LMSA DAD

Buena Park, CA

#4890 Aug 6, 2014
LMSA wrote:
Wow for a whil the site was having some issues
BOB, any lmsa teams won a tourny this preseason?
It looks like some of the better lmsa teams from lmsa no longer get placed in weaket tourny brackets.
is that because they will be Silver?
so bracketing is Silver and up and all bronze and under?
GU10 was a Finalist in the Anaheim Surf Cup.
lmsa oldtimer

Los Angeles, CA

#4891 Aug 6, 2014
Snowcone man wrote:
Boys LMSA U 14 will be scrimmaging A.C. Brea Premier team, that return from the National Finals in North Carolina tonight 8:00 PM Brea sports complex. Great challeng and experience for the team.
Good luck!
remember a time when this team was told they had no buisness playing any bronze club team during signature days. or ever competing in a class l Tournament.
LM res-coach

Pico Rivera, CA

#4892 Aug 7, 2014
lmsa oldtimer wrote:
<quoted text>
remember a time when this team was told they had no buisness playing any bronze club team during signature days. or ever competing in a class l Tournament.
These boys held their own last night with a 1 - 1 tie. They were clearly playing a quality team and stepped up to the task. I hope they can keep the same intensity going forward.
shaken not stirred

Covina, CA

#4893 Aug 7, 2014
LM res-coach wrote:
<quoted text>
These boys held their own last night with a 1 - 1 tie. They were clearly playing a quality team and stepped up to the task. I hope they can keep the same intensity going forward.
before you get carried away, take these things into consideration:
a. brea had at least two starters absent.
b. brea subbed freely, and exposed their weak bench. when starters where in, LM chased the ball all over the pitch.
c. game was played on a very small field
d. after scoring in the first half, LM played all but two on defense happy to settle for a tie

now that I'm out of excuses, I will give LM some credit. they are a physical team that was clearly pumped about getting a shot at the big boys. they should do well at their level in the fall.
lmsa oldtimer

Los Angeles, CA

#4894 Aug 7, 2014
Just the oppertunity to play a great team as theres is a learning experience. Somtimes scores dont matter aslong as there is a lesson learned. Im sure they got a taste of ball chasing, learning team play, speed,conditioning what u need and what it takes to play higher level.
The blind can never lead the blind. exposure to the best will show flaws of your team. work hard in fall.
definitely shaken

Marina Del Rey, CA

#4895 Aug 7, 2014
shaken not stirred wrote:
<quoted text>
b. brea subbed freely, and exposed their weak bench. when starters where in, LM chased the ball all over the pitch.
d. after scoring in the first half, LM played all but two on defense happy to settle for a tie
now that I'm out of excuses, I will give LM some credit. they are a physical team that was clearly pumped about getting a shot at the big boys. they should do well at their level in the fall.
Do you really have to get on here to justify the result of a scrimmage?!? In one post, you manage to insult both teams over a freaking friendly. Get over yourself and your team, and it is quite clear you are quite a bit shaken. I'm sure your fellow parents would appreciate you calling their 13 year olds "weak".
LM res-coach

Whittier, CA

#4896 Aug 7, 2014
shaken not stirred wrote:
<quoted text>
Right you are. My respects go out to AC Brea. As I said we played a 'quality team', I'm glad we were in it and proud of our boys. There's no need for me to crow here we're not delusional and know you guys are a class act. We hope to continue to grow and are thankful for the opportunity to play a team of your caliber.
LM res-coach

Whittier, CA

#4897 Aug 7, 2014
lmsa oldtimer wrote:
Just the oppertunity to play a great team as theres is a learning experience. Somtimes scores dont matter aslong as there is a lesson learned. Im sure they got a taste of ball chasing, learning team play, speed,conditioning what u need and what it takes to play higher level.
The blind can never lead the blind. exposure to the best will show flaws of your team. work hard in fall.
Well said. I couldn't agree with you more.
LMSA info

Los Angeles, CA

#4899 Aug 8, 2014
LMSA club teams will be very bussy this weekend, Signature teams at JUSA friendship tournament aswell. More fireworks for B14's in Cypress, they were invited to play a friendly with some top Coast Gold team, Golden State team and Esperansa tops of their Bracket First match will be Rob Fishers, Strikers tier 1 team for LMSA little cross town rivalry?
def not

Mountain View, CA

#4900 Aug 8, 2014
definitely shaken wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really have to get on here to justify the result of a scrimmage?!? In one post, you manage to insult both teams over a freaking friendly. Get over yourself and your team, and it is quite clear you are quite a bit shaken. I'm sure your fellow parents would appreciate you calling their 13 year olds "weak".
Nowhere was it said that I am a Brea parent. Just an interested party who recognized that Brea was in a no-win situation. At least Leon was game. The other local SCDSL club team, Strikers Fisher Flight 1ducks Brea every time they are called.
def not

Mountain View, CA

#4901 Aug 8, 2014
LMSA info wrote:
LMSA club teams will be very bussy this weekend, Signature teams at JUSA friendship tournament aswell. More fireworks for B14's in Cypress, they were invited to play a friendly with some top Coast Gold team, Golden State team and Esperansa tops of their Bracket First match will be Rob Fishers, Strikers tier 1 team for LMSA little cross town rivalry?
Leon Will beat Fisher again.
Confucius

Los Angeles, CA

#4902 Aug 9, 2014
lmsa present wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU FORGOT TO MENTION LMSA WAS GIVEN A PENALTY KICK IN THE LAST THREE MIINUTES OF THE GAME TO WIN IT.
COACH OF LMSA INTENTIONALY HAD THE KICK MISSED TO KEEP THE TIE.
Never burn bridges that you might pass.

Has M.M. made that coach an offer to move ?
Value

Whittier, CA

#4903 Aug 9, 2014
The problem is the player won't follow him to Brea. His team is built on low cost. If fees go up to 1200.00 a year he will lose over half the players or have to pay for them himself. The team will now have to be built around parents willing to spend money. The players won't see a value in paying 4 times more for the same team when they can stay where they are. Brea has nothing to offer the parents or players.
LMSA Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#4904 Aug 10, 2014
How did our local LMSA teams do this weekend?
Value

Whittier, CA

#4905 Aug 10, 2014
Mixed Results. Look em up. Looks like a couple made it to the finals.
9 wins, 6 losses, 3 ties. I guess that is better than .500.
LMSA B14

Montebello, CA

#4906 Aug 10, 2014
Lost in Semi Final, but hey Strikers Tier 1got to play Consolation game. We cant complain,
Silver Elite was lowest level invited for B14.
Dont really know why we got the invite.
Anyway I think this team is ready for Silver Bracket come fall.
LMSA info

Whittier, CA

#4907 Aug 11, 2014
Anyone seen Big Dawg?

I knew eventually someone would get under his hide and he call it quit from the Forum.

Big Dawg your bigger then that cant fly the white flag just yet.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4908 Aug 11, 2014
havent gone anywhere
nothing here needs to be corrected
LMSA Mom

Los Angeles, CA

#4909 Aug 11, 2014
I love it when Big Dawg has his big bite. He definitely makes this blog a must read every day. But sometimes the Big Dawg needs to take a nap.
Club Side Mom

Whittier, CA

#4910 Aug 11, 2014
I'm really unhappy with the choice of uniforms, the quality of the product is by far less then I had expected. Stitching, is unraveling. My child played two games and socks are worn out and torn. They dont wash clean I doubt they will last for a spring season. The colors are nice but they will probably be purple like last seasons uniforms ended up. Can Mr. Davis help out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 31 min Bruin Nation 28,221
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 1 hr WEST coCHina 2,575
Pacheco NOT on Reelection List to be Sponsored ... 2 hr Show Me Money 7
Street Sweeping (Apr '10) 6 hr billstacy 14
Are the vatos from sskaka chirujos, ratas or ra... (Jun '10) 16 hr LOONEYSSK 133
Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park (Sep '12) Mon Tony 127
Cesar Meza Wanted For Stabbing Estranged Wife (Sep '10) Mon anonymous 2

Fire Weather Watch for Los Angeles County was issued at November 24 at 1:48PM PST

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rowland Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:28 pm PST