Expert

Los Angeles, CA

#3659 Nov 29, 2013
And I think the BOD's just removed the G13 coach from the team, I'm sure he can still ref

But the question is would he want to ?
Would u in this situation.?
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3660 Nov 29, 2013
Expert wrote:
The 3 situations outline in several of the previous posts demonstrate why it will be very hard for LMSA to move in the right direction to be a successful Club
1. Self serving bd members will do whatever they can to not have competition for kids within the club
2. Daddy coaches care only about their own child and don't have or make time to aid the club in developing other teams/players/coaches.
3. Most Daddy coaches may bet the paper but really lack the skill / knowledge or real time ability to coach at the club level. A little success in Rec doesn't make a club coach
LMSA BOD should stop trying to defend a system that will not work and spend their time trying to of develop one that will
Really expert of
ODP Parent

Los Angeles, CA

#3661 Nov 30, 2013
LMSA will always be a lagger in the top arenas......

1. Residency Rule
2 Minumum play time

This is bottom line.
be happy with what you have accomplisehed this is it.
these two rules are bigger factors then average coaching to reach the higher levels.
LMSA Observer

Buena Park, CA

#3662 Nov 30, 2013
Does anyone know what the Signature teams did this year?
Club Parent

Whittier, CA

#3663 Nov 30, 2013
Is that bad. Minimum play time, why carry players if they are not good enough. What about player development. You can't develop if they do not play. Residency rules, without them would there be LMSA club teams. NJB has the residency rules, so does Pop Warner. No difference. Without residency you might as well drop the program.
Club Parent

Whittier, CA

#3664 Nov 30, 2013

1. Self serving bd members will do whatever they can to not have competition for kids within the club
WHAT ARE YOU REFERRING TO WITH THIS COMMENT ABOUT NOT TO HAVE COMPETITION WITHIN THE CLUB?

2. Daddy coaches care only about their own child and don't have or make time to aid the club in developing other teams/players/coaches.
EACH TEAM IS RESPONSIBLE TO TAKE CARE OF THIER OWN TRAINING. I DON'T SEE IT WITH THE TEAMS THAT HAVE SUCCEEDED AND EVEN THE 2 THAT STRUGGLED THEIR KIDS ARE NOT THE CENTER OF THE TEAM. THIS COMMENTS SOUNDS GOOD BUT WHICH TEAM DO YOU SEE THE HEAD COACH PUTTING THIER CHILD ABOVE THE TEAM? I HAVENT SEEN ALL TEAMS BUT THE ONES THAT I HAVE SEEN DONT FAVOR THIER CHILD OVER THE TEAM GOAL.

3. Most Daddy coaches may bet the paper but really lack the skill / knowledge or real time ability to coach at the club level. A little success in Rec doesn't make a club coach

LMSA BOD should stop trying to defend a system that will not work and spend their time trying to develop one that will
I LIKE THE LOWER COSTS. I HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY LEFF OVER FOR PERSONAL TRAINING WHICH WILL BENEFIT MY CHILD MORE THAN PAYING 2K AT ANOTHER CLUB. THERE ARE PLENTY OF CLUB COACHES THAT SHOULDNT BE THERE AS WELL.

l DONT THINK ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR AN ODP PROGRAM JUST A COMPETITIVE ALTERNATIVE TO THE ESTABLISHMENT. ENJOY IT FOR WHAT IT IS NOT FOR WHAT IT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE.
Easy to understand

Los Angeles, CA

#3665 Nov 30, 2013
In LM, be it LMSA or AYSO there have been only 1 U19 and if luck 1 U16 team. Be they B or G.

And that was in a good year.

If the U19 coach had returned he would have drawn from both age divisions. And rightly so since players who wanted to show their stuff to make the LMHS G Varsity would have gone over to his team
This would have drawn players from the Bd members U16 team

So instead of offering choices as advertised the GU19 coach was removed.

It's easy to see if you look. A true volunteer must do every thing possible to avoid the appearance of improper conduct.
Removing competition through your position is an example of that.
ODP Parent

Norco, CA

#3666 Nov 30, 2013
No Offense to LMSA but true talent will be approached and offered scholarship to leave and play for the "Power Houses" of club soccer who donrt care where they live.
From these teams and higher level soccer they get discovered. The exposure will increase as they play better tournaments and better then Bronze Brackets.
Even with average coaching talented kids will still shine.
If its more then anything LMSA can offer dont object.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3667 Dec 1, 2013
some of you bashers and pitchfork wielding people will never be happy with whatever LMSA does. You treat Davis and the club proram as if a deterent to the program. Signature / Club. Is working look at the overall picture. Yes one or two kids leave the core program to playthere. But is that not better then to leave completely?
the other level is down the street. Do you want your kid playing at Aeolian cow pasture? or with a organization that doesnt know where they will be because their fields have been sol to developers. how about paying 1800 a season to be dressed up in pretty blues and share your coach with three to four other teams. or drve down imperial in afternoon traffic to brea and back.
people its working kids are staying. that was the reason for all this ...keep our kids and offer higherlevel and be competetive for a reasonable price. the doors are always open if you feel its not up to your need. Take your marbles down the street.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3668 Dec 1, 2013
Davis isnt one of my most favorite persons! but i will defend what he has done and is doing for LMSA. His time and Efforts. I would have left long ago if Club didnt become an option the whole U19 coach issue? come on....really ? Davis bashers! you know what we do, we coach as volunteers so then why is he any better or should collect money. Because he coached at LM highschool? that didnt bring him a champions medal or even a runnerup medal did it? im sure davis wouldnt object if he coached for free...that girls u19 team looked lost one dimensional lost in ideas...even at the end of the season. that should have been enough time to develop the girls some .
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3669 Dec 1, 2013
The coaches at LMSA are good coaches.
yes they might have a son or daughter on the team. Whats the big deal with that. I dont play my kid any more or less aswell as my managers kid. SORRY I DO WHATS DESERVED. i might even play them less..Club soccer is competetive. Rec soccer ok play your kid how u want. dont complain you dont bust your a++. three days a week to get to the soccer fields set up and coach. Chill.. u know your kid will play half the game anyways.
we have the best of both worlds here.
go to the greener side of the fence youll be bac.
Davis

Inglewood, CA

#3670 Dec 1, 2013
confused are you saying that my 4 freashman u15 girls are better then the other U16 U17 U18 U19 club players? That just doesn't sound right please explain that. Please read this he was not removed, I read the email have you? Both division what are you talking about in club there are div for each age? we would love to get LMHS kids that have left La Mirada to come back any idea how we can get those?
Easy to understand wrote:
In LM, be it LMSA or AYSO there have been only 1 U19 and if luck 1 U16 team. Be they B or G.
And that was in a good year.
If the U19 coach had returned he would have drawn from both age divisions. And rightly so since players who wanted to show their stuff to make the LMHS G Varsity would have gone over to his team
This would have drawn players from the Bd members U16 team
So instead of offering choices as advertised the GU19 coach was removed.
It's easy to see if you look. A true volunteer must do every thing possible to avoid the appearance of improper conduct.
Removing competition through your position is an example of that.
Signature

Whittier, CA

#3671 Dec 1, 2013
LMSA Observer wrote:
Does anyone know what the Signature teams did this year?
gu9 - 8-1-1 qualified for the finals in Signature Cup next weekend
bu10 - 10-0-0 League Champions.
bu11 - 6-2-2.
bu12 - 1-3-6
bu14 - 7-1-2
Total - 32-7-11
FYI

Whittier, CA

#3672 Dec 1, 2013
lmsa wrote:
some of you bashers and pitchfork wielding people will never be happy with whatever LMSA does. You treat Davis and the club proram as if a deterent to the program. Signature / Club. Is working look at the overall picture. Yes one or two kids leave the core program to playthere. But is that not better then to leave completely?
the other level is down the street. Do you want your kid playing at Aeolian cow pasture? or with a organization that doesnt know where they will be because their fields have been sol to developers. how about paying 1800 a season to be dressed up in pretty blues and share your coach with three to four other teams. or drve down imperial in afternoon traffic to brea and back.
people its working kids are staying. that was the reason for all this ...keep our kids and offer higherlevel and be competetive for a reasonable price. the doors are always open if you feel its not up to your need. Take your marbles down the street.
Are you talking about Xplosion, Strikers FC, Rangers,and AC Brea?
Celtic tiger

United States

#3673 Dec 1, 2013
All coach Kev guilty of was havin a little bit of passion.
lmsa

Compton, CA

#3674 Dec 1, 2013
Celtic tiger wrote:
All coach Kev guilty of was havin a little bit of passion.
Wow dont know enough to comment.
Anyone know how Gu13 did? in tournament or Boys U13 in Brea?
LMSA dad

Los Angeles, CA

#3675 Dec 1, 2013
lmsa wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow dont know enough to comment.
Anyone know how Gu13 did? in tournament or Boys U13 in Brea?
wrong boys team i think they lost everygame!
by 5 or six goals.
Proud dad

Los Angeles, CA

#3676 Dec 2, 2013
Two teams won leagues Championships
Boys U10 Signature
Boys U13 Club Bronze
How about a picture up on the website with their medals. Some of those pictures need to be replaced.
Champion

Whittier, CA

#3677 Dec 2, 2013
Proud dad wrote:
Two teams won leagues Championships
Boys U10 Signature
Boys U13 Club Bronze
How about a picture up on the website with their medals. Some of those pictures need to be replaced.
Great promotion. Congrats
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3678 Dec 2, 2013
Champion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great promotion. Congrats
great to see Champion back....Davis are there any plans to petition the boys u13s to Silver Elite.
or play tier 1 in Spring with the Big Boys?
or will you wait till after state cup?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Girl who came to U.S. illegally can't get loans (May '10) 2 hr karen 3,220
Kelly Thomas Cops Star in Nude Review 3 hr No Carrot for you 3
Poll Are the vatos from sskaka chirujos, ratas or ra... (Jun '10) 5 hr kanpol 159
west covina 13 kays clicka (Feb '09) 9 hr tracyg 73
Accusations or true? 11 hr All facts 7
What is it like to live in La Jolla? (Dec '08) 11 hr Pumpkin 9
News Happy Birthday, Alan Haskvitz (Sep '08) 22 hr fellow teacher 15
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages