bronze

Whittier, CA

#3943 Jan 12, 2014
All club teams lose fields. Brea, Rangers are reduced in fields also. LM will be fine with Benton and other fields. Always have.
info

Los Angeles, CA

#3944 Jan 12, 2014
Champion wrote:
<quoted text>
good luck, keeping up in Club without practice fields. Club Is Year Round
We have worked around limited fields in the past dont worry.
Dont be a hater because your team is falling apart.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3945 Jan 12, 2014
I have lost all Respect for you my friend Gomez.
As a coach and Ref.
Your errogance has finally cought up, cant believe you never learned the code of conduct in the referee classes you demand it from the sides you ref on saturday but simply become the wolf on sunday.
word left out there is xplosion u14 dirty team with crazy sidlines, good luck finding good clean teams to hold friendlies even if you have fields.
you earned it!
LMSA Observer

Buena Park, CA

#3946 Jan 12, 2014
info wrote:
anyone know how all teams did today?
G12 in tourny?
B10 at Rockstar?
Heard B13 was gona scrimmage and get a taste of that cross town British accent?
GU12 played for 3rd place today and lost.
BU10 didn't do well.
GU9 didn't give up a goal this weekend and won all of there games at the Pats Jr. Cup.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3947 Jan 13, 2014
gu9 was at pats cup? under what name i know Orosco was there w LMSA girls u 11 Renegades.
Gu 9 plays under what name?
bu9 played at Rock star tourny. Respectable as they begin their club venture. very good little team cant get discouraged off a undefeated signature championship. But in the bigger leagues now.
Boys u13 played Strikers tier l team to a 2 to 2 Draw in sat scrimmage.
LMSA Observer

Los Angeles, CA

#3948 Jan 13, 2014
lmsa wrote:
gu9 was at pats cup? under what name i know Orosco was there w LMSA girls u 11 Renegades.
Gu 9 plays under what name?
bu9 played at Rock star tourny. Respectable as they begin their club venture. very good little team cant get discouraged off a undefeated signature championship. But in the bigger leagues now.
Boys u13 played Strikers tier l team to a 2 to 2 Draw in sat scrimmage.
NEMESIS
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3949 Jan 13, 2014
LMSA Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
GU12 played for 3rd place today and lost.
BU10 didn't do well.
GU9 didn't give up a goal this weekend and won all of there games at the Pats Jr. Cup.
I'm confused here Bu10 didn't do well?
Gu12 lost to who?
lmsa dad

Downey, CA

#3950 Jan 14, 2014
Bob how many teams are representing LMSA at state cup at the end of the month?
are all club teams going? and any signature teams?
this looks to be a good year. can we expect some honorable resultes? now that the teams have experienced the level of club and no minimum play time required.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3951 Jan 14, 2014
Bu10
Bu13
gu9
gu11
gu13
LMSA Parent

Whittier, CA

#3952 Jan 14, 2014
A few of those teams should do well, as they did well in their season play. Has LMSA ever had a higher then a quarter finalist?
Did BOD ever decide about one single name for the whole Club program? I like "La Mirada FC"
Davis

Inglewood, CA

#3953 Jan 15, 2014
LMSA Parent wrote:
A few of those teams should do well, as they did well in their season play. Has LMSA ever had a higher then a quarter finalist?
Did BOD ever decide about one single name for the whole Club program? I like "La Mirada FC"
Yes
Davis

Inglewood, CA

#3954 Jan 15, 2014
LMSA Parent wrote:
Lmsa
LM Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#3955 Jan 15, 2014
Who are the new coaches? Is it still too late to apply?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3956 Jan 15, 2014
We will always look at new coaches
LMSA Parent

Whittier, CA

#3957 Jan 15, 2014
Davis wrote:
Bu10
Bu13
gu9
gu11
gu13
I see all but one team going deep into "State Cup" I would really like to see the league step up and give back for good achievement. I dont care if its a free hot dog or a snow cone, acknowledge their efforts. Whats cost on a snowcone 20 cents. For a team 3 or 4 bucks. The simplest things can motivate the hardest matches.
LMSA OBSERVER

Buena Park, CA

#3958 Jan 15, 2014
LMSA Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I see all but one team going deep into "State Cup" I would really like to see the league step up and give back for good achievement. I dont care if its a free hot dog or a snow cone, acknowledge their efforts. Whats cost on a snowcone 20 cents. For a team 3 or 4 bucks. The simplest things can motivate the hardest matches.
Which team?
LMSA Parent

Los Angeles, CA

#3959 Jan 15, 2014
Both Boys teams have had great seasons. I think they willmake at least round of 32.
G 13 unless has added more talent or improved in the last two months will have to work to make it out of first weekend. Deanda has some fiesty little ones. Solid in the back field.
Orosco girls havecup experience and playing well not a bad team.
Cup

Whittier, CA

#3960 Jan 15, 2014
75% of teams advance out of the pool play. I would think only 1 would not advance based on their season. The only variable is that they have a different coach and as long as he changes the game plan they can surprised everyone. The players that left are not going to hurt the team. Let see if they can advance.
B13 lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3961 Jan 15, 2014
Team has just been growing, training hard, scrimmaging in preperation. The team has few injuries and growing pains but all those boys are very tough kids. Saturday they will be playing tier lll Strikers Rob fishers team.
last weekend the boys played the tier l team. Funny how fast they tried to recruite a few through school friends. I think they're more inclined to leave for the price fields and coaching.
Strikers tier lll team ended second place in SCDSL bracket.
in my humble opinion its silver vrs signature SCDSL.
WAIT FOR THE SCORE.
Reality check

Santa Ana, CA

#3962 Jan 16, 2014
Davis wrote:
First let me explain we ALLOW paid trainers so if you took your kid somewhere else because we don't allow paid trainers, that is a misunderstanding. Our interest is for ALL the kids in LM if the HS coaches want to get involved and work with the kids of LM then we will listen.
agreed "If non resident players are willing to come and its not affecting La Mirada Kids why not. "
I don't agree that we have missed a huge opportunity we are learning and growing we could be at over 30 teams by fall if we wanted but that wouldn't benefit the kids of LM. FYI I have been approached by around 18 outside teams to join LMSA just in the past 2 weeks
Second the U19 team has a paid trainer but not a coach that is why there is no U19 team as of now, that is totally up to them NOT US.
I am forming a group of comp. coaches to form it's own group to work on comp. issues. We take to much time of the BOD meeting to discuss all our little quirks. We will be looking at our year in review, learning from it and will grow for future.
A few things that won't change -
No paid coaches, trainers ok (coaches are the "owners" if you will, of the team and still must meet certain requirements)
Residence rule, may be modified for the older's U14 up we will discuss BUT LA MIRADA KIDS COME FIRST
Play time
AGAIN ILL ASK WHAT ARE THE ISSUES WE CAN WORK ON TO IMPROVE OUR PROGRAM NOT JUST THE COMP PROGRAM EITHER
We will do a better job this year in reaching out to the residence and kids of LM this year, we have so much more energy on the BOD with all the new people we can't help but get better.
one last parting statement before I get to work if you want to call me names do it to my face and then we can discuss it. if you think that hurt my feels my family calls me that all the time so ARE you part of my family
I have to say, I find this all wrong. A paid Coach/Trainer is the best thing for a team. If the trainer watches the games, they would know first hand the gaps on the field. So by not allowing a team to pay the coach who is also the trainer, is where the BOD is going wrong.
Personal training is only good if the trainer goes to a game to see what that individual truly needs.
Scdsl E C N L , P D L and Academy level team 8 times out of 10 will beat a premier level team that is in coast soccer. Just the way it is. Yes there are some good premier teams in coast but far more in SCDSL. Remember SCDSL is a developmental league, not a cut throat win all or go home league like coast, which only lets you move up if you won league, maybe if you placed in league cup or if you did well in state cup.
Scdsl promotes, "trial by fire" we will let you play with the big dogs and see how you do. Sink or swim. Basically gives a team a chance to see if they have what it takes.
But hey it's everyone's own choice what path they want to take, right?

But yes the BOD can help to get better, by changing (2) rules that are not promoting a positive growth. Paid coaches/trainers and playing time. It's CLUB!!! It's competitive!!! Playing time restriction is like keeping one training wheel on your bike and not letting you turn left, because u can only turn right...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mexican Mafia's roots run deep in San Gabriel V... 9 hr Speedy Gonzalez 2
Woman arrested in Whittier Massage Parlor prost... (Jan '10) Mon Donald McKinnon 60
Does the Whittier Police have audio and video r... Mon 1art27355 1
News Arcadia man suspected in failed bank robbery (Sep '10) Sun TruthSeeker 14
News Honk: Are those 'Children at Play' signs legal? (Feb '11) Sun wowdumbumb 125
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Sun Walls work 4,563
Ticketed for parking in my front yard??? (Jan '10) Sun Lawdog 87

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages