lmsa parent

Whittier, CA

#4692 Jun 16, 2014
LMSA contributor wrote:
<quoted text>.
Your voices are just talk and its cheap. LMSA accepts nominations to be on the BOD ballot in November I suggest if you really have ideas and think you can help take ACTION and put your names on it. It will take you all of a week to see and realize what it really takes and how hard all the volunteers work to keep Lmsa up and running.
Skills nights are in the works. We're looking at up to 12 Friday night sessions by several different groups. Some of whom may actually get paid to do the training !! OMG! Imagine that ! &#128551;
to get on the bod you need to be friends of don jacks thats the only way he can keep getting re elected as president just look at who is on the bod.
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#4693 Jun 17, 2014
lmsa parent wrote:
<quoted text>when you have a parent volunteer or john doe volunteer that does not know a thing about soccer playing against a signature/club coach you call that fair.
like the club coach who never got beat at the u6 age and his u13 or u12s boys club team side aswell. If you were lucky enough to be on that team of u6's you got professional training at a Recreational price from a volunteer coach. but if he is willing to help other coaches make all the kids better what is wrong with that.
Champion

Huntington Beach, CA

#4694 Jun 17, 2014
lmsa parent wrote:
<quoted text>when you have a parent volunteer or john doe volunteer that does not know a thing about soccer playing against a signature/club coach you call that fair.
its not fair to the Team when a coach shows up unprepared even if its Rec. Fact is the coaching materials are plenty nowadays...
LM Rec Coach

Los Angeles, CA

#4695 Jun 17, 2014
As a coach would I like to see paid head coaches? Absolutely it's not an easy job and I can't imagine what it's like at the club level. Plus those coaches could come down and help us rec cosches since they are being paid. Just my idea because it seems like we could even get really good coaches to come coach in LM if we paid them. I'm all for it!
Davis

La Habra, CA

#4696 Jun 17, 2014
Are you talking paid trainers and paid coaches? they aren't the same
Many teams have paid trainers that dont do games, are you asking for a coach who trains and does the game or just a trainer to train?
LMSA contributor

Huntington Beach, CA

#4697 Jun 17, 2014
ex lmsa coach wrote:
<quoted text>i know theres a few bod on forum with decoy names any takers.
What was the original question?
LMSA contributor

Huntington Beach, CA

#4698 Jun 17, 2014
lmsa parent wrote:
<quoted text>to get on the bod you need to be friends of don jacks thats the only way he can keep getting re elected as president just look at who is on the bod.

Board is open to anyone who wants to put their name on the ballot. And all the Lmsa members/parents vote on it. Not hard at all. President gets elected by the BOD. Want a new president ? get on the board and get your vote on. Step up and Take action. That goes for everything. Getting involved is the only way to help get your thoughts in. Anyone can sit around and complain that's the cheap way out. And if anyone has some GOOD reason they can't join, every board meeting is open to the public. I've been and you know how many other parents I've see there ??????? Zero ! So goes to show how the majority of people feel about the way the league is run. If it was terrible the room would be packed
LMSA contributor

Huntington Beach, CA

#4699 Jun 17, 2014
LMSA wrote:
<quoted text>
like the club coach who never got beat at the u6 age and his u13 or u12s boys club team side aswell. If you were lucky enough to be on that team of u6's you got professional training at a Recreational price from a volunteer coach. but if he is willing to help other coaches make all the kids better what is wrong with that.
Nothing wrong with that at all. It does happen but I agree it could happen more. Fact is it's all up to the coach and their efforts. For the inexperienced coaches there's books,videos, online material, cal south training and educational classes year round. The league now has 2 directors of coaches to assist as well. The coaches who want to do better can, the information is everywhere. Same reason more parents should step in and help coach the opportunity for growth is there for the taking, during the season I eat sleep and breath soccer that way I'm sure I'm doing the best I can for the kids on my team . The effort can miles past experience
LM Rec Coach

Downey, CA

#4700 Jun 17, 2014
Yes paid coaches and trainers. Allow both I was told the club only allows trainers to be paid. There is no incentive to coach only to be a trainer. Why would I want to coach for free if I can just get paid to show up a couple nights a week to get paid? The BOD isn't thinking big picture. I agree referees snack bar and club coaches should be all paid. It's not a job it's side money for the referees and snack bar people. That's all I'm saying. Plus it's an incentive for those that want to be a ref go do it, want to be a club coach, go do it.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#4701 Jun 17, 2014
isn't that going to be expensive having both?

The big picture is what? I'm pretty sure that we are but maybe we are missing something, what are we missing for the bigger picture, what are our future plans? Incentive to make money is that what you are saying, how much should we pay the coach who decides the cost bod parents me who and how much for what?

just remember people this is our first year and so far the only thing neg I've really heard is the paid coach thing and I can't but believe that is mostly from teams that have left

I just wnat to say we did a great job this past year nothing to be ashmaed of.
Dont know the final figure yet but I think we had more club kids come to our program then our club likds left to play for other programs.
curious

Los Angeles, CA

#4702 Jun 18, 2014
LMSA wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is that? Tim? Edwin? Dont tell me your talking about Champion?
LMSA info

Los Angeles, CA

#4703 Jun 18, 2014
Leon .....He Coahed his daughters team in U6.
Also had a Boys club team that went undefeated to win his fall season and won Spring cup. But now keeping the players and fighting off poachers becomes tbe issue.
some of his players have been offered all paid seasons to move and strengthen their teams.
LMSA

Huntington Beach, CA

#4704 Jun 18, 2014
LMSA info wrote:
But now keeping the players and fighting off poachers becomes tbe issue.
some of his players have been offered all paid seasons to move and strengthen their teams.
Such is the way of Club soccer.
Before LM Club people from Club teams use to regularly come to our LMSA/ AYSO playoffs to scout and recruit players for their programs.

We made it easier for them bye having Club, now they can really see how a kid does in a more competitive environment before poaching them.

If we really do care about the kids we should be happy for their opportunity to get professional coaching/ training and advance their careers beyond what LMSA can offer.
LMSA future

Los Angeles, CA

#4705 Jun 18, 2014
lmsa wrote:
Bob's such a great coach he should apply for the mens national team for the next world cup.
LMSA had the " Who is the best coach of LMSA" contest.
Bob Davis and Tim Jones were the high vote. Maybe not Jerkin Klingsmen job but at least another go around with a peewee team. If the numbers are over 1000 the pool to create great soccer players is with in LMSA. Davis any number how many got turned away?
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#4706 Jun 18, 2014
LMSAClub teams did really well. No different then other clubs in the area. We moved a few teams up brackets and a few have some fresh blood pumped in to them this season. Were all the skeptics expecting all the teams to break out of Bronze? if two or three Bronze teams can win and move up and one or two Silver team can also win to go SElite then i believe we are in great shape for a club/city volunteer program. Brea, Rangers, Strikers last i checked had a ton a bronze teams. Some want a paid pro coach...try Strikers. Three minutes away, European accents, Class *A* Lic., X Pro Baller, Handsome young man....
Its not all in the coaching the players need to all grow aswell parents fail to see that not every kid with proper training will be a superstar. It helps but no guarrantees!
Davis

Inglewood, CA

#4707 Jun 18, 2014
LMSA future wrote:
<quoted text>
LMSA had the " Who is the best coach of LMSA" contest.
Bob Davis and Tim Jones were the high vote. Maybe not Jerkin Klingsmen job but at least another go around with a peewee team. If the numbers are over 1000 the pool to create great soccer players is with in LMSA. Davis any number how many got turned away?
Zero the city oked for us to be at 74%
Davis

Inglewood, CA

#4708 Jun 18, 2014
We have some real issue coming up look got a new blog in the la Mirada forum
Not soccer related
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#4709 Jun 18, 2014
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>
Zero the city oked for us to be at 74%
so if they dont play LMSA its because not enough coaches not because non residents?
LM DAD

Rosemead, CA

#4710 Jun 18, 2014
Davis wrote:
We have some real issue coming up look got a new blog in the la Mirada forum
Not soccer related
What are you referring to Bob? Please explain.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#4711 Jun 18, 2014
LMSA wrote:
<quoted text>
so if they dont play LMSA its because not enough coaches not because non residents?
Yes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Poster X 34,165
News Anaheim struggles with growing homeless crisis ... 6 hr Voice of Reason 2
News 18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) 12 hr HHG 1,829
were his all the og sgv taggers at (Dec '07) 17 hr Big2down626 1,048
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 17 hr CAPOEMFTMS 2,819
does anyone know of 17446 renault street before... 22 hr 7337PEEP 2
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jul '17 Lynn 4,551

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages