LMSA Soccer

Posted in the Rowland Heights Forum

Comments (Page 222)

Showing posts 4,421 - 4,440 of4,789
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4466
May 13, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Congrats to LMHS girls wrote:
<quoted text>
I for one would love to see them all on the field at the same time, but it didn't happen last year. They were too underdeveloped physically and inexperienced to make an impact in CIF. This year, they can definitely make an impact, but with MANY Juniors returning to be Seniors next season, play time will be interesting to see for the underclass returners.
You have a lot of different variables that need to be factored in here. Your Froshsoon to be Soph win against other girls their own age and size generally speaking. In HS they must play girls who can be up to 3 years older and twice their size.

Now in 2016 they will certainly dominate HS.
ASC Soccer

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4467
May 14, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Will LMSA ever hire a professional Director of Competitive Programs and Coaching? No. That isn't the mentality the program wants.

The biggest problem with LMSA is they have too many volunteers first. Volunteer coaches with ego's putting their kids first over the team and the other players. Not all coaches are like that, but most are you can't defend that.

In real club soccer you have former college or professional players coaching teams, guys with C, B, and A licenses. Guys with no agendas, just looking to develop players, get them prepared for college, while winning also. The mentality of this blog and LMSA members is volunteer is the only way and best way, and we are okay with being a bronze maybe silver club program. That is straight from this blog.

Well parents and players will leave for bigger and better things. You don't see companies like Apple, Google, or Disney say we just want to be average? Nor do you hear the Yankees, Galaxy, Broncos say letís be average this year? No they all want to get better and be elite. LMSA's club program is a foster program for all the bigger clubs. Look at La Habra and Whittier. Club programs come and go, new logos, new name changes, new colors. Same thing happens. Whittier had WSC, became America United, OC Revolution, now Strikers? We are talking only 8 years 4 different changes. Juventus FC is now North OC Club? Remember La Habra United? 3 different changes in 8 years.

LMSA probably will not have the same problem because they have a rec program supporting them, unlike Whittier and LH did. But the LMSA club program will falter around until someone makes the decision to bring someone in like Brea soccer club or Fullerton Rangers. Those are the model organizations in the area and they do it the right way. LMSA wonít budge in my opinion. Because of the volunteer mentality.
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4468
May 14, 2014
 
FYI CSL has added over 700 new team from last year
Big Ant

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4469
May 14, 2014
 
LMSA wrote:
We all know Bob has a Lynching party after him so we need to take most of it with a grain of salt.
There was some great soccer played last weekend and yes some goo close ones. Most teams not out yet. If LMSA can bring home 3 or 4 cups that woul be great for the amount of teams it has.
I heard xplosion has around 35 club teams? any one know?
They have around 22 teams
Coast Cup

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4470
May 15, 2014
 
Maybe we can. get some new chsmps at LMSA so our pics on website can be updated.
Spring officialy ends Sunday correct?
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4471
May 15, 2014
 
ASC Soccer wrote:
Will LMSA ever hire a professional Director of Competitive Programs and Coaching? No. That isn't the mentality the program wants.
The biggest problem with LMSA is they have too many volunteers first. Volunteer coaches with ego's putting their kids first over the team and the other players. Not all coaches are like that, but most are you can't defend that.
In real club soccer you have former college or professional players coaching teams, guys with C, B, and A licenses. Guys with no agendas, just looking to develop players, get them prepared for college, while winning also. The mentality of this blog and LMSA members is volunteer is the only way and best way, and we are okay with being a bronze maybe silver club program. That is straight from this blog.
Well parents and players will leave for bigger and better things. You don't see companies like Apple, Google, or Disney say we just want to be average? Nor do you hear the Yankees, Galaxy, Broncos say letís be average this year? No they all want to get better and be elite. LMSA's club program is a foster program for all the bigger clubs. Look at La Habra and Whittier. Club programs come and go, new logos, new name changes, new colors. Same thing happens. Whittier had WSC, became America United, OC Revolution, now Strikers? We are talking only 8 years 4 different changes. Juventus FC is now North OC Club? Remember La Habra United? 3 different changes in 8 years.
LMSA probably will not have the same problem because they have a rec program supporting them, unlike Whittier and LH did. But the LMSA club program will falter around until someone makes the decision to bring someone in like Brea soccer club or Fullerton Rangers. Those are the model organizations in the area and they do it the right way. LMSA wonít budge in my opinion. Because of the volunteer mentality.
BTW we are a real "club" program, we had a very good first year. We may not fit your model of a real club program but that's your problem!
We all know that if we don't improve we won't get better and it starts with me. All the coaches know that if they don't continue to improve as coaches and trainers and be able to challenge their player to become better they won't keep their players, but so far most are working on getting better, understand that they need to THAT IS WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT.
No we won't be like the SCDSL that was started so that the dir's could make more money, THAT WONT HAPPEN HERE PERIOD kids come first here maybe that's a little different then what you are used to but it is better for the kids of La Mirada
Lets look at the local programs with tech dir AC Brea has 13 bronze team as does Fullerton, strikers north has 5 3 tier teams and 4 not so good tier 2 teams ocp has 16 bronze teams.The point is that just because you pay a tech dir doesn't just make you a better program, should bronze teams pay for tech dir? it should help but if their interest is just making money and adding teams to make more money then who are they kidding???
you say that we must change our mentality why? so that someone can make money because that is what real club is about. Tech dir biggest contribution to it's program is the ability to recruit. You want a better team in club go out a recruit better players that's how it is done we will work with our kids in La Mirada because that is we are here for not someone to make money off some else back

IMHO
Dad coach

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4472
May 15, 2014
 
Bob has always pushed for the club coaching to higher the knowledge of the game and that i can confirm. What he is against is the collection for their financial and personal benefit. Yeah im a Daddy Coach and Yes i dont recieve one penny for the endless hours I put in. If you think that because its free its any less superior then the club teams in the area your mistaken. Dont generalize the entire program there is good and bad teams in all programs. We wont shake the skeptics of the $ club untill they get beat. Are there not great Drs that volunteer works because somtimes its in their heart to give back?
consider anytime a Club LMSA team plays, their handicap is not for the coaching but the residency and the minumum play time rules. Expect to get the weaker players half the game in a close one.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4473
May 16, 2014
 
Club Teams have no minumum play time or residency rules. On top of fees being paid their are mandatory fundraisers and tournament fees....maybe your little tony might play if he is lucky and they didnt bring guest players for the weekend oh but its about the development? or doing whats needed to win the trophies.
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4474
May 16, 2014
 
Something I've always said we MUST be the the first choice for the kids and we won't be unless we work at being the best trainers/coaches, if anyone including me thinks that they know it all already the program won't be anything but a glorified rec program thats not what i'm in this for

** WE MUST BE THE FIRST CHOICE FOR THE KIDS OF LA MIRADA

Did I make myself clear and what I want this program to be and it doesn't take money it takes very hard work and passion
LMSA

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4475
May 16, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Dad coach wrote:
Bob has always pushed for the club coaching to higher the knowledge of the game and that i can confirm. What he is against is the collection for their financial and personal benefit. Yeah im a Daddy Coach and Yes i dont recieve one penny for the endless hours I put in. If you think that because its free its any less superior then the club teams in the area your mistaken. Dont generalize the entire program there is good and bad teams in all programs. We wont shake the skeptics of the $ club untill they get beat. Are there not great Drs that volunteer works because somtimes its in their heart to give back?
consider anytime a Club LMSA team plays, their handicap is not for the coaching but the residency and the minumum play time rules. Expect to get the weaker players half the game in a close one.
"DAD COACH" Your handicap is not and should never be minimum play time rules. If you think that way, then don't coach! The "weaker players" will never become strong sitting on the bench. Don't take their time or money if you are not going to let them play. It is not beneficial to the young individual. Don't make them hate a sport because of your egocentric and demeaning ways!
LMSA

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4476
May 16, 2014
 
Agree. You will see most LMSa teams carry 14-15 players while the money clubs carry 17-18 to pay the fees.
lmsa ll

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4477
May 16, 2014
 
Agree development is in the play time.
But is LMSA not at a disadvantage vrs other club teams that play the 11 best if the game has not been resolved? kids wont feel cheated on LMSA bench they get to play.
All LMSA players will play 50 percent!
Beckham

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4478
May 18, 2014
 
I have a child in LMSA signature.....it's a good place to start and been happy so far. That being said when we choose to move to club it will not be with LMSA, it will be with a club that does not mandate 50% playing time. From what I have see. So far these club programs that are affiliated with leagues just don't cut it and I believe that is one reason why. Of course there are always exceptions.....but they are few and far between.
LMSA

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4479
May 18, 2014
 
Beckham wrote:
I have a child in LMSA signature.....it's a good place to start and been happy so far. That being said when we choose to move to club it will not be with LMSA, it will be with a club that does not mandate 50% playing time. From what I have see. So far these club programs that are affiliated with leagues just don't cut it and I believe that is one reason why. Of course there are always exceptions.....but they are few and far between.
Looking at the list. The only team is the 2014 BU12 or BU15 team that is playing Signature. So If you are on one of the other teams, you have already gone club.

Hey Bob
How did you do today?
LMSA 2

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4480
May 18, 2014
 
Beckham wrote:
I have a child in LMSA signature.....it's a good place to start and been happy so far. That being said when we choose to move to club it will not be with LMSA, it will be with a club that does not mandate 50% playing time. From what I have see. So far these club programs that are affiliated with leagues just don't cut it and I believe that is one reason why. Of course there are always exceptions.....but they are few and far between.
That is the reason why those clubs have to recruit heavily every year. When you carry 17 players and 5-6 rarely play you have to continually replace 1/3 of your team every year. Players and parents aren't happy unless their kids are playing. They will leave. You also see that once they start losing the flood gates open and players scatter. Seen it many times. 2 years and done.
Club Dad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4481
May 18, 2014
 
These LMSA club teams have such small roster size because of the 50% playing time rule. One of The silliest rules ever. That is why LMSA as a club program isn't successful or won't be successful.
LMSA 2

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4482
May 18, 2014
 
Club Dad wrote:
These LMSA club teams have such small roster size because of the 50% playing time rule. One of The silliest rules ever. That is why LMSA as a club program isn't successful or won't be successful.
Define success. 3-4 teams out of 8 moving up in its first year of play. Each team at LMSA is different and has different styles. Maybe your age groups style doesn't fit you wants. That's fine leave. Everyone needs to evaluate what they feel is best for their child. Many parents will never be happy. Hope you aren't one of those that have been jumping clubs looking for love in all the wrong places. If so how is that better?
LMSA

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4483
May 18, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It is all in how you measure success. If every single child on the team walks away from a game feeling they were part of the team and with their heads held high, then I consider that success. If the few that only played a few minutes walk away feeling sad and not a part of the team, then that is failure, whether the team won or lost the game.
LMSA Parent

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4484
May 18, 2014
 
Congratulations
GU9 Spring Cup Champions Nemesis
BU13 Spring Cup Champions Stampede
GU10 - JUSA Champions - Chavez
Davis

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4485
May 19, 2014
 
Pride lost in the finals- had a great tournament
we can talk about the 50% play time for ever and what is right and what isn't , but lmsa feels that the kids should play not just pay.
some aren't going to be able to adjust thats ok it doesn't make it right, but most everyone that i talk to about says what we do is a good thing and everyone should do it, they understand that large rosters are for the coaches/trainers to get paid and that is ruining the game for the kids.
Sure some parents dont like the issue that susie has to play half the game but if susie is needed to play she will be better preparied

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,421 - 4,440 of4,789
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rowland Heights
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••