LMSA

La Mirada, CA

#4790 Jul 4, 2014
Champion wrote:
<quoted text>
If you took the time to follow XplosionSC middle Boys results, you would have noticed your gossip us just that gossip. Because the Winning Teams had boys from XplosionSC bu14/15 in the Starting 11 (fact)
I can't believe you or anyone really pays attention to what Middle Schools do when it comes to soccer. The outcome of that playing circuit has no bearing on anything. Its just means nothing to anyone, even the kids. The teams are such a hodgepodge of players and skills.

Man, you really do need to get a life if you pay attention to middle school soccer match outcomes.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4791 Jul 6, 2014
OK WHICH FIELDS
PLAN ALL GOOD
Plan B wrote:
Join with the new NOCSC, pay for fields In neighboring La Habra, no restrictions. How has the Juventus grown without these restrictions.
1. Keep unpaid coaches. Have them manage the team and if good enough the games.
2. Allow teams to use paid trainers of their choice for training & games.
3. Carry only players that you are willing to play in the game. They will quit the next season anyway.
4. Don't allow teams to carry players that they will never play or rarely play in a game.
5. Change residency for older 11v11 teams to 50/50
6. Don't allow others to choose which trainer is good for your team
Teams that don't win, second guess the coaching. This is happening at Strikers, Rangers, Xplosion and many other clubs in addition to LMSA. Lose and you will be criticized. These winers will be ready to talk about the next coach. Bobby is the king now but next year he may be the next Albert.
If you don't like what you are getting for the money leave. it's that simple.
SDSDL or CSL

Los Angeles, CA

#4792 Jul 7, 2014
Why hasn't Xplosion went SDSDL. They would all be Tier 1. So why stay CSL cause its more local and cost less;however, the big difference is that they are the best local club even if CSL made errors, like placing the #1 State Team that went to represent CSL and won against the #1 State Team. But now that you know continue the gossip. Clueless rec soccer.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4793 Jul 7, 2014
SDSDL or CSL wrote:
Why hasn't Xplosion went SDSDL. They would all be Tier 1. So why stay CSL cause its more local and cost less;however, the big difference is that they are the best local club even if CSL made errors, like placing the #1 State Team that went to represent CSL and won against the #1 State Team. But now that you know continue the gossip. Clueless rec soccer.
Which team is that?
LMSA Oldster

Los Angeles, CA

#4794 Jul 8, 2014
SDSDL or CSL wrote:
Why hasn't Xplosion went SDSDL. They would all be Tier 1. So why stay CSL
SCDSL initially was by invite only.
Don't know if they are still that way.

But the only way Xplosion would be accepted by SCDSL, if they applied, would be if the Directors of SCD saw a benefit. As of now there is no benefit to the league. 90% of SCD teams are south Orange County teams. They would not want to come up north to play average teams.
Aolian

Los Angeles, CA

#4795 Jul 8, 2014
SCDSL teams woul have nothing to do with xplosion home fields, after season one. They wouldnt trust the Range Rovers, Rolex, French Poodles to make it home. Plus they cant get sushi and the snack bar, Corn sticks just isnt kooth!
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4796 Jul 8, 2014
Man I'm really getting tired of listening to "dads" talk trash about other kids when their kid isn't that good. looking through color glass

sorry just had to throw that our there
Cal south

Los Angeles, CA

#4797 Jul 8, 2014
LMSA Oldster wrote:
<quoted text>
But the only way Xplosion would be accepted by SCDSL, if they applied, would be if the Directors of SCD saw a benefit. As of now there is no benefit to the league. 90% of SCD teams are south Orange County teams. They would not want to come up north to play average teams.
Both Fullerton Rangers and Xplosion SC have declined the SCDL invitation.Both clubs have had State and National Championships. Its your prerogative as to which club and league you play in..but don't slam other clubs by implying their inferiority. Both leagues have great clubs and struggling clubs. Both have great teams and struggling teams. Dont hate.
This is it

Cobb, CA

#4798 Jul 9, 2014
Soccer is a great sport!
Soccer Reality Check

Englewood, CO

#4799 Jul 9, 2014
Cal south wrote:
<quoted text>
Both Fullerton Rangers and Xplosion SC have declined the SCDL invitation.Both clubs have had State and National Championships. Its your prerogative as to which club and league you play in..but don't slam other clubs by implying their inferiority. Both leagues have great clubs and struggling clubs. Both have great teams and struggling teams. Dont hate.
Just want to put some perspective on the SCDSL vs. CSL debate and club programs.

Did anyone look at the Champions and Runners Ups in the National Cup?

Out of 16 age brackets (both youngers and olders) So out of the 32 teams, 25 were or are SCDSL club teams. 5 were (Presidio League team or san diego) and and 3 were CSL teams.
Of course 2 of those teams were Fullerton Rangers and the other HG Eagles.

So out of best of the best teams, which league has the toughest competition? Just saying if your son or daughter is truly any good and you can pay the money, if you make the team

For Boys Fullerton is the club or take your pick on any of the other clubs to join.
For Girls, its pretty clear So Cal Blues, Legends, Arsenal, Beach FC are the clubs to check out. Strikers and CDA Slammers will have tough girls teams this year, with the mergers that went on of the summer. With Strikers merging with Laguna and Old Strikers Cerritos, HB and Tustin becoming CDA Slammers, look for Slammers to start transitioning the girls over to CDA Slammers and Boys to Slammers, to create top teams.

I have to stress for those that don't know club, to seriously do your research and don't listen to the people on this blog slamming other clubs. Sometimes that up an coming club, just might be next door to where you are now, and as long as the team/club doesn't have any drama, it could be the best experience for your kids.

And who was it that said "I don't know Soccer"?
Leaving for Club

Englewood, CO

#4800 Jul 9, 2014
LMSA 2 wrote:
Players leaving LMSA usually go to local clubs. Very few move very far from home. They are looking for something different. It doesn't mean better but will seem that way for the first year of two. How many of these player that leave individually or as a group are still there after the second season away? Not many. The same movement is happening at all these clubs. Turnover is high, why do you think they recruit heavily. They have to fill the spots of those that leave.
I do know 3 team that left a few years ago and for the most part the team is still together.

one has over half of the team still together and the other 2 have at least 5 left on the team.

For those that don't know, quite a few LMSA players are on ECNL, Premiere, Gold, Silver Elite, Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams that dominate their leagues. Several have played in Regional play or offered ODP tryouts.
So LMSA does have the talent, just cant keep the talent, because truly, they have to go somewhere else to grow significantly.
Some of the LMSA players have and will travel to Tustin, Laguna, San Bernardino, Chino, Pasadena, Long Beach, La Verne, Azusa, Ontario, Mission Viejo, San Juan Capistrano...etc.
So I don't think traveling is truly an issue.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4801 Jul 9, 2014
Ok-
Lmsa just started it's club program 12 or so months ago, give it time, those kids that have left and are playing at the top levels didn't leave Lmsa because of our club program they left because we didn't have one now we do. Our job will be to develop the ones that we have can't do anything about those that did leave they are gone some are coming back but most will stay were they are, BUT I DO KNOW WE ARE GETTING PLENTY OF INTEREST FROM OUTSIDE PLAYERS COMING TO LMSA I have added 4 LM girls from other clubs all from the SCDSL and high schools this year and could have added more I FINALLY GOT TO CHOSE not just take
GIVE THE PROGRAM TIME TO DEVELOP AND WE WILL BE BETTER THEN I EVEN THOUGH WE COULD BE. Will our daddy coaches struggle that is up to them if they want to be become better then they will if they don't then they won't but that is the same with "paid" coaches too.

when comparing programs wouldn't it be better to compare the 80% not the top. Everyone knows that most of the top teams and their coaching dir took their programs to start the new program AND I DO BELIEVE THAT IT WAS A MONEY DECISION FIRST, just like what slammers did in the 90's.

So if we compared program I look at value how do teams get rewarded is it by results or just because? Take my team we finished 7-4 and made it thru the first round of league cup over a 3rd place silver team had a terrible state cup playing with only 10 sick and injuried. Had a great spring making the finals twice beating several silver teams including the governors bracket state finalist which got promoted. We didn't get promoted because of our fall season but if I were in SCDSL I would move them up to tier 2 I think that is the difference do you desire it or not, if you look at the standings you will see so many team playing over their head and that could be said about both league the difference is that those teams in CSL will be regulated down.

I in no way am saying that most of the best team aren't playing SCDSL but to most of us that doesn't matter because that is way over our heads also
Leaving for Club

Englewood, CO

#4802 Jul 9, 2014
Davis wrote:
So if we compared program I look at value how do teams get rewarded is it by results or just because? Take my team we finished 7-4 and made it thru the first round of league cup over a 3rd place silver team had a terrible state cup playing with only 10 sick and injuried. Had a great spring making the finals twice beating several silver teams including the governors bracket state finalist which got promoted. We didn't get promoted because of our fall season but if I were in SCDSL I would move them up to tier 2 I think that is the difference do you desire it or not, if you look at the standings you will see so many team playing over their head and that could be said about both league the difference is that those teams in CSL will be regulated down.
I in no way am saying that most of the best team aren't playing SCDSL but to most of us that doesn't matter because that is way over our heads also
Thank you for proving a point, that I have been saying about differences between SCDSL and CSL. "Had a great spring making the finals twice beating several silver teams including the governors bracket state finalist which got promoted. We didn't get promoted because of our fall season but if I were in SCDSL I would move them up to tier 2"
That is the difference, it is called "Opportunity" vs "Regulated". How many times have you seen a Bronze team, beat a Gold team? It happens. But if that Bronze team cant jump to Gold. A Bronze Team can win its flight, win Govenors Bracket, but can only move up to Silver, yet, put them in a tournament and they win 2 championsips in hard tournaments, against Gold or Tier 1 team, it is not considered or enough to say, put them in Gold.
SCDSL, may not be "Regulated or Promotion based" put some of those middle of the pack Tier 2 teams have beaten at least half of the Gold bracket teams in tournaments. So they will try for Tier 1. Difference is SCDSL has ECNL and PDA, so top tier 1 teams go to those leagues. CSL has Premiere.
There is one other league, CRPL.. probably the toughest league in the are to get into.

What I am saying, is if you think your kid, has what it takes.....Go try out for the right club.
Bob, you did say one thing......It is the Coach that matters... A Great coach will bring in outside help, when he knows he is not enough.. But sometimes A Great Coach is also your best Trainer. So there are exceptions that should be made...
Most clubs pay HS Coach's to coach and train.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4803 Jul 9, 2014
I get it you like SCDSL I don't because it was started for greed and teams don't have to earn there way.
tournaments without roster control are like scrimmages "anyone want to play?"

What I can say is that most tournament don't have ANY control on rosters so borrowed players or players not being there has a huge influence. That is why CSL only looks at fall season- league cup and state cup for promotion because those are the tournaments have controlled rosters. The team you are talking about should have never played DOWN in govern bracket because all that showed is that they are the best bronze team they should have understood that playing against up level team and winning there would have been so much more beneficial for them to be promoted higher but beating bronze teams isn't going to get you promoted higher then that and BTW after doing my due diligence I did predict those 2 teams in the finals before the tournament started the other teams looking to make big jumps all went to the presidents bracket

As far as the HS coaches so many of them are just teachers looking to make a few extra bucks and not the truly gifted ones. Just look at all the teams our local Jv teams played would you pay for those coaches LOL
FC Coach

Maywood, CA

#4804 Jul 10, 2014
Even though LMSA is only in year 1. But they are already having problems internally for long term growth. Let's face it the top tier players will still leave and go play on better teams with better coaching. Even the middle tier players will leave because parents have egos too and they think their son or daughter isn't getting to that next level because of the dad volunteer coach.

LMSA removed their girls high school coach because he took money. Shameful for LMSA. Alot of players that will play LMSA will be automatically passed up for significant playing time on varsity over girls that play at real clubs.

I do also think the SCDSL is the better direction of club soccer. Coast soccer is simply irrelevant now. LM ayso became irrelevant and LMSA became the league of the city. No need to bash it. Time to embrace it before you are left playing coast rec Soccer league teams.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4805 Jul 10, 2014
Even though LMSA is only in year 1. But they are already having problems internally for long term growth. WHAT ARE OUR PROBLEMS??? PLEASE SHARE WITH ME/US?????
Let's face it the top tier players will still leave and go play on better teams with better coaching. HAPPENS EVERY YEARS AT ALL LEVELS ON ALL TEAMS YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT???? WHY DON'T YOU????? Even the middle tier players will leave because parents have egos too and they think their son or daughter isn't getting to that next level because of the dad volunteer coach. AGAIN HAPPENS EVERY YEAR AT EVERY LEVEL ON ALL TEAMS AGAIN YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT, IF YOU HAVE SOME EXAMPLES SHARE OR IS IT JUST TALK?????
LMSA removed their girls high school coach because he took money- AGAINST OUR BY-LAWS HE KNEW THAT GOING IN WE HAD NO CHOICE. Shameful for LMSA NOT FOLLOWING OUR RULES???. A lot of players that will play LMSA will be automatically passed up for significant playing time on varsity over girls that play at real clubs WHAT REAL CLUBS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HERE ,AND WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF A REAL CLUB?. IF THAT REALLY HAPPENS IT JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU HOW PETTY PEOPLE CAN BE THAT'S THE REAL SHAMEFULNESS HERE NOT US FOLLOWING OUR RULES.
I do also think the SCDSL is the better direction of club soccer WHY? PLAY LESS GAMES AND PAY MORE MONEY FOR LESS??. Coast soccer is simply irrelevant now PROVE IT. LM Ayso became irrelevant and LMSA became the league of the city YOU HAVE NO CLUE AS TO WHAT HAPPENED BY YOUR COMMENT HERE. No need to bash it. Time to embrace it before you are left playing coast rec Soccer league teams LOL.
AGAIN YOU LIKE SCDSL OK YOU PLAY THERE AND ARE HAPPY GOOD FOR YOU BUT TEAMS ARE CONTROLLED BY DIRECTOR WITH NO RIME OR REASON FOR PROMOTION HOW MANY TEAMS GET REGULATED DOWN IN SCDSL WHAT PRICE TO THEY PAY FOR BEING BAD??
Soccer parents suck

La Mirada, CA

#4806 Jul 11, 2014
I read this thread a year ago and when I comeback its the same BS. Soccer parents are a bunch of little bitches.
LMSA 2

Whittier, CA

#4807 Jul 11, 2014
LMSA Oldster wrote:
<quoted text>
On terrible fields. The team won against tier 3 scdl teams so don't get too carried away. Lets see them win at Silver and in the President Cup not Jerry Brown's State Cup
Premier Soccer

Los Angeles, CA

#4808 Jul 12, 2014
AC Brea boys U13 is in North Carolina competing in the "Premier National Finals" this week good luck. Two local boys on that team.
LMSA Oldster

Los Angeles, CA

#4809 Jul 12, 2014
Premier Soccer wrote:
AC Brea boys U13 is in North Carolina competing in the "Premier National Finals" this week good luck. Two local boys on that team.
Is that one of Rus' teams.?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roger Hernandez Arrested 2 hr Hernandez Shame 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin For Life 27,911
Marine jailed in Mexico on weapons charges awai... 4 hr nifongnation 2
were his all the og sgv taggers at (Dec '07) 7 hr kaka gang 962
SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary (Jun '10) 12 hr Dolly 111
Louie Lujan Government 13 hr Opera Hero 4
mayor manuel lozano sued peraonally for $10,000 13 hr Roger Hernandez 12

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match

Rowland Heights Jobs

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info