Club Side

Whittier, CA

#4954 Aug 18, 2014
For now its one team per age group. When teams reach higher levels the gap between Recreational and say a team playing Silver Elite is to big. What option will there be for kids wanting to play more competive soccer from our Recreational program?
Rec to Bronze
Rec to Silver maybe
Rec to Silver Elite to much to jump.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4955 Aug 18, 2014
Club Side wrote:
For now its one team per age group. When teams reach higher levels the gap between Recreational and say a team playing Silver Elite is to big. What option will there be for kids wanting to play more competive soccer from our Recreational program?
Rec to Bronze
Rec to Silver maybe
Rec to Silver Elite to much to jump.
That is an issue with no answer as of yet anyone got any ideas ?
Club Side

Whittier, CA

#4956 Aug 18, 2014
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an issue with no answer as of yet anyone got any ideas ?
There could only be a need for a Bronze team if for example the same age group has a Silver Elite team or higher.
Consider that good Rec players can play Bronze but would have limited hope of making a silver elite team.
To have two diluted teams of the same level is really not needed, but for a two level jump Ex. Rec. to S.E. yes.
It also alows the higher level kids that are developing from bronze to go even higher level. The ground work for a few teams this fall is layed out. If theses teams that were Silver move up then BOD should consider if they dont ascend then no need at that point.
Looking at some of the Silver teams past they are very good candidates to move up again.
davis

Inglewood, CA

#4957 Aug 18, 2014
Club Side wrote:
<quoted text>
There could only be a need for a Bronze team if for example the same age group has a Silver Elite team or higher.
Consider that good Rec players can play Bronze but would have limited hope of making a silver elite team.
To have two diluted teams of the same level is really not needed, but for a two level jump Ex. Rec. to S.E. yes.
It also alows the higher level kids that are developing from bronze to go even higher level. The ground work for a few teams this fall is layed out. If theses teams that were Silver move up then BOD should consider if they dont ascend then no need at that point.
Looking at some of the Silver teams past they are very good candidates to move up again.
Wouldn't that hurt the rec program
LMSA Mom

Los Angeles, CA

#4958 Aug 18, 2014
Big Dawg has a friend at cal south? I didn't know the big dawg played nice with others lol
LM res-coach

Whittier, CA

#4959 Aug 18, 2014
davis wrote:
<quoted text>
I beleive it hurts the kids of La Mirada more by not bridging the gap between the 'rec program' and the hgher level of club teams. If we have one less rec team at certain age groups but can bridge the gap we still provide a place for these tweeners to grow to.

Are we worried that one less team for the rec program means less $$$ for the rec program or are we trying to provide the best possible service to La Mirada. The rec program is thriving.
BOD Historian

La Mirada, CA

#4960 Aug 18, 2014
LMSA Mom wrote:
Big Dawg has a friend at cal south? I didn't know the big dawg played nice with others lol
He doesn't. Administrator's just put up with him.
He couldn't get along with AYSO so he left for Pulse. Then he couldn't get along the Biola Men's Soccer coach so he left for the club at Whittier Soccer Complex. Then he ran that program to the ground to the point that it disbanded and formed a new club without him.
Then he was kicked out of the LMSA founders group before LMSA was even able to form teams.

He was allowed back about 3 years into the LMSA program to help with coaching.(He had been trying to come back for all 3 years prior)
He has been a good boy so they gave him a Board position after a while
He drives other BODs a little crazy with his need to express himself to whomever will listen but so far he's kept out of trouble.
LM res-coach

Whittier, CA

#4961 Aug 18, 2014
davis wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we hurt La Mirada kids by not bridging the gap between rec and higher level club teams. The tweeners will have no where to grow to.

Having one less rec team in certain age groups may mean less $$$ for the 'rec program' but are we trying to protect one program in order to maintain status quo in rec or are we trying to provide the best possible service to the community? The rec program is thriving and I don't see why we shouldn't bridge the gap. Is there a hidden agenda or are we just getting lost in group think dogma?
This Weekend

Whittier, CA

#4962 Aug 18, 2014
What Gap? Silver teams at u14 and u15 have already tapped out the talent. Barely able to put 1 or 2 rec teams in U14 and U16. U12 Silver is about the same U13 next year. No reason to start another team. All others are still in bronze or Signature so no reason for another team even by your definition.
This Weekend

Whittier, CA

#4963 Aug 18, 2014
If you want Bob out don't vote him in. VOTE :NO BOB" next year. Make buttons and bumper stickers. Start campaigning NO BOB.
LMSA Oldtimer

Los Angeles, CA

#4964 Aug 19, 2014
You can either have kids leave LMSA over no competetive option attainable to them from Rec, meaning Bronze as a alternative to trying out in false hopes for a SE team.
Or hurt the core by optioning a team by creating a Bronze team if the numbers are there.
What is more damage now.
when a team plays allstars parents normally begin enquiry in regards to competetive soccer. a few years back we lost 8 kids to surrounding clubs because we had no Club soccer same issue allstar kids are not Silver Elite Players.
I think this is more for the development then those kids go back to Rec and leave the following season because their is "B" team.
LMSA Oldtimer

Los Angeles, CA

#4965 Aug 19, 2014
No "B" team
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4966 Aug 19, 2014
LMSA Mom wrote:
Only with people I like
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4967 Aug 19, 2014
LM res-coach wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we hurt La Mirada kids by not bridging the gap between rec and higher level club teams. The tweeners will have no where to grow to.
Having one less rec team in certain age groups may mean less $$$ for the 'rec program' but are we trying to protect one program in order to maintain status quo in rec or are we trying to provide the best possible service to the community? The rec program is thriving and I don't see why we shouldn't bridge the gap. Is there a hidden agenda or are we just getting lost in group think dogma?
No abendas the problem is when we get to the U13 and olders we just dont have enough to support two teams, not the mention coaches. but I assure you no hidden agenda, i've ask several times for a plan and have rec nothing if you have an overall plan I'll look at it
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4968 Aug 19, 2014
BOD Historian wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't. Administrator's just put up with him.
He couldn't get along with AYSO so he left for Pulse. Then he couldn't get along the Biola Men's Soccer coach so he left for the club at Whittier Soccer Complex. Then he ran that program to the ground to the point that it disbanded and formed a new club without him.
Then he was kicked out of the LMSA founders group before LMSA was even able to form teams.
He was allowed back about 3 years into the LMSA program to help with coaching.(He had been trying to come back for all 3 years prior)
He has been a good boy so they gave him a Board position after a while
He drives other BODs a little crazy with his need to express himself to whomever will listen but so far he's kept out of trouble.
in order
I golf with them lol
This is really funny because so much ins't true I was never a part of Pulse LOL
They merged with OC Rev about 4 years after I left but I was instramental in getting both parties together and was even offered a bod position with them funny
Allowed back I stopped coaching to ref and didnt come back until I was asked to coach the sig team lol
i was voted in lol
and yes I do
keep trying maybe something will stick
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4969 Aug 19, 2014
oops missed one yea I was the first person ever suspended by Lmsa before it was even Lmsa because I would stop my affiliations with Ayso and they thought the LM AC wouldn't look kindly at have a person on both bod
Obama Care

Los Angeles, CA

#4970 Aug 20, 2014
Bob your girls are of the highschool age any reason why we cant practice or play on the golden field there? It seems so many of the surrounding cities allow their city programs access to all sports programs on highschool fields. Instead they have their Soccer program train at Behrringer during fall?
Maykin Friends

Los Angeles, CA

#4971 Aug 20, 2014
LMSA info wrote:
MM, AC Brea is their Director (Mat Moris)
After bringing home the Championship trophy and medals I heard they were offered a new A.C. Brea canopy to replace their old one.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4972 Aug 20, 2014
Obama Care wrote:
Bob your girls are of the highschool age any reason why we cant practice or play on the golden field there? It seems so many of the surrounding cities allow their city programs access to all sports programs on highschool fields. Instead they have their Soccer program train at Behrringer during fall?
either the school district or the athletic council won't allow it

but don't worry after the school bond passes and we/ LM tax payers build 2 new -as stated- football fields in Norwalk maybe we can then
BOD Historian

Brea, CA

#4973 Aug 21, 2014
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>
either the school district or the athletic council won't allow it
Or maybe it is because the BOD fired the Girls Varsity coach from his job as LMSA's U19 Club team after only 1 season.
Burning bridges

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lozano for State Assembly Ha Ha Ha 55 min Lozano Fraud 2
Tafoya Made Pacheco Lose 59 min Chales 2
Randolph (Randy) Owen Fulkerson (Jul '13) 12 hr Prid 4
ssk gangsters (Jan '13) 15 hr popping 29
News Police aware of Mongols' presence (Oct '08) 17 hr uncool gay hair 193
News After tense day, Anaheim shelves anti-Donald Tr... 20 hr Butch 2
Tafoya and Olivas better start looking for new ... Sat Olivas Tafoya Fin... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages