CSL

Whittier, CA

#4994 Sep 1, 2014
Player talent - 60 percent : if you don't have the athlete's coaching isn't going to move you up that far. They don't have to all start out as soccer players but they need hate losing, give 100% and be willing to take the training seriously to improve. I have seen 2 great players develop in 2 years that had never played the game before. Find the athlete that excels.
Player Pool - 20 percent : There is a strong player pool but soccer competes with other sports especially on the boys side with football and baseball and basketball.
Coaching - 20 percent : Are the players sticking around and enjoying what is being done? Winning always helps. Do you use the talent you have or try to break them to be what you want them to be? Coach to the players ability.
Training - 50 percent: Find what works for your team and whether you need help or not. Results will tell you if you need a different trainer or a different coach.

Residency Rule - this could be adjusted to 50% to help teams be more competitive once the are U11 and older.
Play Time rule - keep in place. How do you develop players that don't play. Just because the other clubs are sucking money from the ignorant parents doesn't mean it is the right thing to do at any age.
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#4995 Sep 4, 2014
lets hope for another great year for our childrenwith no major injuries.
our league has so much to offer be it raffle tickets,pictures,openingday festivities,price,goalie training,fields, hy wouldnt city outsiders want to come.
doesWAYS have all this?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#4996 Sep 5, 2014
Why talk about WAYS
We should try and match up against Fullerton
Mr Peabody

Whittier, CA

#4997 Sep 5, 2014
Davis wrote:
Why talk about WAYS
We should try and match up against Fullerton
We have all been waiting for opening day, Teams have been really working hard everyone is excited. Last year around this time it was about the fear of LMSA playing Club level. Have to say it was a pretty good season as we broke a few teams in to Silver this year. B14 and G15 are great teams that will be contenders in Silver. A few Bronze teams also look very good to be contenders B 9, B11 and G10, G16 have true teams that will make a great run this Fall in my opinion.
Big Dawg is it the ponytail or snowcones?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#4998 Sep 5, 2014
PONYTAIL never, well maybe not
score

Los Angeles, CA

#4999 Sep 6, 2014
Davis wrote:
PONYTAIL never, well maybe not
Anybody know how BU14 did? No score osted yet
BOD too

La Mirada, CA

#5000 Sep 7, 2014
score wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody know how BU14 did? No score osted yet

Tied 1-1
They had the lead but in the last 20 minutes they decided to play defense. Bad idea in Silver. Any team has the ability to score.

The whole game prior to that they had their opponents on their heels.
Still great match. Showed a lot
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#5001 Sep 7, 2014
BOD too wrote:
<quoted text>
Tied 1-1
They had the lead but in the last 20 minutes they decided to play defense. Bad idea in Silver. Any team has the ability to score.
The whole game prior to that they had their opponents on their heels.
Still great match. Showed a lot
their season is over they tied.
the team played worst game one sub two injured just wasnt same team vrs a top team . B 14s they went 0-2-0 opening in spring came back w title.
bounced back, todays game 6 to 0 vrs Freedom FC.
LMSA Info

Los Angeles, CA

#5002 Sep 8, 2014
LMSA wrote:
<quoted text>
their season is over they tied.
the team played worst game one sub two injured just wasnt same team vrs a top team . B 14s they went 0-2-0 opening in spring came back w title.
bounced back, todays game 6 to 0 vrs Freedom FC.
Can they win vrs State Cup champs Xplosion?
great match next week 1st place up for grabs....
lmsa club

Whittier, CA

#5003 Sep 8, 2014
Great weekend
teams did well overall break down
9 WINS
2 TIES
2 DEFEATS
42 GOALS
12 GOALS RECIEVED

WHAT DO YOU THINK BIG KAHUNA?
Pony tail is ours, I saw the snow cone man says its a ponytail this fall.
davis

Inglewood, CA

#5004 Sep 9, 2014
lmsa club wrote:
Great weekend
teams did well overall break down
9 WINS
2 TIES
2 DEFEATS
42 GOALS
12 GOALS RECIEVED
WHAT DO YOU THINK BIG KAHUNA?
Pony tail is ours, I saw the snow cone man says its a ponytail this fall.
funnyman
LMSA Parent

Los Angeles, CA

#5005 Sep 9, 2014
Bob,
The uniforms are very low quality and dont forsee them lasting the full year. Some of them are beginning to come unstiched and lets not mention the socks that were finished after a few games.
Has the league a supply of more uniforms?Parents are not happy that now might be buying their child another low quality uniform. One Physical game and a slight tug on the shirt and its finished. Girls shorts are questionable...can we get some compensation back ?
maybe split cost on better tops team / league?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#5006 Sep 9, 2014
Sorry we will have to use these uniforms for the season, nothing can be done now. if you have a problem with A uniform I suggest that you notify Ruben be nice and he'll help you. socks are never good and I pretty sure the girls teams will be buying Pink socks soon.
LM res-coach

Los Angeles, CA

#5007 Sep 9, 2014
Davis wrote:
Sorry we will have to use these uniforms for the season, nothing can be done now. if you have a problem with A uniform I suggest that you notify Ruben be nice and he'll help you. socks are never good and I pretty sure the girls teams will be buying Pink socks soon.
This is not the answer we want to hear. The uniforms will not last. Our kids and program deserve better than this. If money is the issue then lets work something out ie fund raisers etc...
Davis

La Habra, CA

#5008 Sep 9, 2014
LM res-coach wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not the answer we want to hear. The uniforms will not last. Our kids and program deserve better than this. If money is the issue then lets work something out ie fund raisers etc...
Really nothing we can do now
LMSA Parent

Whittier, CA

#5009 Sep 9, 2014
A meeting was held where Club teams voted on the Idea of Name Brand Vrs Non Name Brand. But we learned that what might be cheap now turns out to be expensive in the long run. The uniforms show well but the quality is terrible. Does LMSA have budget for club teams uniforms? Maybe the difference the league saved can be compensated back so each team so they can buy new Uniforms. Few seasons back Adidas were the uniforms for Signature, even now after three years they look just as good as these three week old uniforms. It looks as if a few teams will be looking into buying new ones at teams expense for a league mistake.
Lesson should have been learned of Manufacturer after first uniforms turned purple.
LM res-coach

Los Angeles, CA

#5010 Sep 10, 2014
Any chance we can get the raffle winners posted online?
davis

Inglewood, CA

#5011 Sep 10, 2014
LMSA Parent wrote:
A meeting was held where Club teams voted on the Idea of Name Brand Vrs Non Name Brand. But we learned that what might be cheap now turns out to be expensive in the long run. The uniforms show well but the quality is terrible. Does LMSA have budget for club teams uniforms? Maybe the difference the league saved can be compensated back so each team so they can buy new Uniforms. Few seasons back Adidas were the uniforms for Signature, even now after three years they look just as good as these three week old uniforms. It looks as if a few teams will be looking into buying new ones at teams expense for a league mistake.
Lesson should have been learned of Manufacturer after first uniforms turned purple.
League didn't Save money teams did this isn't a league issue mine are holding out well so if there's an issue show me
Nobody is going to buy new uniforms again show me the issue
too late

Los Angeles, CA

#5012 Sep 10, 2014
If your uniform is coming unstitched, buy a needle and thread and sew it up!! Deal with it for this season, go to a board meeting and recommend ordering better quality next season. Its too late to do anything about it now.
LM res-coach

Los Angeles, CA

#5013 Sep 10, 2014
davis wrote:
<quoted text>
League didn't Save money teams did this isn't a league issue mine are holding out well so if there's an issue show me
Nobody is going to buy new uniforms again show me the issue
Bob, Sorry you're catching all the flak on this issue. We know you're not responsible for the uniforms, and other BOD members do monitor this forum. Thank you for standing up and being on the front lines.

To all BOD members, we know this may seem like a thankless job, especially at times like these. Thank you for all your time and efforts. Without you our kids wouldn't have this program.

Thanks for putting up with us, even when we don't like the answers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hundreds March In Anaheim, Demand Arrest Of LAP... 5 hr Anaheim livin 16
News Heroin Highway - Map of heroin traffic in Santa... (May '10) 16 hr Lucy21 37
News Realtors object to proposed business tax (Aug '10) Sat Montgomery Loser 51
News Mayor 'deeply disturbed' over incident between ... Sat wtf 1
Dirty Politics in La Mirada Sat Reployed 2
ssk gangsters (Jan '13) Fri Hillary Vomit 182
News Video shows off-duty California cop fire weapon... Fri Hillary Vomit 8

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages