Davis

La Habra, CA

#3883 Jan 3, 2014
Ok I now have some time- lets have some fun

lets talk about the first comment - Kids either have the talent or not by the fifth or sixth year of playing soccer. You couldn't be more wrong you are saying that kids by the age of 10 -12 playing Rec. soccer have reached their potential, you don't understand physical psychology maturity come after that age. that most of these kids haven't been taught proper fundamentals. if you are talking about playing at a top level them I would agree but not here in Lmsa
next- Don't fool yourself in believing that with proper 1 on 1 training, a player will make it "big". Improvements - tell me one kid in Lmsa that wouldn't benefit from having proper 1 on 1 training and that training wouldn't make "big" improvements in their ability to play the game at the next level, the rational for my comment here is that most kids haven't had proper fundamental training and just the basic fundamental skill training would greatly improve their skills and enjoyment of the game. Just in the few same sessions I've done with some of my girls they have had great improvements in their foot skills and feint moves

But money wiser spent would be on a strength and conditioning coach for an experienced player. Proper personal training would include what is needed for the player if they need a skill worked on - make your weakness your strength- it maybe strength and conditioning or agility but all kids are different and so are their needs.

Most kids working with personal trainers are because the parents want to squeeze more soccer out of Jr. that is probably all ready squeezed. Maybe but I think you are just reaching for stars here what do you mean most or is that just your opinion how many kids do you know that are working with PT who are they because I'm looking for a trainer for my GU15 team.

Or yes Trainers are helpful in the first 2 or three years players begin the game. After some maturity about middle school age or even latter if they are just now starting to develop kids mature at different ages some don't come into their own until latter maybe when they become teenagers

I do believe that we aren't talking the same thing here I think you are trying hard to discredit me and are forgetting that I'm talking about all ages and the Lmsa program you are just referring to the older's at a developed level who hopefully have been taught the basic's and have mastered them and now start the next development part of their careers You do understand age specific training right?

Bob besides having the D lic did you ever really play the game?
In order to be a great dancer and teach it you have to have been a dancer to feel the steps rhythm and beat
Not learned from a dance manual.

The last year I played was about 17 years ago in a over 25 league at the age of 40 I played sweeper, stopper or marked the best forward because I'm really fast a good to great athlete for my age have a short legs for a low center of gravity little to no fear and a cocky attitude like I need to say that.

Again I don't understand why if someone is trying to make their kid better it is a waste without totally understanding all the relational of the decision
LMSA contributor

Los Angeles, CA

#3884 Jan 3, 2014
There's also plenty of kids who are naturally gifted who will never need a personal trainer. personal training is just very structured and specific practice. Athletes at every level benefit from it. Tiger woods still works with a private swing coach every day , Lebron still has a personal shooting coach, neither of which are half the players those two ever were or will be. I guarantee if you gave me any player in the league for an extra 2-4 hours a week they would see waaayyyyyyy better results than there normal 2 day a week team practices. Including little Johnny who can't kick the side of a barn (Though I'd rather coach the girls than boys but that's another subject)
High School

Whittier, CA

#3885 Jan 4, 2014
Did any of the parents step up to take the U19 team yet? It would be nice if they figured it out and can play at home.
LMSA Mom

Pomona, CA

#3886 Jan 4, 2014
Bob why doesn't LMSA host All-Stars or commissioner cup playoffs in December or January? We have some of the best facilities and could host some really good leagues and teams but we don't.
Plus our BOD could show some support for their rec players and coaches.

Is it because the BOD only cares about club? What is the real honest reason?
Driving 40 miles to Laguna Niguel isn't fun every weekend.
Thanks for being the 1 true BOD member to try and listen to us concerned parents, I do not understand why people bash you on here at least he comes on and listens to us.
Rec Soccer

Whittier, CA

#3887 Jan 4, 2014
On the positive side. LMSA is the only league that covers all the costs of all stars. New uniforms, referee fees paid completely. No added expense for the parents. Thank you for the extra support of the rec program over and above the other programs. It is appreciated by those who are smart enough to understand. LM has a history of shutting fields down early with little to no rain. You will never get rained out in Laguna. What do the club teams get that the others don't?
Rec Soccer

Whittier, CA

#3888 Jan 4, 2014
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, with all due respect, I know a lot of people who played at the D1 level, and none of them ever had a personal soccer trainer. Maybe this is a sign of the times (and clearly I'm getting old....), but the players I've seen have one on one training either just weren't good enough for the next level, or whose parents wanted it more than they did. An annual camp or two is one thing, but having a personal trainer just seems like a good way to waste money....
yes and no. I have seen players that spend a lot of money on PT's and never improve and others who have improved greatly. So it is up to the parent to figure out if their child really wants to improve. This is an individual decision.
Info

Whittier, CA

#3889 Jan 5, 2014
All Star teams and CC teams added costs are covered by LMSA.
Leagues with CC and AS will continue to host unless the give it up.
More games in Laguna make sense, field never close
U9 when it was held many years ago was at Behringer.
Who is willing to volunteer to manage the fields when hosting the games? You?
Club team pay 100% for everything they get. 100% for playoff games. 100% for uniforms. There an no advantages for Club teams that is 100% clear.
determined

South El Monte, CA

#3890 Jan 5, 2014
Davis wrote:
Ok I now have some time- lets have some fun
lets talk about the first comment - Kids either have the talent or not by the fifth or sixth year of playing soccer. You couldn't be more wrong you are saying that kids by the age of 10 -12 playing Rec. soccer have reached their potential, you don't understand physical psychology maturity come after that age. that most of these kids haven't been taught proper fundamentals. if you are talking about playing at a top level them I would agree but not here in Lmsa
next- Don't fool yourself in believing that with proper 1 on 1 training, a player will make it "big". Improvements - tell me one kid in Lmsa that wouldn't benefit from having proper 1 on 1 training and that training wouldn't make "big" improvements in their ability to play the game at the next level, the rational for my comment here is that most kids haven't had proper fundamental training and just the basic fundamental skill training would greatly improve their skills and enjoyment of the game. Just in the few same sessions I've done with some of my girls they have had great improvements in their foot skills and feint moves
But money wiser spent would be on a strength and conditioning coach for an experienced player. Proper personal training would include what is needed for the player if they need a skill worked on - make your weakness your strength- it maybe strength and conditioning or agility but all kids are different and so are their needs.
Most kids working with personal trainers are because the parents want to squeeze more soccer out of Jr. that is probably all ready squeezed. Maybe but I think you are just reaching for stars here what do you mean most or is that just your opinion how many kids do you know that are working with PT who are they because I'm looking for a trainer for my GU15 team.
Or yes Trainers are helpful in the first 2 or three years players begin the game. After some maturity about middle school age or even latter if they are just now starting to develop kids mature at different ages some don't come into their own until latter maybe when they become teenagers
I do believe that we aren't talking the same thing here I think you are trying hard to discredit me and are forgetting that I'm talking about all ages and the Lmsa program you are just referring to the older's at a developed level who hopefully have been taught the basic's and have mastered them and now start the next development part of their careers You do understand age specific training right?
Bob besides having the D lic did you ever really play the game?
In order to be a great dancer and teach it you have to have been a dancer to feel the steps rhythm and beat
Not learned from a dance manual.
The last year I played was about 17 years ago in a over 25 league at the age of 40 I played sweeper, stopper or marked the best forward because I'm really fast a good to great athlete for my age have a short legs for a low center of gravity little to no fear and a cocky attitude like I need to say that.
Again I don't understand why if someone is trying to make their kid better it is a waste without totally understanding all the relational of the decision
I am impressed by your post and I am determined now more than ever to find a trainer for my kid. I don't really care if the club for the team is on board I would like to find one for my kid. he can benefit from training on agility and footwork. U15. I've already looked online but do you have any recommendations?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3891 Jan 5, 2014
First off lets make sure one thing is perfectly clear our "club" program has no priority over any of the other programs - don't say it, don't believe it, don't think it either, I dare anyone to try to prove it. I/we won't let it happen period and if someone can show it to me I'll take care of it ASAP I promise. Why would anyone say that the bod only cares about club???? I know some what to believe it but I just isn't true. Our core program is and will always be first. All our programs can coexist without priorities to any. Some don't want our club program here but haven't be able to justify it, other then "I just don't like it" for whatever reasons?

Next I do believe that we offer fields my guess is that because of the rain and fields it may have something to do with it. Also we have had trouble in the past with getting people to help out so that also may have something to do with it.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3892 Jan 5, 2014
for footwork try Beto he has worked with a few teams in Lmsa and several team for us at WSC/AUSC
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3893 Jan 5, 2014
sometimes your kids coach can do it. I do it for a few of my girls, and we have seen some big improvemnts in a short time
determined

South El Monte, CA

#3894 Jan 5, 2014
Davis wrote:
for footwork try Beto he has worked with a few teams in Lmsa and several team for us at WSC/AUSC
That's right. Forgot about him. Is he still at Parnell? Time? Days,?Do u have an email for him?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3895 Jan 5, 2014
I don't but others here do anybody
I think here is still there
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3896 Jan 5, 2014
Bob
now with coast spring season done in a new format. Where are teams going to be placed or are they each to decide what level 1 2 or 3.
where do you plan to play?
Is level 2 expected for the better going silver LMSA teams?
Level 3 for the staying Bronze level teams?
coach club

Los Angeles, CA

#3897 Jan 5, 2014

Time is running out for the older teams. Developing teams should be moving up every season. Staying in the same bracket year after year demonstrates a lack of growth. I really like the growth of some of the LMSA teams but breaking out of silver will be a task for the older teams. These younger teams all have the rec pool to draw from. Also the talent has not left LMSA solid coaching development will only surpass what these older teams are accomplishing.
coach club

Los Angeles, CA

#3898 Jan 5, 2014
playig in a stronger bracket is helpful.But if the competition is to much then its not very instructional. The speed the touch reaction time and decision time is somthing that will improve.
Davis

Inglewood, CA

#3899 Jan 6, 2014
lmsa wrote:
Bob
now with coast spring season done in a new format. Where are teams going to be placed or are they each to decide what level 1 2 or 3.
where do you plan to play?
Is level 2 expected for the better going silver LMSA teams?
Level 3 for the staying Bronze level teams?
You got me there
Where did you see the new format
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3900 Jan 6, 2014
On the Csl web site

BRACKETING

Will there be brackets gold/silver, north/south... etc as is now in the CSL?
Teams will be placed in flights and pools according to a teams level of play and geographic location
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3901 Jan 6, 2014
BRACKETING

Will there be brackets gold/silver, north/south... etc as is now in the CSL?
Teams will be placed in flights and pools according to a teams level of play and geographic location
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3902 Jan 6, 2014
someone had told me spring in coast is different then fall. Teams are more mixed in levels. and its a smaller bracketing not gold through bronze but a tier system as SCDSL plays.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman arrested in Whittier Massage Parlor prost... (Jan '10) 12 hr Donald McKinnon 60
Does the Whittier Police have audio and video r... 12 hr 1art27355 1
News Arcadia man suspected in failed bank robbery (Sep '10) Sun TruthSeeker 14
News Honk: Are those 'Children at Play' signs legal? (Feb '11) Sun wowdumbumb 125
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Sun Walls work 4,563
Ticketed for parking in my front yard??? (Jan '10) Sun Lawdog 87
News Caltrans crew cleans up homeless camp under the... (May '09) Sat angel0523 22

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages