CSL

Whittier, CA

#4852 Jul 26, 2014
Agree. Club needs to start at U9 at the latest. You will pull players away for those u8 teams that really are there to make money for Jimmy at Rangers once they realize that they don't get what they pay for. Staying Sig holds players back and keeps teams down an extra year.
LMSADad

Los Angeles, CA

#4853 Jul 26, 2014
The sooner the better they are exposed to higher level soccer the better. As long as the coaching is proficient. I have seen Parents as young as U6 take their kids down the St. because of coaching. And the Koolaid gets served on a regular basis there.
Again I ask what has our Director of player Development done?
LMSADad

Los Angeles, CA

#4854 Jul 26, 2014
Skills Night.
they even pay a few bucks for it.
CSL

Whittier, CA

#4855 Jul 27, 2014
LMSA info wrote:
Did Coast screw up on Brackets?
they took them off webpage.
July 20th was the deadline to petition for change and have rosters entered. They have to verify that teams exist, move approved appeal teams and finalize brackets. While things are moving it is better to take it down.
LMSA info

Los Angeles, CA

#4856 Jul 27, 2014
Maybe Bob still has a chance at Silver. But then he couldnt expect to go undefeated. One team broke out of Bronze from LMSA last fall undefeated, one tie and all others wins!
davis

Cypress, CA

#4857 Jul 27, 2014
Anyone ever heard of burn out?
Kids should grow slowly and not have them burn out most of all of you have never watched older kids quit because of burn out
I HAVE SO BEFORE YOU JUST JUMP ASK WHY FIRST YOU MIGHT LEARN SOME THING

I'll bet that the reason for 8 club is for the trainers to make money kids should have first before patents start living there life's thru their kids
nothing
LMSA Too

La Mirada, CA

#4858 Jul 27, 2014
davis wrote:
Anyone ever heard of burn out?
Kids should grow slowly and not have them burn out most of all of you have never watched older kids quit because of burn out
I HAVE SO BEFORE YOU JUST JUMP ASK WHY FIRST YOU MIGHT LEARN SOME THING
I'll bet that the reason for 8 club is for the trainers to make money kids should have first before patents start living there life's thru their kids
nothing
The problem with this statement/policy is that it is both right and wrong.
Is there burnout when kids start on the higher level of training at an early age? Yes of course, but there is ALSO those who benefit greatly and excel to the highest reaches because of the fact that they were able to receive quality training at an early age.
Isn't LMSA saying that they want to provide opportunities ?
Why not this "opportunity" too ?
Let the player's families decide if they want it. If nobody signs up then it's not wanted, right ? But if there is a demand then it should be made available.

As far as the ridiculous blanket statement about how clubs/ coaches are only in it for the money. That's so wrong.

This is America, where the rule of supply and demand applies.
If you want Quality it costs money. Poor coaches quickly lose their players.
That's why rec teams quickly lose their impact players. Quality players generally need quality coaching if they want to excel and continue to stay impact players.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#4859 Jul 28, 2014
Don't agree but that's ok it wont be the last time, if parents want the next level they should get private trainers, develop their kids and then when they are mentally and physically read move on
It's not a policy, if someone wants to bring it to the bod then go for it, but there is a reason why most program don't start then and the top programs in the worlds they don't start "playing" until they are in there teens most of those kids spend time in academe program devolping
rec team don't lose player because of coaching, not saying that isn't a major issue, they lose them because they are rec and most of the kids are rec
CSL

Whittier, CA

#4860 Jul 28, 2014
Parents are usually are a big part of the burnout problem. The pressure they put on the kids can be destructive. They also push to have as many games and short breaks as possible and kids don't have time to recover.

U8 and younger teams are for the profit of the club. No doubt about this. Look at a local overpriced club that has 7 U9 teams this year. This have been a marketing plan since these kids were 5. These early academies don't only bring in instant cash but brainwash parents into the idea that their child will be a superstar and bring in more cash later. Many don't even know there were other options.
CSL

Whittier, CA

#4861 Jul 28, 2014
If a club team played U8 and is still playing bronze in U9 they wasted their time and money. The only reason would be to get a jump on other teams in the race to gold.

SCDSL - you place your teams so it doesn't really mater to have club at u8. Keep the academies and personal training until u9. By u12 these teams usually have at least a 75% or greater turnover.

There is a reason why High Cost clubs are that way and it is not always the trainer. Teams are designed for 14 players to cover the costs of the 18 on the roster. This is why they stack the rosters, not for the benefit of the player but to buy 4-5 players that are subsidized.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#4862 Jul 28, 2014
Agree
LMSA Mom

Los Angeles, CA

#4863 Jul 28, 2014
If LMSA is against paying club coaches or a club technical director can LMSA provide us with private trainers? A list of people that are available for training? We want better coaching. Not volunteers for our club players
davis

Cypress, CA

#4864 Jul 28, 2014
LMSA Mom wrote:
If LMSA is against paying club coaches or a club technical director can LMSA provide us with private trainers? A list of people that are available for training? We want better coaching. Not volunteers for our club players
Send me an email I'll forward it to you
davis

Cypress, CA

#4865 Jul 28, 2014
LMSA Mom wrote:
First we aren't against a paid td just show is how to pay for it
If you can tell me what the problem is maybe I can help
Help me to help you
winning coach

Los Angeles, CA

#4866 Jul 28, 2014
LMSA Mom wrote:
How much are you willing to pay? Are you in search for a trainer for a LMSA team? how old is the team? boys girls team? what level are they? choosing the correct trainer for the job takes some work do your homework dont just go with the first number of the yellow pages.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#4867 Jul 29, 2014
LMSA Mom wrote:
Are you asking for lmsa to pay for your trainer
LMSA Dad

Whittier, CA

#4868 Jul 29, 2014
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>
simple case of went further in league cup and played in the harder presidents cup going to R32. not sure why the double jump but I'm sure league cup had a lot to do with it.
IMHO losing in the round of 32 presidnets cup is bigger then winning governors bracket
Downey lost to LMSA 4 to 0 in Spring cup finals.
Downey made round of 32 in league cup only to be beat 8 to 0. Dont think it was Presidents.
LMSA never lost in league cup only to not make next round of 32 on goal diferntial to LA Premiere Gold team.

LMSA could challenge this team....but do they want to?
Best of the worst

Los Angeles, CA

#4869 Jul 30, 2014
Someone please explain why the Xplosion GU16 team keeps entering into such lowly tournaments with such low competition. At this age, don't kids play club to help them get into college and/or onto Varsity High School teams?
What is the person thinking who is choosing the tournaments to play in??? What is the point??? Why not just stay in rec and win everything instead of playing club at the lowest level only to pay more to win against the lowest level of club teams. This team has the talent to play more advanced competition, but doesn't. Not even junior college coaches go to these games. What the heck? Help me understand please?!?!
winning coach

Baldwin Park, CA

#4870 Jul 30, 2014
Best of the worst wrote:
Someone please explain why the Xplosion GU16 team keeps entering into such lowly tournaments with such low competition. At this age, don't kids play club to help them get into college and/or onto Varsity High School teams?
What is the person thinking who is choosing the tournaments to play in??? What is the point??? Why not just stay in rec and win everything instead of playing club at the lowest level only to pay more to win against the lowest level of club teams. This team has the talent to play more advanced competition, but doesn't. Not even junior college coaches go to these games. What the heck? Help me understand please?!?!
Big fish in the little pond Syndrome.
CSL

Whittier, CA

#4871 Jul 30, 2014
Not a big deal. Playing close to home without giving the money to the big clubs isn't bad. Terrible fields at Pyramid Cup (SCDSL club) and you pay an extra $100.00. Not worth it. They would place them in the lower group and play the same level of teams anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 47 min Brew In 32,253
Anaheim is full of opportunities! (Apr '12) 56 min Tony 71
Review: ASF Orthopaedic - Allen S Fonseca MD (Apr '10) 7 hr Alejandra 7
Pacheco Finished Career OVER the Letter has Spr... 10 hr Everybody is Rejo... 1
Pacheco's Career Over the Letter of Abuse and b... 20 hr Pacheco Crashes 1
affordable loan offer (Oct '13) Thu James310 2
News Gang member held in shooting of 9-year-old (Oct '09) May 1 TurkBandit 46
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages