Signature

Whittier, CA

#3721 Dec 11, 2013
Signature and bronze are similar at u9 so they can go either direction. I would like to see everyone start in CSL. GU9 should have this season. So it depends on the team. Parents like to say club more than Signature and we should be able to keep players longer. With Bronze you usually don't travel very far. As you get older the Signature competition drops a little each year as teams start moving to club or top players leave teams.
LM Mom

Riverside, CA

#3722 Dec 11, 2013
Start U9 at CSL. Only start in signature if you either have a team that is not fully committed to year round soccer for example half the team plays softball or baseball. Also the only reason I do signature is if the coach or trainer are not that good. Just my opinion. I think most agree forcing a team signature out of the bat isn't fair nor democratic.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3723 Dec 12, 2013
Can someone explain this whole thing about if a player plays on a Highschool team he cant playClub or playoffs my sonis not in highschool yet but i hear them say that they need to choose .
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3724 Dec 12, 2013
Cif has a rule that says you can't compete meaning play in games while participating in same sport in high school you can still practice
So normally a soccer player switches teams at Thanksgiving but some kids get brakes if their team is top level and playing elite tournaments
A coach could let the player play and finish their comment by just not putting them on the roster until they finish but because they don't give a CT;" , about all the work we do to get the kids where they are they don't Care
We had to play with only 8 kids last year in playoffs because of this
I did get signature to change their rules and Csl also has u14 finishing before Thanksgiving
Most kids parents won't fight because they are afraid of reprisal against their kid some even think that you can't practice with your team during school season which isn't true but are so afraid of what a coach will do
Some coaches even going so far as recruiting kids for other friends teams
Not supporting local programs as they say they want to do
I'm really bitter here because the local coaches give is any respect and think that they made the kids what they are even though they spent years paying and learning outside
Some have even convinced parents that kids get recruited thru high school
lmsa boy B00

Los Angeles, CA

#3725 Dec 12, 2013
Well have a great test this weekend our team will be playing Anahiem cup. With two teams in our bracket that are very competetive.
Exiles Red out of SCDSL tier ll. who lost to AC brea in the finals last summer tourny.
and Falcon panthers from Coast who went 14 and 0 this season.
this is probably the best Bronze team in all Coast.
We are Really looking forward to this match. and having a good respectable showing.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3726 Dec 12, 2013
thanks for great information Davis.
LMSA Club coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3727 Dec 12, 2013
Anyone using good bait to catch the keeper fish i should know about?....not getting much luck at the lake.
Seriously

Whittier, CA

#3728 Dec 12, 2013
lmsa wrote:
Can someone explain this whole thing about if a player plays on a Highschool team he cant playClub or playoffs my sonis not in highschool yet but i hear them say that they need to choose .
U14 rec is the only one that finishes or has all stars after the High School Cutoff. U16 rec finishes early if he is U15.16
Bait

Whittier, CA

#3729 Dec 12, 2013
LMSA Club coach wrote:
Anyone using good bait to catch the keeper fish i should know about?....not getting much luck at the lake.
Pizza is out dated, Burritos are cooked at home, all you need is an English accent
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3730 Dec 12, 2013
lmsa wrote:
It's really quite simple.
CIF rules don't allow an athlete to play the sport he/she is playing in HS outside of HS, during the HS season. This includes scrimmage matches

If they do, then the HS team will forfeit all the games that player was on the roster for.

Every season some CIF team forfeits games because some kid tried to be sneaky and play for a club team and not tell the HS coach. Soccer is really a small world, people talk and opposing coaches find out.

So the smart family who knows that their kid has a good chance of making the HS team plays their kid up to the U15/16 division during the Fall season. Because their season ends Nov 20th, so these kids can play HS ball without any problems

To be honest playing up at this level also helps prepare the U14 player for the much more physical HS game.

If LMSA really cares about this problem of U14 teams losing all its players due to HS they should ask at the sign ups for the Fall all the U14 players to play UP if they are going out for their HS team.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3731 Dec 12, 2013
Davis wrote:
My idea is to have the U9 and U10 teams stay in signature until U11 for what I believe better player devolpment?
What say you
U8 All Star teams should be formed after the Fall seafon, but must have a GOOD coach, then they should play in the CSL Spring season.
If they do good and the coaching is quality, then they can go into the CSL U9 program.
If not put them in Sig for a little seasoning and upgrading (coaches, players) as needed

In fact all younger Sig teams should play Spring CSL to gauge their development.
Older Sig should stay in Sig. They have already missed the boat.

Spring Sig is a sad joke.
other coach

Baldwin Park, CA

#3732 Dec 13, 2013
coaching is the most important part with that age if you had a quality high level daddy coach. they could play club, they could develope and learn the ropes sooner.
but they need to be pushed challenged toughen up....the sooner the better my opinion. dont shelter the kids speed of play in club is faster then speed of play signature if they commence at u11. the other teams have seen it and played it for a few years already. thats the issue im having w a few slow pokes...
other coach

Baldwin Park, CA

#3733 Dec 13, 2013
dont play the catch up game. The talent in the younger years is all there. fish them out give them incentives to stay.......pizza burritos
i hear its sushi now.
Davis

Indio, CA

#3734 Dec 13, 2013
Close but not quite right 14 club and signature finish in time. they don't forfeit all their games according go the Cif bluebook you have read that book haven't you. so to attack us bod members Is really off base since I got Cal south to change their rules for u14
you are calling parents stupid because they don't play u15 but you don't know the rules either and Are giving bad advice so what does that make you
Now on the rec side u14 also has u13 if there a problem it is that the brackets should be odd years instead of even but since both sides rule makers don't care about the other the kids get screwed
They can train with but can't compete per the blue book
I don't remember the last time a team forfeited any game because of this when was the last time you know of
SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really quite simple.
CIF rules don't allow an athlete to play the sport he/she is playing in HS outside of HS, during the HS season. This includes scrimmage matches
If they do, then the HS team will forfeit all the games that player was on the roster for.
Every season some CIF team forfeits games because some kid tried to be sneaky and play for a club team and not tell the HS coach. Soccer is really a small world, people talk and opposing coaches find out.
So the smart family who knows that their kid has a good chance of making the HS team plays their kid up to the U15/16 division during the Fall season. Because their season ends Nov 20th, so these kids can play HS ball without any problems
To be honest playing up at this level also helps prepare the U14 player for the much more physical HS game.
If LMSA really cares about this problem of U14 teams losing all its players due to HS they should ask at the sign ups for the Fall all the U14 players to play UP if they are going out for their HS team.
Davis

Indio, CA

#3735 Dec 13, 2013
other coach wrote:
dont play the catch up game. The talent in the younger years is all there. fish them out give them incentives to stay.......pizza burritos
i hear its sushi now.
My thought was also to give our coaches time to learn
The game is do much different there they need time to learn and
other coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3736 Dec 13, 2013
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>
My thought was also to give our coaches time to learn
The game is do much different there they need time to learn and
totaly agree on coaching level if its not there...
but if it pops up jump on it.
i have my eyes set on a few talented girls hope they stay i would love to begin the work at about 6 years w them.
club$$

La Mesa, CA

#3737 Dec 13, 2013
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>Close but not quite right 14 club and signature finish in time. they don't forfeit all their games according go the Cif bluebook you have read that book haven't you. so to attack us bod members Is really off base since I got Cal south to change their rules for u14
you are calling parents stupid because they don't play u15 but you don't know the rules either and Are giving bad advice so what does that make you
Now on the rec side u14 also has u13 if there a problem it is that the brackets should be odd years instead of even but since both sides rule makers don't care about the other the kids get screwed
They can train with but can't compete per the blue book
I don't remember the last time a team forfeited any game because of this when was the last time you know of
Man I guess English comprehension is subjective. Or at least to you it is Davis. I didn't read ANY of the attacking comments you made. Your SO defensive. He or she bever called anyone stupid. He/she never said anything about the BOD... Get off your high hoarse man, people are getting tired of your rants and holy than tho attitude. It's NOT ABOUT YOU! It's about the kids.
club$$

La Mesa, CA

#3738 Dec 13, 2013
Dump the signature for LMSA, rec or club.. Let the U8's start early, as early as possible in club. Coaches will adjust just as the players will. Coop would do great for U9 next year, Martinez would do great in 2 years as BU9 coach. Looks promising for the boys. The sooner kids get away from rec coaching and long ball the better. Train kids in the passing and move game, not the boomball game. Nobody progresses with that style (if u even call it a style) of play. Only ego coaches looking for a rec title win....
club$$

La Mesa, CA

#3739 Dec 13, 2013
SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>It's really quite simple.

Is HS even where it's at for soccer? I'd rather have my kid stay at their club assuming they are at a SE/Gold level/Premiere... That's where you want your kid. Or am I mistaken? HS soccer is more like rugby from they years of conversations I've had with people involved in that. I'm a few years out but have been paying attention.
LM res-coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3740 Dec 13, 2013
Bait wrote:
<quoted text>
Pizza is out dated, Burritos are cooked at home, all you need is an English accent
Don't mean to knock them. They're wonderful people and talk a good game. The EPL is a wonderful thing. Kinda wish I had the accent though I'm quite happy the way my momma made me. It's too bad it's come to that sad reality but people are very gullible.

When's the last time they won a World Cup?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Attention BP staff workers council people verba... 45 min Pauly Cook 11
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 59 min Chosen Traveler 35,089
News Two critically injured during San Dimas house p... (Jul '09) Mon DontactPrivileged 23
Where is LMP (Mar '08) Sun Fake 1 percenters 87
why is VLM so disrespected by everyone (Jul '08) Sun Stupidmf 121
News Manitoba premier comments on Winnipeg chamber c... Dec 8 The Ghost of Don ... 4
News Citizens arrest 27 day laborers at Rowland Heig... (May '09) Dec 8 la migra 419

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages