NicsDad

Covina, CA

#3782 Dec 18, 2013
yes, coach. speed kills. we got a good dose of it at tier 1 this season, after cruising through tier 2 last fall. junior was a guest with a premier level team this past weekend. i am amazed at the difference in the level of play - skills, passing, TEAMWORK, and speed - at that level. some of these kids are maturing physically at this age and makes all the difference, as they take their play up a notch. BTW - he brought home the jewelry.
CalSoSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3783 Dec 18, 2013
LMSA thankful wrote:
People will never be happy at the league level and team level.
If its the pay issues, incompetent coaching issues, play time issues, residency issues, lighting issues, field issues, travel issues, referee issues I could go on and on. This Forums negativity never seems to end. Never ever do we encourage or thank the BOD for what they do or have done as volunteers. People so unhappy the way things get done.
If people are bothered by the littlest of things then why do they keep returning to play here.
Ways and AYSO are only five minutes away ACBrea Strikers and Rangers are only a thousand dollar diference jump on it.
What you see as negativity is actually mostly constructive opinions on how LMSA should evolve.
And if you were to follow the thread from the beginning you would see that many of what people have called negative comments have come to pass within LMSA

LMSA is a work in progress. It has taken some backward steps now and again but as long as it doesn't sit back and rest on its laurels it's should be ok
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3784 Dec 18, 2013
First let me explain we ALLOW paid trainers so if you took your kid somewhere else because we don't allow paid trainers, that is a misunderstanding. Our interest is for ALL the kids in LM if the HS coaches want to get involved and work with the kids of LM then we will listen.

agreed "If non resident players are willing to come and its not affecting La Mirada Kids why not. "

I don't agree that we have missed a huge opportunity we are learning and growing we could be at over 30 teams by fall if we wanted but that wouldn't benefit the kids of LM. FYI I have been approached by around 18 outside teams to join LMSA just in the past 2 weeks

Second the U19 team has a paid trainer but not a coach that is why there is no U19 team as of now, that is totally up to them NOT US.

I am forming a group of comp. coaches to form it's own group to work on comp. issues. We take to much time of the BOD meeting to discuss all our little quirks. We will be looking at our year in review, learning from it and will grow for future.

A few things that won't change -

No paid coaches, trainers ok (coaches are the "owners" if you will, of the team and still must meet certain requirements)
Residence rule, may be modified for the older's U14 up we will discuss BUT LA MIRADA KIDS COME FIRST
Play time

AGAIN ILL ASK WHAT ARE THE ISSUES WE CAN WORK ON TO IMPROVE OUR PROGRAM NOT JUST THE COMP PROGRAM EITHER

We will do a better job this year in reaching out to the residence and kids of LM this year, we have so much more energy on the BOD with all the new people we can't help but get better.

one last parting statement before I get to work if you want to call me names do it to my face and then we can discuss it. if you think that hurt my feels my family calls me that all the time so ARE you part of my family
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3785 Dec 18, 2013
CalSoSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
What you see as negativity is actually mostly constructive opinions on how LMSA should evolve.
And if you were to follow the thread from the beginning you would see that many of what people have called negative comments have come to pass within LMSA
LMSA is a work in progress. It has taken some backward steps now and again but as long as it doesn't sit back and rest on its laurels it's should be ok
Maybe the intent is to be helpful but it isn't taken that way, and negativity is still subjective. Not sure what steps we took backwards help me with that, what were they?
Some idea's haven't worked out completely as planned, but I don't see that as a step backwards just a learning experience. Many don't understand the whole reasons as to why something's are done a certain way and that could be what we are lacking here.

"What you see as negativity is actually mostly constructive opinions on how LMSA should evolve." isn't that just a matter of opinion to some, other's may see it completely different

*********WE ON THE BOD ARE VERY PROUD OF WHAT WE HAVE DONE FOR THE KIDS
Club

United States

#3786 Dec 18, 2013
Not surprised that LMSA has gotten offers. XplosionSC began with 5 competitive teams and now has over 20 in a short time and they are still picking and choosing.
LM res-coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3787 Dec 18, 2013
I think the entire LMSA family & outgoing BOD should be proud of what we've accomplished this year,'Thank you all'. We have a long way to go which is the pressing challenge to the new BOD & the LMSA family.

We will never be able to please everyone, but we should always fall back to the underlying premise that our existence is primarily to serve the residents of La Mirada. That is not to say we should shut anyone out, I think we need to look at the residency rule.

This format though negative at times, offers us a great tool to feel the pulse of the community we serve. BOD should take heed because it really is what's important to us all. Otherwise why would we even bother to chime in.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3788 Dec 18, 2013
The residency rule is governed by the city. And speaking of this forum it's ok but there are only a dozen'ish people who are actively involved here and most of them are just here just to bash ME LOL

case in point anyone what to guess on how many people voted this year
club$$

La Mesa, CA

#3789 Dec 18, 2013
Davis wrote:
case in point anyone what to guess on how many people voted this year
Voted for what? You mean I could have taken YOUR job???? Dammit!!!
Nah, you can have it. Too many complaining parents. No wonder your so defensive. I'd prob tell them to shove it up their ass. You handle it much better.

Yes, good job to the BOD. People have no clue the amount of FREE hours you all put in, for THEIR kid! I know first hand tho.... Good to hear the league has new motivated blood. Mixed in with the old blood to keep things on track.
LM res-coach

Whittier, CA

#3790 Dec 18, 2013
Some Clubs have an annual survey they shoot out via email to their parents. The responses may provide a broader view than this format.

Sadly though you're right about one thing; the voter response indicate that many parents don't bother to take the time to vote. apparently they just want to drop their kids off at practice and come see them during games.

Even so I think some parents would be more than happy to share their opinion via survey if given the chance.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3791 Dec 19, 2013
Just one thing lol
Club

La Puente, CA

#3792 Dec 19, 2013
so many vacancies in the coaching positions for club/signature.I would love to see some of the more qualified coaches pick up another team or help out.
My question is are the teams formed and searching a coach or are they looking to form them with a new coach?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3793 Dec 19, 2013
GU13 done
GU12 working on coach basiclly a new team
GU10 ? have offered to help out trying to get a parent meeting
have app's for the both new upcoming U9 teams
still need BU9 that we didnt have this year

anyone interested call or email me
CalSoSoccer

Los Angeles, CA

#3794 Dec 19, 2013
So are these teams for Spring 2014 or Fall 2014 ?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3795 Dec 19, 2013
BOTH
check out the web site
Silver

Whittier, CA

#3796 Dec 19, 2013
the teams that are new will probably be fall but tryouts start March/April./May unless already posted on the website.
Daddy Coach

Valley Village, CA

#3797 Dec 19, 2013
Will the coaches be volunteers or paid?
CalSoSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3798 Dec 20, 2013
So the GU13 is that Tim's or Kevin's old team ?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3799 Dec 20, 2013
Volunteer
Ages as of now
LMHS Parent

Los Angeles, CA

#3800 Dec 21, 2013
How about 7-0-1 for LMHS girls soccer. Lead by the former ex-LMSA GU19 coach. Not allowed back because he took a few bucks SMH at the LMSA BOD
Club coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3801 Dec 21, 2013
A FEW BUCKS FOR COACHING?
why is he entitled more then I?Im happy for the highschool girls, what was the excuse for his LMSA team that was struggling to win....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shootings in Whittier, Norwalk areas believed t... 2 hr Acab 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr MidPhartz 32,924
green lighted west covina 13 ex-member (Mar '12) Fri Spanky 23
News Girl who came to U.S. illegally can't get loans (May '10) Fri riot illegals 3,255
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Apr 24 NKOTBLOCC 4,544
News Rowland Heights man working as tutor for Santa ... Apr 18 Georgia Levin 2
News Reputed gang leader from Rowland Heights among ... (Apr '10) Jan '17 SoCalNative 19

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages