lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#4812 Jul 15, 2014
No Tournament Champions since spring cup. That i know of. Most teams presently starting up again from break expect the next few weeks of LMSA teams getting bussy.
LM DAD

Rosemead, CA

#4813 Jul 16, 2014
There's a new picture on the LMSA website with finalst in the Anaheim Surf Tournament. Is that recent?
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#4814 Jul 16, 2014
They really should update those pics
some of those teams and coaches are no longer around.
club lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#4815 Jul 17, 2014
Has anyone checked out the competition in the teams brackets for LMSA in Coast?
NicsDad

Covina, CA

#4816 Jul 18, 2014
Premier Soccer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Marius
he has premier u13
u12 Gold
and a developmental u8 team.
AC Brea went 0-1-2 in North Carolina, losing 0-1, gave up a last minute goal to be tied 1-1, and lost 0-1. While not quite the results they were hoping for, after traveling 3000 miles and playing in 90% humidity, they can hold their heads up.

Team went without three starters, and in final game played most of second half with only ten on the field (no "free substitution" rule in effect).

We're always looking for talent and the roster freeze deadline is a few weeks away. Just sayin'....

LMSA Oldster

La Mirada, CA

#4817 Jul 18, 2014
Gosh, the GU15 Xplosion team that won State Cup only moved up one slot, to Silver.
CSL sure didn't give winning State Cup much credit
all leagues

Whittier, CA

#4818 Jul 19, 2014
They would have had to be able to challenge a silver elite team that they may have beaten in league cup that was at the bottom and force them to move down.

Maybe they didn't try to go up 2 levels when they registered their team. They could have put in Silver. Teams enter where they would like to be when they register. It is not automatic as you see with bob as he has to petition. You would need to find out from their manager as to what they put in for.
club lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#4819 Jul 19, 2014
LMSA Oldster wrote:
Gosh, the GU15 Xplosion team that won State Cup only moved up one slot, to Silver.
CSL sure didn't give winning State Cup much credit
Boys u13 that one State Cup Juventus now playing At Xplosion also playing Silver Bracket. Same Bracket as LMSA boys for Fall. Good game for fall.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#4820 Jul 19, 2014
The problem with governor's state cup bracket is that the bracket is signature and bronze teams. being the best bronze team isn't worthy of moving up two brackets. If they really wanted to move up 2 they should have played at least presidents bracket, after all this isn't SCDSL here you have to earn your promotions.

The league cup run of round of 16 was far more impressive then winning governors state cup bracket. Just winning tournaments isn't always good sometimes you have to push and play above your heads and lose to better teams to get better and get recognition

IMHO
LMSA Oldster

Huntington Beach, CA

#4821 Jul 19, 2014
Davis wrote:
The problem with governor's state cup bracket is that the bracket is signature and bronze teams. being the best bronze team isn't worthy of moving up two brackets. If they really wanted to move up 2 they should have played at least presidents bracket, after all this isn't SCDSL here you have to earn your promotions.
The league cup run of round of 16 was far more impressive then winning governors state cup bracket. Just winning tournaments isn't always good sometimes you have to push and play above your heads and lose to better teams to get better and get recognition
IMHO
And how did that philosophy work for your U16 girls this year ???
Losing to good teams doesn't look good to CSL either.
Now that all the hoopla of SCDSL is over I think CSL is reverting to the old tried and true method.
"You got to WIN to get IN".
Good luck this season. By U16 all the weaker players and teams have left the circuit. All your games should be good, hard play.

You should start working with the U8's now. All-Stars and such. You could really help the get them ready for U9 club. And who knows you might really enjoy it.
LMSA

Huntington Beach, CA

#4822 Jul 19, 2014
club lmsa wrote:
<quoted text>Boys u13 that one State Cup Juventus now playing At Xplosion also playing Silver Bracket. Same Bracket as LMSA boys for Fall. Good game for fall.
They played each other last season. LMSA came out on top
But it all goes to show, winning CSL League is nice but the real teams play to develop and get ready for State Cup each season
Great games coming for everyone in Fall
Davis

La Habra, CA

#4823 Jul 19, 2014
wth are you talking about if I was in SCDSSL I would promote myself even though I might not have deserved it just like so many other teams there do as soon as SCDSL has a real deserved promotion program then they can talk about being a leader buy for now it is stall and always has been about those making money, sorry you can't argue that.

losing to good teams is ok nothing wrong with that we only lost one fall game that we should have one and could have tied 2 others. just what life is about earning your way not having it handed to you underservingly.

"You got to WIN to get IN" is real life not I'm going to promote myself to make more money our get a promotion because I showed up for work

we will go undefeated and score 60+ goals our team goal is to score 100 goals if we have a 14 game schedule
club lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#4824 Jul 20, 2014
LMSA wrote:
<quoted text>
They played each other last season. LMSA came out on top
But it all goes to show, winning CSL League is nice but the real teams play to develop and get ready for State Cup each season
Great games coming for everyone in Fall
At State one bad game and its over. Injuries kids not traveling can factor in. Its as ifThe World cup was to be played all over again would Germany come out on top? I dont believe they would. Same at state cup, On any given day even a bad team will beat you plain and simple. winning fall league and winning spring cup would have probably been a no brainer for Coast to move B13 team to SElite. they ascended the team they beat in Spring cup from Bronze to SElite Downey FC.
all leagues

Whittier, CA

#4825 Jul 20, 2014
Davis wrote:
wth are you talking about if I was in SCDSSL I would promote myself even though I might not have deserved it just like so many other teams there do as soon as SCDSL has a real deserved promotion program then they can talk about being a leader buy for now it is stall and always has been about those making money, sorry you can't argue that.
losing to good teams is ok nothing wrong with that we only lost one fall game that we should have one and could have tied 2 others. just what life is about earning your way not having it handed to you underservingly.
"You got to WIN to get IN" is real life not I'm going to promote myself to make more money our get a promotion because I showed up for work
we will go undefeated and score 60+ goals our team goal is to score 100 goals if we have a 14 game schedule
Trying new tactic this season? Last year you averaged 2 goals a game. This year you predict 5-7 a game. So it seems like your strategy has changed of someone else is running the team this season. Have you ever scored that much? Your style is to sit back and wait for the one or two good chances to score and play to tie or win by one goal. Are you able to change to an attack minded game at your age? Maybe the players will coach themselves to achieve this monumental goal. When do we get to see how this will be done? When are you playing in your first tournament?
Club Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#4826 Jul 20, 2014
Wow, great to hear LMSA predicting resultes for seasons, with a winning season as stated surely they will jump you two levels Bob. I find it hard to believe a team can turn it around so quickly or you forgot to finish with a lol?

Like so many older teams to reach their pinnacle for LMSA time is ticking but it would be a great thing to accomplish a feat as this.

How about LMSA recognize you with a coach of the year trophy or any other coach with a undefeated record.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#4827 Jul 20, 2014
club lmsa wrote:
<quoted text>
At State one bad game and its over. Injuries kids not traveling can factor in. Its as ifThe World cup was to be played all over again would Germany come out on top? I dont believe they would. Same at state cup, On any given day even a bad team will beat you plain and simple. winning fall league and winning spring cup would have probably been a no brainer for Coast to move B13 team to SElite. they ascended the team they beat in Spring cup from Bronze to SElite Downey FC.
simple case of went further in league cup and played in the harder presidents cup going to R32. not sure why the double jump but I'm sure league cup had a lot to do with it.
IMHO losing in the round of 32 presidnets cup is bigger then winning governors bracket
Davis

La Habra, CA

#4828 Jul 20, 2014
I thru it out there because we have added 3 tier 2 players that can score, WE are the best team in our bracket and based this on spring results we are getting better not status quo. This is the first year that I'm not the fastest person on the team, all said this is a big goal but goals are to very hard to get and a lot of things need to go right no injuries everyone health at ever game just like everyone, we have played a few of these teams so I know some of the comp. we have 4 or 5 new teams so don't know what to expect of them. could be great or horrible teams?

Who ever said that my strategy is to sit back really doesn't understand coaching REALLY NO CLUE
CSL

Whittier, CA

#4829 Jul 20, 2014
Maybe BU13 didn't try to move up to silver elite while Downey did. Did anyone ask them.

GU16 will have to show it on the field. Prediction of undefeated and 60 goals with a higher level of 100 goals set for them to target. So if they lose one and only score 40 goals did they not achieve their goals. I would think not. Coaches who Pop off are not setting goals but just talking crap. There is a difference between confidence and cockiness. Hopefully they move you up and those prediction just go away.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#4830 Jul 20, 2014
GOALS are to be very hard to obtain and always growing demanding more of us that is what sport is about getting better working hard winning medals, would we be disappointed on what you posted ??? but we wouldn't have made our goal and I'm sure that those that played in the world cup weren't happy -except Brazil- where they finished without the trophy

if it is easy then it's not a goal it's just another day at work, not popping off dude
I have goals with my golf pretty lofty but if just wanted to be a single digit golfer then I would be happy I'm not
I push myself to be the best I can not happy with a snack

NOT my goals are hard to obtained so I have to work hard at them

why would you say what you say unless you have never been a athlete

Dude this is just a place to have fun so chill and enjoy
club lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#4831 Jul 20, 2014
undefeated?
Bronze LMSA TEAMS ARE THE ONLY ONES WITH A CHANCE TO GO UNDEFEATED. Silver teams have peaked they might do well but not dominate. Will there be snowcones Bob?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
#Crack Wives Splatter 1 hr Martin Gallagher ... 2
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 1 hr Hanson Bologna 4,511
News Cynthia Kurtz: Taxes, negativity driving busine... (Oct '10) 1 hr Rat Chainy 3
News La Mirada hearing to allow McDonalda s Restaura... (Feb '15) 2 hr Raff Van Williams 5
Aurora Charter Oak Hospital... Problems Rock La... (Aug '08) 2 hr None 13
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 7 hr aliso 2,759
Baldwin Park City Corrupt Workers Finished 11 hr BK Baca 4

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages