spelled CANCER?) and Carbuffs of the world whose perverted feelings fill their little minds with hate and anger towards people they don't know or understand.
These people are of the same mind set of those that put the Jew in concentration camps in Nazi Germany.

There is only one solution to such ignorant ignoramuses of their ilk.

You can't negotiate with these people their minds are already made up and hard boiled as an egg.

They only understand violence.

And by God violence is what they will receive.

All racist beware!!

This is my Country.

I'm an American.

And I will fight these cowards to the very end.

The only end in sight is Victory!!
shirleyfeeneymee ny

Temecula, CA

#15 Mar 21, 2008
actually, parents were contacted via email AFTER the incident was over. I know this as my child is a student at SHHS. But this is the same school that felt it wasn't necessary to notify parents that a male teacher was under investigation for alleged sexual conduct with students...the investigation went on for MONTHS before he was arrested, and to date we've never been formally told anything.

Stop pointing fingers at the Hispanic community, and start thinking that maybe the husband DID have something to do with this. Anyone else find it interesting that the shooter wore gloves? And that it happened just after the husband left? And that the victim seems to have been sought out, and that there was nothing removed from the home? SHE was the target, as sick as that was. The economy is tanking and they were making two mortgage payments on two homes that sell for millions of dollars...

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that something is not kosher with this picture. does the word "hit" mean anything? Random my ass...
Lillian

Garden Grove, CA

#16 Mar 21, 2008
Bob Kanczer wrote:
Do you realize what a racist comment that is. Why would you assume that they are Hispanic?
As a Hispanic I am very much offended and would never say that about any other race.
I'll say a prayer for you. You seem to be in need of one.
Terrible News

United States

#17 Mar 21, 2008
Because of stories such as this, I live in fear everynight when my husband goes to work the nightshift for his job. I am a pregnant woman who sleeps at home with most of the lights on in my house, and have thought so many times about what would happen to me if I experienced what this woman suffered..a home invasion at night when she was alone. Each morning when I wake up I think..how lucky I am that "I survived another night". This is a terrible, abnormal way to think. My husband knows it but his job as an ER doctor requires him to work the night shift. I have actually looked for hiding places in my home should someone break in..and when I read stories like this, I just get sick. This woman could be your wife, mother, sister, daughter, coworker, best friend. It's just horrible. I hope they catch the scumbags who killed her.
Carbuff

San Gabriel, CA

#18 Mar 21, 2008
Lillian wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize what a racist comment that is. Why would you assume that they are Hispanic?
As a Hispanic I am very much offended and would never say that about any other race.
I'll say a prayer for you. You seem to be in need of one.
Because in the other news it stated that Hispanics committed the crime. He is just stating the facts.
Lynn

Hesperia, CA

#19 Mar 21, 2008
Crime of any kind is horrible. With the economy the way it is, we are going to see a rise in robberies and thefts. While robbery and theft should not excused, I wish these criminals would just take what they want and leave. Why kill on top of it? You see it a lot lately. Someone is murdered BEFORE the guy gives them what they want and even if they do give them what they want..they kill him anyway? WHY? Did these thugs have to shoot her? She was unarmed..she was calling for help..so just leave. Instead they take the time to chase her around and kill her...so rather than face robbery charges they elevate it to murder? I feel for her family....she was taken away from them because someone else felt they were entitled to what these people worked hard for.

Sick!
we are all equal

Alhambra, CA

#20 Mar 21, 2008
Bob Kanczer wrote:
HOW SAD FOR SUCH A TRAGIC CRIME,,HOW MUCH MORE TRAGIC FOR SMALL MINDED PEOPLE TO BLAME A WHOLE CULTURE FOR AN INDIVIDUALS ACTIONS. THERE IS VIOLENT CRIMINALS IN EVERY PART OF THE WORLD FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND RACES. IN MY OPINION ALL ARE CREATED BY INGNORANT MINDED GROWNUPS WHO DARE TO SPEAK SUCH RACIST COMMENTS TOWARDS ANY OTHER HUMAN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maclaren Hall childrens center or juvinile center (Dec '10) 1 hr momemaya 170
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 3 hr Reality Bites 6,735
Soccer League Field of Dreams and Corruption Fi... 4 hr Soccer will Pay 1
Lozano and Pacheco at City Hall Late Why 4 hr Gotcha 1
Baldwin Park City Manager next just like South ... 4 hr Fire City Manager 1
Pacheco made Tribune Headlines for Corruption 4 hr Pacheco Caught 1
News La Mirada doctor charged with sexual battery (Mar '10) 9 hr tellinitlikeitis 61

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages