Davis

La Habra, CA

#4164 Mar 1, 2014
SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
Spring is always played at Benton.
So the closing of LCMS to practice is not problem that way. Just less evening practice sites.
There is plenty of field space that is not used in LM. Teams just have to practice early to use daylight.
Just have the BOD's do the leg work and get permission.
Work, yeah, but isn't that their job ?
There was a time in the old AYSO days that almost all elem and mid schools in LM were used.
the city is only letting us use Benton
Seriously

Whittier, CA

#4165 Mar 1, 2014
Whatever it is LMSA will figure it out. Benton is big and once daylight savings time starts in a couple of weeks it will be a little easier. Teams need to reduce to 20x20 spaces. If Rangers can survive this way so can we. You see 8 teams on a field for training. They have issues with baseball taken all but one of their fields also.
Seriously

Whittier, CA

#4166 Mar 1, 2014
SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
Spring is always played at Benton.
So the closing of LCMS to practice is not problem that way. Just less evening practice sites.
There is plenty of field space that is not used in LM. Teams just have to practice early to use daylight.
Just have the BOD's do the leg work and get permission.
Work, yeah, but isn't that their job ?
There was a time in the old AYSO days that almost all elem and mid schools in LM were used.
The leagues are still considered seasonal so fields that LMSA and football have in the fall are turned over to the 2 baseball and 2 softball leagues. LMSA allows these teams to practice in the fall as long as they keep the balls from leaving the infield. This works. LMSA coaches need to understand that the same goes for spring when we are limited. We need to stay out of the way and avoid getting hit with baseballs. Their is a coach a pony that intentionally hits balls into soccer teams. Unfortunately those type of idiots are out there. Most pony players don't mind and understand the trade offs. The small minded ones in both leagues bring on overreaction.
Seriously

Whittier, CA

#4167 Mar 1, 2014
unfortunate wrote:
<quoted text>How unfortunate that whomever is to blame for losing our LCMS soccer fields, failed to realize how lucky we were to have it. So many clubs in our area are struggling for field space; Strikers, Juventus, etc. So, now where to? Adult College on Alondra?Davis, are any CSL Spring games being played in LMSA venues? Or will we b travelling to all gamrd.
Schedule for CSL is posted. It looks like over half the games are at home.
LMSA 2

Whittier, CA

#4168 Mar 1, 2014
When are the other schedules coming out.
future

Los Angeles, CA

#4169 Mar 1, 2014
The loss of Coyotes was due to a parent not a coach.
A parent refused to pull her kids off the grass because she said she was a teacher there and coaches were not permitted to set up before 4:30 but kids could play on the grass. She would also be talking to the principal about it.
Mr. Bb was making it a big deal. it was 4:25 anyways, he got on the phone and cried the blues, I believe they were looking at a way to get us out.
Greh

United States

#4170 Mar 2, 2014
future wrote:
The loss of Coyotes was due to a parent not a coach.
A parent refused to pull her kids off the grass because she said she was a teacher there and coaches were not permitted to set up before 4:30 but kids could play on the grass. She would also be talking to the principal about it.
Mr. Bb was making it a big deal. it was 4:25 anyways, he got on the phone and cried the blues, I believe they were looking at a way to get us out.
Aww, hogwash!
LMSA 2

Whittier, CA

#4171 Mar 2, 2014
I would think that they would figure out how to compromise. They don't want to be blocked in the fall like they are doing now. Can't we all just get along.
unfortunate

Hawaiian Gardens, CA

#4172 Mar 2, 2014
Greh wrote:
<quoted text>Aww, hogwash!
Who's Mr. Bb?
LMSA 2

Whittier, CA

#4173 Mar 2, 2014
Mr. Baseball was played by Tom Selleck
future

Los Angeles, CA

#4174 Mar 4, 2014
Who decides and how do teams get bracketed in Coast for Spring soccer? I'm wondering how some LMSA teams will fare vrs. higher then Bronze teams playing in level one.
People keep saying its not a big deal, not as competetive, better teams dont participate. This is a first spring for many LMSA teams and want to know what to expect now.
better than avg

Whittier, CA

#4175 Mar 4, 2014
future wrote:
Who decides and how do teams get bracketed in Coast for Spring soccer? I'm wondering how some LMSA teams will fare vrs. higher then Bronze teams playing in level one.
People keep saying its not a big deal, not as competetive, better teams dont participate. This is a first spring for many LMSA teams and want to know what to expect now.
good Q, you are fortunate , Teams that tend to be in the top part of these brackets close by @ XplosionSC. That should give you a very good understanding of the levels
LMSA 2

Whittier, CA

#4176 Mar 4, 2014
Depending on the teams records. It looks like those teams that are moving up next year to silver were placed in the upper brackets. Those being left behind or new teams stayed in the lower brackets.

So that being said of the 5 teams in lower brackets. 4 of them are new to CSL. 3 of the 4 CSL returning coaches have been moved up.

The problem is that the upper brackets can have high bronze teams through Gold teams. So it will be tough..500 would be a great accomplishment for these teams.
other coach

Los Angeles, CA

#4177 Mar 4, 2014
Never been a believer in 500 as that result would be an average season. Level one Coast Spring brackets are filled with Bronze champs and up to gold teams. Higher then what the LMSA teams will play come Fall. Good precursor to Fall, seasons resultes could be decieving. But this groupings of various levels teams with a 500 season would be very respectful. We have some competetive teams representing LMSA dont be surprised to see a team better that.
ping_it

Rosemead, CA

#4178 Mar 5, 2014
Strikers BU13 got rolled at National Cup, shutout 5-0 & 9-0 before losing 5-2 in game 3! wow!

good sources telling me that they likely will lose four players to club and/or full-time baseball.

there will be spots available for what will likely be a flight 2 team in the fall. see coach rob at chiropractic college fields tues. and thurs. nights.
LMSA

La Mirada, CA

#4179 Mar 5, 2014
ping_it wrote:
Strikers BU13 got rolled at National Cup, shutout 5-0 & 9-0 before losing 5-2 in game 3! wow!
good sources telling me that they likely will lose four players to club and/or full-time baseball.
there will be spots available for what will likely be a flight 2 team in the fall. see coach rob at chiropractic college fields tues. and thurs. nights.
Isn't this the group that split off of Leon's team before LMSA decided to go Club ?
Leon B13

Whittier, CA

#4180 Mar 5, 2014
ping_it wrote:
I always say when your on top and winning everyone is happy and stays.
when your on the bottom and dont win the mood is dark and kids leave.
National cup is no Governors bracket, the best of the best compete there I feel for those boys. I really dont see any U13 boys going to make a move from our team to Stikers, On the contrary they are more interested to come to LMSA for now. So just in case see me M and W 5:15 Benton....lol
Flight 2 in SCDSL in my opinion is where that Strikers tier 1 team can be more competetive.
NicsDad

Rosemead, CA

#4181 Mar 6, 2014
LMSA wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't this the group that split off of Leon's team before LMSA decided to go Club ?
I am aware of only one, at this level, who arrived from Leon's team. there were two others who were playing with the flight 3 team. i believe only one of them stuck with that team.
other coach

Los Angeles, CA

#4182 Mar 6, 2014
A Rangers Mom told me her u10 boys season would be almost 2000.00. I know Brea is around 1500.00. What is Strikers? these fees are if you have their paid coach im assuming. But also thesecoacheshave various teams and go MIA at times.
If LMSA can compete on the fields with a respectable product then they will always consider departure.
And so we go back to the same questio. Money doesn't always buy you the best or better. The advantage of these clubs is they can carry 40 kids per age group. a great gold/premiers team a mid level team and the developmental team....parents will keep on the hopes of their kid reaching that premiere team. but in the meanwhile the payments keep coming.
Think About It

Whittier, CA

#4183 Mar 6, 2014
If you are not on the top team your team is there to feed the higher level team. They will keep taking the best from the lower teams and move them up while everyone else stays stagnant. You see it now. Rangers #2 teams in both boys and girls stuck at Silver while their top team keeps moving up. If you are one of those on the mid level team your fees are paid to develop players to leave your team.

If you child is happy stay and pay the 2k, If you are there to tell others that you play for the Rangers/Strikers than you are there for the wrong reason. And by the way no one cares who you play for unless you are gold or premier and beyond. Tier 1 is a watered down version of silver elite and gold teams in comparison. Don't get too excited yet. SCDSL doesn't make you earn your level unfortunately.

LMSA tryouts are coming. Don't make that first payment or you are stuck at one of these other clubs. Money is gone at that point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 min You phartsz 33,681
War Zone Between Bassett and La Puente Gangs (Jun '09) 2 hr Slim 67
News Topless club shuts its doors (Mar '08) 7 hr TAS 45
Girl Who came to U.S. Illegally can't get Laid 15 hr Fredstar Okamoto 4
Cooch's: A Club For Alkies Only 15 hr Jeffery Batkid 2
Weird Lady Made Fun of Mullet 15 hr Jenny 4
LOOKING for Green Chiles and who remembers (Sep '06) Sun Rvasquez 65

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages