Davis

Inglewood, CA

#4203 Mar 12, 2014
Don't need a clue have several, need ideas. I sent out an email to all our club coaches and asked for ideas and improvements that we can do. so what are you ideas

We are working on lot of stuff to improve our program so please be nice and understand that we don't need to be ridiculed by someone that doesn't know what is going on.
I will let everyone know when things get done but as of now we are working on details
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#4204 Mar 12, 2014
For boys, Ninja Turtles
For girls, Lady Bugs

But to be something that will stand out my vote:

La Mirada FC
LMSA 2

Whittier, CA

#4205 Mar 12, 2014
LMFC
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4206 Mar 13, 2014
We do have an image issue. Pier pressure last night my girls were telling me people aren't giving them any respect as a soccer player because we are rec., that the first year was just a trail run and we are going back to signature and that was by lm kids and dads just imagine what other are saying. But we have some fundamental issues to resolve before we get any respect. Our younger's need to be trained right for this program to ender and like mentioned in other post winning get's people to look at you but you must be able to show substance with a quality training program otherwise they will leave again IMHO
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#4208 Mar 13, 2014
Due time will get us our Respect....we have to win a few titles and beat a few respectable clubs out there. A few teams being competitive in silver and reaching silver elites and higher always draws attention.
I have faith in LMSA respect to come....but it will have to be homegrown.
NicsDad

Covina, CA

#4209 Mar 14, 2014
If you want to give club a try, Brea BU00 holds "tryouts" at every practice. Marius invites all to come by. He will let you know right away whether or not you can help his team get better. There turnover thus far consists of four who've chosen to either, quit soccer or move to an academy team or asked for their release. However, this age group's window is closing fast as far as attaining the skill set to reach upper echelon before HS, etc.

Bobby has set the tone with proper training and attitude towards improvement and competitiveness. LMSA would do well to begin similarly working with the "seed corn" at youngers and aim for top level players/coaches/teams when THEY are about to enter HS and look towards college in five years or so.
Davis

Inglewood, CA

#4210 Mar 14, 2014
Sorry explain seed corn? I don't understand
LMSA 2

Whittier, CA

#4211 Mar 14, 2014
If you plant the seed with the corn grow ever without water?
Regardless of where you are playing you have to win and be moving ahead to get respect. I know many silver players that are static that don't get respect either even at these high priced clubs. Xpolsion teams don't get it, Whittier Strikers teams don't get it. Brea is still a tiny club even with 35 bronze teams. B teams at clubs don't get it within their club. They will always be the B team.
HUHMINA HUHMINA

Pico Rivera, CA

#4212 Mar 14, 2014
Davis wrote:
Sorry explain seed corn? I don't understand
you're a bright guy, no? seed corn=BEFORE the root takes place=VERY EARLY IN DEVELOPMENT
ouchbobby

Los Angeles, CA

#4213 Mar 15, 2014
Bobby you are 2 games in and 2 losses. Is this confirming your decision ti not take that double jump to Silver Elite? Especially since you lost to Xplosion.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4214 Mar 15, 2014
HUHMINA HUHMINA wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a bright guy, no? seed corn=BEFORE the root takes place=VERY EARLY IN DEVELOPMENT
Really dude, I'm so bright my mom calls me SON get it

loser
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#4215 Mar 15, 2014
Yup, O and 2 to start a season. B13 will bounce back. Yes they lost to Xplosion 1 to 0. Leon is level 1, That was the "A" team going Silver Elite. The State Cup Champs are level 2. still very early to draw conclusions but that team is definatly ready for Silvet in Fall.
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#4216 Mar 17, 2014
Better weekend for B13
win and a tie ....
Leon B13

Whittier, CA

#4217 Mar 17, 2014
LMSA wrote:
Yup, O and 2 to start a season. B13 will bounce back. Yes they lost to Xplosion 1 to 0. Leon is level 1, That was the "A" team going Silver Elite. The State Cup Champs are level 2. still very early to draw conclusions but that team is definatly ready for Silvet in Fall.
Yeah my interest is to get more positive results for Fall. Spring is great time for transitional teams to play vrs good teams in level 1. We will be Silver not Silver Elite....although our 1 to 1 tie yesterday was to first place Irvine Premier Silver Elite team. Our team will be more competetive in Silver and prefer to earn it. Yeah was a bad opening 2 games but no excuses we played bad maybe the layoff?
hope we can get another few good games of good soccer to show up for us. Dont count us at below 500 yet.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#4218 Mar 17, 2014
You all need to remember that as each team moves up in level the quality of the opponent also moves up. Leon will have some real teams to play. Going .500 is not bad in Silver or Silver Elite. Of course the whole idea is to win at each level and move up each year. LMSA may as well get use to the idea that after Bronze that is just not gonna happen alot or at all sometimes.
The most LMSA team can realistically shoot for is Silver Elite.
And thats a reach IMHO.
No LMSA team,(As it is now) is or will be a Gold Level team. They may have some Gold Level players but no team.

Bob's team will age out is a couple of years, so if LMSA Club were smart they would start Bob at the U10 division again.(The thing about seeds is a perfect example of how it should work)

Someday LMSA will get the idea of a real Director of Coaching/Training, but till then it will be a sort of hit or miss thing at each age group.
LMSA Parent

Whittier, CA

#4219 Mar 17, 2014
Why can't the league buy more lights for Benton?
Davis

Inglewood, CA

#4220 Mar 18, 2014
LMSA Parent wrote:
Why can't the league buy more lights for Benton?
We are
LMSA ll

Los Angeles, CA

#4221 Mar 19, 2014
So whats the latest from the board meeting?
Any dates on the lights?
Why hasnt LMSA investigated the highschool as a location for games or practices. If we are getting some schools to practice on why is the highschool any diferent?
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4222 Mar 19, 2014
WE PUT TOGETHER A COMMITTEE FOR THE LIGHTS AND WILL HAVE A PLAN FOR THE BOD TO VOTE ON NEXT MEETING PLAN IS TO HAVE THEM READY FOR THE FALL.
There was a proposal for 4 new light standards we will decide on how many and where THERE ARE SEVERAL VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED BEFORE WE EXPAND TO MUCH IT ISN'T JUST AS SIMPLE AS ROLL OUT THE NEW LIGHT STANDS AND TURN THEM ON SORRY TO SAY
The high school and some other schools which can say no to don't want kids there and yes we look and asked for any and all open spaces in LM.
The question should have read " what did the high school say when you asked them" not why haven't we really do you think that know one know about the high school
LMSA ll

Los Angeles, CA

#4223 Mar 19, 2014
Davis wrote:
WE PUT TOGETHER A COMMITTEE FOR THE LIGHTS AND WILL HAVE A PLAN FOR THE BOD TO VOTE ON NEXT MEETING PLAN IS TO HAVE THEM READY FOR THE FALL.
There was a proposal for 4 new light standards we will decide on how many and where THERE ARE SEVERAL VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED BEFORE WE EXPAND TO MUCH IT ISN'T JUST AS SIMPLE AS ROLL OUT THE NEW LIGHT STANDS AND TURN THEM ON SORRY TO SAY
The high school and some other schools which can say no to don't want kids there and yes we look and asked for any and all open spaces in LM.
The question should have read " what did the high school say when you asked them" not why haven't we really do you think that know one know about the high school
Sorry I'm married learned not to assume anything....
We do have a great Board that gets stronger with new blood. Certainly its going in a good direction both on and off the field.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's happening at Euclid & Orangethorpe?? (Dec '11) 13 min L8ker Kris10 5
police activity 17 min tellinitlikeitis 3
Children briefly trapped after tree falls on ca... 21 min Pun Down 2
city improvements 23 min Hitachi Bianca 3
Don't respond to Mr. Negative Liar Tuttle 48 min Honest John 8
Tuttle's an internet joke 49 min Honest John 5
Pacheco's little Car wash Buddy playing Compute... 51 min Honest John 10

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at March 30 at 7:52PM PDT

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]