Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park

Posted in the Rowland Heights Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Sep 2, 2012
La Palma Park, in Anaheim, at the corner of La Palma and Harbor, is full of homeless people, it is starting to look like MacArthur Park in Los Angeles, there needs to be a program to have charities go into La Palma Park and start helping the homeless people, they need to get the homeless people off of the streets and into shelters, and they can help get treatment for the homeless people who are mentally ill, and they can help the addicts to get into treatment, also the Vets can be helped to get into Veteran's homes, etc etc etc. While in shelters the people will have access to showers, and the shelters need to provide shampoo and soap and razors and toothbrushes and toothpaste and deodorant and stuff, and washers and dryers for laundry, the thrift stores also generally give vouchers for clothing to the homeless people so they can get nice clothes, and once they are clean many of them can hunt for a job, and there can be people to help them to create their resumes and help guide them on hunting for a job and filling out their applications, etc, and the shelters can provide them with an address and telephone number to use while job hunting. Etc etc etc. Also, many of the homeless people have friends and families in other places who can help them, and all that some of the homeless people need is a Greyhound bus ticket to another city where they can go to get help, so it would be good to offer the homeless people Greyhound bus tickets to another city, they are doing this in Florida and it is a successful program.

All of the various agencies and charities can work together as a team to get the homeless people off of the streets.

All the best,

Tony V.
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Sep 2, 2012
I sent a copy of this post to Anaheim City Hall, hopefully the homeless people at La Palma Park can be helped.

All the best,

Tony V.
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Sep 2, 2012
Here is the contact page for Anaheim City Hall in case you want to write to them pertaining this issue...

http://user.govoutreach.com/anaheim/support.p...
Tony

Corona, CA

#4 Sep 6, 2012
I received a response from Anaheim City Hall, hopefully they will forward my request to the right people...

----------

Hello Tony,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern. I'm going to forward your request on to Community Policing and the District Commander in charge of the area that La Palma Park is in.

Thank you,

Communications Supervisor Querry
Tony

Corona, CA

#5 Sep 6, 2012
Right now there are a lot of homeless people because of the bad economy, and more and more people are becoming homeless, there must be good programs to help the homeless people, the various agencies, and charities, and businesses such as Disneyland, all need to work together as a team to help the homeless people at La Palma Park.

All the best,

Tony V.
Tony

United States

#7 Sep 9, 2012
Here is a copy of another response which I received from the city of Anaheim...

----------

Dear Tony,

Hello Mr. Verley, this is Sgt. Mike Lozeau with the Central District Community Policing Team. My team is responsible for the La Palma Park area. The County of Orange has a ten year plan in place to eliminate homelessness in the county. They are about 5-6 years into this plan. One of the plan's effort is to open up a multi service center somewhere in the county to assist the homeless with getting off the streets and into programs to help them; which is what you are describing. You can research this 10 year plan on the internet. As of now, I do not know if the county has made a decision to open up a multi service center. You would have to contact the county. In the meantime, APD is researching different ways to help the homeless in getting off the streets and at the same time conduct enforcement to reduce the crimes associated with the homeless. As you can see this is long term complicated effort.

Thank you,

Mike
Sam

Anaheim, CA

#8 Sep 21, 2012
Well for the past 3-4 months the homeless are in John Marshall Park as well. I'm a home owner near the park and have seen a few homeless here and there but this is the first time that I see the same man and woman with their 2 large dogs for 3 months continuously. I have gotten nowhere with the park ranger. I'm trying to contact SGT. Mike Lozeau but he has not returned my phone calls. I agree we need to have the homeless off the street with help to get them back into society.
Tony wrote:
Here is a copy of another response which I received from the city of Anaheim...
----------
Dear Tony,
Hello Mr. Verley, this is Sgt. Mike Lozeau with the Central District Community Policing Team. My team is responsible for the La Palma Park area. The County of Orange has a ten year plan in place to eliminate homelessness in the county. They are about 5-6 years into this plan. One of the plan's effort is to open up a multi service center somewhere in the county to assist the homeless with getting off the streets and into programs to help them; which is what you are describing. You can research this 10 year plan on the internet. As of now, I do not know if the county has made a decision to open up a multi service center. You would have to contact the county. In the meantime, APD is researching different ways to help the homeless in getting off the streets and at the same time conduct enforcement to reduce the crimes associated with the homeless. As you can see this is long term complicated effort.
Thank you,
Mike
Tony

Yorba Linda, CA

#9 Sep 26, 2012
Well, GOOD NEWS! The city of Anaheim and charities have been helping the homeless people at La Palma Park, I never see homeless people at La Palma Park anymore, the homeless people are now being helped. God bless the city of Anaheim, and may God bless all of the good people who are helping the homeless people.

I was also told that there is a whole apartment complex on Pauline that is now being used as housing for homeless people.

Anaheim must have wonderful Karma for all of the good things that the people of Anaheim do to help other people.

I am very proud of Anaheim.

All of the best,

Tony V.
Tony

Yorba Linda, CA

#10 Oct 8, 2012
Sam wrote:
Well for the past 3-4 months the homeless are in John Marshall Park as well. I'm a home owner near the park and have seen a few homeless here and there but this is the first time that I see the same man and woman with their 2 large dogs for 3 months continuously. I have gotten nowhere with the park ranger. I'm trying to contact SGT. Mike Lozeau but he has not returned my phone calls. I agree we need to have the homeless off the street with help to get them back into society.
<quoted text>
The city of Anaheim and charities are now helping the homeless people at La Palma Park, you never see homeless people at La Palma Park anymore, they are all being helped. I hope that the homeless people at John Marshall Park are helped as well.

Anaheim is a great city, may God bless Anaheim.
Tony

Huntington Beach, CA

#11 Oct 23, 2012
One good job idea for homeless people is the job of live-in maids, also live-in gardeners and groundskeepers, drivers, cooks, etc etc etc. I have a friend who is about to help a homeless woman by giving her a job as a live-in maid, she will clean and cook in exchange for a free place to live and free food to eat, plus he will help her with new clothes from a thrift store, and he will also buy her hygiene items, and she can job hunt, and if she finds a job then she can pay rent and he will then help with the cooking and cleaning, and after she starts earning enough money to get her own apartment and moves out then he will help another homeless woman by giving her the same opportunity. A lot of people would love to have a live-in maid, and it is one way to help the homeless people.
Tony

Huntington Beach, CA

#12 Dec 5, 2012
I just did my good deed for the day...

A friend is looking for someone to live with him in exchange for cooking and cleaning, and I found a beautiful young homeless woman and I gave her his address. She will have a place to live, and he will have someone to cook and to clean.

We are living in very hard times, and we need to help each other through these hard times.


Salute,

Tony V.
Chris O

United States

#13 Dec 5, 2012
That's good Tony V.. I know alot of my Dads friends there...
iSpy

United States

#14 Dec 6, 2012
It would be nice to see more people off he streets.
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Dec 8, 2012
Here are a few good Bible verses...

----------

"Comfort, comfort my people," says your God.

Isaiah 40:1

----------

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."

Malachi 3:10

----------

The Judgment of the Nations

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, Mt. 16.27 then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: Mt. 19.28

32 and before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 and he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 for I was ahungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee ahungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 for I was ahungered, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee ahungered, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Matthew 25: 31-46
Anaheim Resident

United States

#16 Dec 9, 2012
All these homeless people you're talking about are white and come from wealthy families and these so called homeless are living on the street cuz that's what they want..the free life were they dont have to work or pay bills like yhe rest of us! I have talked to more than a few of these low life pedophiles and they always have the same story, I love my beer and cigarettes but I ain't gonna work for these things, I would rather go to a freeway exit and begg or panhandle for my needs.. and believe it or not, they're all white people that come from good homes with family that has money? Now I understand that most of these white homeless panhandlers were abused and molested by the hands of tjere parents and all kinds of other stuff these white people like to do with tjere own flesh and blood ,shut I ran into this homeless lady yesterday with 3 young kids amd she was telling me that those 3 beautiful kids she had were from her biological father? She started getting molested by her uncle at the tender age of 6 and after her father walked in on his young daughter getting molested by his brother, her uncle? The only thing her daddy said was, I might as well get some too and ever since then she had pretty much slept woth all her uncle's and cousins amd whoever else wanted to do harm to this girl they did.. So I guess she finally got the strength to leave her pedophile father and now shez homeless and addicted to meth with 3 kids living in la palma park wow.. i asked her how she feeds her kids and her drug addiction and she told me that she walks to the 91 freeway exit on harbor and beggs for change everyday... white people are something else! if your not molesting your own your killing them and if that's not done they grow up to blow up buildings or shoot up elementary schools or better yet they walk into a movie theater and just start shooting like some used and abused little redneck.. with all that hate and your racist beliefs, your inbred kids grow up to be nothing but rejects of society and they end up in prison being tyrone's bitch! Keep molesting your kids and these parks will continue to be there homes!!!! And yes, they're all white and too lazy to get a job.. maybe, u might see one or two blacks but the rest are caucasian!!!!!!
cindy

United States

#17 Dec 9, 2012
Anaheim Resident wrote:
All these homeless people you're talking about are white and come from wealthy families and these so called homeless are living on the street cuz that's what they want..the free life were they dont have to work or pay bills like yhe rest of us! I have talked to more than a few of these low life pedophiles and they always have the same story, I love my beer and cigarettes but I ain't gonna work for these things, I would rather go to a freeway exit and begg or panhandle for my needs.. and believe it or not, they're all white people that come from good homes with family that has money? Now I understand that most of these white homeless panhandlers were abused and molested by the hands of tjere parents and all kinds of other stuff these white people like to do with tjere own flesh and blood ,shut I ran into this homeless lady yesterday with 3 young kids amd she was telling me that those 3 beautiful kids she had were from her biological father? She started getting molested by her uncle at the tender age of 6 and after her father walked in on his young daughter getting molested by his brother, her uncle? The only thing her daddy said was, I might as well get some too and ever since then she had pretty much slept woth all her uncle's and cousins amd whoever else wanted to do harm to this girl they did.. So I guess she finally got the strength to leave her pedophile father and now shez homeless and addicted to meth with 3 kids living in la palma park wow.. i asked her how she feeds her kids and her drug addiction and she told me that she walks to the 91 freeway exit on harbor and beggs for change everyday... white people are something else! if your not molesting your own your killing them and if that's not done they grow up to blow up buildings or shoot up elementary schools or better yet they walk into a movie theater and just start shooting like some used and abused little redneck.. with all that hate and your racist beliefs, your inbred kids grow up to be nothing but rejects of society and they end up in prison being tyrone's bitch! Keep molesting your kids and these parks will continue to be there homes!!!! And yes, they're all white and too lazy to get a job.. maybe, u might see one or two blacks but the rest are caucasian!!!!!!
How sad this is but its the truth! I have girl friends that are white and also have been abused by the hands of there father or some sick pervert in there family. Why and how could u even think of doing something like this to your own child. I never give these lazy bums my money when I'm exiting the freeway and they're everywhere on every freeway with there cardboard sign begging for spare change and when they get enough money they run to the nearest liquor store and buy there booze and cigarettes or call the drug connection, its always the same story and yes they're always white people that are too lazy to work. Get a life!
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Dec 10, 2012
Anaheim Resident wrote:
All these homeless people you're talking about are white and come from wealthy families and these so called homeless are living on the street cuz that's what they want..the free life were they dont have to work or pay bills like yhe rest of us! I have talked to more than a few of these low life pedophiles and they always have the same story, I love my beer and cigarettes but I ain't gonna work for these things, I would rather go to a freeway exit and begg or panhandle for my needs.. and believe it or not, they're all white people that come from good homes with family that has money? Now I understand that most of these white homeless panhandlers were abused and molested by the hands of tjere parents and all kinds of other stuff these white people like to do with tjere own flesh and blood ,shut I ran into this homeless lady yesterday with 3 young kids amd she was telling me that those 3 beautiful kids she had were from her biological father? She started getting molested by her uncle at the tender age of 6 and after her father walked in on his young daughter getting molested by his brother, her uncle? The only thing her daddy said was, I might as well get some too and ever since then she had pretty much slept woth all her uncle's and cousins amd whoever else wanted to do harm to this girl they did.. So I guess she finally got the strength to leave her pedophile father and now shez homeless and addicted to meth with 3 kids living in la palma park wow.. i asked her how she feeds her kids and her drug addiction and she told me that she walks to the 91 freeway exit on harbor and beggs for change everyday... white people are something else! if your not molesting your own your killing them and if that's not done they grow up to blow up buildings or shoot up elementary schools or better yet they walk into a movie theater and just start shooting like some used and abused little redneck.. with all that hate and your racist beliefs, your inbred kids grow up to be nothing but rejects of society and they end up in prison being tyrone's bitch! Keep molesting your kids and these parks will continue to be there homes!!!! And yes, they're all white and too lazy to get a job.. maybe, u might see one or two blacks but the rest are caucasian!!!!!!
Stay off of my thread you racist piece of shit. You suck! And everything that you wrote is bullshit!
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Dec 10, 2012
cindy wrote:
<quoted text> How sad this is but its the truth! I have girl friends that are white and also have been abused by the hands of there father or some sick pervert in there family. Why and how could u even think of doing something like this to your own child. I never give these lazy bums my money when I'm exiting the freeway and they're everywhere on every freeway with there cardboard sign begging for spare change and when they get enough money they run to the nearest liquor store and buy there booze and cigarettes or call the drug connection, its always the same story and yes they're always white people that are too lazy to work. Get a life!
Bullshit! Stay off of my thread with your racist, hateful, wrong, stupid, bullshit!
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Dec 10, 2012
I have a friend who was a combat medic for the Marine Corps, and he has spent the last five years helping the homeless people in Orange County. People whom have served in the U.S. Military are great at helping the homeless people, and are great at running homeless shelters, etc, etc etc.

I also have a friend who is a business woman from the Philippines, she is worth over one hundred million dollars, and she has been helping the homeless people in Orange County for the last twenty years. She is a good Christian woman, and she believes that to those whom much is given, much is expected from, and so she does charity work to give back, and to serve God's children.

I know another lady who was a model when she was young and beautiful, but as she got older she could not find any more work as a model, so she went to college to become a social worker, and now she works helping the homeless people in Orange County.

I know a few people who are helping the homeless people here in Orange County, and they are good people.
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Dec 10, 2012
Sadly, in some places such as Los Angeles, the prisoners are treated better than the homeless people are. The prisoners are fed three meals per day, the prisoners have beds to sleep in, the prisoners have heating and air conditioning, etc, etc, etc, but the homeless people in Los Angeles are just sent to Skid Row, and are forced to wander the streets cold and hungry.

Downtown Los Angeles must be cleaned up, and Skid Row needs to be ended and the people on Skid Row need to be moved to Pasadena or someplace where the people can be helped, and Los Angeles can help with world trade, the Library Tower can be a world trade center, etc, Los Angeles has wonderful potential, and Downtown Los Angeles can participate in the world economy more than it does.

And I am not talking about moving Skid Row, I am talking about ENDING Skid Row, and helping the people instead of people being sent to Skid Row. Skid Row is horrible, and it should not exist. In Orange County there is not any Skid Row, the people of Orange County are helped. Los Angeles County is wealthy, and Los Angeles County can END Skid Row and can help the people like Orange County does. And when Skid Row in Los Angeles is ENDED, the people who are currently living on Skid Row need to be taken someplace and helped, such as to Pasadena or someplace, and people will no longer be sent to Skid Row because if Skid Row is ended then Skid Row will no longer exist. It is not about moving Skid Row, it is about ENDING Skid Row.

I sent this to the Mayor of Los Angeles.

I gotta make a video about Skid Row, and put it on You Tube. We are the wealthiest nation in the world, we give trillions of dollars to foreign countries including to people who do not even like us, California is a wealthy state, Los Angeles is a wealthy county, and yet Los Angeles continues to send the homeless people to Skid Row. And I know what it is like to be sent to Skid Row, as a social services office in Hollywood gave me a voucher for the Russ Hotel on San Julian right in the middle of Skid Row when I was homeless, and I still have the map that they drew me on a piece of paper of how to get to Skid Row. We are rebuilding Iraq and Afghanistan, and we give all kinds of money to other nations, and yet we allow our own people to be homeless out on the streets, and in Los Angeles the homeless people are sent to the worst place I have ever seen, Skid Row is the WORST. Maybe I can make a video and help to shame people into improving the situation, and maybe I can help to wake Americans up and get Americans to help our own people here in the USA before we give one damn penny to some foreign nation.

And also of note, is that the scumbags whom we have in our government now are talking about withholding money from the retired people and from the disabled people here in America, while we give tons of money to foreign countries, and they are insane.

Salute,

Tony V.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 46 min DAVIS 5,280
Baldwin Park Mayor is an embarrassment 5 hr CA Attorney 3
East side bolen gang of baldwin park (Jun '08) 12 hr Independent1 557
Gang related shooting leaves West Valinda man dead (Jul '09) 13 hr Killamunati 257
gangs of Bolen Parka (Sep '12) 13 hr chema 132
La Mirada City Council election 14 hr Rosas 2
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr Bruin For Life 28,370

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rowland Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:24 pm PST